About Tivoli Carvoeiro Algarve Resort

• paid internet
  • babysitting

Review of Tivoli Almansor in Carvoeiro

Reviewed Mon 24th of November 2008

"My partner and I visited Carvoeiro in September 2008. We are usually apprehensive about what hotels will be like without prior experience but the Tivoli Almansor hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel is in a beautiful spot right on the sea about 10-15 mins easy walk away from the centre of Carvoeiro. The walk to the centre is down a main well light road. The hotel is very peaceful and is incredibly relaxing through the day with fabulous views. There are plenty of walks along the cliffs for those who like walking. Some of the rooms in the hotel have the possibility of being noisy as there is live music in the bar each night, so make sure you ask for a room away from the bar and dining room. The breakfast in the hotel is a buffet with plenty of choice and is served until 10:30am.

Carvoeiro is a medium sized village with an abundance of restaurants and bars. It's not a lively place for mad all night drinking but there is plenty of nightlife to be sampled. There are plenty of restaurants and the food is lovely and very reasonable. There is lots of seafood here but as someone who isn't a fan of seafood there was loads more choice for me. Some restaurants are:
Restaurant O Patio - Near small beach in centre of Carvoeiro. Slightly expensive for what it is, although food was fine.
A Galeria - Half way down the main road between the hotel and the centre of Carvoeiro. Was busy and sevice was slow but food was very nice.
Villa Medici - Service was excellent and food was lovely. Good atmosphere, definetly recommended
A Lanterna Velha - Half way down the main road between hotel and Carvoeiro. Food was very very good here and the service was excellent. Very good value for money too.
Via Italia - Up a side road near the bottom of the hill. A good find, food was one of the best meals we had on our holiday. Slightly more expensive than other restaurants but well worth it.
Ele E Ela - restaurant just off the square at the bottom of the hill. Best restaurant in Carvoeiro by far. Gets very busy so go early or late or book in advance. Well worth a visit.
This holiday was supposed to be a relaxing and re-energising holiday for me and my partner and it worked out perfectly. I would recommend this hotel and this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing peaceful holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of November 2008

Wonderful hotel set in magnificent locat...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"Wonderful hotel set in magnificent location. Large, airy, spacious rooms with stunning views of both the pool and the beach.

Excellent breakfast buffet, evening buffet on the terrace was a little better than by the pool. Delicious and imaginative deserts every day!

Responsible and capable young people in charge of kids club - the children had a great time!

Lovely atmosphere in the hotel, friendly staff and good value - we will be back!

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Hotel was in an excellent area, a bit hi...

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2007

"Hotel was in an excellent area, a bit hilly, but we love walking.

We were bed and breakfast. The room was a sea view, absolutely brilliant waking up and looking out onto the sea.

Breakfast was buffet style - again excellent - you could eat as much as you want. After breakfast we always walked into town, a lovely array of shops.

Lots of eating places, at night my friend and I always ate at the Vimar Grill. Meals outstanding, staff so helpful and friendly. Later in the evenings we went back to the hotel, where there was always entertainment.

All in all a great holiday in a superb hotel and a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I would most certainly be back.

• Travel date: Fri 7th of December 2007

I looked at some reviews of this hotel b...

Reviewed Tue 17th of July 2007

"I looked at some reviews of this hotel before I went. Not expecting much but when I got there we were blown away. The people who gave bad reviews must have stayed in a different hotel, or they just like to moan.

I had no complaints for this hotel what so ever. It was fantastic; the night life wasn’t far if you wanted it. The village was 10 minute walk away, with plenty of restaurants to eat at. Car hire available from the hotel or some businesses in the town.

The beach was lovely, it was small and secluded by the cliffs either side with the houses on each side. It was beautiful the village was truly picturesque and very un-spoilt. The Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful you could always have a laugh and a joke with them, the pool side was immaculate and was nice and quiet, looking at the pool and the sea when your sunbathing it lovely, then you get the old pirates boat (that is a trip I went on) tooting his horn.

