About Maria Giovanna Guest House

• outdoor furniture
  • shared lounge tv area
  • italian amenities
  • bicycle rental
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • babysitting
  • canoeing off site

Good

Wonderful experience

Reviewed 16th June 2014

" "I spent 7 nights in this lovely family hotel with a fantastic location. I was highly impressed by the service received and staff were friendly and hugely supportive.Very clean and relaxing environment.I really enjoyed the breakfast especially the fabulous fresh coffee. One of my best experiences!. I would like to go again and highly recommend it to others. Wishing all the best to the sisters(Anna & Sonia) and their families!" Valentina"

• Travel date: 15th June 2014

Lovely!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I spent 9 nights as a single traveler in this guesthouse. And as it has been mensioned before Maria Giovannna is more than guesthouse. It is a very nice family hotel. The room was very clean, breakfast was absolutely great (watch out! homemade pastry is gorgeous and too tempting :)). And of course staff / owners were very friendly and helpful and made my staying in there as comfortable as it was possible. Love it! and definitely will be back soon! Cheers, Katharina"

• Travel date: 30th July 2009

Like a boutique hotel

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"Maria Giovanna Guest House is more like a boutique hotel then a guest house. Run by two sisters it is immaculate clean, the rooms are furnished with beautiful pieces of furniture. After great breakfast (everything plus excellent pastries) there is an outdoor lounge where you can chat with the owners or with fellow travellers. As others also we were lucky enough to enjoy the rabbit stew dinner, a real gourmet treat. Give yourself a present and spent at least some part of your Malta/Gozo holiday in this beautiful property. There are no TV or phone in the rooms but this is only a plus in our book."

• Travel date: 20th July 2009

What wonderful hosts and beautiful place

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"We were coming to Malta from Sweden, on a week-long vacation. When we found the guesthouse in Lonely Planet, we were just about to give up on the hotel scene of Malta and Gozo. Everything we found was too expensive, too unattractive or too commercialized. After reading the reviews of Maria Giovanna Guesthouse in Lonely Planet (which by the way does not do the place justice at all, despite it's positive reviews) we decided to look it up on the internet. After having seen pictures of the rooms, we were very excited, and sent off an email. The swift, professional and lovely response from the owners made us decide to change our travelplans alltogether, and reroute our stay from being just a two night stay in Gozo, to spending our weeklong vacation in the same spot, in the same Guesthouse. We could not have been happier with the service, the kind hosts, the lovely and very affordable rooms, the comfortable romantic atmosphere and the amazing kindness we received throughout the week. Maria also whipped up dinner for us, despite hardly being given any notice, and the fact that she is a marvelous cook did not hurt. Her rabbit stew as well as her octopus pasta are to die for, as well as the wholesome and apetizing breakfast buffet. Thanks to Sonia, Anna, Maria and Joseph our vacation was everything we could ever have wanted and more. I'm so happy we found you, and we will make sure to come again, and tell all our loved ones about you. I wish you the best for the upcoming season Hanin"

• Travel date: 16th June 2009

friendly family fun hotel

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"we had a wonderful stay at the Maria Giovanna hostel. the family are very attentive, friendly & helpful. the room we stayed in was smaller than most of the rooms but adequate for 4 nights, the bed was very comfortable & elegantly furnished. breakfast was eggs along with some delicious breads & pastries. the hotel organised a free pick up from the ferry. we also celebrated a birthday during our stay & the hotel very sweetly organised a birthday cake... thank you sonia..."

• Travel date: 16th May 2009

Charming & Friendly Guest House

Good
Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Maria Giovanna Hostel and were very impressed. Although definately more Guest House than Hostel. Sonia and the family were very friendly and always around for information or just a friendly hello. Our room was beautiful, full of old furniture and character and a nice little balcony for sitting out in the evening. Unfortunately, because of the style of buildings in the town, the room or balcony never really got any sun so the air temperature in the room remained rather cold, but this is probably a benefit in the summer months. Breakfast was very nice, although not the feast that we were expecting after some of the reviews on this site ! Dinner was offered in passing when we checked in but no other information, time, cost etc were provided. A menu posted in the reception area with time and cost, asking people to sign up for the evening meal would be a good idea. Apparently, the kitchen and dining areas were also open for guest use in the evening but again there was little information about this and it was not encouraged. Overall, a very nice place to stay, nice location near the seafront and we would highly recommend a few nights to relax on the beautiful Island of Gozo. Be aware that cash is the only form of payment accepted !"

• Travel date: 28th April 2009

Welcoming and Beautiful!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"My partner and I found this place through Lonely Planet, and didn't expect more than another hostel, but what we found when we arrived was a beautiful and comfortable bed and breakfast! The owners are a wonderful family who is ready to help guests with any questions. There is even a free shuttle offered from the ferry. The included breakfast is great - homemade baked goods, coffee or tea, even scrambled eggs! Our private room had a balcony, and our bathroom was equipped with the best shower i have ever used in my life. And a block from the beach? Perfect! A perfect place to have a relaxing stay on beautiful Gozo. The best accommodation of my 8 week trip in Europe."

• Travel date: 1st December 2008

Storybook Experience

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"After a swim in the Mediterranean in late November, I was welcomed by Maria Giovanna herself with a bowlful of hot tea and freshly baked cakes. Twin sisters Anna and Sonia and their father are lovely hosts as well, effusive about Gozo with recommendations as to what to do and how to get there. The rooms are refurbished in a chic fashion yet remain authentic to the Gozitan village style. There was a large fan in the room which is perfect for light sleepers like me. Off-season, the prices can't be beat, at 25 euros for a single. After a not-so-good hotel in Malta, this guesthouse was a dream come true. Fantastic hiking around the Marsalforn salt pans is nearby, as well as coves for swimming. You will love your own storybook experience in this treasure of a guesthouse."

• Travel date: 30th November 2008

The perfect choice

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"If you go to Malta: go to Gozo, if you go to Gozo : go to Maria Giovanna Hostel. The family is really nice and made everything to enjoy our stay in Gozo. We were in a nice appartement, fully equiped with everything you need . The appartement was just a few minuts ago from the hostel, just 200 m ago from the sea , a perfect location. I had never had a such good breakfast : homemade cakes everydays ... the breakfast room is nice also. If we come back in Gozo (I hope so) we will go to Maria Giovanna again, it will be a pleasure to see them again."

• Travel date: 13th August 2008

Hotels near Maria Giovanna Guest House

Maria Giovanna Guest House is also called

• gozo malte
  • maria giovanna
  • hotel maria giovanna guest house