Good
Good

terrible apartment

Reviewed 4th November 2013

"What a dump. smelly dirty rooms all cupboards and wardrobes have a musty smell bathrooms a disgrace,broken tiles,dirty grouting, smelly. If you are already booked email them and ask for one of the newer rooms. If you go and are given a rotten room please make a fuss, I wish I had, this was the 3rd room i saw so i did get moved, they where all bad. I did ask for an upgrade which I was willing to pay for they said they where full, seemed very quiet to me.I still cringe thinking about this place Good points there are some, lovely gardens,lovely pools."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2013

Don't go self catering

Reviewed 20th December 2011

"Location of this hotel was ok and the hotel from the outside looked good. Thought the receptionist could have been welcoming on arrival. When we arrived at the room we were shocked at how dirty it was the smell in the room was disgusting and so were the stains on the bedding. The bathroom sink and bath had cracks. Due to Health and Saftey implications found another hotel. "

• Travel date: 19th December 2011

Amazing Ocean View Apartments

Reviewed 19th October 2011

"My wife and I just spent a wonderful week at the alfagar Village in an Ocean View apartment Oct 9-17 during the end of the local season . It was amazing period. Waking up to the lapping ocean waves along the coast was therapy in itself. Being able to cook our own meals was great (the real supermarket is only about 1 mile walk from the village so no need to spend 20-40% more in the tiny market in the village). There are a number of pools both for little kids and grown ups so you don't have to be bothered by screaming running kids if you don't have them or don't want to be around them :-). The beach was absolutely magical while we were there. The water was pa perfect temperature. just jump in to cool down and take a few laps before going back to either your own towel or the plenty of rentable chairs with or without umbrellas. I created some videos that you can watch on gigstarz.com of the room and the beach. Beach - http://www.gigstarz.com/PerformanceChat.aspx?sid=1381&g=32&sg=129 Hotel Room - 2/213 - http://www.gigstarz.com/PerformanceChat.aspx?sid=1380&g=32&sg=129"

• Travel date: 18th October 2011

alfagar apartments

Reviewed 23rd September 2011

"we went to the Alfagar in 2010 and returned again this year 2011 because we liked it so much the first time, it was just as good the second time if not better.The staff did everything they could to help and nothing was too much for them.The rooms were cleaned 3 times a week and the towels were changed 3 times a week as well.Lots to do on the complex but the town is about a 15 minute walk away for all the shops and resturants. The beaches are closer, down some steep steps but there are some really great beaches a 10 minute walk away.The weather was good all week, no rain, 25 degrees most days and 29 on 2 of the days we were there. We might even go there again in 2012."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2011

Great family holiday!!

Reviewed 7th June 2011

"Having just returned from staying at the Alfagar 1 apartments, I felt I had to write a great review. This was our third time at the Alfagar and we always have a great holiday. We stayed in a spacious 2 bedroomed apartment which seemed to have been recently refurbished. We had a beautiful side sea view, and although our apartment was quite near to the main hotel (alfagar 2), we didn't experience too much noise from the entertainment at night. Even when it was quite noisy it appeared to quieten down after 11pm. Our apartment was cleaned 3 times in the week we stayed there and the whole complex was very clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The apartments are near to the beach with access down the steep steps (when the tide is out!) or a walk down the road. Our children loved all the pools, especially the splash pools and slides. We would definatley stay here when we next visit the Algarve. "

• Travel date: 5th June 2011

Excellent.

Reviewed 29th September 2010

"Me,my husband and 5 (we now have 7!)children had a wonderful holiday here in October 2007.The staff were friendly and helpful, the bar food was tasty, plentyful and fairly cheap, compared to many other places. The rooms were roomy and very clean.The only mild complaint was the temp of the pools,however,it was October.We stayed in our own villa last year quite close to the strip but we wished we'd gone back to Alfagar.We'll be back!"

• Travel date: 28th September 2010

4th visit to alfagar, need i say more

Reviewed 27th April 2010

"perfect position, lovely walk to strip (15 mins, beautiful beach walk to old town (30ish mins). This is our 4th visit to Alfagar apartments and I have to say we have never stayed in any as clean anywhere. The new Alfagar aparthotel is stunning. Staff friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend these apartments."

• Travel date: 25th April 2010

fantastic

Reviewed 7th December 2009

"this is the first foreign holiday my friend has had in quite a long time, i could not have picked a better place to bring her to, she fell in love with portugal. and the alfagar apartments, we are going back very early in 2010. The apartments are spotless as are the grounds and the whole complex, i have nothing but praise for all the staff we met.Highly recomemned this wonderful place."

