Good

good hotel just little tired

Good
Reviewed Fri 22nd of June 2012

"my husband myself and another couple stayed at the Delfim hotel 31st may to 14th june 2012 the staff so heplful and friendy especially Jerome on reception who speaks really good english always ready to hepl. The dining room staff excellent and bedrooms spotlessly clean. We will agree its more 3/3half star as tired and food could have had more variety but always had enough to eat, we did eat out couple of times as we enjoy mixing with the local people as they are so welcoming. it was our first all inclusive and was not disapointed. IOt was fabulous for families as all drinks ice cream etc on tap all day, plus wines spirits and cocktails alvailable. It just needs alittle bit of T.L.C. to bring it up to 4 star standard as staff excellent. Val Bury Lancs"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2012

I would go again

Reviewed Fri 8th of October 2010

"I have just come back from the Delfim. I had a comfortable and relaxing stay. I would definately go again. The only small downside is the choice of food in the bufffet restuarant [which is pretty expensive too]. There are eating areas for lunch at a reasonable cost at the side of the pool. If you were staying full board there is a big chance of becoming bored with the selection. Breakfast has the usual continental and eggs/bacon. You are best getting to the resturant before 9.15am as it then becomes extremely busy and there are long queues to get in.

For 4euros there are taxis that can take you to the many restuarants in the town or on the harbour. Delicious fish on the harbour.

To sumerise.......great pool/bar area, lovely beach just a short stroll away, choice of bars with friendly staff, landscaped gardens, all rooms are clean and comfortable. "

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

Briliant

Reviewed Mon 25th of January 2010

"a great place! Have gone there for the past 20 years with my family. sad od the possibility of it closing"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of January 2010

Not a 4 Star

Reviewed Mon 27th of July 2009

"This was our 3rd visit to the Delfim and we would certainly return although for a 4* hotel we feel that the decor of our room requires updating. Such as :-bathroom grouting discoloured, Bathroom door damaged, Bedside table damaged - all minor points but not expected from a 4* hotel. The standard of cleanliness was excellent, our maid was very friendly, helpful and polite. The pool area was continually being cleaned and monitored by the staff and the facility of providing clean towels for use at the excellent beach(short walk through grounds) or pool area is a great idea. The hotel bar is a rip off with a small bottle of lemonade costing 2.50 Euros so we only had 1 drink there after a night out in the town. Again we had excellent meals at the Aldente (Sole Fillets), Phoenix for great English food at a reasonable price and the Mexican for their chicken Fajitas. Also there are numerous restaurants at the harbour providing great BBQ fish dishes. We are a fit couple and found the walk to and from Alvor center comfortable but I think most couples would find it too far, approx 20mins, taxi fare is 6 euros one way and a final comment would be tansfer time - Approx 2 hours as Alvor seems to be the final point on multiple pick ups."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

I love this hotel ...i lived here for 6...

Reviewed Tue 20th of May 2008

"I love this hotel ...i lived here for 6 months while i was a Thomas Cook rep and could not speak highly enough of it reception staff are so kind and any troubles you have they are always willing to help, entertainment team are great and so full of energy! the food is lovley with a wide varitey of food and the room was cleaned every other day, i love this place and everyone there, i will be going back to see all my old reps and to see the hotelstaff. great hotel. x"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel...

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2007

"Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the rooms were clean and we had a lovely view from the balcony. Just a few concerns you may like to know; don't try and use the lifts from 8.30 to around 9.30 as everyone is trying to go down for breakfast at that time, and if you're on one of the top floors, it's a long walk down! Also we found the fresh water pool dirty in August, hence my youngest son contracted the Giardia parasite we think from the pool and unfortunately still has it 3 months later (Nov 07)!

The hotel is on the top of the hill so it's fine for able bodied people to walk to the town and back, unfortunately, my eldest son has walking problems so it became expensive having to catch taxi's in and out of the town all the time. So if you have walking problems this hotel is probably not for you unless you're loaded! The food in the hotel to buy was not cheap either, but I suppose that's to be expected.

The plus side, you're right on the beach which was lovely and Alvor town is really pretty. "

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pestana...

Reviewed Tue 18th of September 2007

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pestana Delfim Hotel in Alvor for one week from the 26th July – 2nd August 2007 on a half-board basis.

Our room was fantastic. The room and the bathroom were very clean; both were very well designed and decorated. We each had our own sinks in the bathroom, and the bathtub/shower area even had its own fancy lighting.

Before our holiday, we contacted the hotel to request a room with a double bed as opposed to a room with twin beds, and thankfully the hotel did arrange this for us. The staff were very helpful. We did not arrange a room with a sea view but luckily we were on the 10th floor and we could still see the sea from our balcony.

