Hôtel Port Palace

Don't Stay At the Port Palce Monaco-Customer Service Appalling

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"This is the WORST hotel for customer service I have EVER encountered anywhere in the world. I was overcharged for my stay the Port Palace when I checked out. Unfortunately for some reason my credit card was taking ages to go through when I checked out so the cashier cancelled the transaction and I paid cash. When I got home I saw on my statement that the transaction had indeed gone through. So I had been charged twice for the one night. Not cheap either - 270 euro per night. Obviously I got straight on to the hotel an explained I had been overcharged. After various emails back and forth I faxed them a copy of the hotel bill showing the account was settled by cash the day I checked out and a copy of smy tatement showing my card had also been charged. It seemed pretty starightforward. Refund me the extra payment. Firstly they agreed. Then they retracted it, said they checked their security cameras and that I had used my card. I said that if they were looking at the right person (which I don't see how they would know if they were) they would also have seen me paying cash. I explained that it was simply resolved by refunding me the extra payment and that I had sent them all the documnetation to prove what had happened. Then I was told they would have to check with the cashier who did the transaction to see if he could remember anything about it. What a joke, these guys see countless people check in and out every day, he'd hardly remember a tiny thing like this which wasn't even an issue at the time. But get this he's on holidays and isn't back till September! Basically they refused to believe what I was telling them and were more or less accusing me of being a liar. To this point I still haven't had a satisfactory resolution to it. IT 's quite simply THE WORST example of how to treat your customers that I've ever experience and I won't ever be going back to the Port Palace or any Steinway hotels for that matter. I don't advise anyone else to either who doesn't want this hassle. I intend to pursue it till I resolve it my satisfaction. As a side issue the hotels in Monaco aren't great in general. A 3 star hotel is basically the equivalent of a 2 star hotel in any other city. Unless you're prepared to dig deep into your pocket you won't find value in any of the city based hotels. Maybe a B&B on the outskirts of the city is your best option. in Beausoleil perhaps. Verdict: Beware"

• Travel date: 3rd September 2006

Great rooms, great view!

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"We stayed at Port Palace for 3 nights during August 2006. The hotel's location is amazing, just in the harbor and 5 min walk from the Casino. We had a superior double suite at the fifth floor, maybe one of the largest rooms we have ever stayed. Should you decide to visit, reserve a room at a higher floor since the rooms at the first floor dont have the same nice view of the harbor. The staff was not very helpful and it needed a lot of pushing to give us information on hotels, places to see etc. Also Pay TV didnt work and it was not even fixed during our 3 nights stay. In general, the hotel is overpriced for the services it delivers (the incidentals are extremely expensive and breakfast as well)but it is worth to visit it if you would like to spend some time in a deluxe hotel located in the heart of Monte Carlo."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2006

Fantastic views and location

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"We have just come back from a 2 night stay in this hotel and i would highly recommend it. It is situated in the harbour area which is very central and the casino and restuarants are all within walking distance. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the rooms were fantastic. Overall we had a brilliant time and i would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: 16th July 2006

Swish Hotel!

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"We stayed at the Port Palace for a long weekend in september 05. Frankly, it's worth going just for the view from the roof terrace. The view over the harbour is spectacular day or night, and the view from the rooms is just as good if you get on one the higher floors. The rooms are really well finished with nice touches, including a big plasma at the foot of the bed, and a great bathroom. The only thing i would say is stay away from the Mini-Bar unless you have a strong heart. You'll need it if you see the prices!"

• Travel date: 19th April 2006

Awesome!!!

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"So my wife and I got to monte carlo expecting snobs and the worst france could offer. Needless to say we were blown away. Orbitz lost our reso upon arrival, and the staff was so very nice, they gave us the suite at no extra charge.... The area was amazing and were used to RITZ, FAIRMONT, etc... Penthaligons in the bath, plush everything plasma tvs and the view. The breakfast while about 30.00 was amazing still the best omolette ive had... be prepared to flash your bling, LV, PRADA etc if you want to keep up with the jones's... Location was great a short walk to casino and other establishments.. All in all the best place we stayed on our trip through the south of france."

• Travel date: 31st March 2006

Ten out of ten!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"This hotel is absolutely fantastic and luxurious. The hotel manager immediately offered us a free upgrade to a suite on arrival! The location is right on Port Hercule - you cannot get any more central or as picturesque a location. The design element of this hotel is very carefully thought out - fresh flowers all over our room. Find some of the bad reviews on this hotel hard to believe - we can't imagine that there would be a problem - staff were really helpful. However, restaurant service IS slow and sloppy but the St Benoit restaurant next door but one to the hotel (up the public lift) is fantastic and excellent value for money. Graeme Jones, London, W1, UK"

• Travel date: 7th February 2006

Not secure!

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"I have to admit that the hotel, room, food, view, etc. was good, but something so bad happened that I don't really care! A big Louis Vuitton bag which I had bought in Cannes for approx. 900 €, two days before I left Monaco, just disappeared from the room! As I only noticed this while packing, one hour before I left the hotel, I didn't have enough time to fight for it. The hotel staff absolutely did nothing! They said that it wasn't possible for such a thing to happen, that they couldn't blame and interrrogate their staff and that if I wanted, I could go to the Police. As I did not want to miss my plane, I could'nt do anything but I still get so angry when I think about it. So, I definitely do not recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: 27th December 2005

Beautiful views & Well Located

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"My wife and I came to the Port Palace for a night before we went on to Cannes. The staff were very friendly, the room was great, with a fantastic view over the most expensive yachts I've ever seen. The roof terrace was nice - breakfast was good, and you are a 5 minute walk from the Casino Royal and the center of Monaco. Really impressed."

• Travel date: 4th November 2005

Honey moon night

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"June 4h, even if we are from Nice, our friends offered us a night in Port Palace, really impressive even if sometimes you get the feeling that you are in an abandoned hospital. Flat TV, bath/jacuzi + shower! We loved it! The curtains were so thick that we slept until 2pm..."

• Travel date: 6th October 2005

Excellent

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel in June. They proposed a promotion due to the new management. Exceptional value at 220 Euros B&B. We got a Deluxe Room on the fifth floor overlooking the harbour and the castle. Great! Personnel very kind and professional. Flowers decoration amazing. Just one thing to be improved: the speed of service at breakfast."

• Travel date: 29th August 2005

Hotels near Port Palace Hotel

Port Palace Hotel is also called

• hotel port palace
  • port palace monte carlo