The pool area taken from the bar balcony

About Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

• atm on site

Good

last min holiday

Reviewed 28th August 2013

"Last min holiday,and what a surprise lovely pool area,swim up bar shame it was in may and could not use,only booked self catering,facilities fine,just the usual,supermarket 5 minutes away,very central old town on one side the strip on the other,i expect it would be extremely busy in high season,and don't think enough sunbeds would be available huge hotel,drinks were expensive,i did not eat there so cannot comment on food"

• Travel date: 23rd August 2013

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed 30th May 2013

"My family and I have stayed at the Paraiso 3 times now, and absolutely love it. We have been self catering on the three ocassions which was great, the hotel is situated between several supermarkets such as Modello (2-3 minute walking distance. We are going again this year in July for two weeks all inclusive. We was told once when we stayed before by other guests that we met, that the food was not great, but to be honest we dont really mind that much it cant be that bad, plus if we get fed up we know of plently of places to eat out if the need arises. The hotel itself has everything, a fantastic large outer pool, indoor pool, football pitch, putting course, tennis court etc. The entertainment for the kids is also fantastic, how ever this year my children are at alot older so my youngest may not go into the kids club. The bars and evening entertainment is also good. The staff are all extremely helpfull. We have never had a major issue with anything at the hotel. The rooms are very well equiped, with a large bathroom with shower, & twin sinks etc. The living area is spacious as well as the bedroom. The kitchenette is also very good with full hob and oven, microwave, kettle toaster, fridge and plenty of storage space and equipment. The rooms also have Air con that works great. Also the room has a TV wich can be used in either the living area or bedroom. The balconys are also sufficient with a great view if your are pool side. We have been lucky enough to have pool view rooms twice, the rooms on the other side of the hotel are as nice inside but the view is of the road so not as nice. Can not wait to go again in July. "

• Travel date: 30th May 2013

Dissapointed Holiday

Reviewed 9th January 2013

"This hotel is by no means a 4* hotel, we stayed over Christmas 2012 and we were very disapointed with the food, it was cold and inedible, we booked through Travel Republic and told them that we were not happy and that it was not a 4* hotel and the food was horrible but because the hotel wanted a 100% cancellation fee they said they could not do anything for us, I also spoke to the sales manager regarding this and he was down right rude to me ranting about how good his hotel was and the food was excellent,he was so rude he reduced me to tears, I told him that I wanted to fill in the complaints book which I was told is governed by the police and he said I could but did not give me the book to write in, he came into the restuarant the same night and ate not a lot he took photos on his mobile phone but did not speak to any guests to ask their opinion, they had cocktail drinks on Christmas night but no management made any speach, at other cocktail drinks evening we have been to the management have always been their and mingled with the guests, we have visited Portugal many times and have always had a good holiday but this was totally dissapointing, do not book excursions with this hotel go outside and turn left 2 mins up the road we were again ripped off, the food was so bad at this hotel I booked the earliest flights back home, "

• Travel date: 9th January 2013

Not a 4* Hotel

Reviewed 12th September 2011

"This was our 4th visit to Portugal & when passing the Parasio years ago I always thought it looked quite upmarket but still family friendly, which is why we decided it would be ideal to take our 5 year old daughter. Unfortunately, the years have taken their toll on the whole building & grounds and although the cleaners worked every hour of the day & night, there is only so much you can do with a very much dated place! Our room (on the 7th floor :( ) and bathroom were always immaculately cleaned every day but again they needed updated. There was an occasional smell of sewerage around the pool which was a bit off putting and the grass (well what was left of it!) made the outside look shabby. I personally thought the food was good – both myself & my daughter are fussy eaters and we always found there was something for us to eat and there was always a good choice of puddings. The entertainment was good and the reps provided some very good singing and dancing shows but I think the half hour kids disco was a bit disappointing – even stretching it to an hour would have pleased my daughter a little more! Some of the hotel staff need to learn to smile or at least be polite or acknowledge you! (this only applied to a handful!) I think years ago this hotel was a 4* but in its current condition, in my opinion it is definitely not worthy of 4* "

• Travel date: 7th September 2011

great family holiday

Good
Reviewed 25th September 2011

"my family of 3 have just returned from this hotel after spending 2 weeks there. we would definately return. we were self catering so cannot comment on food but found the hotel clean, spacious and great for children, lots for them to do and the entertainment staff were fab"

• Travel date: 24th July 2011

Definatly not 4star as stated .

