Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

Rua do Municipio Lote 31, Albufeira 8200-161 Portugal

Fantastic time here

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"My husband and I have stayed at the hotel several times in the past 2 years, it is a favourite of ours, we have stayed in the best of hotels world wide, and have not been disappointed at the Paraiso, we stay self catering as we like to wander into the strip or the old town which is our favourite to have a meal, we book a one bedroom apartment which has always been perfect for us, the hotel is clean and very well cared for, there is no problem getting a bed by the pool as it is a big area, I can't say what the hotel would be like for children although it looks to have lots on, they have entertainment most of the day at the pool and always something going on at night , I would recommend staying here to anyone, we are both in our 50's but my daughter and her husband both in their 30's enjoyed it as well, and will return."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

welcome to the pit

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I'm sorry to be negative about this place but I was really really disappointed. It's supposed to be a 4 star hotel and I can imagine that when it first opened, it was good, but it is now really dated. Our room resembled an outdated motel with furnishings that were not attractive and were somewhat tatty, the beds were really hard - you could feel the springs through the mattress. To get to the restaurant, you have to go down 3 floors of marble stairs (no handrail provided) and then through the children's entertainment area. There was only one lift down to it which meant that you could literally be waiting for 20 minutes (no, I'm not exaggerating). Because of this we nicknamed it 'the pit'. The food was fine if you love fish and you are okay with meat such as beef being 'pink' in the middle. One night I got the last pork kebab - it was cold, as were the sprouts and potatoes. More kebabs were brought out 15 minutes later which is not much good if your partner is already eating. One poor chap resorted to eating the kids' fish fingers. Interestingly, on Saturday and Sunday night there was a chef carving meat which was good but we never saw this for the rest of the week.

The breakfast room resembled a transport cafe. It was next to and smelt of the indoor swimming pool. There was a good choice of cheeses, bread and cereals and, occasionally, fresh fruit. Everyday, you were offered scrambled eggs which were the slimiest and most disgusting I have ever come across. Boiled eggs and baked beans were on offer every day. Then, on alternate days, you were offered bacon and tomatoes or sausages with garlic mushrooms (tinned with garlic salt sprinkled over them).

The windows in public areas and lifts were absolutely filthy.

The staff were okay but we wanted to book our room for a few extra hours as we had an evening flight. We were told that whilst it was free, we could not have it because someone might want to book it. No compromise was offered so we got a taxi to the airport and passed our time away there.

I think the Paraiso will be good for families who love entertainment and a good activity programme and whose kids love chips and fish fingers (with tomato sauce by the bucket loads).

Be warned that the prices at the pool bar were not cheap - 2 euros for a small drink of coke.

What I expect from a four star hotel is good comfortable accommodation, good food and good service. I got none of this. I will not be going again and I would not recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of September 2005

Not impressed with the room - no bed!!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"The hotel looks very impressive but was surprised that myself and my husband were cramped into one room with our baby. We didn't have a bed. There was a sofa for me and a campbed stored under the sofa for my husband to sleep on. The patio door wouldn't lock and the window frame was coming away from the wall.
We had to get up at 7am to secure a sun lounger by the pool though we soon stopped as couldn't be bothered. We ended up just staying on the grass area. People would leave towels on the sunbeds and not turn up to use them until after lunch! Very selfish!

On the first day we paid 15E for 2 breakfasts. It was buffet style and the worst breakfast I've ever had. The juice was horrible cordial, the breads were stale the eggs were green. If I'd have paid all inclusive I would have been very annoyed.

