What a perfect location .....!!!

Good

8 of us have just returned from a 4 day ...

Reviewed 11th May 2006

"8 of us have just returned from a 4 day stay in the hotel and felt that this was excellent value for money. The hotel was perfectly situated 5 minutes from the bus station where we alighted from a bus from the airport. Across the nearby bridge was Ferrovia Vaporetto ( water bus) stop and the railway terminal. Outside the hotel was a gondola station. The bedrooms were luxurious for a 3 star and the staff and breakfast (for which we only charged 5 Euros was excellent. The staff were very obliging and friendly and couldn't have been more helpful booking restaurants and any trips required. All 8 of us thoroughly enjoyed the stay and wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending this hotel as we had it recommended to us. It was nice to sit outside with a drink and watch the world go by with a drink from the bar."

• Travel date: 11th May 2006

We absolutely loved this intimate little...

Reviewed 2nd November 2005

"We absolutely loved this intimate little hotel on the Grand Canal, across from the train station (very convenient!). Our room looked out over the canal and it was very pretty and comfortable. The staff, however, were even better. They were so helpful and kind. They helped me locate my lost luggage and gave us great tips. Allisandro and Francesca were like friends when we left. "

• Travel date: 2nd November 2005

First visit to Venice

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"For our first ever visit to Venice, my partner and I booked 4 nights at the Antiche Figure for 4 nights in February 2005 through Expedia. THe hotel is conveniently situated for all forms of transport. Both the Railway and Bus Stations are within a 5 minute walk. The No5 bus brings you direct from Marco Polo Airport. They run at least evey 30 minutes during the day and the fare is 2 Euros. Across the canal from the hotel is the Vaperetto Public Water Bus Stop at Ferrovia, right outside the rail station. Catch the No1 Vaperetto to travel down the Grand Canal towards the Rialto Bridge and St Marks Square. A 3 day pass costs 22 Euros, a really good buy. We both thought the hotel was fantastic. Recently refurbished to a very high standard both the rooms we had were of a good size, spotlessly clean and nicely furnished. We stayed for 2 nights on the fourth floor at the side of the hotel. This was perfectly fine but we enquired about the availability of a room overlooking the canal. Subject to availability this can be arranged for a supplement of 25 to 50 Euros per night.(Per room not person). The view that this room gave down the canal was fantastic. I would recommend paying the supplement for at least part of your stay if not all. Like most visitors we were bowled over by Venice and delighted to have stayed in such a nice hotel. We would recommend it to anybody."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2005

Loved It but..... i think it's haunted

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We stayed at this hotel in June of 2004 for 2 days. Tucked up in the upper most corner suite overlooking the canal and train station. The room and hotel staff were fabulous!! And the location was very convenient for us. The hotel staff even arranged for a day trip for us to Muranno Island to visit the glass factories. The hotel itself was very clean, comfortable and since we had the deluxe suite, very spacious and well decorated. Wonderful chandeliers and marble in the enormous bathroom, lovely textiled walls and draperies....... One problem though..... Both nights I woke up with a sense that there was someone else in the room with us. An eerie sensation that I could not shake even after I woke my boyfriend out of a sound sleep and made him turn on all the lights and check the room over. At one point I swear I could see a shadowy figure in the corner of the room. I feel silly even typing this, but it's true, and not so overwhelming that it would ever stop me from staying this this lovely hotel again. Enjoy you time in this unique hotel...it is one of a kind!!"

• Travel date: 28th January 2005

Wonderful small hotel!

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My partner and I spent three nights at the Antiche Figure in October, and will definitely stay there again. Though I was at first apprehensive about staying near the train station, the location turned out to be ideal. We were well away from the crowds of San Marco, and were able to explore the quiet canals and streets that we would have missed had we stayed in a more touristy neighborhood. Our top-floor room was small but cozy and beautifully furnished, with an oblique view of the Grand Canal and a lavish - though tiny - marble bathroom. Breakfast was ample and tasty, and the staff, led by Alessandro, was consistently friendly and helpful. We can't wait to return."

• Travel date: 21st December 2004

Not bad

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"A bit far from the city center (This could be view as a picky statement, since the hotel is right across from the train station and located ON the grand canal) If I go back again, I would probably try something in San Marco, but I would not hesistate to stay here again. The renovation was clearly well done and everything about the room is perfect."