Reviewed 12th July 2011

"Just returned from the praiso in albufera the staff were not friendly at all very ignorant in fact .enjoyed the food the first week , only to find that it was exactly the same thefollowing week fish was uncooked and rice dishes were also uncooked . A very large hotel and you were queing for food and two get drinks .my husband qued for twenty mins and only 2 behind the bar itwas not good enough , many people were complaining . Look out for more reviews there will be some . As for our family we wont be returning ever ."

• Travel date: 8th July 2011

Amazing

Reviewed 16th May 2011

"When we went to the paraiso we all loved it out of all 9 of us. We couldn't complain about anything! It was very clean and the room was huge and we had the room above the bank so the balcony was massive. It isn't long from the strip or old town. The service was great, and one man "Roberto" was very nice, It was one of our friends birthday and we got a complementary champagne which was not under the all inclusive. The hotel lobby was massive, and included internet in there, along with shops. The swimming pool was very leisurable and was very big. Portugal is a nice country and this hotel is one of the best there. All of my friends enjoyed this who are aged between 35-47 and my children who were aged 12 and 15 also thought it was a lovely holiday. You could also drink your drinks at the bar in the pool which my children thought was a highlight of the holiday. It was a fantastic stay and i would DEFINATELY recommend to more of my friends and family."

• Travel date: 14th May 2011

2nd Time around

Reviewed 7th October 2011

"Nothing had changed since being here four years ago furniture out dated. TV thought that was the microwave so behind the times, Dont they realise that us brits have 40in TVin our bedrooms.!!!! First day Towel got pinched couple of local teenagers hanging around the pool, moving from one area of the complex to another,reminded me of Lanzarote when the spanish kids kept nicking the sun lotions and kids balls!! Went to reception silly me to check if anyone had found a bath sheet not Beach Towel, two other people where there looking too see if anyone had handed in there towels,kids balls and a childs top, and another lady was missing her childs buggy!! This total runined my holiday. When I went here four years ago there was loads of Reps didnt see any this time, the kids where bored not that we had any kids with us as ours are too old to go now. The bathroom was growing mould around the tile, the sockets in the bedroom did not work so had to dry my hair in the kitchen area, the phone did not work either, All we kept hearing from people around the pool was that the food was terrible, glad we did not go All Inclusive, this would have cost us 80 Euros extra. We went to an Indian called the Clay Oven near the strip, seemed very busy which is a good sign belive you me its not poor quality just about warm, we did,nt e a tip. There was a bar to the left of the Hotel near the super market, we got a hamburger there dont know why but I cut it into quarters thank God as it was raw in the middle and we still got charged plus the tomato sauce sachet that we did, nt even get to eat. The wine shop in the hotel was cheaper than the Super store. that was a plus. Due to the weather changing the kids that where there where so bored that they where allowed to run around unsupervised un and down the lifts and up and down the stairs by reception, not once where they told to behave by staff. The beds where hard but we did not mind after a few nights the pillows I never did get used too. This time around we got a poolview, just a well as the front was very noisy and if you get bad weather, then I feel sorry for you!! If you have a Heart Condition or cannot walk far dont even consider this place, It is very up and down and the walk ways are very dangerous you have to have your wits about you as most of the walk ways have small stones which are missing.If it rains they can become very slippy.0 On the Plus there a Chinese on the strip 3.50 euros per dish looks nothing outside but it is whem you get in the food was quite good. Twice here that is far too many will never visit the Place again."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2011

Okay But....

Reviewed 2nd November 2010

"I went to this hotel on the 19th october and it was nothing like it was in 2008 when i went there. I went all inclusive and it was good intil entertainment came on we found that the main entertainment hall which was hughed had been close a week before we arrived at the hotel and there was still not alot of room for people to sit with there family due to the main entertainment hall was closed so it got changed to the upperstair hall which is smaller. We asked the entertainer what happened and they said that it was closed due to the hotel closing on the 30th october but i just don't get as i payed about 2grand to go there and i was no happy to find that i payed that amount of money for a small tiny hall for entertainment the staff are nice though and the food is lovely but would never go without all inclusive because the food is very expensive."

