Exterior

beautiful hotel...

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We stayed for 2 days at the hotel de paris. beautiful hotel! our 2 rooms were very spacious! huge closets (one of our rooms had a big walk in). view was overlooking the port with the many FABULOUS yacts. pool was indoor with outdoor sunbathing area. there is a strict dress code at the pool/spa area. everyone has to change into the spa robe slipper thing to gain access to the pool area... they give them to you in the locker/changing rooms. they will hold your belongings and have showers, blow dryers, ect. so you can swim and go out for the day afterward! convenient!!! forgot to mention the bathrooms, very luxurious, marble throughout, hermes toiletrees We had a king bed, our companions requested a twin room, but received a king. no prob lem. did not eat in the restaurants except for breakfast. nice buffet. included in our room. main restaurants, all required a jacket and tie for dinner. including bar americain, after 7. mini bar... well equipped but be careful VERY EXPENSIVE. 14 euros for a ppv movie. went to grand casino. very monte carlo ish. 2 euro slots. not vegas. very quiet....no admittance under 21... loved monte carlo very picturesque!!! and clean. but very expensive... be prepared... 11 euros for a chardonnay in the hotel..... have fun!!!!"

• Travel date: 5th June 2006

Paper-thin Walls

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"A Five Star Rating for a hotel with paper thin walls is unacceptable. We were awakened by phone conversations in the next room two times during the the middle of the night. We woke up to the wake-up call in the next room. The staff, of course, said there was nothing they could do. We paid top dollar to not get any sleep."

• Travel date: 14th May 2006

Fantastic Hotel - Staff OK (ish)

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"The hotel itself lived up to all expectations but I agree with the previous note about the attitude of the doormen & bellboy, we too pulled up in front of the hotel (in a very nice car I might add) and had to get out of the car and start removing bags before anybody came over to help or even offer to take the car from us, we obviously didn't 'look the part' - the receptionist was fine, not particularly friendly but not rude, just very efficient. The rooms were fantastic and we liked the way you could use your key card as entry to the Casino, etc. We had dinner in Le Grille which was absolutely fantastic, no complaints whatsoever on the food or the service. The waiting staff were brilliant, there as soon as you put your glass down to re-fill but without ever being 'in your face'. And when they opened the roof so you could see the stars in the black mediterranean sky, well.........! I would definately stay at this hotel again, the atmosphere and location more than made up for the coldness of the 'welcome committee'."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2006

I can't believe I paid so much to be treated so poorly

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Our first experience upon arriving at this gorgeous hotel was to be ignored by the doorman and bell staff, although there were no other cars around, I think because we were driving a rental car and not a Bentley. Their intentional snub was insultingly obvious. Although I gave specific instructions in fluent French about which bags to bring in and which to leave in the car, it took three bellmen three tries to get it right - and one shopping bag came up damaged. Reception was efficient and frigidly unfriendly. Our room was lovely, but housekeeping walked in without knocking twice - and I was naked once. Lamp globes in the hallway were broken, and technology in the rooms were state of the art in the 1970's. Room service breakfast cost about $75 - for one person. When I went to the spa below the hotel, I asked the woman for a larger robe as I am not a tiny French woman, and she argued with me in front of several other customers - even though it turned out I was right. I was with a convention, and all of our other delegates were horrified by the cold, inattentive service. I was sad that so many of them said "what do you expect, they're French?" as I travel frequently in France and have never received anything but a warm and charming welcome. As I wrote on my evaluation to the General Manager, "I can't believe I paid so much to be treated so badly.""

• Travel date: 22nd March 2006

Lived up to the billing. One of the best hotels in the world.

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"After reading mixed reviews, I was wondering what to expect from the Hotel De Paris. However, from the minute we arrived I knew all was well. Private check in desks, wonderful sea view room and champagne delivered 15 mins after arrival. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, efficient and throughly helpful. Not a hint of the snobish behaviour others have reported. The Spa is fantastic, with an underground marble corridor connecting it the main hotel, which is breathtaking. The bars are fantastic and Le Grill restuarant one of the best in town. The prices in Monte Carlo are not cheap, but you would not expect anything less. If you want to spoil yourself and stay in the best hotel in town (Mariah Carey was there the week before, according the spa staff) then look no further than the fantastic Hotel De Paris."