• Travel date: 19th December 2004

Bellisimo!-BRAVO!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"This hotel was in a GREAT location!!! The room was VERY clean and comfortable. The bathroom was SPOTLESS and the shower had excellent water pressure. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was sufficent. This hotel was FANTASTIC!!!! Helpful hints: From Marco Polo Airport take the BLUE BUS to Piazzeli Roma. Be sure to have Euro's in change to buy your ticket-3 Euro's per person. Behind the Piazzeli Roma ticket booth is a walkway along the Grand Canal-make a right, go over two small bridges and you are there-on your right. It is directly across the Grand Canal from the Santa Lucia Train Station. This area, Santa Croce, is in walking distance of the Rialto and San Marco area. If you don't want to walk, take the vaperatto-SP? #1-this stops frequently along the Grand Canal or #82 which makes fewer stops along the Grand Canal. ***You can buy a 72 hour ticket for 22 Euros/per person at the Piazzeli Roma ticket booth.**** To the right of the Santa Lucia Train Station there are plenty of shops and restaurants. Try to walk. You will get to see more of the canals and homes. You can't get lost!! There are destination signs throughout the city. When wanting to return to Marco Polo Airport buy a bus ticket at the Piazelli Roma ticket booth. It will cost 2 Euro's per person. You will need to board the YELLOW BUS #5-Aeroporto. This is a beautiful city-ENJOY!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 28th November 2004

Great Hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Stayed at the hotel in October 2004. Location is opposite from train station over a bridge. All bridges have stairs (no ramp) and you must drag your luggage up/down. The front desk was very nice. Breakfast was good. Had originally booked a room in the hotel, but arrived early and got a room in the apartment. We got it for the same price, very quiet and very roomy (2 bedrooms, washing machine, iron, refrig, stove, kitchen). The apartment is in the same building. Never got to see what the hotel rooms were like, so no comment. It was nice to have a big place after staying in a few other places in Italy and having small places. I guess the key is to not look like a target. Booked hotel through hotels ($140e night). If you think you are going to have to change your schedule, it is easier to find your best price online and then call the hotel directly (011-39-041-2759486) and book it. This gives you flexibility with the hotel to extend/decrease your stay without hotels.com policy."

• Travel date: 15th October 2004

Excellent in every way

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"The location of the hotel is excellent. Take a bus from the Airport to Piazzale Roma, cross the bridge and you are there. The first impression was very good of a clean hotel. It was slightly spoiled by reception asking us if we would like to upgrade to a canal view room at a discounted rate (we had a side view). After a long journey we didn't want to feel a "sales pressure". However there was no pressure and we stayed in our original room. It was smallish but very adequate, nicely furnished with a very nice bathroom. We had a good view of the Grande Canal. Transport is very easy. You are very close to the train station, vaparetto and just a 10 minute walk from the bus station. We stayed for 4 nights, September 2004. The breakfasts were excellent, cereals, yogurts, fruit, meats, cheese, croissants etc. Staff were helpful and friendly. We would certainly go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2004

Well worth staying here

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Stayed for 3 nights from 5th September. The hotel is excellent and elegant and has recently been refurbished. Although not in the centre it is very convenient and easy walking distance of all major sites and close to the Vaporetto stop, bus station and railway stations. Although only a breakfast room this is adequate and plenty of restaurants close by. Worth while paying the supplement for a canal view. We did this by email having booked originally via Expedia. If you do up grade try to get a room on the second floor as these have balconies. Would certainly stay there again."

• Travel date: 19th September 2004

Great Little Hotel

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Stayed here for three nights beginning August 31. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The location was perfect, across the Grand Canal from the train station. Vaporetto stops five minutes away across the canal. Very helpful staff. The rooms were comfortable and the baths with the Murano fixtures luxurious. This is a four star hotel for a three star price in a perfect location."

• Travel date: 16th September 2004

Buyer beware....

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I had confirmed reservations at this hotel through Expedia. I chose it based upon reviews on this site and proximity to the train station. I was also hoping for a room overlooking the Grand Canal. Upon showing up, the hostess informed me they had problems confirming my room. I wasn't sure what she meant as she has my reservation but somehow they didn't have a room for me. I couldn't explore further due to Italian/English Communication barrier. Needless to stay they provided a room at another hotel (with an upgrade room to a junior suite to sweeten the blow). The hotel was about 5-10 walk away and was conveniently next to the Venice bus station off the beaten path. I'm curious about the mixup, and I guess I'll never find out, but my recommendation is to confirm you actually will be staying at this hotel before your trip."

• Travel date: 13th September 2004