Good

Worst hotel ever stayed at

Reviewed Fri 27th of May 2016

"This is the noisiest hotel from stag and hen parties also inconsiderate golfers. The website states family hotel no hen or stag parties allowed. The food was diabolical lived on soup and chips as most dishes where under cooked and inedible. Disgrace all inclusive for children as could only have small tubs of ice cream had to pay for ice lollies and crisps. Not enough entertainment for children. Premier rooms got nothing extra only a bottle of water which we had to ask for. No slippers no complimentary newspapers and definitely no VIP service on arrival. All of this stated on website. And they don't tell you you have to pay 3 euros for a swimming cap for the indoor pool or that it is the most expensive safety deposit box ever 37euros plus 25euros deposit. You have to hire kettles so take your own. The bank down to the main road is treacherous because of missing tiles on pavements and massive tree stumps in the middle of them ( quite a few ) the steep walk back is even harder"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of May 2016

Worst holiday ever in this hotel

Reviewed Tue 31st of March 2015

"My husband and I went for one week to this hotel it was the pits I had food poisoning as about 20 percent off other people in the hotel were sick the food was disgusting and we are not fussy eaters We would not go back to this hotel if you payed us it is very dated needs a face lift as well We did not think it was worth 4 stars.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of March 2015

room for imrovement

Reviewed Wed 29th of October 2014

"We were all inclusive here ,was fine for adults food and drink,kids choice was poor fish fingers nuggets thick pizza slices not great,juice watery,thank god for jam bread and chips,pasta and the supermarket down the road,we got kids yogurt and proper juice and treats there.Some staff need to cop on and cheer up bruno was lovely and a happy lad to serve customers nothing was a problem for him unlike some of the others too lazy to work half the time.Beds hard as nails,carpets in room need cleaning,in saying that the maids were great for cleaning and were friendly.Entertainment okay the kids crap too loud and same boring disco for them every nite my 4 yr old wanted to go to bed 5 mins into it starting,quiet happy to watch dvd in room til 11.overall the holiday was good but we wont stay there again,over rated hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2014

beanbags and cold beer!

Reviewed Fri 26th of April 2013

"I went here with my mate,so two single guys in late thirties, I really enjoyed many aspects of this hotel and indeed the area. The service was good and staff generally freindly and attentive. The location was good for us inbetween old and new town, the old town is much better for anyone over about 25 or with children. We went to the new town, (strip) one night, but is simply a massive street with clubs and bars, not for us.
The old town had loads of bars and resteraunts too along with street entertainment and so forth and has a much nicer, lively but chilled and family freindly vibe. The hotel runs a free bus a few times a day to and from old town, where the beach is, or it's a few euro in a taxi or as we did a ten minute walk each way.

The hotel itself was great, breakfast fine, what you expect, free teas, coffee, juice etc, we were only b&b so cant comment on dinner. If youre not all inclusive, its about 2.50 for a nice cold beer. There is a great grass area round the back, which myself and others of different nationalities and ages played football together, which was really enjoyable and a good way of interacting with other guests, we made a few good pals young and old,though I did play a few times with a hangover, (not always a good idea). The pool is more than adequate and some games are arranged for kids and adults along with sjoelen, (not sure of spelling) its a poolside game on a wooden board with holes, good fun if like me you get fed up lying in sun for hours. One of the main draws of this hotel is, if you want to just chill and read a book or whatever, there is a grass area up off the pool, with what can only be described as giant beanbags, which are so comfy, so you can chill there or go down by pool for a dip, or round the back for football or volleyball. As you can guess I liked many things about this hotel and will deffo be back in the next year or so.

Thanks

Stephen"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of April 2013

The Faulty Towers of the Algarve

Reviewed Mon 13th of September 2010

"A proper review would take pages and pages.
Enough just to warn you - PLEASE do not book this hotel.
There are many other hotels in Albufeira - choose one of these and do yourself a favour !"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

fantastic

Reviewed Thu 30th of July 2009

"myself,husband,daughter and her friend stayed at the real bella vista from the 16/26/07/09 we had a lovely time there was plenty to do.the rooms were lovely the hotel in general was very clean staff were lovely the only thing to let it down were the two older bar men they liked to talk to each other over you!out and aout - the old town is great if you want a nice meal the strip is for the night life,theres a great bar 2 min walk from hotel were you can get a great meal and the lunch time bar man was great very friendly!!over all we had a great holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of July 2009

I have just came back from the Real Bell...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"I have just came back from the Real Bellavista with my wife and friends. We found the hotel very very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. Nothing seemed to be a problem for them to make your stay in the hotel and indeed the Algarve more comfortable. I asked the reception for several bits of info/help and they were always more than happy to help. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection to choose from while catering for a diverse range of tastes, not just British. If you are looking for sausage bacon and eggs every morning then this is not the hotel for you!!! We only dined once in the evening, it was nice but not what I expected but it was only one night so I feel I can't really give a fair review on the evening meals. The hotel is a good walk away from The Strip and Old Town, okay to walk from the hotel as its downhill but not so good on the way back. There is a hotel bus service which runs at set times during the day and early evening. If you plan to use this service be there about 15/20 mins before the stated departure time as it is busy and there are only 27 seats with no standing and they do not do extra runs. If you do miss the bus then the reception are more than happy to call a taxi for you. It costs about 4 euros to the old town or strip. The swimming pool is small but seems to be just right for the hotel, it is a place to relax and chill out, not for wild parties or late night exploits. The evening entertainment is quite poor but if you are looking to enjoy a quite drink and unwind then it is ideal. On the downside beds were not the best but this is down to preference so I will not dwell on this (I found them very firm) and the bar was quite expensive, not just for drinks but snacks/tea/coffee, but speaking with other people and looking at reviews from other hotels this seems to be the norm. Overall the stay was very nice and relaxing. This is not a hotel for youngsters looking to party as you will soon find yourself looking for an alternative hotel! For people with young families or couples young and old looking to relax and unwind then this hotel is for you. Just remember it is on the top of a hill."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

I don't deny the hotel is nice, the loca...

