Lovely hotel

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We have just spent 5 wonderful days in this hotel. The only point that stops us giving the excellent rating was because its very expensive (550 euros per night for the junior suite we had). However the service was impecible, friendly and very professional. We were in Venice for our wedding so decided to overlook the expense aspect. We had many visits from our wedding guests (even in our room) and wedding organisor, and the hotel was more than happy to accomodate this (unlike the Ca' Pisani where some of our guests were staying.....a hotel that was very rude and unfriendly both to our guests and ourselves.....even though I paid the bill!).
The Sant'Angelo is in a superb position. Arriving by water taxi to the private jetty on the Grand Canal was just the best way to enter Venice. Our Junior suite was large and luxurious (room 210 on 2nd floor). It was somewhat dark but thats not unusual in Italy. The room made up for it in many other ways. Televisions in the lounge area and bedroom. Integral speakers in the superbly large marble bathroom for listening to MTV was a bonus. Some of our guests had a great room also on the top floor (room 47). That room was much lighter (due to the skylights) and in a lovely quiet aspect at the rear. It wasn't a suite, and hence was smaller and cheaper, but still a great room....could be our choice for a future stay.
Our suite was a little noisy in the morning because it was facing a side canal, but not too bad.
All of the staff were friendly and some even seemed to enjoy seeing our wedding and congratulated us the next day.
When we returned very late for a nightcap with other guests, the barman was happy to serve us and even provide some additional drinks before he left for his journey home on the last water bus (again, something the Ca'Pisani refused on another night).
Breakfast was nice with plenty of healthy options. Morning room service was at no additional cost which meant we could also have breakfast in our privacy."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of September 2005

Palazzo Sant'Angelo -- an Exquisite Gem on Venice's Grand Canal

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"There are no words that can adequately describe the wonderful experience my husband, my fifteen year old daughter, and I had, staying seven nights at the Palazzo Sant'Angelo in Venice during the second week of July 2005. A former palazzo recently converted to a small luxury hotel, the Palazzo Sant'Angelo is as magical as the city in which it resides. The hotel itself is exquisite -- inlaid marble floors, silk upholstered walls, beautiful chandeliers, and fresh flowers everywhere. Our rooms were HUGE and very tastefully decorated to reflect traditional Venetian style. The bathrooms were quite large, bright, clean, and constructed entirely of Carrara marble -- simply beautiful -- with whirlpool bathtubs and heated towel racks. Our rooms overlooked the Grand Canal through large shuttered French doors which opened onto a Juliet balcony - picturesque and very romantic. The hotel enjoys a fantastic location on the Grand Canal, within walking distance of the Rialto Bridge, Piazza San Marco, and all the major sights of the city. The hotel also has its own dock (a rarity in Venice) which makes it easily accessible by water taxi, and is only about fifty meters away from the Vaporetto (water bus) stop, as well. The hotel staff was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. They went out of their way to accomodate us and arranged for museum tickets, restaurant reservations, salon appointments, and transportation to and from the airport. They made us feel that no request was unimportant, and made our stay a truly delightful experrience. I would HIGHLY recommend the Palazzo Sant'Angelo to anyone who wishes to enjoy a stay at an exquisite little gem of a hotel that truly reflects the beauty and grace of the magical city of Venice. If, no, WHEN we someday return to 'la bella Venezia', we will definitely book the Palazzo Sant'Angelo again for our stay. It was truly a memorable experience."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Beautiful and Expensive!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"I loved the Palazzo Sant Angelo. This was real treat to stay in this hotel for our last two nights of vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and very large (huge) room. The location is great and I was amazed with Venice. I paid $350 per night, which is a lot for me and I think it was worth it (I haven't received my Visa bill yet). I would recommend a more luxury hotel when staying in Venice, just to get a feel for the spirit of the city.

