Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia
  • butler service

Good

Nice hotel with great location

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We found the Hermitage to be very nice & comfortable to stay with a great location & view. We like it better than Hotel de Paris because it's set up with an atmosphere of a smaller boutique hotel. The room size & quality vary dramatically according to their higher prices & availability. They gave us choices of what 's still available when we arrived. In our experience, the staff & their service are quite good though not impeccable. The hotel made a special arrangement with the restaurant chef to cook up a certain dish that we really wanted even though it's not on the menu. The staff in general was polite and came very promptly whenever we needed help in our room.

I did overhear some unhappy guests due to the lack of staff training in handling unsatisfied customers who thought they should get a better room for the price they paid. They could have better answers and handled the situation more sensitively instead of saying that they don't upgrade for free. It could be bluntness or a matter of limited language skill.

Their typical repeat guests that we saw seemed to be wearing high end designer everything down to their perfect stacks of suitcases and even jogging suits when they exercised."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

Stunning!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I booked directly over the internet. When we arrived they didn't have any record of the booking - so they upgraded us a suite! It was a beautiful room and the service was fantastic throughout the stay. The only thing I could fault is the service in the Spa - I was kept waiting for half an hour. Other than that, a stunning hotel and I'd highly reccomend it for the experience."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

We Really Enjoyed Our Stay at The Hermitage!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My wife and I enjoyed our 10-year anniversary at this hotel that contributed to our amazing vacation in Monaco. The staff was extremely courteous, consistently smiled, and exchanged greetings every day of our 7-day stay. The concierge recognized us by name and all the bellhops and cleaning staff was responsive and helpful. Our room was spacious, very clean, and had a spectacular seaside view. Breakfast was always delivered to our room at the specific time requested. I will say our stay was not entirely without mishaps but the staff did everything in their power to rectify situations immediately. We arrived early and our room was not readily available for check-in. We decided to leave, have lunch, and when we returned, front desk personnel escorted us to the room and ensured everything was satisfactory. The room had two twins while our reservation called for a king sized bed. We asked them to change the bed and upon returning from dinner we had a king sized bed. On occasion, food we ordered in the lounge was not prepared properly but as soon as we voiced our disappointment with the server, she rectified the situation immediately by crediting our bill. Overall, however, I would highly recommend the Hermitage. We are from NJ and also have very high standards at these prices. With that said, I felt this hotel made our trip extra special. We were even appreciative and impressed by the beautiful fruit basket arrangement received, compliments of the hotel staff in recognition of our anniversary. We were very fortunate to have had such a positive experience and based on this, would return to the Hermitage in the future!"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of September 2006

Wins worse staff of the century!!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This was the worse hotel experience we have ever had. We were so excited to stay at this hotel. I should have not booked this hotel after reading the horrible reviews everywhere. From the check-in it was down hill. The man checking us in treated us like we were trash. He talked down to me saying we could not have the room we requested and paid full price for. Proceeded to tell us we had a special deal. If you call $700. a night for a deluxe room with no breakfast a deal! He took us to a room that was so tiny and in such poor condition , we were in utter shock. Well it even got worse, because he was infuriated that I hadn't given him a tip for this dumpy room. He told us as he was leaving the door that this room was a huge upgrade and we would be charged a great deal extra for this big favor he was doing. During this whole experince he was rude and was speaking very loudly as if to scold us. He had even yelled at me at the front desk in front of other guests saying we had a 30% reduction, which was an utter lie. As we checked out 3 other guets paid $300. a night for a similar room, all French I might add. I called the general manager to settle this. After this terrible situation did they send anything, no not a thing. Not even a note. It appears to me that this Hotel doesn't have a lot of repeat visitors.It's a one stop deal. So I feel they get you while they can and are done with you. To my dismay other American guests were all complaining of similar treatment on our stay. We all felt the rooms were that of a 3star hotel and the staff was waiting for hand outs as if they were better than you and you needed to pay them for they're greatness. In all my years and travels I have never met a more obnoxious and ungrateful staff. WEvel 4 to 5 times a year to Europe always staying at 5 star porperties. Upon check out the bellman refused to take our luggaage down. I had to load the cart myself and then at our car he had his hand out for a tip. I couldn't believe my eyes. After this terrible ordeal we will never stay at this hotel or any of it's affiliates again. We will pass on Monte Carlo as a whole. The place is over rated and the great people of Monaco are all to royal for our liking, without giving you a royal welcome. It seems we are all commoners to the truly little people of Monaco!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Fabulous, Awesome

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"While realizing that the average person probably cannot afford the Hermitage, it is important for an average person like me to say how wonderfully we were treated at the Hermitage. My son won our week at the Hermitage on the Price is Right TV show. We joined "Le Club" of Monaco which included a Helicopter transfer from Nice to Monaco and shuttle to our hotel. From the moment the helicopter took off until the day we left Monte Carlo/Monaco, we felt as much at home there as the richest person in the world. The Hermitage was one of the most elegant, beautiful hotels I have ever seen. Our room was not "top of the line", i.e. not a seaside view; however, we did have a window looking out on the gardens and the room was large and very comfortable......huge closets and bathroom. Shortly after arriving we received a lovely tray with bottled water, wine glasses and a darling little decorated basket with cherries in it. Later on a dozen roses arrived, both with welcome to the Hermitage notes on them. (I believe one of those gifts was because of joining LeClub) Every day we enjoyed the breakfast buffet (included in prize) out on the patio overlooking the Mediterranean. The consierge desk was always ready to help us decide what to do and where to go. They even called Paris for me to re-confirm a dinner reservation for two weeks ahead. They suggested a lovely tour (4 hours) to the Village of Eze, Le Tribes and Monaco......it was delightful! We did have dinner at their very expensive but elegant restaurant Le Vistmar where we had to dress in suit & tie, etc. and chose to continue on to the elegant Casino de Monte Carlo the same night. What a wonderful experience. We had access to a computer where we could even download pictures to send home.....no charge. We actually felt like a King and Queen for a week and it never mattered that we were just "average" people staying in a place that would be fit for a King. If ever you go to Monte Carlo and can afford the Hermitage......don't even blink an eye......BOOK IT!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Lovely Stay

