Belmonte Apartments

Quinta da Bellavista, Albufeira 8200-915 Portugal

Good

great spacious apartments with excellent staff

"There were 13 of us staying in 3 apartments a mixture of adults, teenagers and young children. We loved these apartments as they were a small complex and there was no trouble getting sun loungers and the children practically had the pool to themselves. all sun loungers had mattresses which were free. There was a small poolside snack bar which was cheap and cheerful altough sometimes slow. The apartments were a 20 min walk from the strip and a 10-15 min walk to the old town. There was a large supermarket just at the bottom of the hill which had everything you would want on holiday and quite cheap as well. There was a lovely bar just 100 yrds from the apartments which was good craic and sold a pint of local beer for just €1.50. Other than some of the other guests who insisted that we be quiet all the time we would definitely stay here again. Although this was no fault of the owner of the apartments."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of August 2010

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY

"Stayed here for 10 days with my husband, our two youngest boys 12 + 8 + my eldest son, his wife + my grandaughter 3. We had 2 apartments, one 2 bedroom + a 1 bedroom which were huge with 1st class kitchen facilities. The staff were brilliant + maid service excellent. Because of the ash cloud we ended up staying for an extra 2 nights. We goit to the airport to be told we had to come back 2 days later + see if flights had resumed. At first we panicked having had checked out but as soon as I rang I was told it was no problem + just to come straight back. When we got back the staff had moved everything we had left there including fridge contents to 2 other apartments. Albufeira is a lovely resort especially the old town. The modelo supermarket is brill + so cheap, would be great to do your weekly shop in at home (everything is so fresh, more than can be said for tesco) All in all a fantastic holiday, will definately return to stay at the Belmonte."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2010

I just felt at home...

"Location - walking distance to the Old Town (where you can find restaurants, bars, shops), walking distance to the beach (about 15min), very close to big supermarkets (great if you want to stock up the apartment with drinks, food etc. For those who prefer to walk a journey taxi to the Old Town or to the Strip is about 4Euros, and no more than that! It's located on a residential area so very quiet during the night which was great!

Rooms - I stayed on a T1 right in front of the swimming pooll. You can get up in the morning, open the balcony door, walk about 5meters and jump in the swimming pool. Rooms in the apartment are very spacious, bright, clean, big doors with balconies. Kitchen has all bits and bobs you need for cooking as well as microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge, hob, oven... etc.

Service - Great people working in there, they made me feel very welcome and at home. Very familiar environment. Extremely helpful, always trying their best to answer to your questions regarding things to do in the area, booking, etc.

Hope Belmonte Apartments stays like that, it's a place I will be definitely come back on my long and short holidays."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of July 2010

Enjoyed the Belmonte, great location

"We had a great fortnight at the Belmonte and on our first week practically had the pool to ourselves. Clean tidy apartments with regular maid service. Owner is extremely friendly and willing to book you on any local excursions. The Belmonte is in a great location roughly 15 mins walk to the old town or the strip but it is extremely cheap to take a taxi here as the standard price is 3euros 90 anywhere around Albufeira. We would certainly go back to these apartments and recommend them.

Alison and Mike from Scotland"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Very Lovely Apartments

"We stayed here for a week last month - 27 May to 4 June 2008. The 2 bedroom apartment that we had was lovely and spacious! Cleaners came everyday, which was good, but in a way a nuisance when you want to sleep late after a busy drinking night!!

The area around the pool was clean although very tight especially when there are young children playing ball and splashing water on you - quite irritating if you just want peace and quiet.

Overall, the accommodation is superb and I would recommend it to anyone - singles, family etc. If I was to return to Albufeira, I would definitely stay there."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

Charming apartments

"We have just returned from a weeks' stay at the Belmonte Apartments during which we found no fault at all with the accomodation. The apartments are spacious and comfortable and decorated in a traditinonal style. We were lucky enough to have an apartment which opened directly onto the pool. The pool area was very peaceful and set in a pretty garden which was never busy. The owners were friendly and helpful in a low key way and I would say due to the tranquility of the accomodation it is best suited to young families and couples. The apartments themselves are 15 minutes walk downhill to the old town or the 'strip'. Do note however, this walk is along a fairly busy dual carriageway. The beach is a further few minutes walk away. Not sure I would rush back to Albufeira but if I did return I would be more than happy to stay at these charming apartments."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Little Oasis