The only complaints that I have would be that the front desk was not very friendly. I was expecting exceptional service for $350 per night. Maybe I should have tipped them for making a restaurant suggestion? Breakfast was not available in the lobby, nor was it offered. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be included in our rate which was booked through expedia."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a three night stay.Thoroughly enjoyed Venice,a truely romantic city.The Palazzo Sant Angelo is an excellent hotel,rooms were really clean,clean towels twice a day,bed linen changed every day,it was impeccable.Good breakfasts and nothing was too much for the staff.Great location on the Grand Canal with its own private pier which was so convient for the water taxi to the airport(pricey at 90euro),only took 20mins opposed to the 1hr 45mins coming on the water bus.Good location between the Rialto Bridge and St. Marks Square.The only disappointment was Harry's bar,total RIP OFF!Don't bother going,2 Bellinis cost 32euro and they weren't even served in a proper champagne glass,and to top it the waiter served the ice with his hand.Overall a truely magical break that me and my boyfriend had,highly recommend this boutique hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2005

Wonderful Choice

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We spent two nights at this hotel and couldn't have been more pleased. It is right on the Grand Canal next to a vaporetto stop but is really a very quiet location. The staff is friendly, helpful and professional and yes, english speaking. It's a small luxury hotel without the snob appeal. Large comfortable rooms and contemporary baths. Includes a great breakfast to start the day. The major sites are a 10-15 minute walk away. If we return to Venice we would be happy to stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2005

Hotel Sant Angelo A+

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Hotel sant angelo
Room 218
@ $600

On the grand canal. Half way between rialto and st marks
Large room
Walk in closet
Large bath with good shower and spalsh panel
Room fronted canal
Bar in lobby
Prvt dock
Next to san angelo vapareto stop
Wonderful breakfast spread included
All advance arrangements made and questiuons answered quickly by email
Laundry came back early
No internet access
No night light in bathroom

Best activity - trip to lido (this was our 4th trip to venice, we love everything there)
Best meal - cips club + view back to venice"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2005

Very nice Hotel

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"If you like a high end hotel, this is it. Right on the grand canal near one of the main water taxi stops. We stayed there in mid June, 2005. Very expensive (550 euro plus 10% tax per night) for a junior suite with a canal view but the rooms are great. Superbly decorated with large and comforatable beds and air conditioning that really works. Bathrooms, at least our junior suite were very nice with a jacuzzi tub. We were given fruit baskets every morning. The breakfast was a normal type breakfast with some eggs and bacon and many bread/cheese choices. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My overall feeling is that it is overpriced but it was very comfortable and very nicely located just down from the Rialto bridge. It was a good splurge in a fun city."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

Excellent small quiet hotel - only 4 yrs old

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Paid 365 Euros for a very nice room. Hotel only opened 4 years ago so everything is in top notch shape. Situated in a small former palce on the Grand Canal and close to every thing. This hotel is part of the SINA hotel group of luxury hotels in Italy.

Negatives: Hotel restaurant is very small and lacks atmosphere.
Some of the front desk people are quite stuffy! Don't ask them for advice! We were given a very bad and costly bumb steer by one of the stuffy front desk men about not needing to book a train to Florence. He was overconfident in his assuredness that no train reservation was neccesary that time of year in the middle of the week. He was completely wrong and the trains out were all full when we arrived at the Venice station to go to Florence. It was a huge hassle!

Yes, however we would stay here again because the place is quiet and well taken care of."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of May 2005

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Lovely hotel. Great quiet location on the canal. Professional staff. The rooms were huge for European hotels and so clean. The best part was the awesome bathroom with jacuzzi tub after a day of sight seeing. Also the breakfast was excellent.

I slept with my windows open at night and could here the sounds of the city which were quietly amazing.

I would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of May 2005

Wonderful Trip

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights (my son also joined us for two nights at the last minute!). We arrived in the snow but had a friendly welcome from the reception staff who were always friendly and helpful. The barman was a delight! Nothing was too much for him whatever the time of evening/night.

We had a large room on the first floor which was extremely comfortable and my son had a room on the top floor which was equally extremely comfortable and also had the advantage of a view over the rooftops which was probably better than ours which looked over a small canal.

I also researched the hotels and can honestly say that I was not disappointed with my choice - excellent location, friendly staff, comfortable acommodation and whilst the hot breakfast was limited, there was a good choice of "continental breakfast" items, which were more than adequate and certainly prepared us for a day of sightseeing.

All in all this hotel offered you everything you could want to make a stay in Venice memorable."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of March 2005