Deluxe junior suite

Such a shame

Reviewed 20th October 2018

"This isn't a 4 star hotel. Restaurant and restaurant staff are very good. We had a problem with the ac unit, it was constantly dripping. There were stains all over the unit where it has happened before. The man on reception was very rude to me. The shower is rusted and needs replacing. I couldn't speak to managerment about it very poor and a waste of money."

• Travel date: 1st October 2018

This being my 1st time to Venice, I coul...

Reviewed 7th March 2008

"This being my 1st time to Venice, I could not have chosen a better hotel. The service was exceptional, as was the accommodation, I was lucky enough to be allocated a lagoon view. Breakfast was also very good, with a varied selection on offer. The location was great for a 1st time visitor. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Venice. I cant wait to book my next visit."

• Travel date: 7th March 2008

Despite being booked in the hotel, they ...

Reviewed 1st December 2004

"Despite being booked in the hotel, they put us in the annexe at the back: but it was a nice room and quiet, so not too much of a problem, although we obviously did not have a lagoon view. If it had been summer when the Riva Degli Schiavoni is very crowded and noisy, this would actually have been a benefit. You cannot fault the location of the hotel either, it is so central and right opposite the water taxi/bus stops. The main problem with this hotel is that the restaurant floods at high water, which led to the weird experience of eating breakfast with our feet in four inches of very cold, smelly water, and all the waiters in welly boots! Our number one top tip for visitors to Venice in the winter is to check the moon tables and the weather. The city floods more than 200 times per year and you WILL need rubber boots. The 'emergency boots' sold on the quayside for around 10E only last for a matter of an hour or so before they leak. This was our first trip to Venice and we will go back, and will probably try another hotel. Nothing major wrong with this one, but I am sure we could probably find a better one - although it might cost an arm and leg like everything else in Venice!"

• Travel date: 1st December 2004

Location, price, and charm

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We stayed at the Savoia & Jolanda in October 2003. While expensive, it was a bargain compared to other four star hotels in Venice, not to mention the Danieli or Gritti Palace. Right next door to the Danieli, and in front of the Vaporetto (water bus) stop, it's location is just perfect. It was totally remodeled in 1995. Our room was beautifully decorated, but SMALL. If you book through a discount service (like hotels.com), you'll probably wind up in one of the small rooms, but hey, you're in Venice - what do you need a big hotel room for? The hotel also has a nearby three star "annex" where they book overflow guests. Breakfast was excellent."

• Travel date: 14th October 2003

Ripoff

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"I book a 300 dlls. room and when I`ve got there they sent me to a 50 dlls. room. They try to rip me off untill I got angry and they sent me to another hotel (Hotel Laconda Vivaldi. by the way excellent) and the next day they return me to the savoia to an ogly room until I complain again and I`ve got a decet, just decet room for 300 dlls."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2003

Might Want To Look Elsewhere

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"As you can read in the other reviews the waterfront rooms are incredible. I thought I booked one of those in September 2003 for an anniversarry for 4 nights. When I arrived the hotel was overbooked and I was given the worste room in all of our 1 month stay in Italy. The people that work there are not intrested in helping you out. The location is great and the restaurant is good but after being there many of the other hotels in the area seemed nicer. Be careful not to get ripped off as we did."

• Travel date: 28th September 2003

Great Location, we had a good stay.

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Great Location. Close to everything. The 25% discount at the restaurant is a good deal plus the food is good. The staff is rather stuffy. All requests were delt with but they always made you feel that you were a bit of a bother. Our suite was on the 2nd floor, two balconys but both were too small to sit out and enjoy the view. Large bathroom, jacuzzi, very small shower, you can't turn around it it. All in all, I recomend it."

• Travel date: 18th September 2003

The Greatest!

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"What a great hotel - great (the best?) location, huge room, fantastic bathroom and one of the largest junior suites I have seen (and certainly the biggest room I have seen in Europe). We had three fantastic nights in room 304 and can not recommend this hotel more highly. With the 1000 Euro a night we saved over a suite at the Danielli (next door), we had a nice afternoon shopping at Gucci!"

• Travel date: 14th September 2003

Not all it is made out to be

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"The hotel is well situated and at first glance seems wonderful but beware. If you do not have a front facing room, you could land up in a room in whcih it is difficult to swing a mouse let alone a cat. Perhps it was the heat but some of their staff are downright rude to say the least - in their defence this is the minority. If you can get a front facing room (and I am not sure this is a factor of either luck or price but more perseverance) then you could be onto a winner particulalrly given the location"

• Travel date: 22nd August 2003

A Marvelous Stay

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"This was my third visit to the city and I was very pleasantly surprised with this facility. I knew, of course, that the location would be great but the value and the service were the real surprises. Not that any of my other earlier choices like the Gritti were bad but when you factor in price, this hotel emerges as a superb choice!"

• Travel date: 15th August 2003

location, location

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Took the advice of trip advisor and booked the hotel through Travelocity. I wasn't able to request a room with a view on the site, so I called the hotel directly after booking it to request an upgrade. Our room was very standard. No view whatsoever. It was quite small, but charming. The bath was huge! A juccuzi tub and separate shower (which we were unable to figure out the operation of) We took advantage of the 25% off at the hotel restaurant and had a decent meal. On our other night we took the advice of the front desk clerk and visited a wonderful restaurant. Best of all is the price, and location."

• Travel date: 13th August 2003

Met Every need

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Excellent staff! We arrrived late and the hotel was willing to keep the kitchen open. What ever we asked for they were willing to help with. Location can not be beat a few steps from St. Marks Square. Room was spacious and well appointed."

• Travel date: 11th August 2003