I had a pedicure at the Hair Salon. The staff tried to con me. The price list states 31E for a standard pedicure and 51E with parafin. Halfway through my pedicure they asked me if I wanted to have the parafin treatment. They showed me the prices and I agreed thinking I would just pay 51E. They then charged me 82E saying they were too different costs. My husband argued with them and then they said yes it was only 51E and they made up the excuse of not speaking English very well."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

So good we went twice in 2005

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We first went back in April 2005 for 2 weeks, we had brilliant weather and made loads of friends. We have 3 children and they absolutely loved it. So much to keep them amused and us adults. Fanstatic set of holiday entertainments reps, really friendly and helpful. They all had really good singing voices especially Matt, he should be in the West End Musicals! Entertainment varied throughout the 2 weeks but really good fun. Apartment was a 2 bedroomed, it was massive, well worth the money. Food was good even for the fussiest of eaters! Hotel staff always friendly and helpful.

We have just arrived back home, only us adults went this time! Still as good as in April. Shows in the evenings were different and they still gave us a good laugh. Entertainments team still as hard working, but still find the time to sit and talk. Not sure where they get all there energy from! Food was still good, more choice than ever in summer months. Yes you do have to get up early to get a sun lounger, but that happens in most hotels. We went on the 25th August to the 1st September and they had a lifeguard sitting near the deep end of the pool.Children and adults kept trying to dive off the bridge into the deep end even though there are signs saying not to!
Good value for money, we have already booked to take our children back with us in August 2006."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2005

Excellent 2 weeks holiday, Aug 2005, Kent.

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We have just come back from a 2 week stay here. We had a wonderful time, the hotel is massive, the entertainment team of Mat, Kazza, Jenna, Sarah and Johnny were absolutely brilliant, they are such a great bunch and work so hard to keep you all amused from early in the morning till late at night. My two children went to the Stage School and Brazillian Soccer School which they thoroughly enjoyed, it was worth every penny. However, you have to get up at 6 in the morning to get a sunbed around the pool area which is rather small for the amount of people in the hotel, but there is plenty of grass area to sit on, if you are all inclusive you get mattresses for your chairs and parasols free. The rooms are really large and very clean, the food is not brilliant but there was plenty to choose from most of the time. The only downside was we couldnt keep our room on for the day we were leaving, you have to checkout at 10.30 in the morning and we werent leaving till 4.30pm, so we couldnt spend the day at the pool as there are no facilities for you to change and shower before going home.
The resort is really nice and its a short walk to the strip and the old town. Would definately go back again and would recommend it to anyone who likes plenty to do. Not for a quiet holiday!!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2005

Poor entertainment all inside

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"The brochure noted top quality entertainment. The reps appeared to be straight from school and they provided most of the entertainment with some kind of pantomine. The evening entertainment and bars are contained inside the building with the main venue in the basement. There were insufficient tables and chairs and the service was slow. Don't go there in the summer unless you dislike the outdoors.

Many sunbeds were broken and the pool side damaged and dangerous with no life guard and teenagers bombing. Inflatables everywhere

Good food but bland. 3 Days all inclusive was enough."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2005

go go go go

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"just got back on the 23 july 05 if you are going to this hotel and your wondering whats it going to be like you will not be dissapointed myself my wife and 4 children ages from 8 to 13 went all inclusive for 1 week and our friends with a 17 month old came along to the hotel is spotless the staff are friendly the thomas cook team dont stop all day theres so much going on for kids and adults to or you can just relax by the fantastic pool and lawns
food is good snacks are good entertainments excellent and the kids are safe theres no massive queues for food or at the bars and you can sleep theres no one running round the hotel at 3am singing or noise from discos
i dont like going to places twice but we will be back at this hotel in the next couple of years"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2005

mixed feelings

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Just returned from a weeks all inclusive at the paraiso ...Hotel very clean and rooms fantastic ....pool area lovely ...But I feel there is a downside Food was average but main complaint was it wasn,t hot . no matter what time you ate in restraunt food was always luke warm!!!!!..Staff need to smile at bit more although having said that Thomas Cook team were excellent. I have marked as above average due to the facilties both in the accommodation and in the hotel itself ...Would not go all inclusive if returned"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2005

