About Oasis Beach Apartments

• car hire
  • bicycle rental
  • spanish amenities
  • portuguese amenities
  • free public parking nearby
  • golf course

ok

Reviewed Mon 23rd of November 2009

"I stayed at the Oasis a few year back and found it fantastic. BUT!! when I returned again I stayed in the same apartment and discovered that it was as I would call it a bit tired!! I also found that the bed clothes, curtains and sofa were smelly infact the whole apartment needed some TLC. Dont get me wrong the Oasis is a fantastic place to stay as it is in a prime location. I also noticed that the pool bar was closed which was great for snacks and drinks. I love this place and I would stay there again in a heartbeat but not the way it is now!!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2009

disgraceful,

Reviewed Tue 22nd of September 2009

"I feel i must warn anybody looking to book a break or holiday at these apartments to forget all about it.This is without doubt the worst place i have ever stayed.It was like the day after human kind had been destroyed after a battle with aliens and you woke up to find you were the only survivors, and this was your hide out.The mystical people who own this site are never to be seen,our friends were locked in and out of there rooms by faulty door locks,scarey,the cleaners did no cleaning,there were no toilet rolls,the place had not seen paint since the end of the war,the napolianic war,i could go on."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed Sun 19th of April 2009

"Stayed at the Oasis Beach 13th - 20th May and what a great place. Was rather aprehensive about going, after the disappearance of little Madelaine I thought it would a bit of a nightmare with the paparazzi and journalists all over the place, but thankfully this was not the case.

Oasis Beach is in a quiet location but only a few minutes stroll to the beach and main resort. The staff were all very friendly and spoke good English. The pool was a little on the small side, but more than adequate for a quick dip to cool down. The pool bar was great and served snacks (cheeseburgers, pizza, chips, etc) all of which was very reasonably priced and very handy if you just wanted a light bite but couldn't be bothered with the short stroll into the resort.

We stayed in a studio, which was a great size with plenty of storage. Kitchen was very basic. However, as I don't cook on holidays we only used the fridge to keep our water and beers cool! But I'm sure you could manage to make a few snacks if need be.

The resort itself was lovely. Very laid back. Plenty of restaurants to chose from, depending on what you fancy to eat and quite a few bars. Pizza Real was great, and it's not just pizza, anything from a Lovely lasagne to a great curry!! Luz Bar on the front did the best breakfasts! We also like the Bull and Kellys and tended to frequent either of these of an evening.

All in all a fantastic holiday. I highly recommend the Oasis Beach and if you're looking for a laid back, go with the flow holiday then Praia da Luz is just the place. We loved it so much we're planning on going back."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of April 2009

I've just got back from a weeks holiday...

Reviewed Fri 6th of June 2008

"I've just got back from a weeks holiday in the Oasis Beach Apartments. When i first arrived i thought "what a dump, i can't believe i have to stay here". It looked bad from the outside, but the apartments are really nice inside, with really nice balconys.
One of the biggest downfalls with this resort is the reciption was shut 95% of the time i went down. Which is a bummer, because then indoor pool, gym etc were locked too.
The bar pool was OK, the bar was good, but the food from the bar is horrid (the cooks in the bar make better barstaff, than chefs).
AND i think the cleaners nicked my toilet rool (haha).
I'd recommend Oasis Beach if you want a chilled/relaxing holiday, as there is not much to do, unless you're prepared to travel.

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

Expensive apartments not worth the money...

Reviewed Mon 17th of September 2007

"Expensive apartments not worth the money you pay. No staff available in reception most of the day. No facilities to talk about, indoor pool fine though. Studio apartments very dark and dingy. Pool bar bit of a joke. Grounds not really well maintained, weeds everywhere and don't forget to take plenty of toilet roll and soap because they only supply you with one of each. It's advertised on direct holidays website as being 3 star in fact it is only 1 star. I think the staff at Direct Holidays wrote all the other reviews."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

This was our fourth year at the brillian...

Reviewed Tue 13th of March 2007

"This was our fourth year at the brilliant Oasis Beach apartments.

We love the chilled atmosphere of the Oasis Beach apts and are always made to feel very welcome by Joseph, who greets us with a smile every year and looks after us very well.

We have 2 small children now aged 8 and 10 and are looking forward this July to our fifth year at oasis beach.

We have eaten at a lot of the restaurants in Luz but our firm favourite is pizza real which has super pizza, lasagne and a wicked jalfrezi!

The only disappointment this year was the early closure of the pool bar, we hope to see it open in the evenings this coming summer."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

Wow! Just back last night from a fortnig...

Reviewed Fri 8th of September 2006

"Wow! Just back last night from a fortnight staying at the beautiful Oasis Beach apartments in Praia da luz. I would highly recommend these apartments and resort to anyone looking for complete relaxation, sunshine and cold beers in the sun.

This was the first holiday away together for my boyfriend and I so finding a place ideal for both of us was always going to be a challenge. But the Oasis beach was a complete heaven! We booked a last minute deal with Direct holidays two weeks prior to leaving on the 24 August 2006, we did not pay the additional fee for meals on flights - just as well as we got them regardless! We were staying in a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen, sky TV and large balcony which caught the early sun! The weather was very warm - temperatures stayed over 35 each day, the pool and especially the poolside bar were very, very handy!