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I was a little nervous after reading some of the postings on TripAdvisor, but I can say that we really enjoyed our stay at the Hermitage. We were treated very well when we arrived, and we had a lovely room. The spa in the hotel was vey nice and the indoor pool was a big plus. We also went to the beach club which we could go to at no charge with our Gold cards ( we were given at check in). The beach club was lovely with a complimentary shuttle. Breakfast was included in our room and was quite nice. The room for breakfast looks like a grand palace ballroom. We had dinner at the Vistamare, the gourmet restaurant in the hotel. It was fabulous, and pricey, then again so is Monte Carlo. I would return to the Hermitage in a heartbeat. Great service, great location."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of June 2006

It was ok.

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"The Hermitage is not worth the money. Our room was just ok - street level without a view and no extra chair to sit in. The housekeeping left a little to be desired. We had broken a glass and it was never vacummed up. Had to put a towel on the floor to cover it. Also they don't have irons so you are supposed to send your clothiing out to be pressed for a small fortune."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Think we had the cheap seats!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"The hotel was beautiful in general and very clean with impressive entrance and public areas.
The rooms were okay. We had a problem with the heating in our room which was stuck at 42 degrees celcius. We eventually persuaded them to move us.

We had dinner in the hotel on the fist night only, as it nearly blew our budget. The staff in the bar was nice but they really let you know when it is closing time, which for a resident is early at 11 o'clock.

Drinks in the bar are expensive so choose well!!

A bottle of wine was recommended for our dinner, which turned out to be €250 so do be on the ball with the staff. The food was nice but over-priced. The staff was friendly but as we were seated late for dinner, they practically pulled the plates from the table after each last bite!!

Breakfast is €34 pp so I'd recommend either ensuring that it is included in the hotel price or eat elsewhere.

The pool in the hotel was fabulous. It is salt water and kept at 29 oC so you could float on it all day.

I gather that the prices for rooms are low (c€250)in Jan - Mar compared to the rest of the year. We felt vaguely as though the staff was treating us as the 'poor cousins'!

The redeaming feature of the place was the door staff (who are plentiful). They were friendly and professional and even seemed to be surprised and grateful when given a tip! (although our bags were misplaced and took over 30 minutes to find, when we were leaving for our flight)."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of February 2006

Excellent Accomodations

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"As part of an incentive trip flawlessly organised by Northern Rock and Lotus Incentives we have just returned from a wonderful weekend stay at the L'Hotel Hermitage.

We were allocated room 401 which is well worth requesting. Fantastic full view of Port Hercule harbour, 42" Plasma TV, Jacuzzi Bath (with Bulgari toiletries), incredibly comfy bed and furnishings of the highest standard.

The hotel is absolutely stunning interior wise and the exterior manages to fit in well with the surroundings in an understated fashion. Very close walk (4 mins) to the plush Casino and Cafe de Paris. 2 bottled beers in the casino 13 euros, the same in Cafe de Paris 22 euros. Take a few coins as it is somewhat more expensive than the rest of Europe and USA.

Service at breakfast was not of the highest order and like a past reviewer stated, it did have a little bit of the 'Fawlty Towers' about it, especially the Maitre'D's who looked stressed. If you go there with an open mind knowing that the French (Monegasques) can be a little quirky then this should not be a problem. For this I would have given the hotel 4.5 stars if allowed, but those guest rooms, wow.

The central part of Monaco known as Monte Carlo displays incredible wealth beyond the means of any ordinary Joe like ourselves, but it does seem somewhat surreal at times. Ferrari's, Bentley's, Lamborghini's all abound and these are mere toys in comparison to the £50m yachts.

Incredible place, great hotel and all worthy of a long weekend break."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of October 2005

Poor Service

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We booked dinner in this hotel on our last night - the service was diabolical -we were left out on the terrace with our drink without being given the menus for an hour by which time we had to ask if we could be shown to our table and given a menu - we chose our meal - fillet steak at extortionate prices that you would probably expect of this standard of hotel - nobody even bothered to ask if the meal was ok or not? They left us sat with the empty plates until we put them to the edge of the table as a hint that we wanted them to be removed - the wine prices were obscene - we chose the cheapest bottle of chateau neuf at 95 euros - they didnt even top it up for you - my husband was asked if he wanted cheese but i was just totally ignored and left without a dessert or sweet and finally we werent asked if we wanted coffee

It was not the dining experience that we were hoping for and we definitely won't be going back!

The food incidentally was ok but nothing particularly special for the money - we had dined ten times better on Silversea, Seabourn and Sea Dream Yacht Club!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2005

Hotels near Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo

Stayed at Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo? Share your insight.

Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo is also called