About Solmonte Apartments

• kitchenette

Rather surprised

Reviewed Mon 25th of June 2012

"When we first arrived we thought "oh no " afer laughing about how old the lift looked and how dated the room was we realised it was not that bad at all. The maids came every other day with clean towels and changed the beds and the appartment was well equipped with oven, kettle, toaster, microwave, although we were 2 single girls and did not stay in and cook !!..The shower was laughable but the room was so big and spacious. it was a 5 minute walk to the local spar, beach and the main strip and Tonis bar was spot on.. He was very genorous with free shots and was very entertaining. all in all we would defnitaly go back, the staff were all amazing, friendly and so helpful. If you want 5 star then book somewhere else, if you want value for money, clean close to beach and bars then book here its spot on."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2012

third world accomodation

Reviewed Thu 9th of June 2011

"first visit to portugal with my friend.....
we arrived on tuesday left on wednesday the next day, it was like being in the centre of high rise council estate with building half completed smashed windows graffiti everywhere. this what not as discribed by teletext holidays!!! the hotel was the most disgusing place ive ever stayed in, emergency furniture fusty old rooms dodgy electrics, lifts not working, beds old with tatty sheets, towels i would use to clean the dogs feet!! after you ve seen the hotel u have the pleasure of the small pool situated right next to the dual carriage way which u have to cross to walk to the beach, through more highrises, unfinished and geatly vanderlized. this is not a three star hotel i wouldnt give it one star, i feel very sorry for the people who have booked this resort already or who ever get miss sold this hotel and resort. i have never hated somewhere so much as to pay for a flight home.i will be seeking full compensation as this was totally mis sold to us.........u ve been warned !! "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2011

clean, cheap, good location

Reviewed Thu 12th of May 2011

"came back yesterday after staying a week in the solomonte, very basic rooms in need of an update but clean and tidy, spent most nights in bar sol just under the hotel, the bar man Rudy is very friendly and helpful he even played pool with us and makes you feel very welcome. I would definately go to the solomonte again."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2011

Worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of January 2011

"My husband and I have just returned from this holiday nightmare. The apartments are basic and dated but were also filthy. We only had a change of towels once during the week and the bed were not changed at all. I have been many places and have never witnessed anything so poor in all my life!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of January 2011

Great Value Great Fun

Reviewed Thu 21st of October 2010

"We have been to praia da rocha 4 times now staying at 4 different apartments and I can honestly say that the solmonte
is great value for money, the age average for here is 30 onwards a mixture of Scots, Welsh and mostly Irish and everyone got on so well Tonis bar is some of the best craic ever his food is 100% his drink is so cheap a happy hour every day from 5pm to 9pm a special mention to Pedro his waiter a nice freindly pair the both of them, the apartment has all you require ''its not the hilton hotel'' but my wife and I loved it so much we have booked a week away again this year, you are located 10 mins walk away from the beach,shops,restaurants, etc, the pools at solmonte are very good, a shop is also situated at the front of reception try for yourselves, we thought it was great......"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2010

stay at the Solmonte

Reviewed Mon 24th of August 2009

"We have just got back from a week in this hotel and i would honestly say that this isn't worth a three star rating. The rooms were dirty, the plugs were hanging off the wall,the bathroom tap was hanging off and there was a man made shower where you have to hold it yourself. The pool was filthy they only clean it 3 times a week and every tom,dick and harry come to the Solmonte to use the pool and facilities when they are not even staying there. The hotel is siutated in a great location (NOT) right next to a very very busy and noisy dual carriageway where traffic travels all through the night. I would describe this resort as BLACKPOOL. We found that the resort was very dirty and there was quite alot of building work going on. However the beach was fabulous and there were some great eating and drinking places. Toni's Bar at the Solmonte was brillant the food and drink was good and cheap and Toni the owner was a real star and made the week for us. Please be aware that from July to End of August the Resort is completley taken over by Portuguese coming from the NORTH the beaches are full and the hotels are also full. There were very other tourists. This hotel is in desperate need of a refurbishment and in my opinion is only really a 2 star if that."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of August 2009

brill

Reviewed Tue 4th of August 2009

"just returned today from solmonte apts ...absoloutly brill after reading some of the reviews was a bit apprehensive but it was all good .... yes the furniture is a bit dated but your only stayin there week /2 week not living there it was clean ...maid everyday towels changed regularly just had to ask for a kettle and it was there pool and area clean plenty of sunbeds tony very helpful gave us milk water and teabgas as we arrived late ..thanx tony all staff very polite and helpful this was a late booking for us booked fri went sun and couldnt have wished for better not far to walk to beach and shops/cafes them steps to beach are a killer lol and do call in kathys cafe for breakfast /coffee as her sign says her coffee hits the spot best ive ever tasted and for evening meals cant beat claires bar ..food is amazing all fresh cooked ..so be prepared to wait but the wait is worth it you wont regret it ...our first time in portugal /praia da rocha but wont be our last already looking for next year "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of August 2009

A Pleasure to Stay

Reviewed Sun 29th of March 2009

"This is the third time my partner and I have stayed at the Solmonte, and I have to say what a pleasure it is to stay there. The staff, including the Manager, Mario, are always friendly and helpful, and Rudy always looks after us at the bar in the evenings.
I have read so may adverse reports about the Solmonte, and I just cannot see where these people are coming from. I agree that Rudy can be a kittle off hand with people, but only when they are messing him about and giving him an unnecessary hard time, as, unfortunately, a lot of Brits seem to do.

the Portuguese people are extremely friendly and helpful, wherever we go in the Algarve, and especially in places off the beaten track, which we like to visit. those that think they are unfriendly should try to learn a few Portugese phrases, and use them. Unfortunately, most Brits expect everybody to speak English.