• Travel date: 22nd November 2005

A wonderful stay

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We have just returned from a short break and stayed in the this hotel in a exclusive seaview room. We arrived in Nice and had a helicopter transfer to Monte Carlo which was great (made us fell special) got the shuttle bus to the hotel and from the moment we arrived the service and staff were exceptional. Our luggage was not seen again until we were in our room, the room was beautiful, spotless, bathroom out of this world, seperate shower, bath double sinks, all marble. Flat secreen TV , control pad next to bed for music/lights/shutters excellent decor. Breakfast was lovely and we had diiner at the Grill which was beautiful. I have seen the previous review and wonder if its the same hotel, my experience was the very opposite from theirs and we wouldnt hesitate to return to this very elegant, beautiful hotel"

• Travel date: 31st October 2005

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at- Ever!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"From the moment that we arrived, I could see that I had made a mistake. The hotel is run down, dirty, and badly in need of cleaning/remodeling. The rooms at the hotel are very dirty, out dated and very depressing. I was shown a number of rooms and, believe me, the experience was horrible. In fact, for the first time in my life, I actually wore the hotel slippers because I was afraid to walk on the carpeting. The room was dirty, the carpet torn and the wall covering actually black from the dirt. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Trust me when I say that I have travelled the world and stayed in the nicest places in most countries. This hotel was absolutely the worst hotel that I have ever seen. In fact, the experience as so bad that this is the first review that I have ever written, but I thought that it was necessary because if I can save 1 reader from this property, I have done a good thing. The hotel should be ashamed of themselves, as should Leading Hotels of the World for having the hotel on their website. A complete disgrace."

• Travel date: 19th October 2005

Monte-Carlo's most exclusive hotel!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and now is even more luxurious than ever. We have booked two sea view Junior Suites at La Rotonde wing with panoramic views of the harbour to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. (They loved it) This is truly an exceptional palace with opulent public and private areas. Its lobby is one of the most spectacular in the world. The Grill Restaurant at the 8th floor with breathtaking views on Monte-Carlo is a monument of Monegasque gastronomy. One the grand floor next to the lobby is the world famous rococo restaurant Le louis XV (Alain Ducasse). This is the place to have dinner as it is one of the finest hotel restaurants in the world. The hotel's Spa is one of the best in Europe. We love this hotel as we love Monte-Carlo!!!"

• Travel date: 5th October 2005

My Holiday

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We stayed at the Hotel de Paris for the first two days Lovely hotel but dont expect any service if your not happy with something, and trust me you will not be happy with something !! We were upgraded to a room to the standard that i would have expected in the first place and the only reason we didnt have to pay for the upgrade was because the manager couldnt get ahold of house keeping. If your not a regular or know someone in Monte Carlo expect very little from this hotel"

• Travel date: 17th August 2005

Beautiful Hotel-boring city

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"The hotel is beautiful, the service is nice, but Monte Carlo has to be the most boring place in the world. Nothing to offer as far as things to do. The casino is empty of people and games. I was bored the whole time here."

• Travel date: 30th May 2005

Deluxe hotel with fantastic views over t...

Reviewed 1st January 1970

"Deluxe hotel with fantastic views over the Monaco Grand Prix circuit! Great place to tour the South of France and to star spot in the many famous restaurants in the area The peace and calm of Monaco are the main reasons to visit this fantastic resort and to soak up the history of this famous area. Day trips to Italy are one of the benefits and the whole of the coast is available by train and bus at very good prices. Many of the local restaurants offer good value food and a great selection of local dishes. Don’t be put off by the image of the South of France as an expensive area, great bargains can be had for those with a discerning eye!"

• Travel date: 1st February 2005

Looking through a recent copy of Travel ...

Reviewed 1st January 1970

"Looking through a recent copy of Travel spirit magazine the article on Monaco took me back to the early seventies when I was a regular visitor to Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix. The Hotel de Paris was the only place to be in Monaco on Saturday night if you were anyone! Most of the Grand Prix drivers could be seen there at some time in the evening unaware that had a gruelling race the next day! I would sit there most of the evening clutching my one drink, totally mesmerised as one famous driver after another passed me by. All of them totally oblivious to this twenty- year-old with star’s in his eyes. Security was so lax on race days that you could swan through the rear entrance of the Hotel de Paris normally reserved for guests with ease. The only security check by the elderly attendant was to see if you were wearing the correct fashion of the day! Velvet jackets and flared trousers I seem to recall! Undetected and in race heaven I proceeded to watch the whole race from my pole position on the terrace! It wasn’t until about half way through the race I noticed I was surrounded by film stars and the rich and famous. Free F1 racing at its best! Many people are frightened off by the fact that Monaco might be expensive but your article proved informative and comprehensive and your magazine coverage is certainly a must for first timers going to Monte Carlo. "

• Travel date: 1st February 2005

Hotels near Hotel De Paris

Hotel De Paris is also called

• Hotel de Paris
  • De Paris Hotel
  • hotel de paris monte carlo