Pool by night

• kids meals
  • soundproof rooms
  • bicycle rental
  • kitchenware
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • pool beach towels
  • spanish amenities
  • hot tub
  • complimentary toiletries
  • iron
  • clothes rack
  • portuguese amenities

Good

Lovely holiday shame we couldn't take our own drinks and food to pool area

Reviewed 13th August 2012

"Ideal location short walk to beach, close to strip and old town too. Pool lovely and beds available all day long,although very annoying that you can't take your own food and drink down even when it's self catering! Staff in hotel very friendly, rooms cleaned well although they are a little dated. No English children for my girls to play with which was a little disappointing . Lovely holiday will return to albufeira next year but gonna try forte do vale up the road looks gorgeous "

• Travel date: 13th August 2012

dont go there

Reviewed 21st June 2011

"where do i start,went to this hotel going by the reviews on here,people saying its lovely,i was shocked when we got there,it was dead only ever 1 person around if you needed help,got to our room i was gutted but thought make most of it,there was me and my husband and 2 kids,we had to sleep in single beds all wk,the pull out bed was shocking,the rooms were dirty,had to ask for toilet roll everyday,cleaners came twice and just made the beds,we had electric shock off the lock on door due 2 faulty electrics,rooms were just awful and the pool is cold and small,the childs pool was way to deep for young kids to play in and the other pool was just full of young coulples playing bat and ball so kids couldnt play in there without getting hit by the ball,hotel is full of young people playing music every night,so not for familys at all,outside of the hotel is just a couple of bars that are dead,its lifeless,beach is only 5min walk but its a steep hill going down ok but its a hard climb up,when u=you do get to the beach it is lovely but its not sand its just a beach of broken shells that cut your feet no good for kids they couldnt even build sand castles,the sea is very rougth and cold,been to many places abroad and never been unhappy but this beach no good for kids,old town is nice and busy but more hills,gets very busy after 9 with young groups,were only in our early 30s ourselves just no good for familys fullstop."

• Travel date: 18th June 2011

What a brilliant holiday!!

Reviewed 21st August 2009

"Just come back from a great stay in Club Oceano, the info found on the internet was very true about a minutes walk from the beach and about 15 mins walk from the strip. The apartments were well furnished, the only downside is that the air conditioning wasn't that great, but may have been the room we were in. The service was good, the staff were very helpful and polite and was very clean and tidy. There was a hiccup when we arrived and they upgraded us to a 4* apartment in Vilamoura. We stayed there for a couple of days but the resort was very expensive and not as much to do there for the kids, so we requested to go back. They were very apologetic and accomodating and paid for the transfers, so feel as if we can't really complain about this. This was the first time we have been away abroad with the kids, aged 7 & 3 and would definitely go back to resort and apartment. "

• Travel date: 20th August 2009

Not Great!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"This was our first time away this year, we were not expecting a lovely hotel as we didnt pay that much and we just wanted to go away quickly. We read reviews of this hotel and it sounded like the nicest one around as it was very close to the beach. It wasnt a nice hotel, it was close to the beach and thats the only good thing about it. When booking it we asked if we could not have a ground floor room as people said you get a horrible view even though all rooms were supposed to be sea view! So on arrival after a long journey we didnt even get welcome from reception just a hi. They handed us our key and expalined where our room was, not a ground floor room but a BASEMENT room! As soon a we got to our room we thought what a joke, 2 single beds, 1 pillow each and a view of some steps and the bottom of peoples sunbeds no sun whatsoever shining into our room, we called reception to see if they had another room higher up but the answer was no. I then called reception that evening as we had no mirror in our room apart from the bathroom one so had no where to dry my hair, they replied we will try and get you one for tommorow? I did luckily get one but shouldnt even have to ask for a mirror. The hotel rooms are very old fashioned needs updating, the air conditioning isnt even cold. Rooms were kept clean and we had a fresh towel most days. The receptionists were awful and no help at all during our stay they even said they didnt have any change for us to use there internet they seemed to go out of there way to annoy people. On check out they nearly didnt give us our deposit back for our safe as we didnt have a piece of paper but after arguing with them they gave it to us. The pool was lame not many people sitting out there and the few people that did you wonder why not walk 5 minutes to the beautiful beach which we spent all week laying on. The hotel is good location to bars and resaturants, the strip is very lively good for stag and hen parties and the old town is good for couples, families to have meals and watch entertainment. I would not recommend this hotel for families as there is nothing going on, pool is horrible, sunbeds and umbrellas very tatty. Overall we had a great holiday as we spent everyday on the beach and only went to out hotel to get shower and dressed. Good location to beach, nightlife, restaurant etc. This hotel is about 20 mins drive from faro airport."

