Guest Room

Good

This place is amazing! We stepped out of...

Reviewed 22nd February 2007

"This place is amazing! We stepped out of the train station to fantastic views then walked for less than 2 mins and were at this fantastic hotel. The staff were really friendly, our room was large with a huge closet and bathroom, and we had a balcony which was great for watching the world go by. To be honest, I'd booked this hotel via the web, not knowing where it was and fully expected to have to get a taxi to reach it. It was a great surprise to realise how close to the station it was. Unfortunately, we only stayed for 1 night but we spent a lovely afternoon sitting on the hotel terrace watching the traffic on the Grand Canal, sipping bubbly and wishing we could stay for longer! I went here on a sightseeing holiday with a friend and we decided to treat ourselves but this would be an ideal hotel for couples looking for a romantic trip away. Hopefully, I'll get to go back someday!"

• Travel date: 22nd February 2007

Post Cruise Stay in Venice

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"We have just stayed at the Hotel Principe having added a night in Venice to our 2 week Med Cruise. We had booked 2 rooms over the Internet for 4 adults and 2 children. We arrived at 10am and received a very warm welcome from the Reception Staff. We were offered 1 of our rooms immediately which was very welcome, complimentary breakfast which was not expected, and a room upgrade to Balcony with Canal View for 1 of the rooms. We had e mailed the Hotel in advance and asked for our rooms to be close to each other, which they were. Both rooms were extremely large with excellently fitted Bathrooms. Wonderful chandeliers, the best cotton linen and furniture in character with the location, combined with a very comfortable bed all made both rooms outstanding. Each room was very adequately stocked with Bathrobes, slippers and toiletries. At Breakfast, the staff promptly moved tables to provide a table for 6 on the Terrace overlooking the Canal. Staff were attentive and the Breakfast was wide ranging and very good. Overall, the staff we encountered were very friendly, our luggage was stored on our last day, and nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone. I would certainly recommend this Hotel, especially given its proximity to the Grand Canal, excellent Restaurants and Shopping, the Train Station and the connections available from P de Roma."

• Travel date: 28th August 2004

SMELLY, OLD AND RUDE STAFF!!!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"DO NOT stay here, and do not and I mean do not eat here! We were on a 4 Star CIT tour and this was the dump that they put us in for 2 nights!!!! 4 star is a joke! I would have rather stayed at the backpackers down the road! I was so dissapointed with CIT for putting us here as it really ruined our out look on Venice! Part of the tour was that dinner in there tradgic resturant was included in the price.... they should have been paying us to eat that food! It was cold, tiny and the waiters were all so rude! I would have rather had McDonalds than eat there terrible food and drink there terrible wine that was majorly overpriced! Our room stunk of smoke and was bright pink with the most disgusting blue glass chandelier I have ever seen! I don't know how this could be 4 star because there was nothing 4 star about it! The room was tiny and I couldn't open my suitcase anywhere but on the bed.... Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else! If you are looking at a tour make sure you find out where they are going to make you stay too as we got totally dudded having to stay here for the fortune we paid!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th August 2004

Great location friendly staff

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"We went to the Principe during Carnival time. The Staff was very accomodating in the reception, and Gianni and Rafael were friendly at the bar, the breakfast was OK, our room was small, but charmin, my friend's room had an awsome terrrace, so ask for one. We had fun."

• Travel date: 13th August 2004

Location awesome rooms, not so awesome

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"The hotel was average in its service. I did not like the tacky lamps/chandeliers in the hotel room, but the location was awesome and unbeatable. The Hotel is just off the canal and is near the train station as well as all of the major sites. But let me tell ya, the best part of the hotel was the man who worked at the front desk...he was HOTTTTTTTT!!!"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2004

It was beautiful

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"My mother and I stayed here and we thought it was just beautiful! Our room had a nice terrace, the room was very quiet, the breakfast was very good, the train station is sooo close and we had a wonderful time. The only complaint I have is that the staff wasn't very friendly. I was going to meet some friends in Austria and the desk never gave me the phone messages -until a day after I was suppose to leave. I would stay there again just because of the location."

• Travel date: 20th June 2004

hotel in winter

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"went december 13th 2003, i'd recommend venice in winter, nice and quiet, hotel was great we had our own terrace, staff were friendly and the breakfast was delicous, never heard any noise from other rooms and the room was recently refurbished, recommend"

• Travel date: 9th June 2004

Very Disappointed

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"No restaurant facilities because of wedding reception, no bar for similar reason. Must have a staff problem, they were all exceedingly rude. Not what I expect from a 4 star hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2004

Only one problem

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Our room at the Principe was medium sized, newly decorated, and the bathroom was sparkling new and quite spacious by Italian standards. The staff were courteous, the breakfast outstanding, and the hotel has all the touches of a 4-star hotel (bathrobes, bed turned down with chocolates on the pillows etc.) Just one problem, it is SO noisy. Every time somebody spoke or used the bathroom in the next room, we knew all about it. Such a good hotel in such a good location, they might do well to put sound insulation between the rooms. For this reason only, we would not stay there again."

• Travel date: 18th March 2004

Great Location

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"A very welcoming hotel in a great location, almost adjacent to the train station and a major vaporetto stop, and a very easy walk with suitcases to the Piazzale Roma for airport transfers by bus. The rooms are small and the bathroom cramped, but if you have a room like ours on the top floor with a terrace (as big as the room) overlooking the Grand Canal, what more could you ask for. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, but were obviously on commission for arranging Murano tours. Venice is a wonderful place to explore by foot and while this hotel might be at one extremity of the Grand Canal it is at a perfect starting point for a great variety of walking tours. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would have no hesitation in choosing the Principe for future visits."

• Travel date: 13th January 2004

Top Spot

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Only a short stroll from the main transport termimii was a real benefit for us. Arriving by train meant that we could be at the hotel within 5 minutes and catch the vaporetto to anywhere easily. The sights and sounds of the canal made the stay even more absorbing. Needless to say, the service and hospitality were excellent."

• Travel date: 11th January 2004