Good Value, well located

Reviewed Fri 22nd of January 2016

"I liked the fact that this hotel is quiet, and so well placed that the tour bus pick up is literally half a block away, and the walk to the old city of 5 minutes is picturesque. my room was clean, the bed firm, the reading chair was "firm" and the lighting was not the best for reading, but I managed. I must say the hot water was superb and the bath tub cozy. I carry my own flat plug, otherwise I would not have been able to use their antiquated plug. view from my balcony picture perfect. what I would have liked, and don't know why I didn't ask, was for a cozy blanket for when I was reading. quilt was heavy. room was well cleaned daily. I had breakfast included, lovely fresh fruits, breads as well as hot and cold selections. This hotel shows its age, but for value and location can't be beat. I found staff very accommodating and friendly. "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of January 2016

never again

Reviewed Thu 31st of October 2013

"Stayed at Boa Vista for 9 nights found it very much like a library and quiet staff not very friendly the graveyard to the left had more life
the rooms were very basic not very clean the view from our room did not compensate the other things . We went bed and breakfast and it was very poor same thing every morning no variation ."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of October 2013

Great Hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2011

"Just returned from a week away and stayed in this hotel. The staff were very helpful and arranged and booked all our excursions. The bus stop was literally opposite the hotel. It had free internet access in the lobby and great sea views. Room was cleaned every day. Only 10 minutes walk to the beach and old town where there are lovely restaurants on the square. Cheaper to book online. "

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2011

Hotel Adequate

"Having just returned from staying 10 nights this hotel
is only of a 3* standard. Our room was fairly small, but very
clean. The air conditioning is not great and we complained
but the engineer said that he could not improve it in our room.
The staff on the reception desk were not that friendly, especially
a young lady who did not know how to smile !
The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpfull.
The location of the hotel requires a lot of walking both to the
beach and the town, but the views were excellent.
Overall I would not return to this hotel, as this is not a 4* hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

Fine hotel but not 4stars

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Just returned from a 4 day break and was plesently surprised how good the hotel was.Some of the reviews was not very pleasing to read, but we found out for ourselves. The hotel is perfect for peace and quiet but not too far from the nightlife of the Old Town. In general it is very clean and tidy, the room we had i think had just been refurbished and was very nice. I had no towels once and phoned reception and within 5 mins we had some. All in all its not as bad a hotel as other people have described but its definatly not a 4star hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We have returned from a week staying at the Boa Vista and we were very impressed with our choice of hotel.

We stayed in a standard double room which was basic but clean especillay the bathroom which was immaculate. There was a complmentary fruit basket and bottle of wine and the view from our room was stunning.

The poolside was lovely and quiet and the pool was clean but quite deep.

I found all of the staff to be friendly particularly the waiters and waitresses.

Meals at the hotel were lovely in particularly the barbecue night which offered four courses for only 15 euro.

The location of the hotel was brilliant, very quiet but only a 5 minute walk away from the beach and night life.

Over all very impressed and would definatly stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Great place and location

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I have stayed at the hotel Boa Vista several times and was happy to see that they have made some improvements. The top floor was converted from a dining room to new large ocean view rooms with balcony (Mundo Portugues room).

The hotel is situated away from the noiser part of the Old Town but still just a 3-5 minute walk to the restaurants, bars and town square. It has a great pool relative to the area and decent breakfast buffet (included with price)

When you walk down to the main part of the Old Town, stop in at the Steps Bar which is located on the steps leading down to the tunnel. Its a little pub and the bartenders Sarah and Jason are great.

The only problem i had this time was the air conditioner, which was broken for most of the hotel guests during my stay. I haven't had this problem during my past visits and hopefully I won't

I look at the Hotel Boa Vista this way..... I don't go in expecting a 5 star hotel and therefore I'm not dissapointed."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

needs management!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We have stayed at this hotel on and off since 1971.It has a great location and pool with panoramic views. A recent overhall has seen the elimination of the beautiful dining room,now incorporated with the no view coffee shop. The appearance of the rooms and hall ways gave the impression the paint job had been done on the cheap with minimal clean up.We had an executive room which while large and quite inmpressive on first glance,on closer srcutiny left a lot to be desired.The sofa was badly stained, the bed without box spring was so hard, the curtains were off the rod,the balconey was filthy,the air conditioning did not work.I brought this to the attention of the front desk who came to the room and said they would fix things. The air conditioninmg was the biggest issue for us as it was so hot and while they tried to fix it, after two nights of over 95 dgrees in the room we checked out.None of the other issues were addressed.
After watching us pay the bill and walk past reception with our suitcases they then suggested we try another room!. The management are clearly to blame for this has the potential to be a great little gem,as it once was . The staff are weak with the exception of Manuel Garcia who has been there for many years and has always looked after us so well."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

Great views & decor but always room for improvement.