We both enjoyed our breakfasts and dinners in the hotel. The menus are pretty similar day to day but the hotel provides a wide range of different foods each time. Unfortunately though, our half-board basis did not cover our drinks at dinner time.

The hotel has four lifts. However, two of the lifts are only accessible from the basement and the ground floor. So, the two other lifts were pretty crowded at breakfast time.

It was very hot during our stay in the Algarve, so we arranged to have a fridge put in our room at a fixed cost of just 15€.

The hotel provides a path that leads straight to the beach. However, sections of the path nearer to the beach are not paved down, and the path is quite steep. But the beach there is so beautiful. The beach stretched out so far, there is enough space for everyone.

There is also a good availability of taxis outside the hotel. So if you miss the bus to Portimao or don’t want to walk to the Alvor Village, taxis are always available to take you there.

During our stay in the Algarve, we went on two excursions arranged by Thomson.

Our flight back to London was late at night. The hotel provides a late checkout service, but charge 100€ for it. Luckily, the hotel also has a storage area behind the reception desk where suitcases can be stored.

We enjoyed our holiday and our stay in the hotel very much and would definitely stay in the hotel again. We recommend this hotel to families and couples. "

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pestana...

Reviewed Wed 12th of September 2007

The hotel provides a path that leads straight to the beach. However, sections of the path nearer to the beach are not paved down, and the path is quite steep. But the beach there is so beautiful. The beach stretched out so far so there is enough space for everyone.

The majority of the guests in the hotel were families and older couples, so nights were peaceful in the hotel. However, one night during our stay there, my boyfriend was kept up by the slamming of doors, but luckily I slept through it all. :)

The hotel also provides a courtesy bus to Portimao. The bus arrives at the hotel at 9:45am, and there are two times the bus brings guests back to the hotel. Portimao is a place where the locals do their shopping. There is a mixture of shops selling souvenirs, clothes, shoes, food, and household utensils. There is also a selection of different restaurants to choose from. There is also a local church, and a walk-through fountain, which many walked through to cool themselves down.

The Alvor Village is about 15-20 minutes walk from the hotel. The route to the village is simple with just one road leading straight to the village. However, part of the road has no pavement, and with no shade, it was hard walking up the road at such hot temperatures. Also, the road does not have any street lighting, so walking to the village in the evening is difficult. The Alvor Village has a wide selection of shops and restaurants. The majority of the shops are souvenir shops and the restaurants serve a mixture of Portuguese and English Foods. There is even one Indian Restaurant in the village.

During our stay in the Algarve, we went on two excursions arranged by Thomson. We first went to Zoomarine in Albufeira, where we saw sharks in an aquarium; and dolphins, seals, seal-lions, and birds performing in shows. There is also a swimming pool to cool out in. It was an enjoyable day-out and great for families. We also went on a 4x4 day trip to the mountains of Monchique. We experienced off-the-road driving and learnt about cork trees and the making of honey and firewater, and even got to sample the honey and firewater. For lunch we were taken to a restaurant to have the traditional “Piri-Piri Chicken”. It was also a great day out.

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

This was the third time we have stayed a...

Reviewed Wed 28th of March 2007

"This was the third time we have stayed at this hotel and yet again we thoroughly enjoyed it. The seaview rooms are lovely and spacious, the cleanliness excellent and they also have lovely bathrooms with mood lighting. The views from the balcony are great (especially from the 16th floor).

There have been 2 new lifts installed since last year and all four lifts were working.
The staff are helpful and friendly. The grounds of the hotel are spotless clean and the gardens very attractive.

The food is very good. There is always plenty of choice and if you don't like the menu you can always ask at reception for a voucher to eat in the Dom Joao Hotel (sister hotel), about a 5-10 minute walk away.

The hotel offers a courtesy bus to Portimao and reception has details of the times.
Alvor itself is still a typical fishing village with a lot of character and if you see any stray dogs they are usually extremely friendly (the friendliest dogs I have ever met, particularly a small cream dog called Sandy, who has been in Alvor for years).
For anyone who likes walking this area is great. Beach walks, cliff walks and walks up the river. We never use to return to the same resort, as there are so many places in the World to visit, however the Delfim Hotel and Alvor tick all our boxes and hopefully we will be back again soon.

• Travel date: Wed 28th of March 2007

Myself and my 2 yr old daughter went in...

Reviewed Fri 16th of February 2007

"Myself and my 2 yr old daughter went in December for a relaxing week to spend quality time together.

The Hotel catered for our every need. The bar staff would heat up her bottles every night without asking for payment. The staff are great with children.

Room was lovely and view was amazing. I would love to return in the summer and enjoy the pool area more as it was too cold to enjoy in December.