• Travel date: 12th June 2009

Absolutley brilliant!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Clube Oceano last summer and absolutley loved it! The rooms were quite possibly the largest I have ever stayed in and were very clean (the maids came everyday). The kitchen area had eveything you would need in it. The pool area was lovely and there is even a small pool for children and babies. There was no wrestling for sunbeds and it was very peaceful to relax by during the day. The poolside bar was not the best, but it was ok for snacks during the day. The satff at the hotel are really friendly and were always helpful if you wanted to plan any days out or anything. The only problem with the hotel is that they had no entertainment on during our stay. This wasnt really a major issue for us as we went into the centre almost every night but for families who might not want to travel every night, it might not be suitable. The location of the hotel was also really good. The hotel is 2 minutes from the lovely beach. It wasn't exactly in the centre of albufeira but is only about 10 minutes walk (plus the walk is quite nice) and if you don't fancy that, it only costs about 3-5 euros in a taxi to the centre. If you are going into the centre of albufeira make sure you try wilde and co's restraunt, the food is amazing! All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the clube oceano and would go back any time!"

• Travel date: 24th November 2008

i have just come back from portugal, as ...

Reviewed 29th September 2008

"i have just come back from portugal, as this is first time i have ever been, i cant wait to go back, absolutely loved it the hotel is very clean and tidy, spacious and about a minutes walk from the beach. very good customer service too and i will definately go back their soon, fantastic holiday :)"

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

Enjoyed our stay

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"We stayed at Clube Oceano for two weeks in the middle of August, a party of four two adults two children (ages 9 and 14). We enjoyed our stay, we had a 1 bed apartment on the 5th Floor (5 floors in total) with a view of the sea. It was clean, bright, airy and well equipped. The hotel also had a laundry room with a washing machine and dryer which cost €5 each and €1 for detergent which was very handy for freshening up beach towels etc. The apartment was cleaned daily and the towels and sheets changed regularly. The staff were friendly and helpful on any occasion that we queries. There was a mix of European guests staying there during our stay and no problems were encountered. The pool was clean and we never had any problem getting a sun bed no matter what time of day we went to the pool. The poolside bar did nice food for snacks during the day. The beach is only a short walk away and it too was very nice. We used the restaurant at the top of the road "A Concha" and found the food very good and it was good value which was an added bonus. You can get a taxi from reception (€1 charge) into the old town or the bus which stops at the top of the road (taxis are sometime hard to get in the evenings after 6) we didn't go to the old town too much we mainly went to the "Strip" which you can easily walk to. It is a hive of activity with good restaurants and bars. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay at Clube Oceano on our first visit to the Algarve and would we stay there again - most definitely YES"

• Travel date: 1st September 2008

Good accommodation

Reviewed 19th January 2013

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel at the end of June 2008 and found the apartments were- clean, spacious and in a good location for the beach. We stayed in a studio and were located on the ground floor which although was a little dark around the corridors, our terrace got the sun from early morning until mid afternoon which was nice to sit out first thing. The apartments are mixed nationality but mainly dutch and british, the hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, small pool bar good for drinks etc and local excursions are bookable at the reception, i.e waterpark- slide and splash. The location is good for the beach, however as it is situated half way between montechoro and fishermans beach be prepared to walk a little for large choice of restaurants and nightlife. ( the old square far better than montechoro strip) I work within the travel industry and believe you get what you pay for- if you want the sea views and the bigger rooms then book and pay for a one bedroom apartment- all in all a good accommodation away from the hustle and bustle..."

• Travel date: 13th July 2008

never again

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"my husband and i have just returned from a week in this hotel. having been to portugal on various holidays i was not envisaging any problems, however i will not be going back to this hotel and this stay has put me off portugal. the studio apartment we had was on the very ground/basement floor, it felt like a dungeon. very dark inside and noisy as it was situated near the pool bar. the beds were comfortable however the wardrobe space was limited. i would have put up with this but the rules the hotel has are strange.......if we were not happy with the room we were not allowed to change even with paying extra, the staff were rude and unhelpful, our air conditioning broke and when we reported it the member of staff hung up on us! it states you are not allowed to reserve your sunbeds (which some were broken) however it was nearly always the case that you had to get up extra early to get any as they were all reserved, no lilo's or balls in the pool was another of there rules which was never adhered to. in the appartment were notices everywhere saying you will be fined one hundred euros if you have not washed up or if your towels were dirty. we were unable to get on the little train which takes you between the old town and the strip some discussion going on between the taxi rank who own the train, this is all well and good not being able to get on the train as we were in the middle of the two areas but the hotel did not give us any informastion on local buses etc, they said they would ring a taxi firm ( yes you get it the one who owns the train) for a charge of 1 euro. the pool looked nice but it never appeared to be cleaned, again notices saying not allowed to use the pool between set times but it seemed like it was not cleaned. take your walking shoes with you."