The food is always fresh and good value, if you go to local restaurants and not Pizza Hut of Macdonalds. Stay away from the British run restaurants, and try the local cuisine.

We have been travelling to the Algarve regularly, for the past 6 years, and the only bad experience we have had, was when we had accomodation allocated on arrival, with Airtours. We have never been with them since."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of March 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed in Praia da Ro...

Reviewed Wed 27th of August 2008

"My boyfriend and I stayed in Praia da Rocha for 1 week - we had a BRILLIANT time. The staff were very helpful and Rudy at the bar is the nicest man you can meet, he makes you feel very welcome.

We stayed in a studio and it was very spacious and clean, we had a nice view from the balcony. The maid came in three times to hand towels and changed bed linen once.

The dual carriageway is not as bad as others make out - some people are just too grumpy! It only gets a more busy around midnight especially on a friday and saturday.

Another thing is the lifts, they can only take four people at a time so sometimes there is a queue.

All in all, i would definetly go back as its only 5 mins away from the beach and bars/restaurants and there is some lovely shops! xx

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in Praia da Ro...

Reviewed Wed 27th of August 2008

"My boyfriend and I stayed in Praia da Rocha for 1 week - we had a BRILLIANT time. The staff were very friendly and helpful and Rudy at the bar is the nicest man you can meet! He makes you feel very welcome.

We stayed in a studio and it was very spacious and clean, we had a nice view from our balcony too. The maid came in about 3 times to hand in towels and changed the bed linen once.

The dual carriageway is not as bad as others make out - some people are just too grumpy!! It only gets a bit more busy around midnight especially on a Friday or Saturday.

All in all, i would definetly go back as it's only a 5 min walk to the beach and bars/restaurants and there is some lovely shops!!! xx

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

Very disapointing

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"When I booked our holiday to Praia De Rocha I searched the net for info about the Solmonte Apts and found very little. I read the comments made on here and thought I more or less knew what to expect. We paid £1800 for a 2 bedroom apt which was rated 2/3 star. We aren't fussy people at all and all we wanted was somewhere clean and spacious to keep our stuff and put our heads down at night. I'm afraid to say the 2/3 star we paid for was more like a 1 star. Yes the room is spacious enough but it is very outdated with furniture that has seen better days and it wasn't very clean. We had problems like our mattress was stained with urine, our daughters bed was held together by string, electric sockets hanging out the wall (great for our 22 month toddler!!)toilet seat hanging off. Kitchen area has a decent sized fridge a couple of pots, plates and utensils but no oven or grill. Balcony hadn't been cleaned and had one shabby plastic chair and table. The safety railing wasn't very high and as soon as my toddler saw it he managed to get his knees up onto the wall area!! Needless to say the safety shutter was down for the rest of the holiday! It shouldn't have been an issue as a low floor room was requested by the travel agent due to my being disabled and having a toddler. However when we arrived we were put on the 5th floor despite it being in the hotel special requests that we requested a low floor room (ie 1st or 2nd) We also requested a quiet area of the hotel but as we had been told there isn't any entertainment in the hotel we didn't think it would be an issue. Wrong! Karaoke every 2nd night that didnt even start till 10pm. Maid service was every 2 or 3 days but they did very little. Our bathroom wasn't cleaned for the whole fortnight we were there and the floor was given a quick lick and a promise rather than a good wash. I actually had to keep the apartment clean and with 5 people and not even a decent floor brush, that is pretty hard! We had a couple of 20 something girls in the room next to us that thought it was funny to come in drunk at 4am stomping up the tiles in stilettos and blasting their music which woke our son several times. Revellers coming out of Tony or Rudy's bar or the idiots from the hotel opposite out on their balconies singing at 5am didnt help us get much sleep either. Heh we know your on holiday to have fun. That's great but we have to sleep you know!!!! Staff at Solmonte are extremely friendly and helpful so that made it a bit better!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2008

I stayed here with my mum sisters and gr...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2008

"I stayed here with my mum sisters and grandparents for two weeks.

as i was only 16 my little sister was 14 and my older sister was 21 we all had different idea off what we expected from the holiday and i must it it catered for us all!! at the moment me and my older sister are in the process off booking again.

My only down fall was the manager who was a bloody nark if u walked through reception with a towel after swimming but in all fairness i would recoment here for anyone off all ages.

its idea for older people who want a relaxing holiday as their is not much night life in the appartments. And 18+ ideal as its a 5min walk from the strip and its not short off pubs or clubs their. for the younger 1s its a 5min walk from the beach or a bus ride to the water park which i would recomend one off the best days off my holiday! (dont panik mums pleanty off life guards)

All in all i would recoment this to everyone everyones friendly and the bar down stairs is gr8 although theirs 2 i found tonys to be more for the football and not so much holiday atmosfeir

sorry for any bad spelling as i suffer from a learning difficulty "

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

Hotels near Solmonte Apartments

Top traveller tips for Solmonte Apartments

• hayley by hayley

"loads of places to eat within walking distance and all good prices "

• icky by icky

"Toni's Bar in the Solmonte Hotel "

• Mikerobe by Mikerobe

"Favourite restaurant the Bravo in Albufeira old town and La Terraca in Praia da Rocha "

• Lorretta S by Lorretta S

"Try tonis bar he will make you most welcome and has music for all tastes. "

Solmonte Apartments is also called