Good

Experience at the Panaroma Hotel

Reviewed Wed 16th of January 2013

"Staying at this hotel for nine weeks over Christmas and New Year.
The food was very basic, same thing every other day, Breakfast was boiled egg, bacon and beans, and the following day it was sausage scrambled egg and beans.
Also the scramble egg has bits of the previous days boiled egg in it.
Lunchtime and evening meals were not to bad, rooms were clean and most of the staff were friendly.
Definitely will not be coming to this hell hole, even it was free."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of January 2013

NOT GOOD

Reviewed Sun 6th of January 2013

"Yeh in panamara over xmas for a week .not at all impressed !!! my room was soooo small ,shower was rubbish ...same food every day /night ..so much for all inclusive -waste of money .loved malta but would not stay at this hotel again ..----not ever ..

• Travel date: Sat 5th of January 2013

Panorama hotel

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2012

"My family and I are staying at the Panorama at the moment and have found the hotel to be very good.We have a great sea View and a comfortable room I would recommend this hotel if you want value for your money We Traveled with Cheveron and the rep was very useful at the beginning of our stay Joe the Owner of the hotel, his Wife and staff have been great very welcoming and great with our grandchildren we could not be more happy. The food has been good so far,to our taste and we have enjoyed it very much.Thank you Joe and your wonderful hotel and staff
Trevor Cornwell
Ivybridge
Devon
England"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2012

Why all the negative rewiews?

Reviewed Thu 17th of September 2009

"We have just spent a week at the Panorama Hotel on our honeymoon. I booked the holiday before reading the reviews and I have to say I was really really worried after reading some of the negative ones. However there was no need to worry. Yes, ok, the hotel is fairly basic, but it's a three star hotel. What do people expect? If you want the Hilton, pay for it and go there.

Many people seem to have complained about the age of other guests at the hotel.
We were a lot younger than any of the other guests, I'm 30 and my husband is 27, but this was not an issue. We went to visit Malta not other hotel guests. To be honest I would have slept in a cardboard box if it meant having such amazing views. The hotel was clean, the staff were lovely, and the food was good.The bathroom was clean, towels changed daily. The one experience we weren't entirely happy about was on our last evening when we were in our room, myself in the shower and my husband packing, and a German guest let herself into our room with a key. I have no idea how her key worked in our door, but in the end we saw the funny side. I think she was more embarrassed than us!

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and went out during the day and in the evenings to eat. There were some fantastic places to eat, particularly the Last Paradise on the main road to the beach. The beaches are amazing and it is well worth hiring a car to make sure you visit them all. All in all, it was a fantastic honeymoon. We looked around at other hotels when we were there and can honestly say that there isn't a single other hotel we would have rather stayed in. A holiday is what you make it, and I can't understand in a place as beautiful as Malta, why people would focus so much on picking fault with what is actually a decent hotel. I can only assume that some people enjoy a good moan!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

The Panorama was so friendly that I will...

Reviewed Sun 27th of July 2008

"The Panorama was so friendly that I will definatly be going back.
Joe the owner and his family and staff were all brilliant. The room was fairly basic but it was clean and the water was lovely and hot in the shower.
The breakfast was good and I didn't hear anyone complain in the two weeks we were there. The bar is friendly and the entertainment good. what more do you need apart from a fantastic beach down the road and bus routes all over the island 5 minutes walk away. there is a nice clean pool which is safe for kids and a fantastic veiw of Gozo from every room ."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

So-So

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"The Panorama is a pretty basic hotel in a beautiful setting. I wasn't too impressed with Malta as a whole, but I would say that Mellieha was probably the best place to stay - it wasn't too tacky. I have to say that the hotel was immaculately clean but there was no real atmosphere. The bar was small and too brightly lit. I think that two star is probably quite an accurate rating."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of December 2005

Loved the location - have booked again for next year same Hotel

Good
Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"After reading the previous reviews - I was a bit worried abouot the Hotel - I have just had a fantastic holiday at the Panorma - the location is the best on the Island - the staff are wonderfull, very friendly - We stayed B & B, and enjoyed trying all the the local restaurants - breakfast was good. - The pool is in the shade - but a 10min walk(downhill) will take you to a lovely golden beach - with warm clear waters to swim in - We traveled everywhere by local buses (great fun and very regular and cheap) - I have came home and booked up for the same again next year - Great Time!! The view from the Panorama is Breathtaking."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

