Restaurant at the Coral Hotel

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

Reviewed 16th August 2016

"Well where do i start just came back from 10 days at this nugget of a hotel .Perfect in every way for the value for money remember what your paying not 5 star prices so don't expect that. .Breakfast superb,lunch great and evening meal even better and the service of the staff first class in every department DON'T LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS THIS IS A GREAT LITTLE HOTEL point of note if you have small kids its not great though nothing for them to do really only the pool on the terrace apart from that people always want to moan about something remember you have come here to have a good time so enjoy it and don't nit pick Date of travel was 28 July 2016."

• Travel date: 10th August 2016

hotel

Reviewed 30th October 2015

"Just spent 2weeks at the coral and found it to be a very happy and nice hotel to stay at, the staff where great they could not do enough for us the rooms where clean and tidy, food was fine and there was plenty of it drinks where reasonable price . only problem we had was parking at night time there was none due to everybody seems to park in that road by the hotel. but i would use that hotel again no problem."

• Travel date: 24th October 2015

Holiday from hell .

Reviewed 27th August 2012

"Just got back from a week at the coral, And iam so glad to be home. The hotel was dirty,We had to pay for a fridge, safe and the tv remote , the tv only had one channel!!!, if you wanted to dry your hair you had to hire an hair dryer, The staff where ignorant,most of them needed a personality transplant, And the food well was tasteless, We ate out most nights because the food was terrible .Nothing at all for children to do no entertainment at all , if your planning a holiday at the coral , DONT GO THERE , "

• Travel date: 27th August 2012

Very friendly,a bit behind in time.

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"On arrival at the Coral, first impression was, good god what have we let ourselves in for. That wasn't really called for was it. we met a couple on arrival, They said they were moving because the Hotel was horrible,so what did we think. One of a number of things I did notice. The all inclusive was not. All inclusive dose mean all inclusive,not when the Hotel thinks so. Breakfast and evening meal, apart from the poor food(EDIBLE BUT ONLY JUST) was OK,you could only have a snack between 12.30 and 1.30 PM. all inclusive,anybody who has had this anywhere will tell you that. Back to the Restaurant. The Hotel needs a new or qualified chef. The food could be more appetizing. The food is good, it's just not cooked properly,it's either over cooked or under cooked. We stayed one week. got to know some lovely people and the staff,you couldn't get better,all deserve a rise. After all that moaning I must admit we did enjoy the stay and not sorry we stayed,although we won't be staying there again."

• Travel date: 24th September 2009

Clean, small & friendly with great staff & fab ever lasting drinks

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"This hotel is small and friendly with great staff. They cannot do enough to help you and try to help you with anyting that you request or need. The air con is hit and miss and when i was there is was very hot so i asked for a portable fan and was given a huge floor fan at no extra cost. The rooms are very clean and adequate, the beds are not very comfy however, the mattresses are thin and the base is solid wood. But i had a good nights sleep nevertheless. The road to the front is quiet and does not interefere with your nights sleep. The tv in our room only had one english channel when meant to have a few but it was only background noise and i am now really into CSI so cannot complain!! The bar area is small and very clean. The drinks flow freely when on all inclusive and were very enjoyable, it is the local stuff but it tasted the same. The food is ok, some nice dishes but quite repetive over the course of a few weeks. There are no snacks which i was expecting so this is a drawback but the meal times are set out good enough for you not to get hungry. Overall i would reccomend. 3 star good value, compared to its sister hotels and others of the same class in its area."

• Travel date: 21st September 2009

Gem of a Hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Just returned from week all inc at Coral. Mario (Manager of Hotel) cant do enough for guests, he makes you very welcome. All staff very friendly and helpful. air conditioning in rooms very hit amd miss although there is a ceiling fan which is adequate. Food very nice and varied. Only complaints being that there are no snacks available at any time so not really all inc but having said that this was ok for us. Also the beds were a bit uncomfy. Special mention to Kurt the barman who was 18 on Monday 24/8/09, nice lad who will be an asset to any hotel."

• Travel date: 28th August 2009

deal or no deal?

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We booked this hotel last minute and got a good deal so cannot really complain.The rooms were basic but clean ,maid service daily.My moan is the beds so uncomfortable and the lumpy matress had seen better days. We had booked half board and found the food was not too bad even if the choice was a little limited you could always find something you liked. Bar service was not so good as a lot of guests were all inclusive and drinking local stuff but a minutes walk away was a pub The Grapevine I would recommend this nice friendly staff and good atmosphere. The hotel is well located but I did not like Bugibba. I have been to Malta before but found this resort dirty and "tacky" and dog crap everywhere does not go well with the heat! All in all we had a good deal but I would not return to Bugibba again."

• Travel date: 24th August 2009

very good

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"just returned home after been at malta during there heatwave,which was bloody hot.stayed at the coral and could not find a problem. the staff were friendly, rooms were clean,food was good.if we go back to malta i would have no worries about booking the coral"

• Travel date: 30th July 2009

Ideal for Couples looking to relax!

