About Park Hotel

• rooftop pool

Good

GREAT HOTEL GREAT STAFF GREAT LOCATION

Reviewed 8 months ago

"Great Hotel, Great staff, Great location. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very welcome. Breakfast was very good with a good variety .I had my evening meal one night in there and it was the best pizza I have had. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi was a lovely way to relax after and day of walking around. It was a just a few meters to the main sea road where buses run and as it was in a side street it was nice a quiet. The room was big with a kettle to make coffee and tea. The TV had many English stations. Nice big bathroom and a small balcony to sit out on to relax. It was nice and clean and the lady who cleaned was so friendly. I had such a lovely time I would go back there any time and look forward to."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2019

disgrace beg bugs

Reviewed Thu 31st of May 2018

"this is not a 4 star hotel stayed only 1 night bed bugs blood stained mattresses the awful breakfast bread and butter pudding on breakfast buffet 2 star tops hotel refused to give me refund,booking.com refunded me as a good will gesture 25 euro so run down dirty hotel inspectors need to be more visual.never again booking .com recieved the photos and totally horrified,stay away you have been warned"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2018

Hardly 2 stars hotel and I'm very kind today!

Reviewed Fri 19th of August 2016

"This is hardly a two stars hotel let alone a four stars, forget all the standards that you have ever seen in the other hotels. Dirty, worn and old 'carpets', bad beds (uncomfortable, very very noisy and they move away from each other when you roll over in the bed), broken shower hanger. Free WIFI only in the lobby otherwise you have to pay (what is it???? 1855, even hostels have a free WIFI everywhere!!!!) and even the connection in lobby is bad,it is very hard to connect and you can easily been thrown out of the network several times during an hour. VERY VERY NOISY HOTEL!!!! and the staff don't do anything about it! Teenagers SCREAMING 24/7 everywhere in the hotel, in the corridors, lobby...everywhere. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful but some others were not. It felt like that someone has forced them to be there, weren't welcoming at all.
On the other hand the location was perfect, breakfast was acceptable and some of the staffs were nice and helpful! I will not book this hotel again!

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2016

the pits

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2016

"I would be very interested in photos of the room and the indoor pool and the decking on the outdoor pool on the top of the park hotel.I have complained to the tour operator but they insist that the conditions i complained about did not exist,just wish i had taken photos.
The hallway carpets were dirty and threadbare the bed ,sheets were not changed during our stay,the only time our room was clean is when my wife cleaned it,in the dinning room on a number of times i had to get my own cutlery,and to use PLASTIC tea spoons at breakfast is a no go ,when i in about metal teaspoons i was told people pinch them all the time."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2016

One star and that,s pushing it!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2014

"Where to start with the Park Hotel? I spent a week there on a family holiday in August and the place is the pits.
The reception and seating area look impressive but don,t let that fool you! The rest of the hotel is dull.dirty,drab and dilapidated.Its in dire need of modernization and the electrical. definitely needs urgent attention before someone gets electrocuted.Don,t be hoping for a restful nights sleep as you won,t have it as the beds are so hard it would be more comfortable lying on the stone floor.Plus there are no sea views to be had even though it states it in the Hotels information guide.Lastly if you have any complaints or need help in anyway don,t even bother going to the reception to discuss anything with the staff are they are useless,very arrogant,ignorant and unhelpful."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2014

Poor beds and food

Reviewed Thu 26th of April 2012

"The hotel had appalling matresses, even though we upgraded to their best room. The walls and bathroom were grubby, there were lots of large groups staying in the hotel and the breakfast was of very poor quality."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2012

no way 4 star

Reviewed Wed 2nd of September 2009

" the staff are very good,but i do not rate this hotel anywhere near a 4 star and indeed have stayed at better 2 star hotels.the so called air con does not work efficiently and needs updating.the hotel needs a complete makeover from top to bottom.the food was quite poor and i had to change board basis from half board to b and b after a couple of nights. the pool is very small and shallow and i would have felt very unsafe if i had kids with me as the pool is on the seventh floor with only a 4 foot wall around with no warning signs of a seventy foot drop on the other side.the position of the hotel is fair but most rooms have a very poor out look usually onto backstreets,all in all i suppose you get what you pay for, very average."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Ok Base for first time in Malta

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Summary
In short, this is a good base hotel to stay in Sliema, Malta. As a travel agent, we have stayed in many, many hotels and resorts, and this hotel was an “ok” stay. We have been to various 3 star hotels, and resorts, and this one is accurately listed as a 3 star. The hotel is clean overall, perhaps showing some signs of aging in some areas (worn carpets in areas), and some service/quality issues.

