junior Suite

About Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo

• telephone
  • complimentary toiletries

Good

We planned a romantic trip to Venice as ...

Reviewed 15th January 2008

"We planned a romantic trip to Venice as our Christmas treat. We booked this hotel after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed - far from it!! It really is delightful. It is so convenient and easy to find, less than 100 metres from the Vaporetto. Our room was beautifully furnished with an excellent en-suite. The hotel is ideally situated whether on foot or by water bus. Will definitely stay at this hotel again. We had a great time and Venice is a really romantic City. A+ 5 star wow. Will go again."

• Travel date: 15th January 2008

This is a real gem just outside the main...

Reviewed 24th September 2007

"This is a real gem just outside the main tourist area - but on all the Vaporetto main routes! The San Stae Vaporetto stop is about 2 minutes walk (if that) and close to some wonderful hidden restaurants! This hotel has been beautifully restored and our room had wonderful deep red fabric wall hangings and silk ribbon, with gold and wooden furniture - very sumptuous. Large bathroom with toiletries and fab shower! A small courtyard garden outside is great to sit with a drink (weather permitting and in the summer breakfast can be served out here ) In the colder weather - breakfast is served in the dining hall - small but well laid out - and breakfast is continental only - but with the warm apricot croissants you will not miss bacon and eggs ! Walter and Sandro are fabulous hosts and very knowledgeable about all the places to eat and visit - so do not be shy and make sure you ask them for recommendations - also very good at knowing where to take kids to eat early! Make sure you check out which morning the fish market is - not to be missed. The only downside is the lack of room service - but with so many places roundabout - just pop out and enjoy a snack nearby!"

• Travel date: 24th September 2007

Modern Hotel close to everything..

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We spent 4 nights (Oct 10-14th) at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo for the end of our honeymoon and it worked out very well. We chose the hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and the hotel was pretty much everything that previous reviewers had said. We decided to pay a little extra for the junior suite and it was very nice. The bathroom was supermodern and the jacuzzi tub was nice. The room was spacious and had a little balcony overlooking the courtyard. The bed was large, although I think it was 2 beds put together and could have been a bit softer (my preference). The location was very easy to navigate to. This was our first trip to Venice, so everything was new to us. We picked up the vaparetto at Piazza Roma (if you have large luggage, you have to get an additional ticket for luggage) and it was a quick and easy ride to S. Stae stop. The hotel is a short walk (couple minutes) from the stop. The back alley way is the best for luggage. You go straight from the stop and take a left. The bridge entry they give you is prettier. The hotel was walking distance to Rialto Bridge and San Marco Square. Plus with the vaparetto stop nearby it was easy to get anywhere. We went to Murano, Burano and Lido. We got the 3 day vaparetto pass which worked out well. Although it seems they only check your pass at the Major Stops. Rialto, Piazza Roma. Walter and Sandro were very eager to help direct us around and both spoke english well. They directed us to a couple restaurants and a pizza place nearby. Also, I had emailed them a few times before we took the trip and they responded within an hour with helpful advice. Breakfast was nice, Cappacinos, juice, crossants, cereal, fruit, etc. It is a bit colder in the mornings in October, so dress appropriately. I brought my laptop with me with my wireless card, so I was able to connect for free (I think) with a password from the frontdesk. I think they charge if you borrow, so ask. They have alot of television channels, however they are pretty much all in italian except CNN Europe and MTV Europe once in a while. You won't be disappointed at Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2005

Gorgeous Hotel!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We stayed at Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo for our 3 night honeymoon and would definitely recommend it for others! Walter and Sandro made us very welcome without intruding. We stayed in room 5, which although a little smaller than some of the other rooms, has the advantage of a balcony over the canal and views into the courtyard. We didn't notice any disturbance in the mornings. The doors to the wardrobe were originally room doors and a great piece of history. The Murano chandeliers were beautiful too against the wooden ceiling. The breakfast was lovely (apricot croissants, rolls, cheese, yoghurts, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee etc....) and the coffee great. The hotel also offers internet access at 5 euros an hour and have cables for your laptop if you need them. For those looking for a quick snack, Pizza 2000 is not far and a slice is just 1.70 euro's. There's also a nice bar near there, but I can't remember the name. We made very good use of the 22 euro travel pass which includes the road bus to Place Roma and the vaporetto around Venice! Worth buying at the airport to save queuing in Venice. There was a nice fruit & vegetable plus fish market on Wednesday close to the Rialto Bridge. This was good for picnic ingredients for a trip over to the Lido beach. Bread shops and a cheese / salami shop were also close to the market. Can't wait to come back!"