• Travel date: 27th June 2008

In september 2007 my partner and myself ...

Reviewed 28th May 2008

"In september 2007 my partner and myself (me being 6 months pregnant at the time)spent one week at the Club Oceano. As neither of us had been in Portugal before I spent alot of time beforehand researching the various apartments. and being pregnant wanted somewhere comfortable and within walking distance to beach, shops etc. We booked the Club Oceaneo and have to say the location couldnt be faulted. Our rep Angela was fantastic and she took us into reception to check in, the receptionist took our passports and as soon as Angela was gone out the door they proceeded to tell us that they were having some problems with their lower apartments and that we would have to stay in their sister hotel, I just thought ok we will check out this sister hotel and see what it is like I think it was called the Perloco or something like that. What a disaster it was very dull, drab and much much further away from the beach etc. I was so disappointed but it was late on a Sunday night and we said we would stay there for the one night. First thing next morning we got a taxi back to the Club Oceano (which we paid for) and I said I wasnt one bit happy that I spent ages researching accommodation and their sister hotel never came on my list of possibilities. Anyway to cut a long story short we met with our rep and she sorted eveything out for us, seemingly they were having no water problems at all! I was just thankful that we had gone through a travel agents and not booked independantly as I felt then we couldhave just been moved and not been able to do anything about it. We stayed in a studio and it was lovely, bright and airy! I would definately go back it was spotless and we even got a big bowl of fruit complimentary ( I think it was their way of apologising). On some holidays we have booked independantly but I guess its just something to keep in mind from now on."

• Travel date: 28th May 2008

Clean, great location, will return

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We are just back from a week staying in clube oceano. I went with my son aged 19months and Mum. We booked a 1 bedroom apt. Firstly, the location of this hotel is excellent. You are about a 10 minute walk into the old town of albufeira, and literally 2 mins down a quiet road to the beach. This was great for us particularly when trying to keeo a busy toddler entertained. You can also walk the beach up to albufeira which is even quicker and cuts out the big hill. A few evenings we ditched the buggy, and let my son toddle up the beach to albufeira for dinner and then toddle home again. The hotel itself is a little tired looking in decor. But realy most of the hotels in this region are the same as any new hotels are situated way back off the main road and a long walk to the beach etc. But what the apts might lack in decor they make up for in the cleanliness and functionality. ?The apartments are spotlessly clean, and were cleaned every day. Every part of the hotel is very well maintained and cleaned. The apartments are very spacious. There were twin beds and a cot, huge wardrobe etc in the bedrom and still had lots of room to move around. The kitchen/living room is very spacious and my mum slept on the sofa bed in the living room and found it very comfortable. The balcony is also quite big. I really like that all if the balcony's are south facing, so get the sun all day, while the bedrooms are north facing which means they stay cool even in the heat. Pool was lovely, although a few of the sunbeds were broken. We would definitlety return here, it is perfect for a family with children that need amenities close to hand, or have toddlers that don't like to sit in buggies for too long."

• Travel date: 25th May 2008

OK, but

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Nice place. Clean. Quiet. However, they do have some odd policies. 1. Their website indicated, when we booked our res. that they have free wifi internet service. However, that was not true. Instead they have an old model computer in the lobby that charges 1 Euro for 10 minutes. Over 3 days, my wife and I spent about 20 Euros vs. free wifi. We talked to others while we stayed there who experienced the same thing. Bad form. 2. We attempted to make a local phone call. It did not go through. However, they still charged us 2.50 Euro ($4.00 at the time). Left a bad taste. 3. We booked a non-smoking room, but when we got there, they said none were available. Again, bad form. 4. 100 Euro fine possible: Don't leave any dirty dishes, linens. Even though they have daily maid service, they have signs in the room that indicate they will extract fines for any guest who leaves dirty towels, etc. We are seasoned travelers, and have not experienced this type of warning before. Odd. Nice place, bad policies."

• Travel date: 7th May 2008

Hotels near Luna Clube Oceano

Top traveller tips for Luna Clube Oceano

• by zoe

"knock it down and start again"

Luna Clube Oceano is also called

• Clube Oceano Hotel
  • clube oceano aparthotel albufeira