The staff were professional and did their best to accommodate as much as possible. The food at breakfast was bearable, but for those who like a good cup of coffee to start the day, I hate to say it, but look elsewhere. If I were offered the fullboard basis at this hotel, I would maybe only choose breakfast or at most, halfboard, and eat at the many wonderful restaurants Sliema has available.

The Park Hotel is located in excellent proximity to the Strand in Sliema, Malta, and walking distance to just about everything one could want, including Laundromat, grocery store, and many tourist shops, bars and restaurants. The rooftop pool and view are wonderful, and the hotel is located on a quiet side street, off the main strand.

• Reception (check-in)
Our transfer from malta airport was via Mercedes Benz, and we quickly arrived at Park Hotel (within 20 minutes from airport). The checkin was good and efficient, we provided our hotel vouchers, and were given our room key within 15 minutes.

• Rooms
We were provided a room in the front of the building, which overlooked the street and lovely houses across the street. The room we were given I believe was scheduled for some upgrading, as the sliding balcony door took MUCH effort to open. We requested assistance with this, and someone came 2nd day and fixed the gliders. The room also had a kitchenette, and a wonderfully clean bathroom. Again, we did not use the kitchenette, as there are so many wonderful places to eat, to sit and have a drink in the fantastic Maltese warmth, that it would have been a waste to eat in the room.

There is a large closet that can easily hold a week’s clothing, as well as storage for your suitcases.

The bathroom has a very modern sink and marble countertop. Shower water pressure was good as well. Cleanliness is a biggie, and this bathroom was clean!

The balcony (which is on the smallish side) had a straight ahead view of the side street and looking left one can view the wonderful Mediterranean sea (walking distance to Med, 4 minutes straight out from hotel). The balcony had two chairs and a small table, where one could sit and comfortably have a coffee (home brewed) the restaurant coffee was just yucky. The balcony (chairs also) are a tad dusty, its Malta!), but that didn’t matter much, as we spent most time out walking the streets and beaches of Malta, rather than sitting inside.

• Pools
There is a rooftop at the Park Hotel, where many hotel residents seemed to spend the day. We preferred to walk and swim in the Med, so we only checked out the rooftop pool long enough to say we’d been there. The rooftop pool does have a pool bar, where hotel guests can purchase drinks. The view from the rooftop is nice enough, as you can get a good view of the Med, but because its on a side street, versus oceanfront property, your view naturally is blocked a bit by surrounding buildings

• Beach
The beaches in Malta are different, in that they are not sandy, beaches one would expect to find in the Caribbean, in most areas. In contrast, the beaches here are formed from limestone, and residents and tourists alike, lay out on the softened limestone, next to the Mediterranean and the breezes off the water are just perfect. To be honest, the temperature in Malta is one of the best I’ve experience (remember this was September), as its not too hot, definitely never too cool, and even in the evenings one can easily walk around in tank top, short sleeve, what have you, and the breezes, even at night is wonderfully warm and comforting.

• Ocean
We can’t say enough about the Mediterranean. Malta provides ladders etched into the limestone slabs where swimmers can easily climb down into the water and go for a swim. They also have created these great breakwater areas (small pools) where people who don’t care to swim out, can sit in the water (somewhat like a wading pool). The water in the Sliema area was never too rough to swim, and was very refreshing.

• Sliema Strand Markets, Restaurants, Bars/Pubs
All along the strand you can find anything you need, whether it be stamps, disposable cameras, tourist knick-knacks. There are also so many places to eat, drink and be merry. They have an ingenious setup at restaurants and bars along the strand itself, for those wanting to watch sporting events, they have these huge flatscreen TV’s set up, and people can sit and watching the event of their choice (there was much soccer on). My husband was delighted that he could watch many of the World Rugby Cup games, while sitting outside in the waonderful night air, and have a pint.

Some sample prices for meals or drinks & other, are as follows:
- GOOD meal (3 courses): 20 MTL (approx 45 euro)
- beer (1 pint): 0.45 MTL (approx 1.05 euro), compare with 2.50-3.00 euro in Italy
- cocktails: 1.50-2.00MTL (approx 4.50 euro)
- pop: 0.30 MTL (approx .70 euro)
- laundry 20 MTL (46 euros – this was not cheap, but my GOD they fold & press everything, even underwear!)

Personal Notes
We have tried to keep the Park Hotel, Sliema Malta review as neutral as possible, but you will naturally see we liked and disliked some aspects. Everyone has their own preferences.

This resort is good as a moderate to basic accommodations stay, for upscale I would recommend the Golden Tulip Vivaldi, Hotel Fortina, Hotel Juliani, or even Preluna. If/when we go again, I would stay at Oceanfront, rather than a sidestreet hotel, just for something different.