They had a playground and lovely green area for children to run about in also tennis courts and indoor play area.

After all this luxury I was expecting an indoor swimming pool but it was quiet small but all the same we enjoyed splashing about.

Can’t wait to return.

The food was lovely and the staff catered for my daughter, who ate weetabix with hot milk every morning. By the middle of the week the staff had it ready for us when we arrived down to the breakfast table!!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for o...

Reviewed Thu 13th of July 2006

"My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one week in July 06. Our first impressions of this hotel were very good and although we enjoyed our holiday there were a few minor problems we encountered.

As soon as we arrived at our room (reception staff and porter were very efficient) we heard the sound of the lift next door to our room. This was sometimes annoying especially in the middle of the night. As stated before only two of the 4 lifts were operational and by the sound of these soon no lifts will be working! With 16 floors obviously these were in great demand and often took a while to arrive.

We arrived near to the end of the dinner serving on our first night so didn't get the best choice of food but to be honest the overall standard/choice of food can only be described as average throughout our stay.

One tip we will give is don't drink in the Hotel bars! We wondered why they seemed so quiet and after going into Alvor one night we realised why. Hotel price - Large Beer & Vodka and Coke 9 euros 40! In Alvor the same drinks were between 5 & 7 euros!

Get a Taxi into Alvor (reasonably cheap) or walk. Plenty of bars in town and would recommend the main street up from life boat station and Michael's bar (near Taxi rank).

The general up keep of the hotel is good but we did get the "sewage smell" once or twice. The view was very nice from the room and the pool, gardens and beach were very nice although a concession on the sun loungers on the beach would have been nice (2 x sun loungers and sun shade 10 euros per day) The staff were all very helpful and all spoke good English.

Overall though we did enjoy our week of relaxation in the sun and would probably return to Alvor in the future.

• Travel date: Thu 13th of July 2006

Beautiful beaches

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We have just returned from 11 nights at the Pestana Delfim Hotel, Alvor, Portugal. We booked through Thomson - half board - cost just over £1200 for both my husband and myself.

The flight was quite cramped, and we hadn't prebooked seats, so were unable to sit together, but as the flight was only 2 1/2 hours quite bearable. We also didn't bother with food on the flight, we ate at the airport before we departed.

The transfer to the hotel was not too bad, it took just over the hour, luckily we were the third drop off. We were on the 7th floor, there are 15 floors in all. Our room was 716 which unfortunately was next to the lift, but didn't cause us to have any sleepless nights, as we left the AC on all night, which covered up any lift noises. For the duration of the stay only two out of the four lifts were working, which proved a little annoying especially at peak times, (breakfast and evening meal).

I haven't stayed in a half board hotel for quite some time, and was therefore very impressed by the food on offer. There was all the usual things for breakfast, fresh fruit (well normally only oranges and melon) the rest was tinned, yoghurts, cereal, cooked breakfasts, cheeses and hams, and croissants and pastries etc. The only thing that I didn't like was the tea, so I had to settle for Cappacinno's most mornings.

The evening meals were also very nice although, it was a bit "ground hog day" after the fourth night! I was very impressed at how many different ways they cooked potatoes, I never saw any chips on the menu. The deserts, which were laid out on a table titled "Temptation corner" were lovely, although they were not replenished. If you love your puddings, I would suggest that you eat early rather than later. Evening meal is from 7.30 till 9.30pm.

The only down side was that drinks were quite expensive in the hotel, a bottle of white wine (very nice & dry) called B.S.E was 15 euros in the hotel restaurant, 10 euros in most restaurants in the village, we actually saw it in a shop for 3.29 euros!!

The nicest thing without a doubt was the beach, if you wander down to the beach through the hotel grounds and turn left, there are the nicest little beaches I have ever been on. You do have to be aware of the times of the high tides as it would be quite easy to get cut off from the main beach. One of the other nice things was that you were given a towel card, which meant that you got a clean pool/beach towel every day to use.

We ate out three times, we went twice to a restaurant called Casa di Rio, which had a lovely view over the Alvor harbour, very reasonably priced. Fillet steak 13 euros.

The other evening, we went to the Marina at Portimao, and ate in a lovely restaurant called Dockside with fantastic views, the staff were truly wonderful, we had fish which was lovely although the vegetables that accompanied it were cold, due to the fact that they filleted the fish at the table.

All in all a lovely quaint place, nice hotel, would definately recomend it to you if you're considering Alvor at all."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Hotels near Pestana Delfim All Inclusive

Top traveller tips for Pestana Delfim All Inclusive

• meako by meako

"Great resort for eating and chilling "

• meako by meako

"Aldente, phoenix and Mexican "

• "Relaxing holiday with golf for the boys "

Pestana Delfim All Inclusive is also called