About Real Marina Hotel & Spa

• portuguese amenities
  • tv other russia

4 Star at the most...

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Unfortunately, I wrote a great review but my laptop run out of battery and lost it! So here's the condensed version...

The good

*Natura trips - highly recommend Dolphin trip (we saw around 50) and visiting as many islands as you can
* clean and lovely looking hotel
* local restaurant Horta - great fresh fish

Improvements

* The cleaning staff were dreadful - woke up during the night, short of towels, shampoo etc on occasions
* Pool is very small, no chance to swim as too crowded
* Towel system is flawed, often waiting for a towel or to hand one back

All in all, great trip and nice hotel. But let's not get carried away here. I was expected an awful lot from the reviews but it didnt live up to the hype.

Hope this helps"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"Amazing hotel. Maybe the best in Algarve. Must visit CheSsenta Bar in Faro. Open everynight with Live music, Karaoke or good DJ's choosing the best Rock and Reggae sounds"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of September 2010

A Hidden Gem

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"This is an excellent hotel. I cannot fault it. The rooms are great, as was the pool and all the public areas.
The bar was one of the most pleasant hotel bars I've been in. It is tended by Rui who was polite, helpful and delivered top drawer service. He even let me choose what we put on TV (there was a match playing I wanted to see).

I'm torn as to rave any further as I want to keep this place a secret!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2010

Amazing Hotel - five star quality value and service

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Well I really do not know where to start about this hotel. When we pulled up outside the hotel we were greeted immediately with a friendly and welcoming face. As we checked in and were informed of breakfast times and so on they gave us a free trip to one of the islands courtesy of the Hotel! ( And it was an amazing day on Dessert Island) We were escorted to our room which was so bright, new, clean spacious and so tastefully decorated. I instantly new this holiday was going to be a good one. The facilities are great - great gym, indoor and outdoor pool beauty salon two lovely bars and two brand new laptops in the business centre with free Wi Fi access.
Breakfast was amazing and we had a buffet dinner on two of the nights and you could not have wanted for anything! All the staff and I mean all the staff are exceptionally nice. The decor in the hotel is new and really trendy. It has the feeling of a hotel from America.
We have had the best sleep on their huge beds, the pillows were so comfortable and a good night and sweet dreams chocolate was left on the pillow every night !! All in all the value this hotel offers is unbelievable. Olhao its self is Villamoura 20 years ago - unspoilt and raw. The real Portugal with local food and people - its very charming and I will be back next year for an extended break."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

Fantastic - up there with the very best

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This is a new, chic hotel my wife and I discovered by accident in the relatively undeveloped Algarve coastal town of Olhao just east of Faro. It's sea front location overlooking the boats, rias and marshes is a welcome vista away from the ubiquitous sandy beach. In this age of hotels arbitrarily awarding themselves unwarranted stars this is a genuine 5 star hotel with 5 star attributes. The facilities and staff are of the highest calibre. The only contra is that the main restaurant needs to be a touch more adventurous given the array of quality seafood landed daily across the road. it's not cheap but if that keeps the back packers away i'll pay the extra anytime!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

A real find!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This is the first hotel review i have taken the time to write, but felt compelled to do so as it's not often you come across a hotel that exceeds expectations. From the time of booking, to when we departed the hotel, the service we received was second to none. The staff were all superb!
The hotel itself is of a very high standard - contemporary design with very comfortable large bedrooms. The pool area is beautifully laid out with lovely views over the marina. The food was excellent - quality ingredients, well presented (although would have liked some more seafood choices on the dinner menu!)
Location of the hotel is great - opposite the marina, in an unspoilt town and only 20 minutes from Faro airport. For the beach you need to take a boat trip to one of the nearby islands - would highly recommend as they have beautiful, uncrowded sandy beaches with crystal clear water.
We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay here and will definitely be returning!"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"This is a brand new 5 star hotel in Olhão, facing the marina and the barrier reef islands (Ria Formosa). Nice decoration, excellent bed (more than 2-meter wide !) and exquisite pillows. A real 5 star hotel with competent, involved and friendly staff.
The rooms facing the sea have fantastic views, but the ones facing the town have very disappointing views. Cost difference between both (using Booking) was 35 euros. I can’t help to think that the hotel design and lay-out could have been done in such a way that some rooms would have total sea view but most of the other rooms would have “some” sea view.
Not all facilities were working in July, like the internet in the rooms, but there is a free wifi in the lobby. I managed to get wifi access in the room, but not in the balcony !
Things I didn´t like: the admission fee of 10 euros in the spa, and the noisy air conditioning, that failed to have the slow fan speed working.
Things I did like: the outside pool with a fantastic view, and the toiletries (Azzaro !)
Breakfast is served in the ground floor and is just a 4-star meal.
We were offered a free boat trip to the island (Farol Island) and back, in a small hotel boat. The trip was superb.
In a walking distance from the hotel, there are plenty of fish and shellfish restaurants, some very nice. Real fresh food cooked the Portuguese traditional way."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of August 2010

