Le Meridien Beach Plaza

22 Ave Princesse Grace, Monte-Carlo 98000 Monaco

Good

far nicer than i had expected...

"I booked the hotel largely because I was able to get a very good deal on our room. I would not otherwise have chosen to stay in such a large hotel.
I would definitely recommend that you opt for one of the 'crystal' rooms as we did(in one of the two glass towers and overlooking the sea). These rooms were much more spacious than others and had great views.
Despite being a large chain hotel, the staff were incredibly polite, efficient and helpful - we even received a beautiful Easter egg in our room for Easter Day. The food in the outdoor terrace restaurant is excellent.
I would definitely return to the hotel. We also stayed one night at the Columbus which was also a good find, if less centrally located.
The helicopter transfer from the airport is also well worth it."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Expected something more!

"Stayed on the top floor as there was no club lounge floor! In place of free cocktails in a lounge, had to do with one small glass of champagne every evening in my room.
There was no standing shower in the bathroom. Instead had to do with a telephone shower which made it very difficult to stand up and shower as there was nowhere to hook the shower head on to.
Buffet breakfast options were limited, compared to othe Starwood facilities.
The hotel was otherwise well kept and the staff was friendly.
Montecarlo otherwise was a disappointment. All hype and no glory! The town is really small and congested. It is all buildings crammed one on top of another, no real character. You can walk across the town in 45-60 minutes and get to the only grocery store in town. The beach front is smaller than some private beaches I have seen. Even the casinoes don't measure up. Out of a total of 3 , 2 of them have slot machines only and only one is a full service casino. What else is there to do?"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

time of our lives !!!!

"Wow what a holiday!!! Went there for the first time in 2003 and had a fabulous time with one of my girlie mates as she took me for my 37th birthday. On arriving via helicopter transfer ( only £35 each and well worth it!) we were very impressed by the hotel and on checking in found vereyone very helpful but please note you maybe asked for either 100 euro,s deposit on a credit card or in cash. Our room overlooked princess grace avenue but was very quiet and spacious. The facilities were great, lovely indoor pool and private beach and even though we went in nov we were still able to sit outside in shorts and t shirts. We ate in the hotel but also liked to try the local restaurants, one especially good italian restaurant is caoi pronounced chow, which is found on the opposite side of the road from the hotel about 500 yds away up on the bank , food excellent and very reasonably priced. Another bonus was next door to this is an irish bar macarthys ,again with very reasonable prices and they have some great live bands on,well worth a visit. We had such a great time that we returned last year and I intend to take my fiance for valentines next year . Enjoy !!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of March 2007

Fabulous Hotel, great place to spend 3 nights

"Stayed here for 3 nights in March 2007, got a great deal from a travel agent 3 nights for the price of 2. Our room was on the 10th floor overlooking the street but there was no problem with noise. We had a small balcony, 2 double beds, amazing walk in shower with 2 separate shower with jets!! Plasma tv in the bedroom, small tv in the bathroom.

Breakfast was ample although I didn't rate the hot food. There was enough fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes, toast and croissants to fill you up for the day.

Although the hotel is situated at one end of MC there is a bus stop opposite. 3 euros gets you a tourist ticket for one day. Bear in mind that the buses only run until about 9pm. We walked back from the casino in about 15 minutes.

The hotels pool area and private beach are lovely.
I would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of March 2007

Loved It!

"We stayed here from the 2nd - 5th March 2007 and had a great time. The staff were very friendly and very helpful and willing to speak English.

The room 3rd floor was on the east side in the older part of the building - it did not have a great view, and in the day time you could here the passing traffic, but it was perfectly pleasent and we spent two lovely evenings sipping champaigne on the large balcony before going out.

The bed was huge - I am 6"5' tall and I could lie accross the bed with out my feet overhanging the sides! The bathroom had a lovely big bath and a very good shower.

The Breakfasts were huge with lots of choice and very friendly helpful staff.

We did not eat in the Hotel but did have a drink or too - it is not cheap, but come on this is Monte Carlo, personally I think a fantastic Large coctail at £10 is fine!

As for the location, I think its perfect. Close enough to walk to the Casino and Harbour but far enough away from the centre to be quiet.

