Nobu Fairmont Monte Carlo

Loved the Fairmont

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Stayed 2 days at the Fairmont in the first week of September and was really pleased. Booked through gtahotels.com and got a very good price for a seaview room incl breakfast. We were first taken to a cityview room (a beautiful room I might add), but that was corrected immediately when I mentioned it, and then given a beautiful seaview room. The room was spacious and bright, with lovely decor, everything looked luxurious and new, and there was a big balcony with a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean with sailboats and yachts, just took your breath away. The breakfastbuffet was very nice, abundance in variety with friendly and attentive staff, in a beautiful outdoor setting overlooking the Mediterranean. The hotel offers as a part of room service, a romantic candlelight dinner on the balcony with a private servant attending you (Alfredo, very professional, friendly and courteous), and as it was my husband´s birthday we decided to splurge a little and did not regret it. The food was great, the service immaculate and the romantic mood on the balcony with the moon over the Med, it was priceless. Higly recommend the Fairmont, beautiful accomodation, very professional staff with friendly athmosphere, great surroundings and location. You will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2007

Amazing

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We were fortunate to be given a huge room when we stayed at the Faimont. We would have called it a suite and it was beautfully decorated. I would say that it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Having said that, we could see that most of the other rooms were smaller and some had not been decorated in the more modern style (wicker furniture etc). Breakfast was included in our rate and it was delicious. We also had a dinner in L'Argentin restaurant, which was excellent (50 EUR for a main). However the one draw back was that I had food poisoning from room service. The room service food was so terrible but the hotel did not make a charge following our complaint. Unfortunately this runied my last day of our stay as I was too unwell to walk around in the heat. Nevertheless, we still had a great time. The casino is great, as is the lobby bar and pool scene. I would definitely recommend this hotel (though not the room service!)"

• Travel date: 18th September 2007

very nice

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Upon arrival (there is no transportation from the Nice airport provided by the hotel) we were brought to a very nice oceanfront room. The hotel was recently redone which made it nice. The only 2 issues I had were that there was no turn down service, so the towels from the morning were left laying around as well as half drank glasses of water. Second, the breakfast was not included with the room and seemed to change in price by a few Euros every day depending on the mood of the waiter. Other than that the bar was nice, the gym is nice and the one warning I will give is that the concierge will try to sell you on horrible day trips since the hotel gets a cut. Beware of that and you will have a nice stay and do not miss the rooftop pool."

• Travel date: 11th September 2007

Great stay in Monte Carlo

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"My husband and I and our 3 1/2 year old son stayed here for 4 nights in mid August. We are frequent guests at Fairmont Hotels so that is what originally motivated us to stay here. Our Fairmont President's Club upgrade certificates allowed us to have a suite for the price of a regular room - the suite was absolutely huge and had two bathrooms (seperate water closet but tub/shower combo). The only negative - the room we had was very out dated. The white wicker furniture and pastel upholstery could be a deal killer for some! Aside from this, the rooms were very clean, had plenty of towels, facecloths, bath products etc. The televisions had a few decent english TV channels and the beds were comfortable. We had plenty of closet and drawer space as well. The Fairmont is in a fabulous location to explore all of Monte Carlo. After a very long trip and having lost one suitcase, the front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. We found the housekeeping and room service staff to be very efficient and friendly. Le Pistou served good breakfast and lunch and great views too! They had a childrens menu and were very kind to our son. The pool was very busy but we always managed to find seats. The pool staff seemed very busy but were very friendly. Concierge and the Bell Desk were great - they had our lost luggage delivered promptly upon its arrival to the hotel, they assisted me with directions, purchasing stamps and other administrative matters. They also recommended two great restaurants for us (again, great with kids). We will return!!"

• Travel date: 9th September 2007

on the water

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"If you have to go to Monaco - this is a great location to stay at Ocean view rooms are right of the ocean Comfortable, clean but not cheap - but then nothing is in Monaco"

• Travel date: 4th September 2007

Not 5 star at all-toilets smell like sewage

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"I was surprised and dissapointed with our room from August 16-20th. The room was extrememly outdated, with white wicker furniture which needed a good coat of paint. The stench from the toilets was so bad (this was a complaint from MANY other hotel quests as well), that it would wake us up in the morning. We had to call about 5 times to have housekeeping bring us a razor. The reason I gave it more that a 1 star was the incredible pool. It is a rooftop pool with amazing views. The service at the pool was okay. My next stay in Monte Carlo will not be at the Fairmont."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2007

Absolutely Wonderful!!!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"WOW!!! This is an amazing hotel!! We were there in late July 2007 for four nights w/ our three children. It is just beautiful and the location can not be beat in Monte Carlo! Our rooms had the most breathtaking water views w/ huge balconies! (Most of the rooms have an amazing view) The service was impeccable (and they were very children friendly even though the property feels a bit formal) The Sapphir lounge/bar is stunning w/ beautiful views and live music every evening! The Casino was fantastic fun (I should have stopped while I was ahead!!!) but not a crazy mob seen. Oh yes, we took the breakfast every morning which was superb!! When we head back to Monte Carlo we will definitely stay at the Fairmont!!"

• Travel date: 12th August 2007

Wonderful Stay

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We stayed at the Fairmont for 3 nights. Location is within walking distance to restaurants, The Casino, an indoor shopping mall, and scenic views. We had a king bed, which was very comfy. Bathroom was typically small, but toilet & bidet were separated from tub/shower & sink. Plenty of room to walk around--see our photos. There is also a double closet and a desk area which is not shown in the photos. Staff was great, very helpful, and we were able to exchange some US currency right at front desk with no service fee. Casino in hotel wasn't that great. I utilized the beaurty salon one day for an evening event, & was very happy with results. All in all, a very nice hotel and we would stay there again."

• Travel date: 25th July 2007

Great location but dated hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"The Fairmont hotel is in the perfect location but the casino in Monte Carlo, it is literally underneath the centre. There was work being done of the hotel which meant there was a long walk through construction from the front door to the reception area. My balcony looked out over a small quadrangle which there was no access too and faced the balcony's from other rooms, there was no privacy or view. The hotel was dated (which I assume will change after they have finished the work) but the staff were helpful. I had previously stayed at the Monte Carlo Bay hotel which was a similar price but a far more modern hotel."

• Travel date: 7th July 2007

Large and lovely

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"First of all I must tell you ,we booked with Monte-carlo hotels after searching the web for the best price and although this was the best price was suprised to get a free helicopter transfer which was unbelievable so gave us a good start to the weekend. The hotel is thebiggest i have ever stayed in, the rooms were of a decent size however we were not put into one of the redecorated rooms but it was still fine with a balcony facing the courtyard. the hotel was full so breakfast was a bit of a pain as you had to wait to be seated, and I have had better breakfasts but it was adaquate. the staff were very pleasent as were everyone in Monte-carlo ,the pool area was amazing with the best views of Monte-carlo you can get, as others have commented location couldn't have been better. Would I go Back can't wait.!"

• Travel date: 25th June 2007

Beautiful city. Accommodation was high c...

Reviewed 30th June 2004

"Beautiful city. Accommodation was high class quality at a great price, well worth it. The only let down in Monte Carlo is you have to be able to afford the commodities. Shopping isn’t cheap in mantel carol although the goods are of a very high class. The surroundings are gorgeous and the people are very friendly. If you go rent a car and take a drive around the streets of Monaco, made famous by the f1 grand prix."

• Travel date: 30th June 2004

Hotels near Fairmont Monte Carlo

Fairmont Monte Carlo is also called

• Monte Carlo Grand Hotel
  • fairmont hotel monte carlo
  • fairmont resort monte carlo