About Monte-Carlo Bay & Resort

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • casino
  • butler service

Good
( 2000 reviews)
Good

A very good hotel indeed.

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Having just spent three nights in Monaco on business, I was agreeably surprised when my taxi drove up to the grand entrance, where a welcoming team of door attendents greets one with large smiles.

The foyer is very handsome and the receptionists friendly and informative. After taking the amazing lift which had a red leather sofa and a TV screen, I discovered my room. Once again, a nice surprise. I will first point out that I had the cheapest room category available, yet it was large and airy, very nicely decorated in contemporary style, with good quality materials in chrome and light wood finish, and a dark tiled stone floor. The bathroom was also nice, well lit, big shower, a very deep bathtub, ( which took ages to fill), thick towels and nice bath-products. There also was a large terrace, nicely laid out with two comfertable armchairs and a table. The view I had was meant to be the worse viewpoint from the hotel, but it was still pretty good, with the mountains in the backround. I was told that most rooms have a sea view, which would of course be a plus.

The grounds of the hotel were very nice, as for the swimming-pool, it was one of the nicest hotel pool I have known; it is so large you will never feel too close to other swimmers, and you can swim either indoors or outdoors, with lush surrounding vegetations. The pool staff is very friendly as well as helpfull. The spa is most attractive, offering a wide variety of treatments, in cool surroundings.

To me dinner was less of a success; I did like the style and ambience of the main restaurant, but the food they serve is very much based on new style cuisine, which tends to mean tiny portions of this and that, with exotic herbs and sauces. If you are very hungry before dinner, as I was, you will still be hungry after your meal, and may even be tempted to go out for a local pizza. To top it all, the price of the dishes were very expensive for what they offered. On my two other evening I had dinner in a wonderful traditional brasserie on the harbour, called 'Le quai des artistes', and would very much recommend it.
Breakfast in the hotel was very good though, served in the main ,
buffet style, the choice was first class, and everyting on offer was tempting. Service, once again, was friendly

So, except for the dinner, which may have been fine to some people, since I am just not keen on 'nouvelle cusine', it was all very positive and I would have given this hotel a 5 out of 5 if there had not been one irritating factor : housekeeping. Now the room and bathroom were both spotless, which is good, but the housekeeping team was incredibly forgetful and disorganised. Every day I had to call them up to ask for a soap or a shampoo they had thrown away and not replaced. The tea and coffee in the room was never refilled, turn down service only took place on one of the three nights, a baby cot appeared mysteriously in my room one evening, which they did remove immidiately when I called them; then my room was only cleaned at about 4:30, even when I left early in the morning, placing the 'make up the room sign. But most irritaing of all to me is the fact that the cleaners would totally ignore the do not disturb sign! On my checkout mornig, after one of the cleaners was unlocking my door for the second time, despite the do not disturb sign, I flung open the door and just pointed to the sign; "ahh sorry", she said with complete indifference. There really is some management issues to sort out here.

So houskeeping was rather a let down to this otherwise splendid hotel. Oh and another small drawback is that the hotel operates the alas, more and more usual minibar-racket, where a small bottle of soft drink or water will cost you 7 Euros!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2007

Nice hotel but bad service

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My husband and I spent two days in this Montecarlo Bay Hotel & Resort last march.
We booked by internet a special package: accomodation for 2 nights in a double sea view room included buffet breakfast.
The room was an "execlusive sea view" with VIP amenities (champagne, fruit basket, flowers and newspaper).
In the room there was all excep the newspaper (and there wasn't in the second day too).
We paied euro 294,00 for night.
The hotel is new.
The room was large with beautifull furnitures.
The room had large terrace with a confortable outdoor sofa and also a table with two chair. All this was relaxing.
The room had a big plasma TV in front the bed.
Ours room was number 419.
The hotel had two restaurant but only one was opened and in the opemed restaurant the menu was not appealing.
For lunch we could eat only sandwiches in the bar or drink a tea.
The waiter gave us a pot of jam already opened and used by other clients.
The service leaves much to be desired considering the price that you pay.
In the bar lounge in the night there was no show, nobody to play the piano despite was written in the brochure.
In genral the hotel is over promising.
In conclusion we will not return in this hotel"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of November 2006

Beautiful property, a little far from the action

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Had the great opportunity to visit Monaco for a conference and the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort was the hotel of choice. It is very modern which makes it seem a bit sterile to some people. The balconies are the best feature -- even if not on the sea side -- they have a table and two chairs and a sofa (see other reviewers photos) or a chaise lounge. The balcony is actually large enough to "use."

The bed is very comfortable (once you pick someone else's hairs off the comforter cover (yuuckk!). The bathroom is nice sized. You have to like the rain shower because the hand held doesn't have the option of being a normal height shower.

The property with the lagoon style swimming pool and the various terraces really make the most of the location. Wish I had been here for vacation and not work!

The posted rate (the rate in the closet) was €800 per night. The rate we got as a conference was around €250-300 depending on when reserved.

The weather was perfect and NO crowds -- very comfortable small city. We were comfortable in long pants and long sleeve shirts -- a little warm in the direct sun. So it should be a very relaxing time for vacationers.

