Bella Vista Hotel

Qawra Coast Road, Qawra, Island of Malta SPB 1908 Malta

Good

Better than what I read on here!!

"Just come back end of May 06. Half Board didnt know what to expect after reading this site. Was pleasantly suprised.

A nice hotel very clean and tidy. Ideally situated for a quieter holiday 5 - 10 min walk from Budgiba Square / Qawra if you want the hussle and night life its not too far away, otherwise there is a bar and entertainment. Nice roof top sunbathing with jacussi and another bar. Gets the sun all day up there. Indoor pool and jacussi small but not too bad.

Room was basic similar to travel lodge style with wardrobe, bedside units on suite bathroom full size bath and shower, hairdryer safe and mini cooler ( have to pay for cooler expensive too). Towels and linen changed every day room cleaned too.
Meals - were a fair selection but repetitive. Full english breakfast, toast, bread cold meats etc. Evening meal selection of starters salad, pasta, soups etc. 3 choices for main meal usually meat - pork, chicken, beef or fish not much for a veggy unless you ask. couple of sweets cheese cake sponge etc.
Be aware All inclusive drinks only include house wine and local spirits and soft drinks...
SOOM ROOMS HAVE A BAD VIEW you are literally 10ft from the opposite balcony no sunlight comes in to the corner - avoid room 229 this has such a view!!! Its kind of a V shape if you are in the point of the V your view is limited and shaded you just wouldnt want to sit out on the balcony here. (unless the person opposite is your best friend).

All in all I had an excellent stay with friendly helpful staff, was well fed through out and would not hesitate to return!!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

excellent hotel!!!

"We have just arrived home from our holiday in malta where we stayed at the hotel Bella Vista. We were a little doubtful to begin with as some of the reviews we read wernt very good. On arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our room overlooked the pool, it was spacious with air conditioning, a fan, mini cooler and safe. I was very impressed with how clean the room was. The room was cleaned everyday, with fresh, clean towels and linen. The food was good, a wide variety was on offer. The pools were clean and plenty of sunbeds to choose from. I particulary liked the roof top bathing area and hot tub and mini bar.All in all an excellent hotel! 10 out of 10!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Great little hotel

"We stayed for a week at the Bella Vista on half board which is something we haven't done before. Qwara is very quiet (but pleasant as you see how the locals live) but Buggiba has bars, shops and restaurants only a short walk away (via the subway to the right of the hotel). The hotel room was clean and spacious with a balcony that overlooked the pool, some buildings and beautiful farmland. We found the food to be excellent value. Breakfast was bread/cheeses/sliced meats/fuit/cereal and a full cooked English if you wanted, all included in the price. The dinner choice was salads/pasta/two choices of meat and one of fish plus choices of vegetable, and desert if you could fit it in! The waiting, reception and bar staff were friendly and helpful.
I think the star ratings are in line with Italian ratings which are based on the facilities which is why the Bella Vista has a four star rating. In the UK it would probably get a 3 and 1/2 to four star. Go with an open mind and you will love the hotel, the Maltese people and their islands. I disagree that it is an old person's destination. We are mid 30's and found loads to do from jet skiiing, casino (locally), catacombs, shopping, swimming, underwater tours etc. Had a fab time, just wish we had longer. We would definitely stay at the Bella Vista again.
Don't take any notice of what your tour rep says about the buses being terrible. They aren't! Buy a cheap week pass from the bus station in Buggiba and you can travel all over the island. Quite a lot of the routes stop right outside the hotel even. Best advice is to ask the station or the bus driver for a free bus route map, we found it really helpful. There was also a shuttle bus from the hotel for those who didn't want to walk to Buggiba."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

dont believe every thing you read,

"a friend of my husband booked the bella vista hotel,as we wanted a cheap holiday at the last minute in march this year.when it had been booked and payed for on a half board basis he let me knoe where we were going to spend a week.when he told us where it was i got straight on the internet and looked up the reviews of the hotel where we were going.i was gutted ,most of the reviews sounded pretty bad,i felt sick at the thought of going but not much i could do cos we were going with another couple,so i prepared myself for the worst and packed my case and even allowed myself extra spends so that i could book into another hotel when i got there cos i dreaded the sound of the bella vista.

we got there and at first noticed the steps you had to go up to get to the hotel,people did warn us on the reviews so i knew to expect them. no problem it was about 6 steps,and if you couldnt lift your case up them im sure someone would of helped,as the people there were so friendly.we were given keys to our room within 5 mins,and went up to the room,it was lovely,it was clean,well spacious and had a good bathroom.the meals were fine ,not like we read on the reviews,plenty of choice and food was always hot.i do not recomend the pool though,it is very small and shaded from the sun,but saying that there was so much to do on the island it wasnt a problem unless you were a fish,buses were great and the hotel put on a minibus almost every hour to take you yo the bus depot it was free of charge and the driver went out of there way to be helpful.if you wanted picking up at the pup in the square you tell the driver about what time you were coming back and he would come back to pick you up even as late as 12 o clock.