If you are worried about prices when you get there, we found the £250 for two people for 3 days including all drinks, food and entitainment was pleanty (we didn't hold back)!

We Loved it!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of March 2007

Would I go again?

Good

"Stayed 3 nights in Le Meridien2 - 4 March, if you go try to stay on the sea view side, we were on the side overlooking the street 5th floor. There'a an elevated road on this side level with the 5th floor so a bit noisey.... insist you stay up higher if you're on this side! Both pools were closed when we stayed...indoor one just filled up so not up to heat yet.....Food was dissapointing....so we ate out at Le couple (by Meridien hotel) and was excellent...approx 218 Euros for 2 not inc drinks. meal at hotel was 188 Euros without drinks Staff friendly enough, room was fine....serviced every day, didn't touch mini bar as had to sign my house away for the contents!!!! Would I stay again? ...yes if I visited Monaco....but would still eat out!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of March 2007

Very nice, very friendly

Good

"Myself, my husband and our 6 month old son stayed here for 3 nights over valentines in Feb 2007. The hotel is situated about 15 mins walk from the casino and 20mins from the harbour area. There is an excellent bus service which for 70p takes you all around the main sites and drops you back outside the hotel...perfect. The hotel is impressive, very clean and the food we ate in the resteraunt was lovely i recommend the quail salad, yummy! Very expensive though but as long as you accept this before you go and dont let it spoil things its fine (for example 2 cans of coke was 7 euros!! but the view was lovely so we accepted it) The staff were brilliant and very fond of our son and could not do enough for us and him. The swimming pool was great very nice surroundings but too cold for babies but he had a quick dip. The breakfast is served from 7-11 but you should get down before 1030 as they pack up early and you get better service earlier than later. The choice is good too. Our room was an older one not in the new glass towers but it was clean and spacious even with a cot in it. Monaco is a place to be seen and there is not much sight seeing to be done. Shopping is very expensive and only has channel, gucci etc. Cant comment on eating out as we only ate at the pizza place next door on the first night (very friendly and a great view) and at the hotel as it was easier with a baby. The Jardin exotique was a let down as you cannot for whatever reason take a buggy around so we turned around and left. The palace was closed but the views up there were nice. Check it all out if you have some cash to splash, but take comfy shoes its steep!! (good for the bum)"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of March 2007

Monte Carol and still not Bust!!!

Good

"We have just returned from the Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel and what a delight it was. We stayed in the Crystal Rooms which were excellent. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and varied and the croissants to die for!
We found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgable about the area. Monte Carlo is very expensive make no mistake BUT and it is a big But, you really do get what you pay for. We found a truly wonderful Restaurant which was packed to rafters most nights called the Piazzeria which was next to McCarthys Irish Pub on the Ave. Des Citronniers and although it worked out approx £50 per head (and one of those heads was vegetarian - i.e. plain salad only) it was worth it unlike McCarthys which was 30 Euros for 2 soft drinks and a pint and half of lager plus all the smoke you can inhale for free!!! We made use of the Monaco Passport which contained lots of free admission vouchers to the Museums, Aquarium, Palace etc. which although we would not usually of gone, were very impressed with.
We also went to the Casino but be advised - No Passport - No Entry to the main Casino.
Princess Grace Rose Garden is a delight and although not in bloom was very tranquil - shame we could not have done the same for Princess Diana.
Out overall view of Monte Carlo was it is very clean (apart from the dogs poo!) the food is good and there really is lots of see.
Only one place we felt we had been overcharged was out of the hotel to the left there is a Cafe cum Pizzeria who charged 7 euros for Pastis each and 9 euros for half a cup of Hot Chocolate - such a shame but you always get one!
We hope this has been helpful and enjoy as it truly can be an amazing experience."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

Nice hotel, Monte Carlo overall was a let down

"We have just got back from a week-end in Montecarlo. Overall the hotel is really nice especially in summer as the big pools and private beach are really nice. We stayed in a standard room which i guess was one of the one not refurbished. It was nice and big although the bathroom was a bit old fashion and the noise of the roads was a nuisance. Definately worth to book a sea view room. The restaurant is really good. Some staff are friendly others are not helpful at all, depends how lucky you are. Overall there is no much to do in Monte Carlo apart from visiting the old town and see the Jardin Exotique (which were closed when we were there) and the Aquarium (not worthy it if you have seen the one in London). Obviously the Casino is a must. Because of the size it is very overdeveloped and you just see buildings next to buildings..it seems you just pay for the name instead of quality. Villefranche sur mar is a much more attractive town to spend the evening and the food is really good (we ate in the first restaurant as soon as you enter the town). I am glad we have seen it but we won't go back and on handsight a town like Cannes is much more classy."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Quiet Hotel !!!