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"I travelled with my girlfriend in mid June and I thoroughly enjoyed my seven nights in the Coral Hotel. I was scouring for a good value half board holiday, cheap and cheerfull if you will, and was in honesty hoping for a beach-side resort in Crete. Nevertheless the Coral became our destination and I couldn't be happier with the result. We spent a relaxing eight days in the sun; enjoying an ample cooked breakfast in the morning, the odd dip in the pool throughout the day as well as reclining to a comatosed state in the radiant sun, and finally tucking in to a sumptuous evening meal. The room was much larger than I expected with a large fan that was hard worked by us, we had a balcony (unfortunately lacking a view but detracted no pleasure from the holiday), plenty mirrors and clutter space for my girlfriend, a cooler (at extra charge), twin beds and a tv that we barely used other than to verify wether the King of Pop was dead, unfortunately Malta fm didn't lie. The room was cleaned daily which was a great surprise and the staff were approachable and friendly 24 hours-a-day. The renowned 'most important meal of the day' was a welcome buffet fit to satisfy any morning hunger; with great variety in cereal as an alternative and entertainment provided as the occassional guest burnt their toast then covered their error with beans, sausages and as many fried eggs as they could. Through the day we strolled the sea-front, browsing quaint shops and taking a frequent refreshing dip in the Mediterranean. We did book one excursion while at the hotel, which I would recommend and happily revisit: The Fernandes was a sea voyage visiting the gorgeous Blue Lagoon of Comino and the antiquated settlements of Gozo. We were well fed, well catered, and as well as enjoying a full day of sun we swam in beautiful clear water with an array of fish and learned history of Malta on the way (the open bar was definately a good call!) The evening meal was always a highlight of the day, we would exhaust the facilities to scrub up to look presentable for the multiple courses that were to come. With optons of soup, salad, pasta, fish and a variety of meats each day we found ourselves spoilt for choice. This is where I find one of my minimal criticisms, the house wine was rather sweet and was heavy going if you were to drink more than a glass. Overall a great holiday that I'd recommend to couples, young and old, well placed for restaraunts, public transport, and a mere five minute walk to the beach. Other reviewers who've written off the hotel in ignorance all appear to have forgotten the crucial theory of a holiday your supposed to relax! and obviously were either with or in fact are bad company."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2009

a basic hotel which isn't half as bad as people make out

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We were actually moved to this hotel from a sister hotel and upgraded to all inclusive. We were basically wanting this for just somewhere to stay and lap up the free bar, the hotel is very small and quiet which was ideal for me and my girlfriend. On arrival the staff were very friendly and attentitive, everywhere was clean and tidy and the pool area on the roof was an ideal sun trap for lapping up the rays, the pool although small was always kept clean and tidy. No entertainment here in this hotel which also suited us fine, as we went out most nights anyway. The food is pretty basic but again you get what you pay for, we didn't have a problem with the food, at the end of the day it is Malta not England!!! One evening we were late coming in for an evening meal, and the waiter and chef went out of their way to rustle up an omelette and chips for my girlfriend, nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff, especially the young lad called Kurt, he was friendly and helpful to the max. we have no complaints at all with this hotel, again you get what you pay for, and with the euro being as much as the pound now, all inclusive here saved us a lot of money on drinks. if we went back to malta and were offered this hotel we probably would go back."

• Travel date: 14th June 2009

What you see is what you get

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"I went to Malta to dive so intended to spend very little time in the hotel. My room was fine and clean and the overall appearance seemed fine. The staff were friendly and attentive. It was very cheap when compared to English hotels so overall I had no serious complaints. The bathroom was dated and without a proper shower but I could live with that. I only ate in the hotel twice and both times it was fine. So overall, cheap and cheerful but not if you're looking for luxury."

• Travel date: 17th October 2008

Dont waste your money!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Where do i start!! On arrival to the hotel, at 11pm first impressions were cheap but cheerful appearance and a friendly reception. The weather was extremley humid so we were looking forward to cooling down. This was never to be!! We were led up to our room and it was just like when you walk off a plane once landed and the humid air kind of hits you! - they hadnt switched the airconditioning on for us so the room was a complete oven. Not suprising we didnt sleep atall that night so my boyfriend went to reception at 8am to complain. In return they gave us a fan which had seen better days! We were then informed that air condiditioning is not 24 hours and is controlled by the hotel. It is on from 6pm until 9pm. Then it is on from 12am to 2am, back on again at 6am. You wake up at night literally sweating. It is not modern airconditioning , its a old grill at the top of the room that realeases cool air, however it has no fan within it so this air is not blown and does not circulate. We literally slept infront of the fan the entire holiday. I asked our tour operator if we could move hotels. but the coral were unwilling to let us leave without full payment of the original booking and there was no way we could afford a further £1400, so we stayed and put up with it. Food - Ive had better food at Mcdonalds! The restaurant serves the kind of food you'd expect at a dodgy school cantine. Chicken Kievs, tinned vegetables, stodgy mash. The orange juice was the powder diluted stuff, you had to pay if you wanted real juice. We had bad tummies on two occasions which wasnt pleasant! All in all i would have rathered a B&B in Benidorm than this. We paid £1400 for the holiday and this was way too much for what we got. This hotel is more like a 1*. Dont waste your money, its so not worth it."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2008

Hotels near Coral Hotel

Top traveller tips for Coral Hotel

• by Diane R

"just enjoy yourself and remember what you have paid"

• by Gary E

"ease of getting to st pauls bay"

Coral Hotel is also called