so as you can guess i didnt need to change hotels cos i found it great,so dont be put off visit the bella vistea yourself and have a great time there .i would have to add though i wouldnt recommend it for children as there is not much for them to do there.

wendy from manchester."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

Brillant

Good

"We had booked three rooms in the Bella Vista Hotel.
The first one was very nice and it over looked the outdoor swimming pool.The second one was not brillant and the thrid over looked a wall and was very dark and costaphobic,we immediatly asked for the two bad rooms to be changed which the person on reception did.We ended up with three rooms over looking the outdoor pool.The outdoor pool was rather a disapointment as it was not heated and was in the shade.The indoor pool was small but it was heated and very warm.The restraunt was very nice and as we were a party of five they always made us up a table. The evening entertainment was singing on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and sunday. On a Monday it was film night and a Thrusday Bingo. Breakfast started early and last orders were at 9:00am.We were on half board so we never ate lunch at the hotel.In the hotel there was not a lot for children no kids clubs, just some games machines and two pall tables.
On the roof was a sun terice and a jucqusy. There was an internet cafe which had three computers and each internet voucher cost only 60c for a 30 minute slot.
All the staff and maids were very helpful. The backdoor of the hotel was open during the day so you could walk in to Bugibba town center that takes about 15 minutes. There is a gym in the hotel free of charge but not all of it worked. On are last day we had to leave the hotel early to catch are flight and we were to early to have breakfast and the had left out everythink to make coffee alongside with three loaves of bread and jam.At any time you could get board games from reception to play free of charge. They also had a 24hour reception. Persanally i would return to the Bella Vista Hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of April 2006

First class service

"We read some terrible reviews about this hotel, so much so we wanted to change, but we had an all inclusive deal that couldn't be beat, and we are so glad. The Hotel was lovely the room was clean, the staff were friendly.
Admitted the maltese did eat on the weekend but I took that to mean the food must be good, and they did lay on a "special" menu for sunday lunch,I assume because the hotel wasn't full we ate with the locals and did not pay extra as another reviewer did.
(and the maltese guests were the business top limos flash cars). The only thing is the hotels location, but that is easy to work around as the buses are excellent.
Maybe my home cooking leaves a lot to be desired, but we enjoyed every meal,and although we won't be visiting malta again not because it isn't beautiful or interesting or that we didn't have a great time.
But at 40 something i feel we are too young."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of March 2006

***Its a 3 star hotel***

"Arriving at Quawra didn't seem v. welcoming, litter scatted around but the hotel made up for that.My first impressions of the hotel was modern and friendly.The staff were helpful and friendly.
Our room on the fist floor was cool(we stayed there late August)and tidy. We also had a pleasnt view from our baclony. The sheets were fresh and changed daily so were the towels etc.
The facilities were good though I only went in the outdoor swimming pool but there was computers and an a indoor swimming pool and more!
The food wasn't particularly appetising,edible but could have as much as you want.
Location wise, it was OK but it had nearby Buggiba which had shops and a beach. You could walk there in about 10 to 15 minutes and thre was also the shuttlebus that took you there and back.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and to top off my experience at Bella Vista there were fireworks visable from our balcony!!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of February 2006

Eat out to be safe

"I booked this hotel based on price for a cheap New Year get away. It was late at night when we arrived & first impressions from the outside were a bit low. It lokesd a bit of a rough area in the dark. But in daylight it actually looks across the hills and not too bad.Once inside staff seemed friendly and the room was basic but clean. Our view was a brick wall and a foot away from next doors balcony. We were on the 5th floor and were glad not to have one above us. No sleep that night. A boiler or some such thing kicked in for about an hour every 2 hours or so. We were half board breakfast had basic choice but seemed ok. It took 20mins to walk to the sea. A shortcut we later found down back streets knocked 5 off this. Dinner that evening was ok, again basic but choice of 2 meat or fish seemed reasonable. Next night dinner not so good but edible. 3rd night didnt eat much, tired from little sleep due to noise. Less than 2 hours later I started being very sick. Without too much detail I must have spent 20 out of 24 hours in bathroom. During which time the toilet decided to stop flushing. In the middle of the night I was desperate for drinking water. My partner went to reception - who were little help. All they could do was tell him were the vending machine was - which you needed exact change for. All this resulted in us missing any New Year celebrations. When I thought I could finally manage a meal I opted for chicken - it was still pink in the middle!! Needless to say we wont forget this New Year."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006