Reviewed Fri 18th of July 2008

"I don't deny the hotel is nice, the location is ok only if you are prepared to walk everywhere! The streets are not paved like here at home, they are cobbled and made of some sort of marble which is extremely slippery and dangerous, we all nearly went over on more than one occasion!! They do supply a courtesy bus, but its a joke. The hotel has 190+ rooms, but the bus only holds 27 people, it is almost impossible to get a seat on the bus, they only make one trip and believe it or not, the last pick up is 8.30pm, YES..8.30pm!!!! It's ridiculous! The walk to the town and the beach is exhausting, so if you are prepared to walk, then good luck to you! The food in the hotel was expensive and a bit weird. Lots of stuff we had never heard of, or liked the look of. Whatever you do, DON'T USE THE HOTEL PHONE, it is daylight robbery! My daughter made a 10 minute call to her boyfriend and it cost 37 euro's. I'm sure the "Mark up" is more than 200% it was outrageous! The reception staff were rude. Whenever you approached them it was almost like you were interupting something, they looked down their nose at you and there was little if no eye contact at all, I could honestly say they all needed desperate customer service training. The rest of the staff were lovely and the hotel was very clean, although be careful, the maid actually forgot to relock our patio doors one day!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

Hotel lovely, immaculate. Staff very fri...

Reviewed Sat 8th of September 2007

"Hotel lovely, immaculate. Staff very friendly. Hotel is situated in between old town and the strip where there are lots of bars and restaurants. 15 minute walk either way. Not many bars directly near hotel. Courtesy bus runs at various times during day and early evening.

Steep steps down to old town from bus drop off. However you can walk an alternative route.

Very good selection of food. Towels are available free from spa to use around pool. The only down side is the entertainment. Not a lot going on in evening. Few activities during day. But if you just want to chill, its perfect.

There's a bureau de change in the small shopping mall, Modelo's nearby. Commission free.
Poolside bar is a bit on the expensive side for drinks (cans) but there is a supermarket (pingo doce) just down the road. (they're much cheaper).

Stayed at the real Bella vista this year and last and loved it."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

This hotel is amazing. The hotel rooms...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"This hotel is amazing. The hotel rooms are big and very cool, even without the air conditioning on. The staff were lovely and were very friendly. Also the food was brilliant, there was a wide selection and it was like eating out in a 5 star restaurant every night.

One thing I will say is that the entertainment in the evenings was not very exciting. The only thing we did find difficult is that you are not allowed to flag down taxi's in Portugal which made it very difficult to get back from the town centre. You had to queue for ages, we gave up and walked it, however it is a very hard walk from the old town to the hotel. The best way to get around would be the little train that goes round the entire town for 2 euros.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, it has everything that you need. Our room was cleaned every day and new towels provided every day too. The spa was really good value for money too. There was a lack of sun beds but there is a grassed area which you can lay on. You can also use towels from the spa for free all day.

I would go back in here.

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Would definitely return

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed at the 4* Real Hotel Bella Vista from 10 to 24 June 07 on a B&B basis and thoroughly enjoyed it. Normally I stay in apartments and until now would never have thought of a hotel but my view has definitely changed. Highlights were the extensive breakfast, free shuttle bus, cleanliness, friendliness of staff especially those in the breakfast room and bar, available beds at the pool (though dont know what Jul/Aug would be like). Staff at hotel were pro-active in providing events both during the day and night time (music in lounge or theme nights in restaurant), check the itinerary of events situated at reception.

On the down side there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room so you may want to bring a travel kettle. There is no fridge as standard either but I think this can be arranged at reception at a cost. The food in the snack bar at the pool was a bit on the expensive side for what was received. Internet usage was 5 euros, not sure how long for, but some guests felt that as a 4* hotel, internet access should have been provided free of charge.

The weather wasnt great for about four/five days in the first week. Obviously thats not the hotels problem so I was able to use the spa for a few treatments (10% discount) and if you're a sports fan there are extensive gym and sport facilities. We were still able to go for walks as its only approx 15/20 mins into the old town but its a bit of a hill on way back.

An extremely poor service experience at a restaurant in the Old town square made us check out the restaurants off the main streets. Fabios close to the Town Hall was excellent, it also has another sister restaurant nearby.... good food and good prices. If you're out and about at nighttime a standard taxi fare from both the old and new town is approximately 4 euros so pretty reasonable.

All in all I had a really relaxing holiday at the Real Bellavista and would definitely recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Very clean but lacked warmth

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Spent 5 nights in this hotel from 10th June till the 15th. Very clean hotel and very efficient reception staff but it generally lacked any warmth or friendliness. If you happen to be a horse lover then dont stay there as there is a very lonely hungry looking horse tied up in the waste land beside the hotel, which I personally found quite distressing. Its obviously a gypsy horse but there was no sign of anyone coming near it the entire time we were there. Please feed it and make sure it has water if you happen to like horses. It is very gentle.

The hotel is in a nice area and its a gentle 15 minute walk down to the main town."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Hotels near Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa

Top traveller tips for Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa

• holidaybear by holidaybear

"The big bean bags on the grass are great to melt in to! "

Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa is also called