Fantastic hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We came back from staying in Portugal in October 2004 we had a excellant stay there we was all inclusive the food was amazing as were all the staff ( some very nice bar man aswell !! ) we had a excellent time it was great the weather was lovely the pools and hotel were very clean and they had lots of actaivites
i would definantly recomend this hotel to anybody any age you'll have a unfogetable expericance !!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

felt like celebs

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"just got back on the 19.06.05 cant beleive we are home want to go back asap it was absolutely fab. myself , partner, and children all thought this was a great hotel and are definetly going back there. we only stayed SC so cant comment on the food but everyone we spoke to there who had gone AI said it was great. the cleanliness, the facilities, the staff and anyone or anything else in the hotel were top class. i would definetly reccomend anyone of any age,sex,shoe size you name it you will love it there and by the way if you do go hope you have as much fun as we did. HAPPY HOLS."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2005

last min holiday

Reviewed Wed 28th of August 2013

"Last min holiday,and what a surprise lovely pool area,swim up bar shame it was in may and could not use,only booked self catering,facilities fine,just the usual,supermarket 5 minutes away,very central old town on one side the strip on the other,i expect it would be extremely busy in high season,and don't think enough sunbeds would be available huge hotel,drinks were expensive,i did not eat there so cannot comment on food"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of August 2013

Amazing Holiday

Reviewed Thu 30th of May 2013

"My family and I have stayed at the Paraiso 3 times now, and absolutely love it. We have been self catering on the three ocassions which was great, the hotel is situated between several supermarkets such as Modello (2-3 minute walking distance. We are going again this year in July for two weeks all inclusive. We was told once when we stayed before by other guests that we met, that the food was not great, but to be honest we dont really mind that much it cant be that bad, plus if we get fed up we know of plently of places to eat out if the need arises. The hotel itself has everything, a fantastic large outer pool, indoor pool, football pitch, putting course, tennis court etc. The entertainment for the kids is also fantastic, how ever this year my children are at alot older so my youngest may not go into the kids club. The bars and evening entertainment is also good. The staff are all extremely helpfull. We have never had a major issue with anything at the hotel. The rooms are very well equiped, with a large bathroom with shower, & twin sinks etc. The living area is spacious as well as the bedroom. The kitchenette is also very good with full hob and oven, microwave, kettle toaster, fridge and plenty of storage space and equipment. The rooms also have Air con that works great. Also the room has a TV wich can be used in either the living area or bedroom.
The balconys are also sufficient with a great view if your are pool side. We have been lucky enough to have pool view rooms twice, the rooms on the other side of the hotel are as nice inside but the view is of the road so not as nice.
Can not wait to go again in July. "

• Travel date: Thu 30th of May 2013

Hotels near Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

Stayed at Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira

• A Kipling by A Kipling

"Zoo Marine was perfect "

• tikka243 by tikka243

"Lovely place. dont go All Inclusive. Family 3 can eat out for 40 euros inc drinks "

• jane20 by jane20

"Great location half way between old town and the strip "

• jane20 by jane20

"Enjoyed the seville cathedral. "

• emmaalouise94 by emmaalouise94

"lovely area, not to keen on the going out to the old town/new town so just stayed in the hotel "

• emmaalouise94 by emmaalouise94

"we just stayed in the hotel, nothing to complain about, you get what you pay for. "

• landmark1965 by landmark1965

"expensive nice beach & old town "

• FRIPtrip by FRIPtrip

"Read the reviews and choose wisely "

• susie by susie

"Dont go All Inclusive - Go to the Local bar second left after the large Yellow Hotel Forte Du Vale orange chairs outside food lovely and drinks very cheap "

• B by B

"Visit the old & new town on the little train - cheap & good way to see the whole town. "

• normas by normas

"if you like outdated fitting, furniture and broken windows go for it "

• Joanne M by Joanne M

"really central,10 mins either way walking distance to old town or the strip,great central location "

Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is also called