Practically Perfect in Every Way

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"My friend and I stayed in a Casa Mitchell studio apartment and we were both highly impressed. Our room was spacious and very clean and each member of the staff was friendly and helpful. We even managed to find out the history behind the name of the building. I would recommend Casa Mitchell to anyone looking for a quiet, peaceful base near a very lively town. The best of both worlds. Only thing that stopped me from awarding a 10 was the lack of hairdrier and clothes drier in the room. Otherewise it was perfect."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2011

"burnt too bits"

Reviewed Wed 13th of July 2011

"Very clean and spacious apartments. Nice pool area. air con and tv were free of charge, only used the tv to listen to vh1 music.good self catering equipment fridge freezer, spotless microwave, hob, loads of crockery and utensils. iron and ironing board. massive sized bathroom with 4 piece suite.reception was across the road, we only used that to check in and out, ameila on reception was very nice. cleaners done a very good job aswell. nice balcony with upto date furniture.would definately recommend this accomodation. weather very hot and humid hence burnt too bits. when venturing out everyday had to go uphill and downhill, in the heat this was quite breath taking, abit like the views. overall a good holiday but to many banks and steps to want to return."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2011

bad souvenir

Reviewed Fri 29th of October 2010

"I was in casa mitchel 20 yeats ago,it was lovely....very green with a grapefruit tree very old and lots of roses,the owners ,lovely people.........now it's change much,much worst,what open to thath wonderful family?
next year i go to neptune apartments,rigth beside........
lovely memories from mitchel house in 1987.......eden."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of April 2010

To Nico okeydokey

Reviewed Tue 7th of July 2009

"Lovely time spent at Casa MItchell, Apartment spotless, bedding superb along with kitchen facilites and bathroom were outstanding.
Very good security, extremely helpful staff, delightful pool area.
The Lady Owner was very friendly and welcoming and made us feel right at home.
Would highly recommend this hotel to all ages..
Made a life long friend in Nico (manager) who we nicknamed Nico Okeydokey..
Many thanks and best wishes to everyone at Casa Mitchell.."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of July 2009

Casa Mitchell - Highly Recommended By Me!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"We stayed for 7 peaceful nights at The Casa Mitchell. We had a newly refurbished (huge) apartment. Although we gather all the apartments are on the large side. The whole place was spotless, you could smell the cleanliness. The owners, housekeepers and maintenace staff were very helpful. The quietness was due to not having a pool side bar (no being blasted out of bed in the morning by music, not that we mind loud music in the right place!) There are a couple of bars within a very short walk, also a tapas bar and a restaurant. And it's not too far down to the Old Town Square.
Would recommend Casa Mitchell for couples, especially those looking for some chill-out time."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

This was our first time to portugal. The...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"This was our first time to portugal. The Casa Mitchell Apartments were excellent!
Very Clean and spacious. We had a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and Garden.
The staff were very friendly and there was maid service everyday. I would highly recommend the restaurante solgamba,which is next door. Very good food and service,and good value for money.The beech is nearby and there is a good selection of bars on route.
We would definately go back again and highly recommend these apartments and resort."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Ideal location Casa Mitchell Apartments

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"These apartments are ideally located if you want to be near the main town but far enough away not to hear the noise. A five minute walk on the way down...a bit harder on the way back as it is uphill!

The apartment was just what we were looking for as a couple with an 11 year old son. My son's bed was the sofa bed in the living area. He got the best deal as unfortunately our beds were so hard we didnt really get a good nights sleep. Despite that, and the tiny bathroom, it was just right for our purposes. The furntiure is a bit dated but the whole apartment is kept very clean. The owners are friendly and there is no need to fight for pool side sun beds as there are plenty to go round!

We hired a car via the reception area and got 4 days hire for little more than £100. There are so many places to visit in the Algarve I would definately recommend hiring a car and doing some exploring.

There are plenty of restuarants in Albufeira so we didnt get to use much of the kitchen facilities - great for me because I didnt want to cook anyway!

