Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol

Rua do Municipio, Lote 27 Apartado 2054, Albufeira 8200-161 Portugal

fab fab fab

Good

"stayed at brisa sol in august what a fab hotel /apertments .. super staff ... great facilities .. good location .. could not fault it .. see you again brisa sol"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of August 2005

Excellent Hotel

"I have read many reviews about this hotel some good, some not so good, so I wasn’t sure what to expect when I arrived. My partner and had our wedding in Portugal a couple of months ago where we had a church wedding in Alvor and the wedding reception at the Brisa Sol where we also stayed for the week. We had the reception here as all the guests were staying there also about 40 friends and family. As for the accommodation it was FANTASTIC!! The rooms were very spacious and spotlessly clean. I didn’t know what type of wedding reception it would be as I took a complete chance and it was the best I could have hoped for. The staff, location, food etc. were just unbelievable and all our guests commented on how beautiful it all was. The reception room was just beside the pool and the perfect setting. For the wedding reception we had a four course meal which was exquisite and this included a buffet. I never before saw a buffet like this. There was so much food and the presentation was superb. People were taking photos of the food it was so fantastic. So if asked would I go back, there is no question about it I will definitely go back to this hotel again and couldn’t rate it high enough. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they organized every little thing for us without any hassle.
All of our party had a great week, very relaxing, beautiful pool, excellent food, good entertainment. FANTASTIC HOTEL and EXCELLENT STAFF!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

Fantastic hotel, ignore any bad comments below

"We stayed at this hotel in June 2005, and we cannot say a bad word about it. the cooking equipment is basic, but who cooks every night on holiday. The hotel is perfectly placed between the old and new town and the facilities are excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak great English.
The rooms are spotless and we never saw a single insect in our apartments. We had a pool view which overlooked the sea too, it was beautiful and made sitting on the balcony very enjoyable.
The food at the Snack Bar, Restaurant and the Patissere is excellent and is very good value for mony.

Try Alfredo's Restauraunt on the way to the Old Town and if you fancy a nice romantic meal go to Bailote in the centre of the old town, this is a great Italian.

Ignore the review below it sounds like sour grapes to me, i was worried after reading it before i went on holiday but believe me the hotel is great."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

Great Hotel

"The Brisa Sol is an excellant Hotel within easy reach of the Old and New Town. Spacious rooms, great pools inside and outside. Bar staff really freindly and always cheerful towards the children. The cake shop is trully worth trying. Cannot understand the people who use the tourist train as the walk to the beach is not that bad - about 15 mins down hill and 25mins uphill. The beach is fantastic - the sea is sometimes smooth but on other days having a few waves which makes lots of people get their surf boards etc to enjoy the free fun. The lemon tree bar near to fishermans beach is great for english food and the owners are really friendly. Another place to eat would be Doce Restuarant - not from Brisa Sol - Scottish owned and the do great steaks and pasta dishes. Try the Gold Elephant Chinese Restaurant - huge portions and the quality is better than most you would find in the UK. Without question I would recommend the Brisa Sol to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2005

Can't fault the Brisa Sol

Good

"Three of us (2 adults and my son of 12) stayed at the Brisa Sol in the 2nd week of July, and we had a fantastic time. We paid extra for a pool/sea view room and the views were well worth it. The maids tidied up the room every day and the poolside was spotless. The hotel cake shop is to die for! The location was fine, quicker to the old town (about 10 min, once we found our way) and about 15 min to the strip.
I would recommend the following places for eating:
Bravos - on the old town square
Alfredos - on the way down from the hotel to the old town
Asian Dream - a chinese place on a square just of the top of the strip - great food
Al-fornos - at the top of the stairs (across the road) down to the Fishermans beach. Someone is always handing out cards for a free wine - we got one each, and received a complimentary 1/2 beer, cola and a 1/4 carafe of wine. The food was very nice too, big portions. So don't walk by like we did most nights - give it a try!
Snoopys bar, on Fishermans beach , had some really good bands playing from 10pm until after 1 am.
We had a great holiday. Will go back again."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2005

