Good
Good

Nightmare ! Thanks to Owner of Apt 105

Reviewed Mon 3rd of August 2009

"Just returned from these privately owned apartments. I booked through holidaylets no. PA9028

The owner demands a £250 deposit 8 weeks prior to your booking and this is cashed immediately, very unusal in my past experience with private bookings. It means your £250 is in their bank account for approx 3 months.....or longer as it turns out !

The complex itself is lovely along with the hotel on the same site, however I cannot recommend apartment 105. It's advertised for 6 people, 1 twin bedroom, 1 room with bunk beds and a bed settee. The bunk beds are wholly unsuitable for children as they're situated not in a bedroom but a cupboard ! They're almost touching the ceiling they're so high and there is NO guard rail, therefore a potential 8ft drop to the tiled floor.

The soft furnishings have all seen better days and are very dirty, along with the entire apartment really. We made a list of 16 faulty items, these included a very unsafe handrail at the top of the stairs which is hanging off the wall. Main socket in kitchen hanging out of the wall with bare live wires. And there were 9 bulbs missing throughout the apartment, despite advising the owner as soon as we arrived they did nothing so we had to buy 6 packs to replace them all just to be able to see at night !

Despite the ad stating a cleaner would visit 2 or 3 times a week to clean and change towels & bedding this never happened once during our stay and we washed & cleaned the apartment & everything ourselves mid week.

I informed the owner of all the faults during and after our stay by way of an email and texts and advised him in good faith that we didn't think he was getting the service he paid for from his cleaners or maintenance company, as a favour to him and his wife. I then find myself £250 out of pocket as the owner has witheld our deposit to carry out the reported repairs !!!!!! And we find ourselves going to the small claims court to have our money returned.....a very sad and poor end to what was a fabulous holiday.

Can't recommend the complex enough but give apartment 105 block 16 a very wide berth. There are far, far nicer apartments to rent on the complex via the internet and far more honest owners I'm sure.

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009

Young Couple

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 10 days the apartment was really roomy cleaned everyday. The only thing let it down was that the sheets were not changed the whole time even with leaving the 'please make up room' sign on the door.

The area was ideal nice and quiet but close enough to all the bars an places to eat! Try Lara's Place for fish and chips!

If you are thinking of booking these apartments just do it should the right deal come up we are heading back at the end of the summer!!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

Disappointing Apartments

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"Just back from two weeks in May 2009. We stayed in a one bed apartment. It was very spacious, but requires to be brought into the 21st. century. We booked an apartment with sea view and non-smoking. We got a dark groundfloor apartment that required the lights to be switched on during the day, and smoking was permitted. It is advertised as being 100 mtrs from the beach. It is a good 500 mtrs to the beach. You can hear every little noise from all the other apartments in the block. Towels were not changed daily and you would have to go looking for them. Beds were not made regulary either. These apartments are a poor three star and not four star as advertised. There was no nightly entertainment as advertised. All staff that we dealt with were very helpful. We were disappointed and could not recommend these apartments."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

Bed turned out to be a setee and a camp...

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2008

"Bed turned out to be a setee and a camp bed pushed together. Very poor apartment and when we complained we were told "It has a mattress Yes?" "Then it is a bed". No upgrade or any apology or any effort made to make it more comfortable.Bed never changed at all and we were there for ten nights!!! Will go back to Albufeira but not to that particular dive!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

We had an absolutely fantastic time. Alt...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"We had an absolutely fantastic time. Although it was the last week of the season all the shops and restraunts were still open. We were very close to the beach. "The Strip" was just a few minutes walk away. Glorious weather. Great locals.

The room was superb. Very clean.

We had a stunning sunset on the second day of our holiday. So my girlfriend and I went for a walk down to the beach cafe. We climbed some mounds near by to get a better view. This is where I proposed to her.

Not bad for my first holiday abroad!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment (...

Reviewed Mon 17th of March 2008

"We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment (family of four) here in September 2007 and have to say were more than happy with our apartment.

It was modern, clean, bright, and spacious, placed in a quiet area so if you want to sleep at night (or catch up on your sleep of a day after your hectic night! ) you can with no problems.

Ideally situated right by the beach, and also for the bars and restaurants of Santa Eulalia, these apartments are only a 10 minute walk from the famous *Strip* too.

Public transport stopped just outside on the main road, and taxi's go by on a regular basis, so getting a taxi was never much of a problem.

It's also handy because there is a large supermarket a few hundred meters away for all your self catering needs - no having to walk for miles in the heat with bags of shopping, or pay out on taxi's to get your stuff home.

We just used the supermarket to buy mainly drinks and snacks for the apartment, as we were spoilt for choice for places to eat.

(Although we did start and end each day at EDDY'S BAR opposite where we all enjoyed lovely freshly cooked breakfasts in the morning, and a fabulous, friendly atmosphere of an evening. This was always our last port of call on the way home.)

The pool and pool area is totally private - available only to the people staying in Quinta Petra Dos Bicos, very well maintained and beautifully presented.

There were ample sunbeds when we stayed there, and the trees provided shade should it be required.

The small play area was ideal for little children, and the lawned area another ideal spot for children and adults alike.

The poolside cafe sells reasonably prices drinks and delicious snacks all day, and service is provided by some very pleasant and friendly staff.

But depending on where your apartment is, depends on how far you have to walk to the pool area.

We had a 3-5 minute walk which was fine - until someone wanted something from the apartment etc.. which is when it became a bit of a pain.

(In fact, this is the only reason I have rated these apartments 9/10 and not 10/10.)

The Hotel Oura Praia is opposite, where people are welcome to join the residents in the bar for evening entertainment, and from which runs a free bus you can get to *Algarve Shopping* each week.