More than a 5 star

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"After a long trip in Europe, I chose the Real Marina Hotel in Olhao as a chance of having relaxing moments and thats what I had. Olhao is a small and very quiet city but it offers you a great variety of restaurants and islands to visit. The hotel is perfect!!! I had a problem before arriving in the hotel and when I arrived there the reception staff were very helpful and tried to solve it. It has an incredibe decoration and a beautiful view of the Ria Formosa. The Staff, the decoration, the location, the breakfast, cleanliness...everything was perfect!!! But the best thing there is the bed!!! It is amazing!!! Very high sleep quality!!!

Stay there and you will have really good moments...."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2010

5 Star Hotel in Paradise

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I had tried a few times before to book this hotel but delays in its completion kept me from staying here until now. I stayed on 2 occassions within a 2 week time frame. My first stay was in one of its top floor corner suites, the second time I was in a deluxe East facing room. The hotel is located in, what I consider paradise. Not all will agree. Paradise to me is: quiet, no tourists, amazing views, gorgeous beaches and a town with the freshest and best friendly priced seafood that you can imagine. Did I mention that the weather is absolutely perfect with non-stop sun and no humidity and NO mosquitos. Olhao is just 15 minutes from the Airport of Faro but light years away from the cheap tourist destinations on the other side of Faro. We were welcomed by a bell boy who walked to our car and helped us with bags, then welcomed by lovely front desk staff, funny, warm, accommodating and professional. The hotel seemd quiet and the public spaces are a bit over-designed but there has been a clear intention to create some sort of a Eco-friendly feel, which worked out fine. We were show to our suite, which was absolutely stunning with 2 full bathrooms, wrap-around balcony gorgeous design-elements in fixtures, feutures and decoration. Needless to say we loved it. We orded a couple of bottles of Vino Verde from room service which were a bit pricey for the region but not bad when compared to other 5 star properties. The hotel is extremely quiet and the bedding is of fantastic quality, perfect for a good night sleep. The breakfast is served in the ground floor restaurant and was of high quality. Service was once again lovely. This is a relatively large hotel so things feel a bit standardized, but training has obviously been really good, because everywhere you go, the staff shows real interest and is really friendly. We had a dip in the gorgeous pool, which was empty when we were there and offers great views over the marina, bay and barrier reef islands. We returned after 10 days or so to this hotel and asked them to arrange a private boat tour for us. They work with a company called Natura and our trip was absolutely amazing, in a luxerious and fabulous boat with a super friendly captain. He brought us to the most amazing beaches, empty islands while serving champaign and fresh fruit. So much fun and reasonably priced as well. Certainly worth the money and the trip lasted for almost 4 hours. I think the boat could easily take up to 10 people. When we returned to the hotel for our second stay we were welcomed as friends. Although the design and decoration of this hotel is stunning, the staff just makes it Paradise. Thank you so much, I cant wait to return. Ps Olhao is the secret you only want to share with your very very best friends. It is amazing!"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2010

Excellent Hotel and Staff

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Newly opened hotel, although not all facilities were working the quality of the hotel and staff was excellent. I would definately stay again - Definately 5 star . Full Spa facilities available. Excellent Breakfast and Free wifi in the lobby.

Olhao has no beach but the hotel has 2 pools 1 inside and outside - It is largely unspoilt small Portuguese town with some fantastic seafood restaurants particularly capital de Marisco."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2010