Brisa Sol - brilliant hotel

Good

"We have just returned from a two week holiday staying at the Brisa Sol in Albufeira. Our apartment was very clean and spacious, the hotel staff were very friendly and the pool is a nice size I would certainly recommend this hotel. The only thing which we thought it may have had was some poolside entertainment during the day eg. water polo etc. although there is a tennis and squash court if you are feeling energetic ( at an extra charge). The hotel is halfway between the strip and the old town ( about twenty minutes walk) and the tourist train stop is directly outside the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

Very nice: Easyjet + book Brisa Sol seperate = Great Value

"Brisa Sol was overall very good; location was both positive and negative. Firstly the good point was that the motor train that runs through Albufeira has three stops. One of them is basically outside the Brisa Sol hotel, therefore no need to walk up a distance to the nearest stops (which some hotels are very far away from) so very easy access via the train into the old town and new town. Only bad point would be how far away the beach is, although I think the majority if not all the hotels in Albufeira are not beach fronts. Approximately 10min walk to the beach, Albufeira is very hilly, lots of roads going down and up. When you get to the beach it's a steep stairway down.

Old town is basically as it sounds, cobbled stone paving with lots and lots of restaurants. Sometimes can be irrating to have so many waiters inviting you into their restaurant, one restaurant had about 10 people outside all holding their menus. It actually puts people off going near the place, instead of being attracted to them. Some very nice restaurants, I would very highly recommend having a look at the smaller restaurants down the side streets. These can be very good in both service and quality of food and choice.

The New town is basically a long strip of both bars and restaurants. Probably the liveliest of all the areas, again lots of touts. There is a very lively bar called The Garage, every night they had one of their staff outside with handcuffs taking people into the bar. Can be quite funny seeing people's reactions, as we went to the Cocktail bar next-door to The Garage a lot of nights.

One of our favourite restaurants was La Bamba in the New Town on the strip, very nice food and top quality service. Would definitely recommend them.

If you stay at the Brisa Hotel, on your way to the beach down the hill is a bar/food place called The Lemon Tree. An English run place which we visited many times before and after going to the Beach, very friendly place. You will also be able to pickup a FREE MAP guide from there showing all the places to eat in Albufeira.

Next-door to the Brisa Sol is a large Supermarket, again very handy to stock up the fridge with those essentials. Zoomarine is a very good place to go to, Brisa Sol reception are able to arrange it all for you with a coach pick up. Sea Lions, Dolphins, Birds etc on show. Some rides as well, Log Flume, mini roller coaster. Very good for children/families, did get a little boring though for us after a while. Especially the tropical birds show!

The train which tours round Albufeira is priced at 3 Euros for a one day ticket. 2 Euros for a one way ticket, so you're better off getting a one day ticket for endless day use. 1 Euro for children below age 5.

Overall, very nice holiday. Would perhaps not visit Albufeira again anytime soon though as I personally didn't like it as much as Majorca"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

Go Go Go

"What a fab place (and Albufeira too)!!!!!! Anyone thinking of going - go! Anyone wondering where to go - go here!! This hotel is great. Has everything you need for an entertaining holiday - and more - gym, large swimming pool and indoor pool (which is like getting in a bath), tennis, squash, jacuzzi and massages!! The hotel is centrally located for a nice stroll down to the Old Town and round the quaint streets or a slightly longer stroll up to the New Town (or a cheap taxi/train/bus journey). Staff at the hotel are very helpful and speak excellent English (for those who can't speak Portuguese). We arrived at hotel at midday and our room was ready and waiting for us but it is standard practise in Portugal that rooms are not ready til after 2pm. I would suggest packing a bit of sun cream in your hand luggage and perhaps a change of clothes. You can ditch your cases and go for a stroll around then or out by the pool. The pool area is lovely. Sit and chat at the snack bar or retire to a sun lounger. As always people put their towels out to keep beds but if you are not an early bird (like me) then beds do become available through out the day."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

Great Aparthotel!!!