The choices of food were lovely, breakfast I ate so much. Omeletes and waffles cooked on order, toast, and cold meat, cooked breakfast anything you would want for breakfast, a buffet for dinner as we were half board, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I ate food I normally wouldn’t touch, and it was delicious!

Waiters always there to clear your table and help you, free complimentary champagne one night.

My room was cleaned everyday, the maids were very friendly. Even though the rooms were pretty standard I didn’t mind, all I was doing was sleeping in it. You don’t go on holiday to stay in there much. But it was comfortable enough, in fact I didn’t want to get out of bed because it was so comfy; watching gmtv in the mornings while I got ready was lovely. Although I do recommend you bring your own hair dryer if you have long hair…it takes a while.

I didn’t have a sea view but I didn’t mind, the view we had was over some hills which was lovely.

Overall I loved this hotel, I loved every minute, I've already booked for next march and I can’t wait I'm counting down the days already!

I would recommend it to anyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

Overall excellent value for money. Thoug...

Reviewed Wed 25th of October 2006

"Overall excellent value for money. Thought the hotel was very good. Excellent room overlooking the bay.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Buffet Breakfast provided good choice. 20 minute stroll into town but all roads and paths steep if you have any walking difficulties. Plentiful supply of taxis in town square if needed. We had a car which allowed us to visit other parts of the Algarve but public transport limited (Need to change in Lagoa (5km away if using bus).

Good choice of restaurants with reasonably varied menus in the village. Village still unspoiled."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

We thought the hotel was very good. Our...

Reviewed Sun 15th of October 2006

"We thought the hotel was very good. Our room was cleaned every day and clean sheets and towels were always provided.

The breakfast was a buffet style and there was always a good selection. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evenings as there was a very good selection of restaurants in the town.

If you get the chance visit Tom Simgelo, wine bar in the main street service is second to none, the most genuine and friendly person we met."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

Lots of unhappy holidaymakers

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We were not alone in our dispute with rep and reception staff
Long line of unhappy guests waiting for reps to appear
No one seemed bothered with our concerns
We will not be returning to this poorly run establishment ( which was very expensive )"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of February 2006

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Had a terrible time could not wait to get back home.
Staff did nothing to help
Management sadly lacking
Tired rooms no view barking dogs
Meals in basement bunker
Will not return"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

Grotty Bar - Grotty Hotel

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Hopelessly overpriced Hotel - rooms in need of updating - also management in need of updating - they only seemed to look after the Golfers!!!! Poor basement restaurant - Lovely country - go to the area - but dont use this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of December 2005

Great holidays i had in Tivoli Almansor....

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"In my first holidays in the Algarve i choose the Tivoli Almansor. I need a quiet place to rest with my husband and i got it. We stayed for a week and we had a wonderful holidays. The view from our room was very nice, the staff very friendly and the times we take our dinner in the Varanda Restaurant it was very good. If you go their seat at the end off the day at the Grotto Bar watching the sea, the seagulls and drinking something. It is superb..."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

Very nice holidays...

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Do you want a very nice and peaceful Hotel for a wonderfull holidays? You can be sure you got it in Tivoli Almansor. I was their with my family and we loved. The way the staff always welcomes us is great. The views to the sea superb. Great service. It is without dubt very good value for money. If you go their try the Tivoli Almansor Scuba Dive Centre.

We will return soon."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of December 2005

The best Golf vacations i had

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"I went with some friends in a golf holidays to Tivoli Almansor and i just can say good things about the experience. We took a golf package available at the hotel and it runs everything as expected and better ,we had to made some changes in the golf courses reservations and the golf desk of the hotel was superb.

The hotel staff is very professional and kind. We like very much the afternoons we spend at the Grotto Bar. What a view!!!

We are already considering to go their in our next year golf holiday.

Thank you Tivoli Almansor....."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of December 2005