Hotel Topazio

Rua Vasco da Gama Areias de São João, Albufeira 8200-294 Portugal

Good

Great value, great staff, great location, great hotel

"just got back from 10 nights staying at the topazio, and i am very pleased with the choice i made. If you want a lively drunken night the hotel is only five minutes walk to the "strip" which consists of bar after bar all offering basically the same thing. hotel is ten minutes walk from the beach and only fifteen to twenty minute walk from the old town. The rooms were cleaned everyday and to a high standard and all rooms have air conditioning for which there is no charge. On last night of the holiday we ate at wild and co restuarant which is at the bottom of the "strip" and the meal was very good and was a nice smart place to eat compared to most of the others. Personally i found the "strip" a little tedious after a week as it was mobbed by youngsters (im only 30 and felt ancient), on numerous occassions you could see people at the side of the road being sick and basically acting like twats, also on many nights i witnessed the police charging up and down truncheons in hand. I personally think the old town is a better quality night out as it attracts slightly older and more sensible people, there is a bar in old town called "buhba bar" which was playing some good house tunes and served a good variety of cocktails and had a nice outdoor terrace and balcony area overlooking the square. One last thing, if you want a quiet drink with some older relaxing music you should try sinatra's bar at the very top of the strip, good pint and friendly owner."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of July 2010

fantastic value for money !!!!!

"well i think everyone hassaid what needs to be said ....the apartment we stayed in was spotless ...pool was clean & well preseneted great location & we heard no noise at all from the nightclub across the road i would definatlet recommend this place ( i can be very funny about where i stay ) & me & my husband are already thinking about going back !!!"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

Great hotel, fab value for money!!

"I stayed here at the end of June. The hotel is in a great location with loads near by to do.
The pool is really nice with a poolside bar and friendly staff.
The apartments are very smart with lots of hanging space for your clothes.
The best resturant near by is Wild an Co, a little more pricey than other resturants but well worth it!
I would definatly go and stay here again!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

Excellent Hotel

"Stayed for a week at the end of June, excellent hotel, rooms very spacious and everything you need..... yes there is a nightclub opposite, but we never heard any noise during the night.... Pool nice and clean, breakfast ideal, would look to stay at the hotel again as we got a fantastice price for the week..... The location is ideal 5 mins walk to the busy bars and clubs if that is what you want.... but also couple of smaller local places to eat alos really nice..... the hotel did have a stag party about 10/12 but they were no trouble.... big thumbs up for this hotel....!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2010

Gotta Love It!

"Ok..Here we go..This was a lovely break...best hotel - hotel Topazio, lovely decor, lovely room. Internet charged at 2 euros for 40mins (No wireless) :(

Bar 24 (sports bar) opposite hotel Topazio is amazing where English breakfast only 2.50euros, strip just up the road..lively with shops, bars, clubs, English, Chinese (buffet 9euros - best Chinese food), Indian, Portuguese and Italian restaurants...Lovely Ice cream shop (delicious)...I recommend Matt Bar for a night out.

Old town is a 4euro and 7mins drive from strip. Old town very very loud and busy during the night (dance clubs), nice Karaoke bars.
During the day - exquisite...beach is amazing! see pic. Other end of Beach also 10-15mins walk from Topazio.

Cash point at the bottom of strip turn right!

Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of June 2010

Quality apartment, good location but noisy nightclub nearby

Good

"We found apartments to be of very high standard, newly refurbed.Great location, 10 mins walk to "strip", 20 mins to lovely "old town", 15 mins to very nice beach.Small supermarket across road.We walked to Paulino for sandwiches on yummy Portuguese bread to take to beach for daily picnic, go up road & turn left at Top Spot then 2 minute walk.Lovely sandwiches, run by old local couple.Aslso coffee for 1 euro. Downside-Kiss club very noisy, bizarrely as people leave at 4 am- 6am they chant in the road for hours!!In Uk, locals would call Police & chanting would stop, or club would be closed down.But not here!Every night we were woken up several times, only the sound of the free aircon/ heater unit in room drowns it out.We would go again, but ensure room is as far away from club as possible! Oh yeah, no corkscrews in room, so if you're gonna buy lovely local wine for 2 euro per bottle, take a corkscrew!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2010

Exceptional Class should be rated higher than 3*

"Beautiful refurbished hotel. Arrived at 11:30 and our rooms were ready and we were able to check in immediately. Lovely bright modern rooms with Flat Screen tv/dvd and small fridge. Nice breakfast with fresh breads, cheese, cold meats and cereals. We were having an early checkout and they arranged breakfast earlier so we could eat some. Alarm call was right on time and friendly."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of March 2010

Never again!

"Very nice hotel, but none of our requests were forthcoming. The noise from the Kiss disco was horrendous, bump bump bump all night long until 7am the next morning. May be alright for the young ones when they stay up all night and in bed till dinner-time next day, but not for us."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of March 2010

Value for Money

"The Hotel is in a great location and excellent value for money. Had 4 nights there and couldn't fault a thing. Rooms A1 and bathrooms exceptional. Highly recommend and have rebooked for March already."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of November 2009

Even Better the second time!

"For the second time this year I have just returned from this wonderful Hotel.I was recognised instantly by the Receptionist and some of the staff.It was as usual immaculately clean and tidy, the ideal spot by the pool where fresh hotel towels are available daily.Across the road is a very good restaurant with a variety of good food,especially the steaks and fish.Poll on may 2010 for my next visit"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of October 2009

Brilliant holiday

"Stayed here for a week in September and had a brilliant holiday. Hotel is newly refurbished and looks really modern, bedroom was great but would have been better to get a big bed rather than two singles put together when on holiday with your partner and double was requested. Asked for sea or pool view and got both, just about. Location is great, near to the strip but far away enough from the noise. Old town is about 15min walk away or the little train will take you for 4Euros return. There is a beach in either direction of the hotel which is about 10minutes walk or the beach at the old town is nice. The pool area was nice but too cold even though it was about 28 degrees. Would stay here again and highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of October 2009

Fabulous hotel at a fabulous price!

"I stayed at the Topazio w/c 26th Sept for a week.
The hotel was fabulous - modern design and it was so clean I would have eaten the dinner from the floor. Our towels and bed linen were changed every day!
Breakfast was a simple continental but nothing to complain about and the pool area although small I think big enough for the guests as its a small hotel.
Just one word of caution - it is directly opposite the only nightclub in albufeira which opens at 1am and shuts at 6am. We were in a room directly opposite the club although this gave us the advantage of a sea view. It didn't keep us awake as there are double doors on the patio and this blocks most of the noise and we found the air conditioning (which comes included) dampened. I think I was only aware of it once when I woke up in the middle of the night.

As me and my partner are young and heavy sleepers we didn't bother to get moved but I'm sure the reception staff would have tried to move us if we had asked. We liked to sit on the balcony and see the sea :) It may be something to consider if you have small children though - I'm sure if you request not to be opposite the club they will oblige.

All in all a BRILLIANT holiday, loved albufeira and would definitely stay at the Topazio again"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of September 2009

Hotels near Hotel Topazio

Stayed at Hotel Topazio? Share your insight.

Hotel Topazio is also called