"Cant believe the people that rated this hotel terrible stayed there the same time as us!!!
The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We did have to wait for our room but i thought this was standard practice for most hotels. Thankfully the maids were really quick and we didn't have to wait too long.
The studio room was perfect for two people, very clean, spacious, television with sky news!, comfy chairs and bed. large bathroom with hairdryer and average sized balacony overlooking the sea (not pool).
It was a bit of a mad rush in the morning if you wanted a sunbed but we all had a laugh and called it wacky races.
The entertainment was enjoyable but avoid kareoke evenings the girl spends more time smoking and talking to bar staff then entertaining guests and we did complain.
The old town, more traditional portugeuse is about 10/15 mins away and the strip, a bit more lively, is about the same in the other direction. If you're too lazy to walk there is a bus (more like a little train) it costs 3 euros each but you can jump on and off all day long.
absolutely enjoyed our holiday and would definately go back."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2005

how can any one say this is a bad hotel its the Best!!

"This was my first visit to porugal and i loved every minute!! The hotel was so clean and my studio room over looking the pool was out of this world. I have just read a review with nothing but bad things to say about this hotel and i am guessing they stayed the same week as me i cant believe they were in the same hotel as me!! I didnt see one insect in my room but then i am sensible enough to take a plug in bug killer and every day the maids cleaned the room took the rubbish and would give us fresh towels. My room was directly below the bar so it was noisy at night if i was in before 1 but i didnt mind i was on holiday and it wasnt that bad! I was one of the british culprits up at 8:45 to get sun beds and parasols but there was 6 adults and 2 children in my party. I stayed for 2 weeks on my first week the sun was out from 9:00 am till 8:00 pm then 2nd week from 11:00 am till very late at night. When i arrived at the hotel i did have to wait an hour or 2 for my room but didnt mind i was hungry and thirsty so went macdonalds across the road. The only thing i thought a bit unfair about the hotel was having to pay for the jacuzzi,tennis,squash,pool and minature golf but then i suppose had it been free it would have been packed any way. The entertainment was not fantastic in the hotel but nevertheless entertaing!! plus ya got ya new strip and old town any way which the brisa sol is perfectly situated between the two. As for the person moaning about the pool being to cold what a whimp it was very hot weather so it was nice and refreshing and if ya dangle ya toes in it it is freezing but just jump in and its lovely! I met alot of people there who go year after year i dont blame them i most certainly will be going back next year! 10/10 for me!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2005

Will be back

"I work in hotels myself, so was really really looking forward to being on the "other side" of the desk,(so to speak). And we (myself, husband & 2 kids) were not disappointed. From the minute we arrived we fell in love with Portugal & the Brisa Sol. The apartment was so clean with plenty of space, towels changed everyday. The only thing is the rock hard pillows and mattresses!!!!!. But I asked the housekeeper for softer pillows and she came by 30mins later with them!! GREAT. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Also just watch around the pool, after a while it can get slippy. Both kids fell even when they were being careful. And could have done with a little freezer compartment in the fridge

We walked every night to the old town (did not go near the "Strip", as were advised not to with kids) - the selection of Restaurants was just wonderful. Prices not too bad - most expensive meal for the 4 of us on adult menus with bottle Wine and minerals - €80. But please please try the Mexican Resturant on the beach front - we went back there twice - the Ribeye Steak for €12.90 is brilliant - Best we had!!!!

So yes yes yes to the Brisa Sol - we will be back "

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2011

Fantastic Hotel.Great staff

"We have just returned from the Brisa Sol after a four day short break .We arrived early but was shown to our room straight away.The room Was very spacious.No complaints .We had room 001 which was next to Games room and internet.We did overlook car park but not a problem as we sunbathed at pool side and went down the beach when the sun moved off big balcony.
Breakfeast was plentyfull and fesh and hot.Great cake shop next door and food store. Train leaves from out side to strip and old town all day was 3.50 jump on jump off can see all this way.We went Casino to watch show and have meal Paid 49 euros included transfers lovely night.Used sauna and turkish bath in hotel nice and relaxing.Took a trip to gear IN TAXI GOST 9 EUROS great for a wet day. Will be back next year very clean .Booked through easy jet 86 pounds for for days B&B.Transfers from airport booked through yellow fish 59 euros return."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of March 2011

Hotels near Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol

Stayed at Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol

• tracy alton by tracy alton

"best restuarants are Tom & Jerrys, Freddies and Erins Isle which are all located at the strip "

• Owen Bartles by Owen Bartles

"Beautiful place with lots of lively extertainment and beautiful beaches. "

• The Broons from Edinburgh by The Broons from Edinburgh