"I was lucky enough to win a stay at this hotel recently and took my daughter with me.
Right from the moment we arrived we were impressed with the level of service at this hotel. We were shown to our room (an Executive sea view room) and were shown how to operate both the aircon and the safe etc, We were also advised of room service menu and shown a booklet containing lots of information about Monaco.
The room itself was large and very well laid out with two king beds a desk, bedside table, a large dresser containing a mini fridge. On the dresser was a large HD television. The bathroom was huge well lit with plenty of storage. The hairdryer actually had some umph (girls you know what l mean)
The balcony was large with a table and two chairs and face out into the bay.
The facilities at the hotel are well laid out and are really easy to find. For us the only downside was that during our stay there was a conference and the outside niose was so loud on one night that we were unable to sit out on the balcony to enjoy the sunset...that said because of the conference we also enjoyed an amazing fireworrk show free the following night so as they say swings and roundabouts...
All in all we LOVED it and l am looking forward to going again and this time l even have to pay for it myself."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

My wife and I visited this hotel in Febu...

Good

"My wife and I visited this hotel in Feburary of this year. We flew Easy Jet to Luton and then Luton to Nice as there was no direct flights from Scotland.

When we arrived at Nice we had a helicopter transfer booked. We expected someone to be standing at arrivals with our name on a board but it turns out there is a little helicopter transfers desk around the corner that we had to go to.

The helicopter ride was pretty cool, I'm not a big fan of flying but the helicopter stays relatively close to the ground so it didn't feel so bad. Check out the video attached.

Once we arrived the helicopter transfer company bussed us to the hotel. The hotel on first impressions looked very nice, situated on the sea front it has it's own private beach and pool around the back.

We were greated by the hotel manager who personally took us to our rooms. The rooms were pretty amazing, we had a sea front facing room. The beds were really comfy and clean, with lovely blankets e.t.c. There was a flat screen LCD TV mounted on the wall with a DVD player. Balcony looking out on to the sea front.

The bathroom was pretty amazing too, although it never had a bath just 2 walk in showers. Shower robes and slippers were provided. There was even a tele and a phone in the bath room.

5 minutes after being in the room a lovely bottle of red wine, a couple bottles of water and 2 apples were brought up which was nice.

Breakfast in the morning was ok. There was plenty of choice but I think I've had just a good a breakfast from a premier travel inn.

We thought the hotel was a little pricey though, no doubt its luxury but whether it's worth the money is another question.

Monte Carlo it's self was great. It was fun walking around the grand prix circuit and seeing where the Rally starts from. The princes palace is worth a look too as you get great views once you are up there. We visited a few markets too, the local produce all looked reasonable.

We were only there for a couple of days but I get the impression you would maybe get border if you were there for longer than a week. So all in all, great place for a weekend break."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

A little out of town, but with excellent...

Good

"A little out of town, but with excellent bus service every 10 mins or so, this did not matter.

The hotel is very clean, and although no hotel is ideal for kids in Monte Carlo, the staff were all very friendly and helpful - there is a kids menu in the restaurant (24hr !) and this can also be used for room service.

The beach is not sandy, but very small pebbles (not sharp) and the sea lovely and clean.

Worth paying for a sea view, as there are often fireworks at night out on the yachts or surrounding hotels!

As you would expect - very pricey for drinks and food in the hotel, but have a wander round the side streets and there are plenty places to eat reasonably - just ask the concierges - very helpful!

• Travel date: Fri 7th of July 2006

Hotels near Le Meridien Beach Plaza

Stayed at Le Meridien Beach Plaza? Share your insight.

Le Meridien Beach Plaza is also called