Don't Expect to Much

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"This hotel must have the best views in Malta, absolutly breathtaking however this dose come at a price, if you are not really fit you will need a car to get around, but it is well worth the effort.
The hotel is about to have some refurbishment and it is long overdue, all araes could benefit from some upgrading, The carpets throughout are appalling, and more storage is needed in the bedrooms, it is very basic. The quality and quanitity of the food was good but really spoiled by the lack of choice, when we asked for more choices we were told by a manager that we British only like beans on toast or chips, not a very helpful attitude really.
The staff were mostly helpful, fun and friendly, one did manage to get the menu changed one evening which was really appreciated by one of our partry. We were told by our rep that there have been problems recruiting another chef and it did feel at times that breakfasts were being prepared by serving staff who were always very busy. We did not use the pool as the sun does not get round to it at this time of the year and so it was very cold, we did however go in the sea which was lovely.
There were four of us in our party who had all been to Malta before, we would all return to the Panorama but look forward to the refurbishment."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of October 2005

The Best Resort In Malta

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We have read reviews, before leaving, and wondered what to expect
after 14 years. Did not have to worry....Superb, Magnificent, Simply the
Best. Should be upgraded to a 3/4 star. Service by all staff was 100%
commitment,they were polite,courteous,and always available to assist
in any requests or problems there guests faced, Breakfast,Lunch and
Dinner Times. Thankyou!!

The meals were Fantastic, and catered we felt for all tastes,we have to
compliment the Chef, and all there assistance for magnificent Menu's.
Thankyou!!

We did not need Entertainment, although it was provided. As we were there
to Chill, Relax, and do not need to Drink to say we have enjoyed ourselves.
We were quite happy to soak up the atmosphere, the scenery and just be with the Maltese people.
Thankyou!!"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

be very careful

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"beatiful location friendly staff on the whole. rooms were dirty and in dire need of refurbishment made the best of a very bad job, going to the travel agents today to lodge our complaint the hotel was not presented as it was in the brochure it has been downgraded to a two star and is most definitely not a three star will not go back to this hotel transfer from airport to hotel 2 hours because of the number of hotels in different resorts to pick up from.
things we found-
mildew on the shower, toilet, and wash basin
dirty stained pillows
torn mattresses
filthy carpets
dirty laundry left in corridors fro two days
dirty glasses left in the hallway
poor staff training"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

Panorama Hotel- there IS a view!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Room was small, breakfast was OK, lots of eggs, scrambled or boiled mostly!
No bed linen on first day but sorted for every other day, reasonably clean, air conditioning in room didnt work, hotel really needed a bit of an overhaul, all a bit dated especially the "games room"- snooker table... but- nice views, friendly staff, nice barman, and the entertainment in the evenings was quite funny- e.g "malta, we love malta, these are the things we'd alter.."
Mellieha beach was disappointing, altho the village itself was lovely. There are other nice places to go if you use the brilliant orange and yellow buses and explore."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

Absolutely awful!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My wife and I first stayed at this three star hotel in 1997 and it was an extremely good, family business, with friendly staff and good food, served in a bright and cheerful dining room overlooking the bay.

Immediately below was the small pool.

We returned llast year, to a complete disaster!

The night that we arrived, reception said that we would be in a temporary room as our would not be ready until the next day (despite having booked ten months previous)! Well, the first night was spent in a room six feet wide into which two single beds had been wedged so that we had to climb over at the end to get in.

The food was poor to say the least, and never more than one vegetable, and the sweet trolley was non-existent.

The lounge was uncomfortable and with very little space, and the bar was small and smokey.

On our return we complained to the company with whom we had booked, and they literally accused us of not telling the truth about the conditions. We eventually received an 'ex-gratia' payment of £50.

We reported the instance to the Maltese Tourist Board as we felt that their good name was being let down, and they repsponed very positively. The hotel's official rating has been down-graded to 2 star, although the compnay with whom we booked is still describing it as 3!

I would be happy to tell anyone who the company is - just be aware!!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of March 2005

Hotels near Panorama Hotel

Top traveller tips for Panorama Hotel

• rosemae by rosemae

"The Last Paradise was a great place to eat.There's too much to see in one week only. "

• Trev C by Trev C

"Be Polite to the staff and have a talk we Joe the owner He Is very accomadating "

• crabpm by crabpm

"Don't eat Breakfast, and be carefull whaat you do eat "

Panorama Hotel is also called