The Prince's Palace is an easy and informative tour with the audio guides. Gives you a compact history of the principality.

The commute from/to Nice airport was about 35 minutes at night and 45 minutes during the day."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Zero Customer Service!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, the first when it was very new so I put a lot of the problems down to initial teething problems. I returned just under 1 year later to find that if anything the hotel has got worse!
The staff are slow and unhelpful, and rarely smile. If you ask for anything out of the ordinary such as a simple cheese sandwich you'll get a "NON".
A nice hotel on the surface and it could be great, but they need a good hotel manager to teach the staff some customer service."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

Great hotel

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"This is a great hotel - plain and simple. I was there for business, so admittedly I didn'y pay for the room myself!

The rooms are very nice - not absolutely incredible, but very very nice. The bathroom is great. Loved the shower. Great wide screen plasma TV. Room service was great. Every meal I had was beautiful. Internet is good... if you're there for an extended period, buy a 24 hour internet pass, and each time you turn your computer off, the timer stops, and then when you reconnect, it starts again.

The best thing is the view. My view faced France, and looked out over the sea. Make sure you try to get one of the rooms on this side of the hotel, as the view is what makes it. The rooms have fantastic balconies off them, with a large day bed which you can lie on and look out over the sea. Absolutely fantastic.

There are several bars, which are really nice, and also the pool area is fantastic, with actual sand in the bottom of the pool. The pool staff were always very helpful as well.

Great hotel in great location. Absolutely recommend it."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

Great Hotel - but pricey

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Certainly the best hotel in Monaco. It has a spectacular pool area with keen and attentive staff. We were there on a weekend with the hotel full and yet there were plenty of beds available.

There is a kids club which is very good for the South of France but not up to US standards.

The rooms are bright, with good balconies. Deep baths and large walk in showers. I liked the little touches like the rubber bath toy. Unusually for rooms in this area there are plenty of powerpoints and very good internet connections.

As others have noted, it is very expensive (€8 for a glass of Coke by the pool and €25 for buffet breakfast). But the standards are excellent.

For some the position may be a downside. It is a 25 minute walk to Casino Square and 10 minutes to a decent beach. Taxis usually take 10 minutes to arrive when the bellboys call them.

Overall the best choice for families in the South of France unless you want a sandy beach"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Not worth the expense

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Very nice on the exterior, but once there you realize this hotel is not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of small problems that ad up. Toilet didn't flush, tv remote control didn't work, very expensive room service and onsite restaurants ($30 for a basic sandwich room service, the restaurants are the price of a holiday themselves with people smoking right beside you), gave up on calling reception as it was constantly engaged, unhelpful staff (you get the idea they could care less) and a substandard extortionate breakfast. And all for over $500 a night. You get the idea you will be charged $20 if you use the shampoo here. In conclusion: a lot of money for not a lot of hotel. I won't be back."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This place is AMAZING, the rooms, the pool, the views were all spectacular.
We do not speak french but thought the staff was friendly and efficient. The drinks and food onsite were pricey (110 Euros for Lobster?) but hey you're in Monte Carlo, what do you expect? If you are looking for "eurpean charm" this is not the place for you, but if you like a "resort" feel this place is luxe and definitely worth the money!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

Amazing Hotel, Amazing Location, Amazing Spa, Amazing Anniversary

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We stayed 4 nights at the hotel starting on July 2nd. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Monaco.

First of all, the hotel is clean, very modern and is beautiful. We got a regular room and loved it. 42" plasma tv, great bed, marble bathrooms, amazing balcony(came with 3-4 chairs and a comfortable outdoor coach. The balcony is private so we actually got room service one night and had a great dinner outside in privacy.

The pools are the best we have ever seen. 2 pools, both were heated and were kept beautifully. You don't pay for chairs or umbrellas (which in fine hotels in europe sometimes is the case).

The food is a little pricey, however it is some of the best we have ever had so well worth it.

The sporting club is only 100 feet away which has Jimmy Z's club, and a few other restaurants. We went to see Sting in Concert at the Sporting Club and its the best place you will ever go in your life.

The sporting club is a must see and is pretty much connected to the hotel.

The cinque mondes spa in the hotel is amazing also. We got a 2.5 hour treatmant and were treated like royalty. Place is perfect.

If you are thinking of staying anywhere else in Monaco you will regret it after staying here. This place is a perfect 10 out of 10."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Great place to stay

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as a package over the GrandPrix. It exceeded my expectations in many ways. The staff were charming..not at all what I expected. The food was good and not overpriced for such a special hotel during the GrandPrix. Several of the drivers and their families were staying so it's obviously a special place. ( we were in the lift with Reubens Bariccello and Jano Trulli.) The pools are spectacular as is the location, the roomwas veryb well equiped and we had several freebies including a lovely towel, sunhats, small bottles of champagne, chocs, huge bowls of cherries etc. The shower leaks, and this is common to all rooms but this problem is being fixed. I agree the shops were very poorly stocked for a hotel.
Other wise
EXCELLENT highly rcmnded. I am very picky and have been fortunate enough to stay in some Fab hotels all over the world...this is one of them!
PS We noticed the hotel hasa very relaxed and welcoming attitude to children too, next time we'll bring our 5 year old with us as she'd LOVE this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006