##Beware##

"When we arrived at the hotel it appeared the prebooked quad room for our family was unavailable. Staff stated there was some confusion with the booking at our end. We had to put another roll up bed in her room and things were a bit cramped.That said we were offered another room three days into our week stay.
The food was awful to say the least and the all inclusive deal was a joke. If you wanted cheese cake or other items you had to pay a supplement. We complained along with other guests but to no avail. If you want a cheap deal fine but as for quality and variety this hotel was lucky to be a three star. I did read the aforementioned comments on this web page prior to booking and took the chance as it was cheap but its true what they say you do get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Good for a short break

Good

"After reading all the reviews of the Bella Vista - I was obviously worried about staying at the Hotel from 28th October for 5 nights. When I arrived it was the early hours of the morning and we got the keys immediately. We were in a very nice room on the 4th floor - although the views were not wonderful on one side. We stayed at the hotel 1/2 board and were pleased that we did and would recommend that guests have 1/2 board rather that all inclusive as it is not a typical all inclusive hotel. The cooked breakfast was ok (served) and you could help yourself to cereals and as much toast/fruit etc as you wanted.

After breakfast we would then walk/bus to various places (especially Valleta 1/2 hour on the bus - an experience!! but worth doing - market/history) and have lunch out (food was very cheap). We would then get back and go onto the roof top to sunbathe (glorious views) and then have a swim in the indoor pool and jucussi. The gym was better equipped then I had read in a previous review - it had about 6 things in there - all looked fairly new.

The evening hot meal was good (served) and you could help yourself to soup/bread, puddings and cheese/biscuits. Wine etc is very cheap - we had a carafe of house red every night about £3.20!!

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel - it depends what you are looking for. It is a fairly small hotel but has some very good points and was always clean and tidy and in my opinion a fairly cheap break. I would even go back there on another small break not mid-summer.

By the way the weather was superb for Oct/Nov about 80 degrees."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Bad times

"Not what I thought it would be reception lady didn't understand what we were saying or wanted,got put in the suites up the road from the hotel which I must say they were clean and big.hotel saying got roof top pool no such thing indoor pool not in use and a poky outdoor pool.food rubbish and bland and the queue were unbelievable, never had that in a hotel before,also having to wear trousers or smart dress for evening meal was the last straw......so all in all, we will definitely won't be coming back here again."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2016

first impressions

"We arrived and given the wrong rooms over looking a swimming pool with filthy plastic and sunbeds
Covering the pool we asked to be move which they did,
The Breakfast was fine , The evening meals not good,The good thing about the hotel the rooms were spotless,

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2016

Hotels near Bella Vista Hotel

Stayed at Bella Vista Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bella Vista Hotel

• dyjas by dyjas

"Sliema and valetta, popeye village and tai crafts centre "

• jontippett by jontippett

"Its a boring town but Bubbiga is close by and is a lot better and a 10 min walk from hotel "

• mrphillipepiper by mrphillipepiper

"Going all over the island with a cheap weeks bus pass "

• fionat by fionat

"If you love churches or coastal scenery, this is the place for you. Bring your camera! "

•  A L Ford by  A L Ford

"A quiet, but delightful resort "

•  A L Ford by  A L Ford

"Did not go into restaurants as we were half board at Hotel, but there are unlimited sights to see "

• maybel by maybel

"The centre of Qawra is a live with restaurants, most of the people who work in Malta are lovely. "

• ferryboat3 by ferryboat3

"Go for it - great value "

• ryan by ryan

"Very good value for money "

• elam by elam

"Ideal for a week's holiday but might get board if any longer. "

• lovethemed1 by lovethemed1

"good place to tour malta "

• lcg by lcg

"not good for a family holiday "

• jos by jos

"go with open mind not other peoples comments "

• Dissapointed by Dissapointed

"Do not expect to much "

• happy traveller by happy traveller

"Use as a base and use local buses,their fun and very cheap.Use roof area amenities. "

• Irish Family by Irish Family

"Visit Mosta, Valetta, San Julian, "

• janice m w by janice m w

"Dont bring children as its too far away from the main area of bugibba "

• Emma W by Emma W

"move to another hotel honestly the staff wont listen to your complaints or help "

• Esprit1515 by Esprit1515

"Go somewhere else......there isn't enough room here to advise people on how to cope with all the issues. "

• Herbiefell by Herbiefell

"Book a Superior room, the hotel does not advertise them but agency's let you book them "

Bella Vista Hotel is also called