About Ria Park Garden Hotel

• shuttle bus service
  • hot tub
  • tennis court

Good

The hotel was very good although I would...

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2007

"The hotel was very good although I wouldn't agree with its 5 star rating it was what I would expect from a 4 star hotel. The rooms were large but basic, breakfast was fantastic, and the staff were always helpful.

Unfortunately the hotel was a taxi ride from most amenities although taxis are very friendly and cheap - but do agree the price first if you are travelling a distance. There are many golf courses nearby (I believe that Almancil is a large golfing region)

The weather was reasonable, if I were to re visit I would probably travel in July to get the most sunshine for my money.

If you enjoy sitting by the pool in a relaxed atmosphere I would definitely recommend."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

A bit boring really, not much to do and...

Reviewed Tue 31st of August 2004

"A bit boring really, not much to do and no evening entertainment. Views not up to much as sea too far away and across a pine forest which is not pretty at all. Hotel garden is plush but smaller than the impression given by the photos. Hotel is on a steepish incline so lots of steps. We had a de-luxe room but think that this means you get a pool view rather than the road and car-park.

Breakfast (buffet) is just ok but evening a-la-carte meals are special if you ignore the terrible vegetables (overcooked from frozen). Avoid the evening buffet and pay for half-board; an evening meal could cost you 60 euros each otherwise.

The wine list contains only Portuguese wines at prices that can make you wince.

A reasonable 4* hotel that has somehow got a 5* rating.

I suspect that they don’t get a lot of repeat business, so shop around for offers."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2004

Ria Park is a good hotel for families, a...

Good
Reviewed Sun 31st of August 2003

"Ria Park is a good hotel for families, and couples, but there is not much entertainment so not really suitable for a fun-packed holiday. The swimming pool is large and clean, and staff very friendly without being too "in your face". There's a tennis court which is shared with another hotel - we had no problem booking the court but I could imagine in the busy summer months (we went late September) it could be hard to book.

The food is nice - we stayed bed and breakfast, and the buffet style breakfast certainly is varied and good quality. We had one evening meal in the hotel which was very nice but I thought a bit too expensive.

The room we had was large and overlooked the pool with a decent size balcony. I think it would be worth paying extra for a room with a pool view as the other side of the hotel looks over a residential area.

The hotel is not really close to many bars, restaurants, though there are a few beach bars about 15 minute walk away. Vale de Lobo's bar and restaurant area is about 35 minute walk away.

Overall a nice hotel, good for a relaxing break."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2003