San Clemente Palace Kempinski

Isola di San Clemente 1, 30124 Venice Italy

Good

Ab Fab (& no piped music)

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"This hotel is pure luxury! The staff are fantastic and, contrary to some of the other reviews, we found the Le Maschere restaurant really good and the staff could not have been more attentive!

It was so hard to leave the hotel as the temperature was in the high 80s and the pool was lovely. Being a bit of an insomniac I was pleasantly suprised that I slept so well in the spacious bed that I had to request an alarm call for 6.30 am on our return home (almost unheard of for me!).

One tip though, take some insect repellant.
I would definitely stay here again, and hopefully it wont be too long before I do.

Lorraine
London"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2004

Excellent

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We are a family of 5, so we booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at the end of June. We feel that it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in, and we have traveled extensively. Our rooms were huge, beautiful and very clean. The resort was beautiful and very well maintained. Shuttle boat was fine, although we would appreciate more frequent boats at night after dinner (they run every 20 min. during the day, but only every 40 minutes after 9 PM). We would absolutely stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of July 2004

perfect perfect

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Just stayed at this wonderful hotel, unfortunately for only 2 nights.
This was my first time in venice so I can't compare it with other local hotels, but I'm sure that I don't need to - it is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at - and such a nice change to arrive at a hotel and not be disappointed in some way. The ONLY problem I had was at check out where some items were billed to my room from the mini bar but these were taken off the bill without question; now, that brings me onto a general hotel recommendation. during my recent trip to the U.K, France, Italy and Prague, approx 50% of the time hotels were charging me for items from the mini bar etc (I NEVER use the mini bar) with varying degrees of success in having these removed from the bill. In future I will ask that the mini bar is emptied, locked or a stock take done in front of me."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of July 2004

This is a class act

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"This hotel reeks of understated elegance from the moment you step off their private launch until the last time you leave the island. My wife and I thought we would have a poblem being out on an island instead of being near Piazza San Marco, but the hotel runs the 15 minute crossing every 20 minutes late into the night. Our room was huge, and beautifully decorated, king size bed, great linens, and the bathroom had plenty of space for my wife, and all the amenities one could think of. Our breakfast service in the room was teriffic and came very quickly, as did the laundry. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will return."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of June 2004

Classy hotel is more like a resort

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We arrived in Venice April 29th from a short hop flight from Paris. There was no formalities at the airport and we found ourselve loading our own luggage onto carts that cost a euro to rent from a machine. So have some euros in your pocket when you arrive. The cart machine does not accept bills and there was not a porter in sight.
It was a pretty long walk pushing our luggage to the water taxi pier. I would say at least 400 yards. The water taxi was 90 euros to the hotel and took about 40 min. The ride was magnificent and took us through the canals near San Marco square before heading off to San Clemente island 15 min. away from the main city.
From the moment we arrived we knew this place was special. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.
Be prepared for Venice's late eating habits. The restaurants do not even open for dinner until 7:30 pm and do not expect to eat any food before 8, but that is early for Venice. We found ourselves eating hours later once we got used into the way things were there in lovely Venice.
The hotel was an oasis away from hustle and bustle of the city, yet only a few minutes by the complimentary shuttle that was always prompt and available. The shuttle service was extraodinary, except for when the city was flooded, it ran like clockwork (and yes the city does flood periodically).
Beware of the extremely expensive drink in the cozy bar. We ordered a Jack and coke and were charged 18 euros. That is almost $22 USD and we sipped the most expensive cocktails we had ever had. It did not matter because local beers were not much less. It was obvious that alot of business people on expense accounts must stay at the hotel.
It seemed very family friendly and there were many families that used the hotel for a base to stay in Venice. There were tennis courts and a very nice pool with a bar and restaurant but since the weather was not that great as early in the season as we were there.
The breakfast each morning in a special dining room was nothing short of spectacular and the highlight of each morning. The selection was huge and fresh each morning. Everything was replenished frequently and the service was prompt. I suggest starting off with the american coffee with milk first and then finishing with a cappuccino. As you know the italian coffee is quite strong but delightful.
I would pay the small extra charge for the superior rooms as they are the ones with the views of San Marco and the city. The rooms were very cozy and comfortable and I wanted to take the extra plush king size bed home with me ( a rarity in Venice).
I would stay at the San Clemente Palace again when returning to Venice, which I will do. Five days was not enough to soak up all of the beauty and unique color that Venice has to offer. If you like whiling away the hours in awesome tiny cafes and sidewalk restaurants watching people and enjoying incredible food and service, then you will love Venice. It IS incredible expensive. It is the most expensive place we have ever traveled, but somehow a million people a year who return as tourists each year cannot be wrong. It is a one of a kind place and is worth visiting at least once.