The pool is quite small but as this is a small complex it was enough to suit all. The Oasis has an advantage of an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, sauna and gym. The only disappointment of these apartments is the so called Gym where the equipment is very basic and some of it broken! The apartments are a short stroll away from the gorgeous beach, bars and restaurants. We did not spend time at the beach as it was too warm and needed the pool to dive into every 30 mins or so! Luz is a very quiet resort with little nightlife. It has one nightclub - which we never seen anyone enter! And of course Carlos's which is a small bar with music from 60's, 70's and 80's overlooking the beach, a must to experience -prices of cocktails are a bit pricey though but hey your on holiday, splash out! We ate out a few times and our highlight meal was at the fort.

What can I say about the fort to do it justice? Totally stunning views, amazing service and the food was out of this world with a full authentic mouth watering menu! The worst meal we had was in Chaplin’s, do not go here unless you want to feel ill for two days! We frequented the following bars for football matches and cold cheap local beers; The Bull (nice location, staff friendly. Kelly’s - very cheap local beer here and a nice atmosphere no air conditioning though which made it very stuffy, staff English and very friendly.

The Plough and Harrow was the best by far - our only disappointment was we didn't find this gem of a bar/restaurant until the end of our holiday! The Plough and Harrow serves traditional English pub grub (although we didn't eat here) with a secluded beer garden. We watched the Northern Ireland v Spain match in this bar in comfortable armchairs in front of the flat screen TV, staff English speaking and very friendly. I would recommend this bar to anyone wishing to relax in comfortable surroundings, prices very reasonable. We went to the cinema in luz which opens every night at 10pm and only has one screen, worth it at 4 euros each, films in English and cinema has a bar with amazingly cheap pints which you can drink whilst watching the film!

We visited outside Luz to nearby Lagos which was around 7 Euros' each way in a taxi, Lagos is a must to visit if you wish to do some shopping as luz does not have many shops worth mentioning. We took a sailboat cruise from Lagos harbour to see the caves which cost £19 euro each which we found to be over-rated the crew spoke broken English and where not very friendly at all. Back on land Lagos has plenty to offer all when you seek something different from Luz. All in all a fantastic holiday so much so that I am on line about to book again for next year. Praia da Luz is one of the hidden gems of the Algarve which offers relaxation and does not have the usual larger louts which occupy Spain!"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of September 2006

Holiday itinerary listed Oasis Beach as...

Reviewed Sun 11th of December 2005

"Holiday itinerary listed Oasis Beach as being a 2.5 hour transfer from the airport but in reality it was only about half that time.
Excellent range of books in the reception area on arrival which we could borrow as we pleased during our stay.

Apartments themselves could not be faulted - brilliantly spacious and immaculately clean. My only criticism was that the towels were only changed once during our one week stay.

We spent a few hours each day at the pool and on our last morning while waiting for our bus to the airport, we sampled a highly recommended burger (recommended by Oasis Beach staff!!) and it was very very good!

Praia da Luz is quiet but was a good base for our holiday. The beautiful beach was only a 5 minute walk. But watch that water - on our first few days, the water was lovely. Then we had a few dull days and as a result the water turned freezing."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of December 2005

Fantastic apartments - immaculate and sp...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"Fantastic apartments - immaculate and spacious. The 1 bedroom apartments were ideal for a family of 4, including fitted kitchen and satellite TV for the news!

The pool bar and pool were ideal at this time of year...plenty of room for everyone. Tasty Burgers and Tuna sarnies too! Would be cramped at high season I would imagine.

Luz is nice sleepy village with just about enough to keep you and the kids happy for a week. A longer stay would necessitate a car I would imagine.

The added bonus was that the weather was awesome for the whole week (end of September). The locals told us that it was hotter then than in August...result!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

The apartments at Oasis Beach were surpr...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"The apartments at Oasis Beach were surprisingly large and well equipped. We had a studio - Block A : Apt A which was ideal for two (and maybe three if under 12 years) and was very clean. Apart from breakfast we ate out every night but the kitchen had enough crockery, pots, pans etc for anybody wishing to eat in. The whole complex seemed to be run by just two people who seemed to be everywhere at once but most helpful with nothing too much trouble. Joseph on reception was great - changing money one minute, changing light bulbs next and serving in the bar in between!!

The biggest minus was the size of the pool and terrace/lawn area which were too small for the number of apartments. However the beach was literally less than 5 minutes away. Praia da Luz itself is small and quiet with very few shops but a nice selection of bars and restaurants where it is advisable to book a table if you want to eat at a certain time before 10pm. Lagos, a 7euro taxi ride away, was the complete opposite and a must to visit if you need to do any serious shopping.

Lots of restaurants and bars and a lovely marina to walk round. We stayed at Praia Da Luz for one week which was just enough for the size of the place - two weeks would have made it boring unless you would be prepared to travel to Lagos each day. All in all a good relaxing break at a well run comfortable complex.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005