• Travel date: 6th December 2009

i wish i was der now

Reviewed 20th January 2009

"i wasnt sure about staying in these apartments because i thought it would be to far from shops and bars that id liked from my previous trips to the algarve but it wasnt the apartment i stayed in was very spacious it was right beside the bar but i didnt effect me at all nor did it affect my baby sister from sleeping over all my stay at the alfagar wasthe best and i hope to go back in 2009."

• Travel date: 20th January 2009

Reviewed 13th October 2008

"Me, my husband and my 3 yrs old daughter went to the Alfagar Appt in Albuferia for 1 week on the 2nd oct. Firstly the weather was amazing. We had on off cloud for 2 days but was still beautiful. The appt was on the ground floor round the back from the pool and ok it didnt have an amazing view but i didnt plan on sitting around looking around so it was all ok. It was clean and maids came 5 days a week towels changed twice and appt was modern enough with Cbeebies & Cbbc on the Tv if needed. The pools were really good - one shallow, one both shallow and deep(ish) & one that was shallow and nearly 3 metres deep. The location to old and new Albuferia was ideal (15 mins walk to new and about 30 mins + to old or adveraging 4-5 Euros in taxi to old. It is really beautiful there and plenty to do. Cardiac hill now has an escalator to help with the big hill. Cash machine only 5 mins walk on first turn to righ when heading in Albuferia direction form Appts. Food was lovely and the variety locally is brilliant from fish to chicken,beef, mexican, pizza etc the list is endless. There is a curry house on the road at the bottom of the strip - its to you right as you come off the strip and is a little cafe. It doesnt look much but is wonderful. Drinks and food at bar on site are nice too. Prices not too bad. Staff bit grumpy sometimes but service quick and i wasnt there to make friends with them and spent alot of time out in villages so didnt let it get to me. We hired a car for 4 days and with booster seat full insurance and good car was 142 Euro and gave us the chance to expore a little. Slide and splash is brilliant for all ages and Vilamoura beach and the marina are stunning. All i can say is for my husband and i and especially my daughter it was a prefect holiday & for £421 s/c for the 3 of us i was so happy. I would definatly pay more if needed & will be returning. "

• Travel date: 13th October 2008

We have just returned from a week's holi...

Reviewed 17th April 2008

"We have just returned from a week's holiday at the Alfagar apartments. Before we left home we were advised by Thomas Cook that there was building work going on at the apartment block. With some trepidation we decided to go ahead with the holiday and make the most of it. We were glad that we did. We found the building work was not in any way intrusive nor were the sounds of the building encroaching on our peace. The holiday was great. The apartments were all that you could ask for and the staff friendly and helpful. All in all a really good holiday and I would recommend anyone who is worrying about the building work not to."

• Travel date: 17th April 2008

We have recently found out that the holi...

Reviewed 27th March 2008

"We have recently found out that the holiday we booked last year with Airtours, are carrying out building work ( building new apartment to the front of the hotel). Also they are carrying out refurbishment to the exsisting block which we would be staying at. The refurbishments being carried out , installing new air conditioning units, and replacing water pipes, noise will be experienced, particularly near the main pool. We are taking our first family holiday , with our 19 month old son. We have explained to Thomas Cook that this would not be suitable for us and the response we got was basically were not interested. The letter we received from the Operations Department regarding this and was shown to the manager at our local Thomas Cook travel agents ,she did't seem to think there was a problem with the building work being carried out, and that we should carry on with the holiday, but in the letter alternative accommodation can be offered,and hasn't been. Thomas Cook have done nothing to help us to find alternative accommodation, and trying to speak to someone at the Operations Department is incredible - I have more of a chance winning the jackpot lottery !!!"

• Travel date: 27th March 2008

Hotels near Alfagar Village

Top traveller tips for Alfagar Village

• by Em

"Friendly,clean,value for money,peaceful location"

• by belfast boy

"When you see it you will fall in love with it."

• by pip

"Standard of Cleanliness, common courtesy. "

• by Lindy 123

"demand one of the newer updated apartments"

• by ROenb

"Internet is not avaialbel in all aparmtnets (only alfagar II apartments). Othewise it's 5 euro in the reservation area or free at the outsi..."

• by portugal_d_bst

"i did not eat out but the restuarant was lovely in the apartments"

• by portugal_d_bst

"you might see stephen gerard"

Alfagar Village is also called