This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Locanda Orseolo

Locanda Orseolo

Good

No wonder its number one!!!!!!, best place in all of Venice

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I recently returned from my first European trip that took me through Hungary, Austria and Italy. Staying at 4 star hotels and eating at 5 star restaurants. BUT...the BEST place of all was the Locanda Orseolo. I was so proud of myself for picking this awesome place from the Trip advisor website. It was run by the most generous, delightful and caring staff. It is located not far off of Saint Marks Sq. and central to everything you want to see and do in Venice. The rooms are spacious, decorated beautifully and extremely comfortable. The Bathrooms are great too (a challenge in most of Europe). Breakfast and afternoon tea, the best. I would recommend it to anyone and hope to go back to stay on my next trip. (provided they now have room since becoming Number one on the hit list). My many thanks to the best hosts, Barbara, Matteo, Bruno, Francesco, Harisc and thanks as well, to Stefania and Monica. They truly made Venice a special place for me. I cryed when I left. I will return and can't think of anywhere else I would rather stay!!!!! ciao!!!-andy"

• Travel date: 21st October 2003

It was fantastic - gracious hosts, great location, wonderful accommodations

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"We spent three days in Venice at this hotel in September of this year. The hospitality was warm, the breakfasts delicious, the accommodations clean and quiet. It could not have been better!"

• Travel date: 20th October 2003

A Memorable Stay....

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Just back from Venice and am delighted to echo all the previous reviews of this property. The entire staff made our stay memorable and Matteo, Barbara, Bruno, and Francesco are all wonderful hosts. Our 2 children (age 7/9) were in tow (room 24 accomodated the 4 of us) and made to feel welcome. It is a wonderful place and we hope to stay there again."

• Travel date: 20th October 2003

STAY HERE...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My sister and I just spent two nights here for my 40th birthday---what a treat! The staff is unbelievably hospitable, friendly, and helpful. The location just steps away from St. Mark's Square is tough to beat. And the breakfasts! Definitely try the chocolate hazelnut crepes. We've traveled all over the world, and this place ranks at the top. Thanks, Bruno, Barbara, Matteo, and Francesco. Best of luck to you in your new adventure!"

• Travel date: 19th October 2003

My Oh My!!! Venice's Best Kept Secret Awaits You!!!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We stayed at Locanda Orseolo on October 5th and 6th of 2003 and belive that it is by far one of Venice's best kept secrets!!! The entire hotel staff not only met, but far exceeded, our expectations on every level throughout our stay with them. The owners, Barbara and Matteo, took so much pride in every detail of our stay and provided a level of service and professionalism that was unmatched by any other hotel that we experienced throughout our entire 3 week Italian vacation. When we arrived, we were graciously greeted with a smile, our luggage was immediately delivered up to our room, and we were given a tour of the hotel as well as our individual room by one of the owners, Barbara. The front desk staff kindly answered any questions and provided helpful recommendations in regards to local sights and restaurants. The rooms are immaculate, with modern and clean bathroom facilities. The breakfast area is beautifully decorated, and included the largest and most delicious variety of items that we had experienced in all of Italy. In addition, Matteo is a wonderful cook and will make you eggs (any way you like them) or chocolate or fruit crepes. My Wife and I could go on and on about how much we loved this hotel, but you will just need to see for yourself. I assure you that if you stay at this hotel, you will feel compelled to be the next person to write a review on Trip Advisor so that you can share your amazing experience with others as well. Do yourself a favor, book a room at this hotel, it is a gem, and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Barbara, Matteo, Bruno, and Francesco for EVERYTHING!! We will be staying with you again upon our return to Venice (provided you are not booked). :-)"

• Travel date: 18th October 2003

It is all true!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We chose to stay at this hotel because of all the great things that had been written about it by previous guests. We were not disappointed - it is all true - wonderful position - very helpful, welcoming staff. Barbara and Roberto are a lovely couple - they deserve all the credits that they are receiving. Look forward to returning."

• Travel date: 14th October 2003

**** TripAdvisors! Locanda booked solid...

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"After reading all the wonderful reviews here on Trip Advisor my wife and I decided to stay at the Locanda Orseolo. Unfortunately they are booked sold during our two week trip to Venice in NOVEMBER.How many tourists could there be in Venice staying at a small, off-the-beaten-path B&B in November? I blame TripAdvisor ;)However, I had and wonderful email exchange with Bruno and he couldn't be nicer. When making arrangements with other hotels I received what were obviously canned responses.If this level of detail is apparent when just trying to book a room i can only imagine how nice it is to actually stay there and have chocolate crepes for breakfast. D***."

• Travel date: 14th October 2003

Delightful and exquisite!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My husband and I just returned from a 2 week holiday in Italy and Spain. We visited several cities and stayed in several hotels during our trip, and we just cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay at the Locanda Orseolo. All of the reviews I read in on tripadvisor.com which prompted me into booking at this lovely hotel are absolutely true. First and foremost, the owners/staff were very charming, warm, friendly and extremely helpful. (Thank you Barbara, Matteo, Bruno and Francesco for making our stay in Venice so memorable). Second, the rooms were lovely and perfectly decorated. We had a superior room on the third floor which overlooked one of the smaller canals. Third, the location is very close to St. Mark's Square and is really centrally located to everything. Fourth, the room rate for this charming hotel is extremely reasonable for Venice standards. It is a definite find! I will recommend the Locanda Orseolo to all of my friends and family who plan on visiting Venice and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else during my next visit to Venice. However, now that word regarding the Locando Orseolo has gotten out and it is now #1 on Tripadvisor's list of Venice hotels, I hope I'll be able to book a room here in the future. Barbara and Matteo, we talked about Matteo's family's property on the beach briefly during breakfast one morning. Can you send me more information about the hotel? Thank you again. Best regards, Rose P. Shiner"

• Travel date: 12th October 2003

Perfect!!!

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Wonderful location, lovely rooms, right on a small canal so you get to watch and hear all the wonderful things going on. And the staff is so friendly and helpful. They gave us many recommendations for things non-touristy and could not have been more helpful. Our best stay in Italy!"

• Travel date: 9th October 2003

Wonderful staff and location

Good
Reviewed 19th October 2012

"We just returned from Venice and found the hotel on this site. Fantastic location but very quiet off of an obscure square. Small and personal with the owners making a custom breakfast daily. Our room was spacious and comfortable but a bit dark due to facing an adjacent building, and very modern, having recently been remodeled. There are other rooms with more light, and some facing the canal, though it is crowded on that side and one will see lots of activity from gondolas and delivery boats. Would easily return. They made us feel very welcome."

• Travel date: 7th October 2003