Hotel Da Bruno - Great place in Venice

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I recently visited Venice, Italy for the very first time - alone! I looked around TripAdvisor for reviews on a hotel and came across Hotel Da Bruno. I stayed for the weekend and was very happy with the experience.

I got a bit lost coming off the Rialto bridge and eventually found my way to Salizzada San Lio where Hotel Da Bruno is located (smack in the middle between the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco. I was greeted by a very courteous staff from the Philippines who was very helpful and accommodating during my stay. He even gave me tips on which to see with my less than 2 days stay in Venice - really beats having to sort through my guide book.

In a nutshell, clean room, clean bathroom, except for the odd experience with the shower (a bit small) and free breakfast! I would stay in this hotel again when I come back to Venice!

I recommend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of November 2006

"The location is worth the price alone..."

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Stayed at Da Bruno for one night, having had to move from apartment owned by same family for our last night in Venice because of a prior booking for the apartment. Hotel was very comfortable, though a triple room with 2 adults and a 16 year-old was a little congested! Very quiet inside the hotel considering the thousands of people passing by outside. Buffet breakfast offered quite a big choice including fresh fruit salad, prunes, yoghourts, cereals, as well as the usual selection of buns and pastries. 3 different fruit juices, plus coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Staff friendly and helpful: they would even have collected our bags from the apartment and taken them across to the hotel, if we'd wanted. Storage space available for guests to leave their bags on early arrival in, or late departure from, Venice, a facility which is very useful. Above all, the location is worth the price alone - 3 minutes or so from the Rialto one way and only a little longer to St Mark's Square the other way. Five minutes after leaving our bags at the hotel early in the morning, we were in the queue for the Basilica ahead of all the tour parties. In addition there's a major (by Venetian standards) supermarket close by, plenty of eateries of various types (we found a good, not-too-expensive one more or less opposite the supermarket) and a wonderful gelateria next to the hotel ("the Boutique....") , where a sweet smile from our daughter got her an extra large helping! The hotel gives you a very good base right in the heart of the city, yet once you're inside the relentless pace of Venetian life is a world away."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of November 2006

Very pleasant stay

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"A Very pleasant stay ,centrally located ,easy to find ,accomodation very good, only reservation size of shower ! but adequate for our needs friendly and helpful staff,would recommend to family and friends.Venice is unfortunately a pricy place to stay in comparison to some other european cities but worth the experience would visit again"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

nice little hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed there the first week of May 2006. I had a single room with one twin bed and a brand new bathroom with shower stall. While the room was small, it had a large window overlooking a quiet courtyard and another large window in the bathroom. The room had been recently redone and was very clean. For 100 euro per night, it was a wonderful place in a great location. Breakfast ( fruit, pastries, cereal ) was served from 7:30 - 10:30 in a pretty dining room and was more than adequate."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of July 2006

Great hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This was a real lucky find for us. Clean; comfortable; quiet; helpful English-speaking staff; superb location (5 mins to Rialto Bridge, 10 mins to Piazza San Marco); plenty of good value restaurants/bars nearby; next door to the best (allegedly!) Gelatero in Venice; continental breakfast only (but perfectly adequate). All for 90 Euros/night (March rate), hence 'excellent' rating Would recommend to anybody. They only thing they couldn't fix was the weather!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of March 2006

A little gem in the heart of Venice.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Fantastic location in the heart of venice set amongst lovely restaurants and shops. My room was tastfully decorated with nice ensuite and extremely clean. The hotel is carpeted throughout and is well soundproofed,I had a peaceful stay. The staff were very friendly. I have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel for the price I paid. My parents have stayed there since and were equally impressed. This hotel is cheapest when you ring the hotel direct... £60 per night for a double room. Superb.....would definately stay next again."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of January 2006

Flight was with British Airways from Man...

Reviewed Fri 6th of January 2006

"Flight was with British Airways from Manchester to Venice, could not fault. The Hotel we stayed in as part of the package was clean and modern in a Italian style.

The rooms were small but we didn’t expect large rooms in a city hotel. Air conditioning was fitted and the en suite was presented well. Breakfast in the Hotel was continental with a wide choice of cereals, breads and croissants.

The best feature of this hotel was its close proximity to the centre of Venice with St Marks square and the Rialto bridge only 5 mins away. Venice itself is just magic especially at night when the open air restaurants have musicians playing classical music whilst eating."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of January 2006

loved it

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"stayed last dec- some bad reviews prompted me to write my own.

Hotel is reasonably priced clean and comfortable. the staff were all pleasant.

bad reviews do not seem justified. european city rooms are usually small and old hotels often do not have a lift. if you want a higher standard hotel you have to pay more.

would not hesitate in staying at the da bruno again."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of December 2005

Would not stay here again

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Not a great hotel - was dissapointed with the incredibly small room. No elevator and had to lug our bags up the stairs. The bed was not comfortable, which was about as big as the room. One plus - the bathroom was very clean. Would not stay here again."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of December 2005

A surprise wedding Anniversary trip for my Wife & I

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Last Saturday I surprised my wife by flying her to Venice for our anniversary on the 8th November. The Hotel Da Bruno was wonderful and very comfortable. Right in the middle between St Marks Square and Rialto Bridge in the hub of Venice. We had a wonderful time and a great Anniversary. Although Venice is very expensive it was well worth every Euro we spent!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of November 2004

Clean, Comfortable and Friendly

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"we stayed last week for four nights and were VERY glad we did. The Hotel lived up to its website in every way. The location could not really be better as you are between San Marco and Rialto, just minutes from each. Our room was spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds. Breakfast was good and probably better than most continental breakfasts (nothing beats a good englich breakfast!!) we will definetly be back and will recommend to friends.

• Travel date: Sun 14th of November 2004

Hotels near Hotel da Bruno

Hotel da Bruno is also called

• Da Bruno Hotel