Internet Usage cards: This was a peculiar situation at the Park Hotel, because if you didn’t get one early in the morning (i.e. tried to purchase one at night, they were all gone in the evening, and no more are made available until 9:00am the next day, which I found strange) as there might be no one using the computer terminals, but they still couldn’t issue a card…

They have a bar/tv room in the Park Hotel, for those wanting to watch a “real” TV. The in-room tv’s have LIMITED channels, and are strange to turn on. You have to turn on the power button, until it goes red, then turn on the channel buttons. Different, but experienced this type of multi-step tv power on process in France as well.

If you are looking for a good clean basic stay hotel in Malta, don’t be afraid to choose Park Hotel, or contact me for some additional suggestions."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

I travelled to Malta alone for one week...

Good
Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"I travelled to Malta alone for one week at the beginning of July 2007 and I stayed at the Park Hotel, Sliema.

The room I had was large, bright, airy, and clean. It had a TV, fridge and patio doors leading on to the balcony. The hotel is up the street from the promenade so I wasn't surprised to find that my view was of the building across the street.

I was booked half board but I only had dinner in the hotel twice. I found the food to be edible but a little bland and not really to my taste. I prefer fresh salads and seafood, the restaurant at the Park Hotel was very much meat and two veg.

My mum and dad would've loved it! Breakfast had the same good selection every morning. Hot breakfast with a cold buffet including cereals and fresh fruit set me up for the day every morning.

The hotel had a lovely little pool on the roof of the building, was very peaceful while I was there. They sell snacks at the pool bar, I only ever had a milkshake, but that was very tasty.

The found the staff to be courteous and friendly, the maid did a fantastic job each day with my room.

The Park Hotel is graded 4 star but I would say it is more like a British 3 star. It's a nice, clean hotel that is perfectly located for touring around Malta. It is only 100m from the bus stop and a 10 minute walk from the Valletta ferry.

Things you must do when in Malta?

Have dinner in the Piccolo Padre which is overlooking the bay at the start of St Juliens. Try and get a seat on the balcony, the view is lovely. The food is delicious, beautiful salads, wonderful seafood, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Wander around Valletta popping into the War Museum, The Lascaris War Rooms, St John's Cathedral, and the Barracca Gardens. Stop for a chilled lager and watch the world go by.

I would recommend a cruise to the Blue Lagoon but don't go for the around Malta Cruise; it was rather long and boring. I wish I'd got a boat straight there so I could have spent more time exploring the Blue Lagoon.

Visit the Hypogeum but remember to book first.

I thoroughly enjoyed my week in Malta; as a 30 year old female travelling alone it was the perfect location. I was out and about, all day and all evening, not once did I feel unsafe. If you are looking for sunshine, history, and good food then I would recommend Malta."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Air Conditioning.....only at the start of June!!!!

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me.
We took our five month old daughter to see her Grandparents who were staying in the Waterfront (very nice and will try and stay there next time)
Yes we looked for a cheap deal but also needed A/Conditioning for the nipper. The first day saw temperatures of 32C so we were a bit concerned with the heat in the room and no cool air coming out of the integrated fan in the room. We went to the front desk to see what the problem was and were told that the A/C was not switched onuntil 1st June !!!!
On the third day of complaining they moved us to a Suite on the 6th floor. Unfortunely there was mildew 6 inches up the net curtains with the accompanying smell. They moved us to another Suite on the 4th floor. Unfortunately this was next to the Elavator shaft that was being built!! We gave up and put up for the rest of the stay.
Malta is nice and we're not put off from going again but not the same hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Definately NOT 4 Star

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Booked this hotel after being let down by an online booking agent cancelling my Waterfront booking. Took this as a last minute alternative based on the star rating. Definately not a 4 star. Food was awful (my gammon steak consisted of a bacon rasher!). Rooms overlooked the rear of an appartment block, washing and all. We could not have the curtains open.On goiing for a walk one night we discorvered the Victoria which is definately a 4 star. i suggest the management of the Park go to the Victoria or the Waterfront and see what a 4 star hotel should be like!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

4 star is not strictly accurate

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We visited in early May and there was quite a lot of Building work going on especially on the first and top floors. We had a suite at the end of a corridor on the 6th Floor and looked out onto residential flats about 10 yards away complete with laundry on balconies and barking dogs - our balcony was all of 18* wide. Could hardly stand on it never mind sit out on it. Not my idea of a balcony. Reception and Lounge areas were the nicest - some staff helpful, others couldn't really be bothered. I would have said it just made 3*."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Hotels near Park Hotel

Top traveller tips for Park Hotel

• rijjj by rijjj

"good location of resort "

• Steve J by Steve J

"Pick a room near the front and top of hotel away from the school parties "

• Lady POTTER by Lady POTTER

"I would suggest that you do not go to the Park Hotel at all. "

• g.d.e by g.d.e

"easy one this DONT GO THERE "