Stephan"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of June 2004

Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We really lucked out when we chose the San Clemente Palace to stay in Venice through tips from travel advisor. It is such a wonderful hotel! We received their winter/spring rates as we stayed there for one night in April 2004. I was wishing we had chosen a hotel that was easier to find because we arrived in Venice at 11 p.m. but we had no problems finding the hotel water taxi. The second I stepped into the hotel room I felt like Pretty Woman. The rooms were huge and beautiful with a bathroom bigger than my bedroom at home. The beds were comfortable and inviting with a feather comforter and pillows. All the immenities you can imagine were available at this hotel including spa services and a 3 hole golf course! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was wonderful-the best orange juice I have ever had! We really wish we had stayed longer and plan on going back for our 10 year anniversary!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of April 2004

One to watch

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We arrived on April the 9th 2004 for 4 nights but managed to escape any insect bites!
We were very warmly welcomed and although our deluxe room was smallish we had glorious views over to Venice. It was also wonderfully quiet and we had 4 undisturbed night's sleep, something that we have not been able to achieve on previous trips to Venice, because it is always noisey.
Our room and bathroom were thoughtfully equipped and prepared and we were very, very comfortable throughout our stay.
It is exciting to arrive at an Island Hotel and we commend it to anyone who wants a peaceful and relaxing stay. The grounds are delightful and the staff very well trained and caring.
There are one or two things that need addressing like the awful background music and the violent decor in Le Maschere restaurant but "settling down" problems are reflected in the very good opening offers.
In June a clubroom will open in St Mark's so you can rest, revive and refresh without going back to Isola San Clemente. There will also be a left luggage / shopping facility here which seems like a very thoughtful touch.
Go now and take advantage of these exceptional opening rates."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of April 2004

Peaceful Haven away from tourists

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Absolute Tranquility after a Hectic Day in Venice . Beautiful Hotel which was a monastry in years gone by. So much more tastfully decorated than Danielli etc.Unreservedly recommend this hotel especially if you want a romantic break like we did. Room was large overlooking gardens and water and bathroom was super. The boat was very punctual so dont be late.Breakfasts were of a very high standard and I loved the wide corridors and furnishings. Restaurants and bars expensive but then everything is in venice. Avoid restaurants in rialto bridge area - very poor food on the water front. The Rafaele in san Marco Area near Ponte delle Ostreghe on way to Accademia did very good food and if you want a fab pizza at lunchtime the restaurant directly under the Accademia bridge were gorgeous and very cheap. I also think that this had one of the best views in venice.Treat yourself to the water taxi for 85 Euros if you want to arrive like a film star. Great views on the way to the hotel. Also cover yourself in insect repellent. I got 11 bites in four days and it was only beginning of April. This was a wonderful place to go with your husband and we cant wait to go back again with our children."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of April 2004

A palace fit for a 'princess'

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"My husband, myself and our 4 year old daughter stayed at the San Clemente Palace from March 26th to 29th 2004. I wouldn't have change a thing, except to have stayed longer so as to have enjoyed more of their offerings!The service couldn't have been any better. The restraunt (breakfast buffet) staff was especially wonderful with our little "princess" -- packing her a bag of bread to feed to the St. Mark pigeons. Also noteworthy was the boat staff, helping her safely on and off the mainland boat each trip. The staff goes the extra mile, even notifying us of the 1 hour time change (Spring forward!), and of changes to their mainland boat schedule, via notices on the bed.The food, at least the breakfast buffet, was excellent, especially in comparison to the four other hotels (4 stars) that we stayed at in Northern Italy. The accomodation (a deluxe double) was unsurpassed, especially given the special Winter/Spring rate that we got (Thanks to Gabriella C. in reservations!).We too had our reservations about staying here due to the 10-15 minute boat trip, but it really didn't pose any problems. In fact, as many others have said, it provided a free sight seeing tour of the surrounding area. Speaking of which, the boat master notified us that they offer free boat service to Murano as well (upon request) -- although we unfortunately did not get to take advantage of that.I agree with a previous reviewer, when the secret gets out about the amenities at the SCP, the prices probably will soar, as will their number of guests. I just hope they continue to offer specials so even families like us can enjoy it!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2004

great palace

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Recently stayed at the San Clemente Palace in mid March. I was extremely impressed. The rooms were quite large and the bathrooms were hugh. The buffet breakfast was also enjoyable. Was worried the boat ride to St. Marks may be a hassle, it really was not. The staff was friendly and helpful. Take the water taxi from the airport, 85 euros, it's worth it. I would stay here again without question. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of April 2004

Hotels near San Clemente Palace Kempinski

Stayed at San Clemente Palace Kempinski? Share your insight.

San Clemente Palace Kempinski is also called