Cant think of anything negative to say really as we had a great holiday and didn't want to come home!!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

PRACTICALLY FAULTLESS

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Totally over the moon with our stay in these excellent apartments. Exceptionally clean rooms and pool area. Friendly and helpful management and staff. Very quiet location and the least crowded pool area I have ever experienced. The pool area is small but set in a pretty garden with plenty of sun beds and a small section of grass. All rooms have balconies. The nosiest thing about this location was the fact that the harbour area is undergoing a refurb and the seagulls, one family in particular, has moved their nest to somewhere very near the Casa Mitchell. However, that's not the fault of the hotel and it's only a minor annoyance at times. We went into town to the square most evenings during our week's stay but to be honest, we found the best food and best value at Gabi's sports bar and restaurant located just around the corner from the Casa Mitchell. Owned by an Austiran couple, Gabi and Fred who speak German and Fluent English (and Dutch I believe). Great menu choice and portion sizes. Tandoori Nights Indian restaurant is also worth a mention. I didn't particularly care to eat anywhere in the square etc. apart from breakfasts or lunch as we had tip offs from other guests about poor service and food so we just stuck to what we know we liked. It was quite a steep climb from the town back to the apartments but it keeps you fit and helps you walk off the food. I didn't see a taxi cab all the time we were out there. The nearest bus stop was about a 5 minute walk away. It was great not having any children staying there. No offence but now I am older and my family is grown, I appreciate a child free zone. I can thoroughly recommend these small and friendly apartments to those who like to say away from the noise and who appreciate clean & comfortable surroundings."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2008

Having visited Portugal on more than one...

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"Having visited Portugal on more than one occasion myself and wife knew Albufeira very well. Staying at the Casa Mitchell complex can only be described as a pure delight. The appartment was second to none, spotlessly clean, daily maid service (except Sunday & Bank Holidays) including towels. All fixtures and fixings were to a very high standard. The outside area was very comfortable with lots of privacy and never a problem finding an empty sun lounger. The pool was tidy but did lack a high level of cleainess (dirty edge at water level) this seemed to be due to rushed cleaning every morning.

All staff were very friendly and went out of there way to help you out.

The Casa Mitchell I would highly reccommend for a perfect getaway for couples"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

my husband and i did allocated on arriv...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"my husband and i did allocated on arrival for the 1st time we were very impressed with the casa mitchell, yes it was a long trek uphill from the beach but it also meant you could get a good nights sleep, as you were far enough from all the noise although it was only 3.90 euros for a taxi back so no problem, i honestly believe if you are looking for a relaxing holiday you will be hard pressed to find anywhere better than casa mitchell, the maid cleaned every day except sunday and the towels and bedding changed as regular as you could expect from a 4* also the pool was cleaned on a regular basis so take my advice book it and enjoy yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Lovely clean apartments but it was not m...

Reviewed Mon 21st of July 2008

"Lovely clean apartments but it was not mentioned anywhere in the First choice website/brochure that the walk to the beach and main bars is about 15 minutes down a steep hill! Which means coming back from the beach is a hard slog uphill!! Not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
The pool was small and much overlooked from other apartments, our view from our balcony was a wire fence!
Luckily my boyfriend and I are fit and healthy so the walk wasn’t a real problem. We spent hardly anytime in the apartments as Albufeira is wonderful and I highly recommended it.
I just think it should be noted that these apartments are not suitable for people with walking/health problems.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of July 2008

Usual excellent standard

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Just back after our third stay at Casa Mitchell (previous was 2005) and must say that the excellent standard has been maintained . Suspected it would be with the same owner in charge , but still great to have it confirmed . Very attentive at reception , room , stairs , pool and sun bathing areas all well maintained . Albeit with a minor flooding incident caused by other guests attempting to dispose of articles down W.C.
Bar/Restaurant next door has new owners and is a good spot for lunch , dinner , or nightcap , with no pressure to get your custom just friendly greetings as you pass . Great location for the Old Town where we had excellent meals in O Tunel , Tres Coronas , Cabana Fresca (at Fisherman's Beach) , Beach Basket and Bravas Steakhouse . Not so good meal at O Penedo with a very much ' take it or leave it attitude '
Will certainly retun to Casa Mitchell"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

Hotels near Casa Mitchell Apartments

Top traveller tips for Casa Mitchell Apartments

• Katie Scarlett by Katie Scarlett

"Needs somewhere to hang wet towels etc. "

Casa Mitchell Apartments is also called