HOTEL VIEW

Good

Spotless! Friendly, welcoming, and excellent food !

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We were shocked to read some of the reviews on this website - we cannot believe the negative reviews - we have just returned after staying for a wonderful week, and cant wait to return - we plan on returning next year too. The rooms were spotlessly clean, maid service excellent - towels whiter than white :) The bar prices were far cheaper than in England - we cannot compare them to surrounding hotels as we had no need or desire to visit them. As to the food, we left there probably needing to go on a diet ! Note that the pool is only a small splash pool, as detailed in the brochure - but it was totally clear & clean. This hotel is right beside the sea, so the pool was not a problem. The view from our balcony was gorgeous, absolutely fabulous! All the staff were friendly and helpful - we thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning."

• Travel date: 6th September 2005

The worst I have ever been

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"I cannot understand how can anyone like St Patrick Hotel. I ended up staying at St.Patrick Hotel in Xlendy Bay Gozo Malta because it was booked through BelleAir a tour operator based in England - let me warn you it is not worth it if you value your life and your health. We are not the hilton type but rest assured i have never stayed at a place like this - it is really gross. It is so filthy i can not tell you - hairs, bugs, and centipedes. do not sleep on the sheets, i am sure they are contaminated with something. bring a tweezers to strip the bed and your own towels and linens. the blankets look like they were a hundred years old. The staff was fairly friendly but refused to let us leave without paying for the first nights stay. most people rent it by the day or week. this place is no hotel, it is a flophouse for the lowest members of society. you can find another place that is not that much more really, we did. Our taxi driver told us it is the grossest place in Gozo. people who say this place is clean are out of their minds - stay away !!!! One has to be blind not to see the large black cockrouges that dominate St Patrick hotel. I have just returned form what was to be one week stay but I left earlier. I agree with the other reviews who said St Patrick Hotel is the faulty towers of Gozo. Rooms extremely dirty, the daily maid service is at minimum and towels never changed. Luckily we had our own. Under the beds pile of dust and cobwebs with many dead cockrouges hanging along the cobwebs that decorate under the beds. One will never expect stained towels to be found in 4 star hotel. It is an exception that hanging on your bathroom one will find a blood stained towel, and fifty chipped bath supposed to be jacuzzi. If one expect 4 star standard in St Patrick one will be mistaken. Because two stars are more then enough. Do not waste your money do not go to St Patrick Hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2005

St Patrick's Hotel - another happy holiday

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I have stayed at St Patrick's Hotel for the past four summers and I was very surprised and disappointed to read your inaccurate reviews about cockroaches. I have never seen a single cockroach at St Patrick's Hotel even when I stayed off-season. It has a very high level of cleanliness, the staff are friendly and the hotel offers excellent value for money. Your review is not true and I think that local competition might be responsible."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2005

enjoy

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Wehad an excellent holiday over the Christmas period at the St Sant Patricks Hotel I would recomend this hotel to anyone we give this hotel 10 our of 10 and the staff are very friendly and helpful we would go there again as we enjoyed ourselves very much. Our room was very tidy and the bed was clean and the bathroom was clean we had maid service every day nothing to complain about and the food was excellent"

• Travel date: 13th May 2005

Keep away from St. Patrick Hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Stayed at St. Patrick on a late break Nov 2004 (all we could get half term). As it was with a British Tour Operator we did think it would be much better. The Pool is tiny , dirty and in the shade apart from an hour at noon. The rooms are dark and infested with cockroaches at the back of the building overlook the wall of the same hotel. although it doesn't look as if anyone has worked on it for years. Lots of stray cats live there though. The restaurant stank of stale cigarettes and was in semi darkness. How this got a 4* in beyond comprehension."

• Travel date: 11th December 2004

St Patrick dominated by Cockroaches

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"St. Patrick is the faulty towers of Gozo. I arrived to find chipped furniture, no ventilation. And most of all very filthy room. The bathroom had the toiled seat broken on the dirty urine stained toilet. The food in the restaurant is unedible and drinks at the bar are so expensive that all the guests were using other nearby bars. St. Patrick is dominated by cockroaches, which come to visit you during the night on the bed, in the bathroom crawling form the bathroom air vent all over the hotel. It was disgusting then seeing cockroaches even in the restaurant. Even the the only tiny pool (if you can call it a pool) the size of a bath 6ft X 4 ft. just to stand in it ) was filthy with gray water. St Patrick is the hotel from hell. My advice do not go there."

• Travel date: 28th November 2004

Don't be put off

Good
Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Having booked 2 nights at St Patricks we had severe misgivings having read the hairy bed review. Luckily we had the courage of our convictions, and thank goodness we did. The hotel is in an excellent situation, and we were very impressed with the hotel, restaurant and staff. On arrival we were upgraded to a suite, spontaneously, and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our stay"

• Travel date: 2nd October 2004

Had some cleanliness issues - hair in sheets & cockroach

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"The hotel is gorgeous. Xlendi bay where its located is gorgeous!! When we arrived at the hotel the manager told us there was a little problem with our reservation so he was going to give us a free upgrade and put us in a room with a balcony and sea view and jacuzzi tub. That was kind of funny considering we paid extra for a room with a balcony and sea view. The jacuzzi.....more like a bathtub. Everything was fine until I pulled back the sheets and there was HAIR EVERYWHERE. It was disgusting. I called down to the front desk & told them and asked for new sheets. The lady sounded very inconvenienced but said she would be up. 20 minutes later theres a knock on our door and she just handed me the sheets and walked away. Next night...found a cockroach. They gave us a new room "free of charge" (like it should be). We still had to pay for the cockroach room. We pulled back the sheets in our new room only to find HAIR EVERYWHERE. At the end of everything we were given a small apology and reminded we still owed .75 cents for a map we took. The hotel and location are gorgeous, but new staff and management are needed."

• Travel date: 6th July 2004

Loved the seaview from the balcony

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Great Hotel, Nice Atmosphere (in the whole town). Take a seaview room, because the view from the balcony is stunning. You can't get nearer to the sea in any other hotel."

• Travel date: 28th June 2004

old-fashiond hospitality

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"just stayed there for five days and enjoyed every minute : the situation, right on the sea front, is perfect ; rooms, especially those with balconies overlooking xlendi bay, are quiet and spacious, with modern bathrooms, airconditioning etc ; food and drink are good, service is excellent ; altogether a most enjoyable experience"

• Travel date: 26th November 2003