"Booked this after seeing previous reviews. It definitely lived up to our expectations. Rooms are very spacious, we had a 1 bedroomed apt on the 1st floor overlooking the pool/garden area. Basic but very clean. The owners are very friendly and laid back. My parents came with us for the first week staying in a ground floor apartment, location not ideal for them as they are elderly but still managed to walk into the 'old town' approx 10-15 mins walk and we all shared a taxi back (very cheap). We thought it was a better ambience here than the 'strip' which was the other side of town again about the same distance from the apartments.
We would not hesitate to book here again."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

FANTASTIC

"Stayed here again this year, our 5th year we have been there.

This place is great and you should try it out, don't forget though that it is 3 star, but the location, owners and general feel of the place is fantastic.

We would not stay anywhere else in in the algarve, I cant see how you could get a better place!

Going again next year!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

just fab

"just spent two weeks at the belmonte appartments,albufiera

the best place for family,s with kids any age, safe,clean,quiet,
absolutly fab would recomend to anyone, paulo & his wife
great, will be going back again next year, 15 min walk to the
strip/old town taxi,s cheap so you dont have to walk (3.50eur)
either way,
dont miss out on this place."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Great Place To Stay

"Booked a weeks holiday through sunshine.co.uk to the belmonte after reading several reviews and glad I did. The place is a little gem, yes its basic and could do with a makeover but myself and my partner were more than happy with the place remember it states 3 star. The apartment has a large living room which incorparates the kitchen, it provides-marble top work surface with intergrated sink, fridge, full size cooker, microwave,kettle,toaster,cutlery plates etc(tip take a tin opener). There is a dining table and 4 chairs large seating area which easily could provide 2 sleeping a television with english channels and plenty of storage areas.
The bathroom has bath with shower,toilet,bidet and sink set in marble.In the bedroom you have two single beds and again plenty of storage.
The apartments are two story high, we were on the second floor with balcony overlooking the lovely well kept gardens and pool.
The staff are always there to help answering any questions and even ringing a taxi if you require one, supermarkets as stated within easy walking distance.
The apartments are a great location between the old town and the strip both being 15 to 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes via taxi (around 4.00 euro).
Great place to eat is the sizzling stone, bars well to many to mention but enjoyed the 60s bar and the empty glass both at the top end of the strip.
I will be going back next year and to these apartments so beware Anna,ha.
To are friends we met there,Carol,Dom,Joe and Shelia, miss you all already,your all stars. "

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2011

Myself my husband and my brother and sis...

"Myself my husband and my brother and sister in law stayed in a two bedroom apartment at the Belmonte Apartments for a week in May.

It was excellent, the room was very spacious, clean and well equipped. It was cleaned every day and towels changed, the pool was clean and well maintained.

The whole complex was very nice and the staff were very helpful.

A supermarket is close by and there is a regular bus service to the old town and the strip. It takes approx 15mins to walk to the old town or the strip, although the taxis are very cheap.

We all enjoyed our stay at the Belmonte apartments and could find no faults at all. We will definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

I’ve recently just returned from the B...

"I’ve recently just returned from the Belmonte Apartments in Albufeira after staying there for a week with my husband and two kids. I can’t find anything to fault this holiday at all and believe it is one of the best we’ve enjoyed so far.

There are only 25 apartments in this complex so it’s fairly quiet and very good for families as the pool area doesn’t get very busy. At the busiest day at the pool there must have been at least 8 people in it. I much prefer to have it quieter rather than rowdy.

These apartments are centrally located as there are plenty of shops, McDonald’s, supermarkets etc on hand. About 10 minutes walk away is the fisherman’s beach and the strip. There is also a bus like train that runs every 10 minutes or so from the bottom of the road across from McDonalds to the strip and the fisherman’s beach.

The apartments themselves are modern and clean and are cleaned and towels are changed daily by the maids. This shouldn’t be 2 keys accommodation.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this resort and would definitely consider going back again next year.

The staff in attendance were also happy to help with any problems you had. Definitely a must for families looking for a quiet night’s sleep and with young kids."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

Hotels near Belmonte Apartments

Stayed at Belmonte Apartments? Share your insight.

Belmonte Apartments is also called