Nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We have just come back from our holiday at the Luna Complex. When we first got there we where taken to the 2 bed apartment. These are not in the hotel, you have to go around the back and down the road. It aslo had no lift and we where on the 5th floor. We ask at reception if we could move to a one bedroomed and the manager did not have a problem with moving us. The only downfall was that there was no air-con in the rooms and the ceiling fans did absolutely nothing. When the temperature is in the 40's you need air-con. The staff are very helpful, but just a word of warning, if you are taking your own towels don't leave them hanging about, the maids have a thing about taking your towels to the laundry, we lost 2 of them. I would recommend this hotel but not in the middle of summer."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Love the Luna

Good
Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"Just returned today from a 7 day stay in the Luna Complex at Meliaha Bay in Malta. I have stayed there before with all of my family. This time just with my Aunty.We are both middle aged women. We bought our holiday from Direct Holidays. It cost £215 including Meals in flight and transfers. The complex is idealy situated a couple of hundred yards from a glorious sandy beach, sunbeds and umbrellas can be hired quite cheaply and they are placed right up to the waters edge. Back to the complex! Studio Room consists of a long room with bathroom on your right as you enter, shower, loo and wash basin. Twin beds, with wardrobe on each side, round dining table, three chairs. dressing table. Sofa bed for third person. Balcony with chairs. Room contained fitted units containing every item needed for self catering. (we had no intention of cooking though) even a can opener. Sink unit, mini oven for grilling or toasting, and 4 gas rings. Fridge with ice box. It was perfect for our needs. There was entertainment in the lounge bar or outside by the pool as it got hotter. 2 swimming pools, one on the ground floor patio/sun deck and one on the roof of the new extention, both excellent and spotlessly clean. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. Not a hint of a spider or a cockroach. Room had no gaps in skirtings or holes in woodwork for anything to crawl through! restaurant on ground floor, with good choice of food, bar snacks, room service at no extra charge. 2 bars. Mini market down stairs to rear of building.
I cant reccomend Luna highly enough. I am just wondering if its the best kept secret in Malta and am I putting myself at risk of finding it fully booked when I want to go again by spreading the good news?"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

resonable hotel

Good
Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Stayed at the luna complex in october 2005 at the end of the last few weeks the hotel is open. The hotel was ok, the room was clean and had most things you need in a self catering appartment. It was a little noise at times as it over looked the main road to the beach.But went quite late at night. The hotel food was not great but the staff are very friendly and helpful.
This building used to be several hotels at one time so access to rooms means following the maze of corridors on the bottom floor were they are all joined.
this hotel is between the village (which is a uphill trex) and the beach down the hill. only 10 mins walk to the village 5 mins to beach.
Diving in malta is the best i have experianced . I used MELDIVES just along from the luna complex towards the beach. they dive mostly in the morning which free up the rest of the day to site see. dive's were very resonable cheap at approx £15 a dive some of which are boat dives. I did 4 dives with mel and it only cost me £65 english money. also got a tee shirt free.
I would recommend hireing a car for your duration as there is'nt many much to see in the area and resturants local to the hotels are not all that good.
overall i had a great hoilday but would only stay for 11 nights as 14 was too long without transport all the time."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of May 2006

Overall

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"The staff were very friendly and helpful, but I wish that we had known that the road was so busy. Our studio fronted onto the road and it was impossible to have the patio doors open day or night with so much traffic on the road. One of our neighbours said that she would be glad to get home as sleeping on the M25 could not be worse. The food was pretty average. We paid for half board and were only allowed a restricted menu for a la carte evening meal, so we ended up eating out quite a lot. Mellieha is not bad but overall I think it is expensive and will become even more so if the golf course is built between Golden Bay and Mellieha. We did however have a great holiday because we did hire a car to get us around the island."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005

Would recommend the Luna

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We visited Mellieha Bay in August and had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Luna Holiday Complex which was excellent. We had a Superior Studio which was very nicely decorated and very spacious and quiet. The staff at the complex were very friendly and helpful. Everywhere was spotless. The restaurant food was pretty average. We went to the Fruit de Mer restaurant just next door. The food was excellent and so was the service. If you visit Bugibba, try the Argentinian Steak House on Priory Street - great steaks! If you fancy diving, visit "Meldives" down on the waterfront in Mellieha Bay. Very experienced and reasonably priced. The beach at Mellieha Bay was good, with shallow waters which are great for children. We did'nt go on any organised trips, but hired a car which was definately worth it.
Overall, we had a brilliant holiday and will be going back again. We would highly recommend the Luna Holiday Complex and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

Great hotel!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We were suprised about the hotel. Thought it was a "so-so", but our apartment (we paid a bit extra to get a nice one) was big and clean.
Very good service at the hotel. The only negative thing was that during the 2 weeks we were there, the pool wasn't cleaned once..."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2005