We only went into the hotel once, not because it wasn't any good - it was.

it was just there is so much to do in the area, we didn't get chance to go there again.

We have holidayed in Albufeira many times, but I have to say these are the best apartments we have stayed in. So much so, we have booked to go back there this year. (2008) "

• Travel date: Mon 17th of March 2008

Just returned from these apartments and...

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2007

"Just returned from these apartments and was not disappointed. I travelled with 8 other people and had a fantastic time. Our ages ranged from 14 - 65 and there was something for all of us to be happy! These apartments are about 5 minutes away from the strip which isn’t tacky like some people have described it. There are some really lovely restaurants, especially Nosolo Italia which I highly recommend especially for puddings they are fantastic!

The pool area was lovely and so was Chico (the guy in the snack bar) always happy to chat to you. The lady in reception was a bit grumpy when we arrived but she seemed ok as the week went on! We had fantastic weather but there were a lot of flies!

There’s an english chippy called Laras across the road where we went for breakfast every morning, fantastic breakfast and really friendly in there! There’s also a Chinese just off the roundabout by the hotel which served delicious food! There are a few restaurants just round the corner, but I would recommend going to the strip rather than there. We went to one there and it was awful, first we waited about an hour to be given our starters then some had hair in or really salty or it was raw! Can’t remember the name of it though!

Anyway, I would definitely recommend these apartments as they are fantastic value for money and the rooms are huge.

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

My partner and I stayed here last week,...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of April 2007

"My partner and I stayed here last week, we had booked a studio but on arrival we were told that they had upgraded us to a bigger studio for free. When we arrived at our apartment (which should no way be called a studio) it was huge.

We had 2 massive bedrooms, a large bathroom and a smaller bathroom, a good sized lounge with a sofa and a sofa bed and a huge kitchen with tables and chairs and loads of clean cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils and pots and pans. We had 2 balconies (one overlooking the beach/sea and one overlooking the pool. We were ecstatic!

The pool area was very pretty and secluded and the beach a 5 minute walk away, although this is down a steep hill and stairs and would not be suitable for less able bodied / the elderly. The beach was gorgeous and quite private with lots of hidden alcoves to sunbathe in.

The apartment was local to some fabulous restaurants and a good few bars nearby, the strip which we found a bit too boozy and busy is a 5 minute walk and the 'Old town' was a 15 minute walk away.

I would recommend this holiday definitely to couples, families and older groups of friends but beware of the timeshare guys they are everywhere and very persistent.
A much enjoyed holiday and we will be returning again soon with our extended families.

There is certainly enough room for 6 in a 2bed apt. All for £135pp through Expedia. My only complaints would be that although the towels are changed each day, the bedding is only changed once a week which is a bit urgh. Also you will need to pay a €20 deposit for your remote control but reception is only open between 10am - 6pm so if you have an early or late flight you will need to return it well in advance.

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

This is our best holiday yet. We stayed...

Reviewed Thu 31st of August 2006

"This is our best holiday yet. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The people were very friendly- especially the people in reception! The apartments were very clean as the maid came in 6 days a week!

There were plenty of places to eat out and many shops! It was lovely weather and a lovely breeze! Couldn’t fault anything. Added bonus was FREE air-conditioning in the lounge and the bedroom which we weren’t told about! 10/10! x

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

BRILLIANT

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed in the apartments at the end of June for 9 nights, it was the best holiday ive every had i loved it there. The apartments were clean and the kitchen was excellent. I want to say aswell the staff were so firendly and helpful. We were in a ground floor studio apartment and it was perfect for the two of us, the air con was great and came in very useful. Sports bar just near the entrance of the complex was great for watching all the footy and there's a cafe a few doors to the left called baco bar, the food was outstanding the full english was great and very reasonable price. We booked through expedia and cost £280 for 9 nights inc flights such a brill deal, i will be going back again next year!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Lovely

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I have just returned from a two week stay in these apartments, there were 7 of us in our party, our apartment was on the ground floor and was brilliant, we had french doors opening out onto a little grass area which was perfect for the kids to play on, the kitchen was very big and had a good supply of utensils, we had 2 full bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a huge sitting room which also had 2 single beds and 3 couch beds, the apartments were very well cleaned and we had good supply of towels every second day and if we needed extra the cleaner was more than happy to give us them if requested. The pool area was really good, plenty of sunbeds, lovely snack bar and clean toilets. We stayed in Lot 14. The only problem with these apartments is that there should be a 24hr reception, the evening before we left we had no hot water and were unable to contact managment about it. If u are looking for good family apartments then i would recommend staying here."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Not Good

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I agree with the previous review there are some bad rooms at these apartments. If you like a balcony or a terrace then make sure you request this as most rooms DO NOT come with this. There were 9 people in our group with 5 rooms and not one of us got a decent room, myself and another couple changed rooms part way through the holiday to a balcony apartment as in most rooms all you can do is look out of a little window of your room on the top floor and the bottom floor. If you like a nice bed beware they are uncomfortable with hard pillows and most of the beds are just sofa's, if you are tall chances are your feet will just hang out of the bottom. The rooms did not seem to get cleaned very often and the bathrooms are very small. I did like the pool area as their was always enough sunbeds you did not have to go and put your towels down and also it is very close to everything you need. But if you think you are going to a 4* think again, it was 3* at best. There is also a massive building project going on next to it and in my first room I could here banging and clashing from 7am."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

Hotels near Quinta Pedra dos Bicos

Top traveller tips for Quinta Pedra dos Bicos

• timk by timk

"Albufeira is well worth a visit "

• brock by brock

"ZOOMARINE is a must!! "

• **Angel** by **Angel**

"Fabulous beaches, fabulous nightlife, fabulous restaurants "

• **Angel** by **Angel**

"Waterpark, American Diner "

Quinta Pedra dos Bicos is also called