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Great location! Far enough from the noise of the main entertainment areas but close enough to be in the middle of all the action with a short walk. Great views and the hotel is nicely decorated. Wished the spa was complete to enjoy all of the treatments but only massage was open and it was professional and relaxing. The restaurant had a nice slection for breakfast as well as for dinner. The staff in the resturant and spa were fantastic while I felt the rest of the staff needed a refresher course in customer service. Housekeeping was ok but not consistant. About 3 blocks from the hotel there was a great Tapas bar called Al'Face (Rua Latino Coelha, 14). A nice place for coffee or dinner and it had internet access. Also across the street from Al'Face there is a fantastic restaurant with amazing views from it's deck. Food and service was great at both.
Being that I live in a resort community and that I am in the business I can say that this is a good value but don't expect the moon and stars. My partner and I were there for our 50th birthdays and found it best to enjoy the company you are with and let yourself have a great time. Don't sweat the small stuff."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of July 2006

Nice Hotel when finished, staff not brilliant

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The hotel is an unpolished diamond! The location is superb and views are straight out of a holiday brochure, the rooms are nice, clean and modern although still unfinished (we had no balcony lights fitted yet.)
The dining area is nice and breakfast had a good selection of cereals, breads, eggs, hot / cold meats and drinks. The pool area is nice but very quiet and the pool is VERY cold! The sunbeds were in need of a bit of TLC as well.
The interior of the hotel and decor of the reception area is magnificent. The thing that really lets the hotel down is the staff, unhelpful and miserable! also when we asked to keep a room on for 6 hours after checkout they wanted 38 euros! The cleaning of rooms was also shocking, a quick sweep round and that was about it! towel changing was also a bit random and we had to phone reception one evening to get towels as we had not been left any clean ones.
All in all a good base and for the money it was good value."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006

Great location, terrible service

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This hotel is greatly located for easy (but steep!) access to the beach and surrounding restaurants and night life. The views from the rooms and pool area are straight out to the sea and really lovely.
The service in the restaurant and bar was really friendly but the reception service was just a joke.
On arrival we were told check in was at 2pm, we were allowed to go to our rooms at 4pm.
They were rude and completely unhelpful, making you feel like you were asking for a huge personal favour when all you want is a telephone number for a local restaurant.
Towels for the pool were also a really tough matter for them to deal with. Despite being told that they would supply us with them, when we got there we found out they arrive at 3pm (just in time for sunset) and that they only get about 7 a day. Not bad for a fully booked hotel.
These peolpe were just pig ignorant or plain dumb. It was like trying to communicate with a really unfriendly brick wall."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

Good Hotel (but not 4*)

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Visited the BoaVista Easter break April 2006, stayed at the for 5days hotel is nice but definatley not 4*.Room was large with twin beds some furniture was a little tired and miss match, bathroom modern(think they had been refurbished)and clean and had bottled water and fruit in room which was a nice touch also a mini fridge(empty).Had a sea view room with balcony which had table and chairs but did need a sweep!!! Breakfast was a buffet style with cold meats and cheese,s, fruit, breads and jams. The hotel is up a hill so be prepared for a steep walk down to the village and beach (only takes 10mins) the pool could do with a clean but there is a sun terrace to sun bath on with fantastic views. 10min walk away is the old town with plenty of bars and resturants or you can get the tourist bus 3euros for the day which takes you to the strp (bars and resturants again but a lot more lively and ideal for younger people) and other areas. The beachs are fab and clean and the weather was fantastic for this time of year!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006

Hotels near Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa

Top traveller tips for Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa

• barnsley by barnsley

"dont go if you want some fun in your holiday "

• Holly P by Holly P

"definitely ideal spot for someone using the local tour operators to see the area. "

Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa is also called