Good

it's proseco time!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Where to start? This is a lovely, elegant palazzo which feels more like a country house party than a B&B. The location is convenient to the major tourist attractions but is in a neighborhood. You can wander the nearby streets and get a sense of how the locals live. There is a major vaperetto stop about two block away and is very convenient for exploring.

Not to be missed is the afternoon "proseco time" with the owners. They are charming. Also, try to arrive by gondola at least once. It can be expensive, but it is so worth it!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Superb! The only place to stay in Venice

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We stayed for 4 nights. Beautiful palazzo and amazing gardens!
Casual elegance and comfort and always greeted with warmth.
Darwin enveloped the whole atmosphere with a wonderful human quality that made you feel at home. He recommended a great restaurant - Algiubagio, Giulio will customize your plates with samplings such as cod carpaccio to melt your senses!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

THE Place to Propose

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Wow! What can I say. After the rain ruined my original plans to propose to my girlfriend in a Gondola I racked my brains how I was going to do the big moment, and I couldn't have asked for a better setting than this hotel. The staff are friendly, the hotel is the most beautiful place that I have stayed, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels with work. To give you a perspective of the history and quality of the artwork in this place they have 4 paintings from a set of 10, the other 6 are at Doge's palace!
The staff were so helpful and not at all stuffy, in particular Roiry and his son were great, they helped to organise a secret bouquet of red roses to be delivered to our room while we were out so I could use them for my proposal later on, they provided complimentary champagne and later that evening complimentary cocktails and canopes. I booked the Presidential Suite for the night of the proposal, and was very glad I did. The room exceeded our wildest expectations - we had stayed in the Danielli on a previous visit, which was a disappointment compared to this hotel! The Suite had an upstairs and a balcony that meant I could use the roses for a real romeo and juliet proposal! I'm glad to say after she burst into tears (happy tears) she said yes! THE place to stay, and if you want to do a private proposal, I would say the Presidential Suite is the place to do it!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Beautiful and affordable

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Charming former palace with garden where you can enjoy your (included) generous breakfast. Rooms are delightfully Venetian, unlike big chain hotels. Our room (a 2-level suite) had brocade fabric on walls, small balcony, modern bath, beautiful furnishings."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Romance in the air at the Abadessa

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Abadessa for our 30th Wedding
Anniversary in September. I think it was the most charming, romantic, lovely hotel we have ever been to. The interior is beautiful, from the fresco ceilings to the terrazzo floors. It was preserved so well, we felt we had stepped back in time. The staff was very helpful and gracious. The garden was very peaceful, and romantic after a long day of fighting the crowds in the streets of Venice. I dream of visiting Venice again, for another stay at the Abadessa."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2007

This hotel is a TREASURE

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Palazzo Abadessa in November 2006 for four nights. We found the hotel beautiful and the staff as conscientious as at any hotel we have ever stayed at.

The owner was on site and obviously loved her hotel and her work. The staff reflected her enthusiasm.

We cannot wait to go back."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of February 2007

Perfect place to stay

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel for a 4 night stop in Venice on our Honeymoon. Arriving after midnight due to some rather bad naviagion on my part, we were welcomed with food and wine and marvellous hospitality. The rest of the stay continued the same way. The hotel is fabulous, the rooms magnificent, and the staff wonderfully friendly. Will defintely go back, and can not recommend this place enough. Its very very good."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of December 2006

Absolutely Fabulous!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"This is one in a million! The people here were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us during our stay! The Old Worlde Decor is out of this world - a real venetian find. Rooms vary in size and all are breathtaking, each with it's own individual charm. We had a fab breakfast outside every morning (brie, fruits, fresh baked bread .mmm.) in their beautiful garden (Gardens are extremely rare in Venice) This is a family run hotel and it showed in their concern about us and their willingness to provide, where possible, everything we requested. This hotel was the epitome of Venice for us and we will always stay here when we return. - Thank you so much!!! 10/10
Bron & Tony O'Loughlin - Ireland"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006

Don't go anywhere else

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"This hotel is amazing. It has charm, romance, history, yet all the modern features you are used to. Good airconditioning, highspeed computer in the breakfast room. Great food for breakfast. The owner made us feel like family. This hotel is like a museum. It's close to good shopping, good restaurants, has a gorgeous garden, and is in a very quiet neighborhood. Trust me - you don't want a hotel in the middle of all the touristy areas. It's only a 10 min walk to San Marco!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

A Splendid Honeymoon Choice

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We spent four nights of our honeymoon at this lovely hotel. Away, but no too far, from the tourist hordes of San Marco, Palazzo Abadessa was a splendid choice for our first visit to Venice. Our room had a canal view, frescoed ceiling, murano chandelier, silk-covered walls and 18th-century furniture. The garden, hallway, staircase and the first-floor piano nobile make the Abadessa more grand house than hotel. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet is great -- ham, cheese, cakes, fruit, yoghurt, terrific coffee -- and on sunny mornings you can eat in the garden. Arrive and leave by water taxi if you can, the thrill of speeding across the lagoon and arriving at the entrance of the hotel is unbeatable. The Abadessa isn't especially cheap, but nothing in this extraordinary city is."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006