exterior view

About Maison Venezia | UNA Esperienze

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • german amenities
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • soundproof rooms
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • spanish amenities
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • blackout curtains

Good

Good hotel, some small rooms.

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"This hotel is in an excellent location, close to a main thoroughfare and the vaporetti stops. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good but not exceptional. My only real gripe is with the room sizes (we had 2). Having heard that they were small I upgraded to superior rooms, but while one room was a lovely size with an excellent bathroom, the other was small with the tiniest bathroom ever (this was mine!). The larger room had a bath with an overhead shower, but the smaller room had no bath and the tiniest shower cubicle known to man. Also, the water temperature fluctuated and one minute you were icy cold and the next minute scorching hot. Overall, however, our stay was pleasant and I would probably go back if I could be assured a larger room with a proper sized bathroom, especially when paying extra for a superior."

• Travel date: 4th August 2008

Excellent hotel

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"Well above our expectation for the price we paid. Interior decor was beautiful. The old building has been restored to high standard with quality fittings. Hotel staffs were brialliant, helpful and friendly. Breakfast was perfect, offering good Continental Breakfast. I am not sure why it was advertised in some website as American Breakfast maybe due to the fact that there was also a hot breakfast choice of bacon, sausage and scrambbled eggs. Like many hotels, the front of hotel blends into the other buildings. To find it, stop at Ca'd Oro, look at the local map for the street. On arrival, just locate the building number. There is ample restaurants in Canneregio for dinner, just locate one in the guidebooks, or get recommendations from the hotel. I must say that its location is excellent, not so far away from the bustling and busy Rialto and San Marco area, close to restaurants, shops, supermarket, open market and Ca'd Oro. We enjoyed our stay very much!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2008

Loved the Una

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"We have just returned from staying at the Una Hotel,Venice.Excellent ,happy service.Our room was upgraded on arrival. The Una is well positioned for The Rialto bridge area and a nice stroll to St Mark's square.It is in a back street,so is beauitifully quiet at night. We took the private water taxi,expensive,but so easy.The hotel would be difficult to find if you haven't been to Venice before,so the water taxi was the best option for us. Would certainly go back again to the Una.Just need to win the lottery and i'll be on my way."

• Travel date: 28th May 2008

Excellent hotel in Venice

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Una Hotel Venezia for 4 days at the end of May. The location of the hotel is excellent, just of the Strada Nova and within close proximity of the water bus stops and all main attractions. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel to begin with as there is no signage on the buidling itself. We were also slighlty concerned by the buidling work going on outside the hotel, however, despite having a room at the fron of the hotel we did not hear this going on at all. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Superior room which was a large double. The room was beautifully decorated with ample room for our suitcases. There was a plasma TV with a variety of satellite channels, a mini bar and also an in-room safe for our valuables. The bathroom was of an excellent size with all modern fittings. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were very helpful and all spoke excellent english (great for us as our Italian is not very good). The buffet breakfast was great with a large selection of hot and cold food, it really helped set us up for the day. The only drawback we could find was that the hotel did not have a restaurant, they have a snack bar with a small selection of food. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Una Hotel and, whilst we wouldn't return to Venice, we would happily use another hotel in the chain in the future."

• Travel date: 25th May 2008

Wonderful hotel, wonderful location

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We stayed at the UNA in early April; they had only been open a few weeks and we got a special introductory rate which was very good. The hotel is centrally located in the Canereggio area a 5 minute walk from Cao d'Oro vaporetto stop and a 5 minute walk from the airport vaporetto stop on Fondamente Nove. It was easy to find. The hotel is just around the corner from the Strada Nova, which is a busy main thoroughfare with lots of cafes, restaurants and bars. It was an easy walk to most Venice sights. It was very well appointed; the rooms we had (two singles) were smallish, but decorated to a very high standard and fully kitted out with all the niceties. They seemed to be having a few teething troubles with the air con/heating units, but it was not really relevant when we stayed as the weather was temperate. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful and all spoke English to a good standard. The breakfast buffet was very nice with a wide variety of breads, pastries, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheeses etc plus cooked breakfast items, coffee, tea and prosecco. Only minor niggle was that the Internet access (at a terminal in the hotels small library/lounge room) was poorly laid out from and ergonomic point of view and I had difficulty getting a working session. The connection speed was also slow. I would love to stay at UNA again (if I could afford it!) It made our stay in Venice very pleasant - highly recommended."

• Travel date: 24th May 2008

great hotel and great location!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary with a two week vacation in Italy. We had a J. suite with a gracious Venetian balcony but our originally reservation was for Executive Room. The room was very comfortable and warm. When we arrived at the hotel and had been shown to our lovely room we had a knock on our door and were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine.....what a great start to our break. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful, the location was perfect as it is within easy walking distance of all the important and 'must do' sights. I would recommend the hotel if you are looking for a great location with high comfort and class."

• Travel date: 21st May 2008

Good Hotel

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"When we arrived in Venice, the lane to the Hotel UNA was closed. Nobody seemed to know how to get to the hotel. After almost an hour of searching, we found someone who ironically works at the hotel. The hotel can be reached through Calle De Pruille. At the end of the calle, turn right and the first building is Hotel UNA entrance around corner). There are no visible signs on the building. We booked a superior room. The decor was great and the room was spacious and comfortable. My wife and I were very happy with this hotel and found it highly recommendable. The breakfast was good and the receptionist very efficient and friendly. Caution : Don't get ripped off by touristico menus and count your change always."

• Travel date: 13th May 2008

Exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"I came up with this hotel when I was looking for affordable luxury hotel situated nearby to all attractions of Venice (San Marco, Rialto, etc.). Even though I couldn't find sufficient information concerning this hotel I still had to risk, as the special offer was way too compelling. I stayed at UNA for 3 nights with my wife and it had to be a nice start for our honeymoon trip to Italy. It was much better than just NICE! Excellent service, very helpful staff, wonderful breakfast, comfortable and noiseless situation made our stay unforgettable. We booked Double Classic room for total 520 Euros but when we arrived we were offered with a great Double Superior which was perfect for us. As for the location: It only takes about 5-10 minutes to get to Rialto bridge and max.15 minitues to San Marco. I would deffinitely say this hotel costs more than it actualy does."

• Travel date: 30th April 2008

Great hotel - would definitely return

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Beautiful building, refurbished to a high standard. Our junior suite was luxurious and elegant and managed to combine Venice's richness of decor with a minimalist feel. The location was excellent for us, very quiet and peaceful but just a couple of minutes' walk to the busy bustle of Ca' Doro, restaurants, the market and 2 vaparetto stops and just about 7 minutes walk to the Rialto. The service was excellent and I look forward to returning here."

• Travel date: 11th April 2008

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"booked with Lastminute, a new hotel. The location was perfect for all of Venice. We took the water taxi from the airport which was probably a smart move as the hotel was a bit hidden, the directions could be more detailed. Even the water taxi drivers are not familiar with this hotel yet. The room was impeccable and all the staff were excellent. Especially Neda & Ludovica organising restaurant bookings. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 24th March 2008