• Travel date: 24th October 2010

Definately Not a 4* Hotel

Reviewed 27th September 2010

"Just got back today from Portugal and stayed at this Hotel for 1 week , Booked with Thomas Cook / Direct Holidays. When we arrived we didn't get the requests we had wanted ie- adjacent rooms ( we were on holiday with my brother and sister-in-law) pool view or low floor, the room had a lovely view of a carpark !!! went to reception and they did offer us another room 7 floors higher or we could share a room ?? why bundle us in one room ?? Hell we've paid £1000 per couple ?? so we took the option of a higher room a lil better view. This Hotel is only 9 yrs old but its in dire need of a make-over !!! The food choice is little and nothing like the choices you recieve in true 4* hotels ... in my opinion its for families on a low budget who will eat anything !!! And as already mentioned by other reviews the queing up is a pain , service is poor as is most of the Hotels staff attitudes. I've been many places over the world and advice you if you want a lovely 4* holiday go to Benelamadena ( costa del sol ) there's a wonderful all-inclusive hotel there and also Turkey Lykia World is out of this world !!! so I won't be returning to Portugal anytime soon !!!"

• Travel date: 25th September 2010

what a wonderful holiday

Reviewed 9th September 2010

"we have just returned from a two week stay at the paraiso de albufeira , (21/08/10 - 04/09/10) and what a great time we all had. Four adults and two children.We were all inclusive and found the food fantastic.We have stayed at an all inclusive before and to compare the two the paraiso did not once repeat their menu during our two week stay.The breakfasts were great although no fried eggs but there was everything else for example, bacon, proper sausage, beans , boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurts, fruit bread,croissants,muffins. Lunch was often a fish dish, meat dish, vegetarian dish and dinner was anything from spaghetti, to a variety of meat dishes,kids meals and as much ice cream that my kids could put away. The thomas cook entertainers were brilliant and really work hard.They keep you entertained from 10ish around the pool until 5ish and then start again at 7.45 till 12.00 and put on many fantastic shows. The hotel in general is exceptionally clean and the reception helpful and friendly with any query you have. The bar staff are lovely although you do have to queue for your drinks especially toward the end of the night when the bar ends for all inclusive at 11.00pm where after all drinks are full price. The hotel is situated on a main round half way between old town and the strip with a fair few shops in the area of the hotel .We were on the 7th floor facing the main road and found it fine and not noticeably noisy. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would definately recommend it to anyone , and anyone who does nt like it must be very ,very hard to please"

• Travel date: 9th September 2010

first time abroad not disappointed

Reviewed 3rd June 2010

"I arrived at this hotel on the 1st of may 2010 for 1 week,having never been abroad before the many horror stories i had heard made me wary. How wrong they were a truly beautiful hotel, and town . clean tidy and food was brilliant. one slight gripe tele in room was useless .i would recommend this to any one ."

• Travel date: 29th May 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

Top traveller tips for Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

• by Joanne M

"really central,10 mins either way walking distance to old town or the strip,great central location"

• by normas

"if you like outdated fitting, furniture and broken windows go for it"

• by B

"Visit the old & new town on the little train - cheap & good way to see the whole town."

• by susie

"Dont go All Inclusive - Go to the Local bar second left after the large Yellow Hotel Forte Du Vale orange chairs outside food lovely and dri..."

• by FRIPtrip

"Read the reviews and choose wisely "

• by landmark1965

"expensive nice beach & old town"

• by emmaalouise94

"we just stayed in the hotel, nothing to complain about, you get what you pay for."

• by emmaalouise94

"lovely area, not to keen on the going out to the old town/new town so just stayed in the hotel"

• by jane20

"Enjoyed the seville cathedral."

• by jane20

"Great location half way between old town and the strip"

• by tikka243

"Lovely place. dont go All Inclusive. Family 3 can eat out for 40 euros inc drinks"

• by A Kipling

"Zoo Marine was perfect"

Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is also called

• Paraiso de Albufeira Apartments
  • paraiso de albufeira
  • paraiso de hotel albufeira