Good
Good

My holiday stay

Reviewed 29th April 2014

"I have just returned after a week from 19th April 2014 with my daughter and son in law. We had a lovely time we were met by Robert on our arrival and shown to our rooms, he was very helpful and polite. The rooms were ok all we needed was there a cooker fridge/freezer, microwave, hot water and a shower, the room was very clean. We only wanted a base as we were out most of the time. Good value. "

• Travel date: 27th April 2014

Highly recommended

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We booked a self-catering apartment at the Shamrock Apartments this November for 2 weeks. Shamrock apartments are centrally located, with a 5 minute walk away from restaurants, banks, the promenade and bus terminus. We had a 2 bedroom apartment, which was very clean, bright and spacious. The owners were very helpful and they gave us directions to visit the most popular beaches and historic sites of the beautiful island of Malta. I recommend these apartments to others, and will definitely visit again next year."

• Travel date: 19th November 2009

clean, spacious, conveniently located, run by helpful family!

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"I can't say enough good things about the Shamrock. Antida and her family really go out of their way to make your stay peaceful and pleasant. They have an office on the premisis and are always willing to help in any way possible. The apartments themselves are basic but well equipped. The water is hot, the showers are great and the whole place is clean and pleasant. It's not luxury but it is very good value for money. The Ta'Pawla restaurant nearby has good Maltese food and there is a Pastizzi just across the road for cheap typical Maltese snacks. There are plenty of supermarkets, dive centres and a great corner shop called Melody's where, again, the staff go out of their way to be helpful. They organised laughably cheap car hire for me! Buggiba is a bit like Malta's Blackpool BUT you can get buses from there to almost any part of the island so it's a great base and there is a small artificial beach very near the apartment block (which has a pool) and the jetty from which you get boats to Comino etc is only a 10 minute walk. There are no sandy beaches in St Paul's Bay but several within a short bus ride and there are lots of lidos near the apartment round Qawra point. I took 2 lads aged 14 and 15 and felt perfectly safe letting them wander around alone at night, there are several internet cafes nearby which kept them busy."

• Travel date: 29th October 2009

lovely, spacious, excellent value for money

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"When we originally discovered these apartments, they were only available for 3 of the 6 days we were hoping for online, however i emailed Antida, and she replied very quickly and managed to fit us in for the full 6 days. When e arrived she was there to welcom su despite our late arrival, and when we left, we were allowed to leave our bags and pick them up for our taxi at 8. The apartment itself was lovetly, very spacious and clean, with two bedrooms, and two french windows with balconies and good cooking facilities. There was a family staying next door but we didnt hear very much of them, so i would say it was quite quiet, and its location is near the busy streets btu out of the way, so not noisy. The plunge pool on teh roof was lovely too. there were about 10 loungers, which were never full up, and a plunge pool to cool down in. Very handy!! The only downside was the ceiling fan. It was too hot to not use it, but it was very noisy. My partner didnt notice it, but I am a very light sleeper, so i you are too, take ear plugs I would definately stay here again!"

• Travel date: 17th September 2009

Top class

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Although these appartments were very reasonably priced, they were top class. Spacious, airy, clean, and comfortable. Antida and her family were extremely helpful and approachable. The appartments are very well equipped and centrally located. We had a great holiday, relaxed completely and would definitely like to return. I would have no qualms in recommending these appartments."

• Travel date: 31st August 2009

Enjoyed my Budget Stay

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Really loved the welcome of the owner on my late arrival. My 2 bedoomed apartment was airy and very clean. I did not expect to find two sapcious balconies where I could hang out my laundry. The location is quite central and found it convenient as there was ample parking where to park our hired car. The top floor swimming pool was amazing to enjoy the lovely sunset in the evening. What I liked most are the rates which I found the cheapest on the internet through the owner's direct website. What I liked least is the fact there was no microwave , however we had a full size electric cooker."

• Travel date: 19th July 2009

Fantastic value, excellent base

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"We were really impressed by this apartment, it was very clean and spacious. We had 2 balconies and a distant sea view. We paid a little extra for the tv, but we found the rate for the week was very reasonable and although the apartment is basic it met all our requirements. It is a little difficult to find at first but once you get your bearings it is fine and has parking outside. The apartments are very quiet and just off the beaten track although only a few moments from restaurants etc and a couple of minutes from Bugibba Square and prominade which makes a lovely evening walk. The lady which runs the apartments was really friendly and helpful and was often around and lives on the premises. The pool area on the roof is fantastic as it has lovely views. We will definately stay here if we go to malta again."

• Travel date: 17th July 2009

Met my Expectations.

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I booked a 2 week stay in June at the Shamrock Apartments, Bugibba for my diving holiday in Malta. These holiday apartments met my expectations of basic and clean accommodation, at very and very reasonable rates. The owners were very helpful. The Shamrock are centrally located near shops and public transport. I would recommend it to divers as they are spacious with well seized balconies where we can put our equipment. I loved it and will return back."

• Travel date: 17th June 2009

very average, old furniture

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"we booked these apartments for three weeks, but didn't actually stay for long when we got there. we preferred to loose our deposit. The apartment building looked deserted, there was no lighting used in the hallways, so you had to make your way in the dark. the door to the apartment we had was jimmied open at some stage and poorly repaired. the rooms where clean, however, the mattress was at least 40 years old and lumpy, the coach had covers on them and underneath was ripped and lumpy (very old). The towels were threadbare. Across the road is a paddock full of overgrown weeds. If you are not fussy and want cheap it will be ok, but we preferred to pay 10 euro extra per night for something nicer in a better location. I booked based on previous reviews, but found them over exaggerated."

• Travel date: 11th June 2009

Really nice and friendly,

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Stayed here for last 2 weeks of May. Big roomy 2 bedroom apt with a full kitchen It was perfect base for our holiday. everything was clean, the owners were very helpful and it was lovely and peacefull. They even had a clothes line on the balcony. It doesn't have sea views but hey...your outside most of the day anyway! We even got a personal apology from the owners over a small bit of noise from the building next door one morning - very considerate of them. It made our holiday in Malta and i can't wait to go back. I'll definitely be staying here again. Regards to the owners if they get to read this."

• Travel date: 11th June 2009

Best solution

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Shamrock Apartments was a perfect choice for our stay in Malta. We stayed there 2 weeks. Former I read that Bugibba is not the best place because you always need a bus to go out. But you need a bus to go to another town anyway! It doesn't matter where you are. Bugibba seems to be a quite new and nice own. There are beautiful coast and good infrastructure. I suggest it. The Apartment we had was good and the cheapest on in Malta, I guess. Tidy and maintained. We missed the microwave oven. But the price we had to pay was so low that we could have bought a new one for us from the saving easily. The sea was very close to the apartments. The owners of Shamrock Apartments were kind and very helpful. Sincerely suggested accommodation."

• Travel date: 24th November 2008

Hotels near Shamrock Apartments

Top traveller tips for Shamrock Apartments

• by French

"Have a trip on the open buses they are very good and cheap. Book tours etc: from Mary at Melody's near by."

Shamrock Apartments is also called

• hotel shamrock apartments
  • hotel shamrock apartments bugibba