• Travel date: 21st October 2005

Charming Luxury in Santa Croce

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo for four wonderful nights in September celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Our plane arrived late evening from London, and we took a watertaxi from the airport hoping we would arrive in time to eat dinner at a nearby restaurant. The hospitable evening desk clerk called several places and they were all closed. To our utter amazement, he served us ice cold glasses of Prosecco, proscuitto, cheese and bread so we did not have to go to bed hungry. Our room was a lovely (and large) jr. suite with beautiful decor, a whirlpool tub in the roomy bathroom, and a balcony. Breakfast was served in the lovely courtyard and was just delicious. The owners recommended superb restaurants and made reservations for us for dinner and even found us a very special restaurant for our anniversary. We highly recommend the Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo."

• Travel date: 18th October 2005

A Very Special Place

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I had done a lot of research into hotels in Venice and with the help of the reviews on tripadvisor I booked my girlfriend and I into the Hotel Al Ponte. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and can honestly say that it was one of the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms were extremely clean and very comfortable. The hosts we helpful and attentive at all times without being pushy!!! The location of this hotel is brilliant, close to everything yet far enough away to enjoy a walk through the streets of Venice to the main sights. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and its value for money is an added bonus Thank you to Walter, Sandro and their staff"

• Travel date: 15th October 2005

A hidden gem in Santa Croce

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"This hotel was highly rated by TripAdvisor members, and rightly so - it is a revelation! Only a hundred yards from the San Stae vaporetto stop, it is quite tricky to find. You need to cross two bridges to get to the wrought iron front gate. More convenient with suitcases, however, is the back door in a very narrow alley, first left off the main street leading directly from the vaporetto to Ca' Mocenigo (the nearby palazzo). The only sign you are at the right place is a camera over the door and a small name plate next to the buzzer. We stayed the first night in the Junior Suite (Room 10), which is quite large, and has a lovely big bathroom with whirlpool bath. This first floor room overlooks the small courtyard to the front of the hotel and there is a French door onto a small balcony. The other three nights we spent in the only first floor room with a balcony overlooking the canal (Room 5). This was a smaller room, with an ordinary bath. Although we liked the canal view, it was not as quiet as Room 10, especially first thing in the morning, when the odd delivery barge drew up outside the canal door to the hotel. Overall, we preferred the Junior Suite – it was worth the extra money. Breakfast is served in the square courtyard which has a wonderful ambiance of old Venice. The service is prompt, the food is excellent, especially the delicious hot croissants – the only ones we have ever had that don’t disintegrate into 100 pieces when you touch them – and the setting quite charming. If it’s a bit on the cold side, you can eat indoors if you prefer, but we put on a couple of extra layers and ate al fresco – it was so different from England! We would like to thank Walter and Sandro and their staff for looking after us so well. They took all the worry out of staying in a new place, and allowed us to enjoy to the full the magic of their wonderful city."

• Travel date: 13th October 2005

The Perfect Hotel

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"My Husband and I honeymooned in Venice and came across this hotel online. Thanks to all the great reviews on this website, we took a chance and booked our room at the Mocenigo. Walter and Sandro were helpful from the day I contacted them by email. The hotel and their hospitality exceeded our expectations. It was the cutest hotel in a quiet neighborhood. When we found the hotel, we had to cross a little bridge and then enter a beautiful courtyard to the lobby. We enjoyed our breakfast everyday in the courtyard and were lucky to get a cappuccino made from each Walter and Sandro (they were both fantastic!) The hotel was close to everything, but far enough away to provide for an adventurous walk through the cutest neighborhoods to get to Saint Mark's Square. That was our favorite part of the day. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL, clean and quiet. I can't say enough about this hotel. I promised myself I would write a review because they deserve all the praise they can get. I just hope the next time we go back it isn't hard to book a room. I can't wait to go back. Thank you so much Walter and Sandro! Hope to see you soon. Gina and Rob - Los Angeles, CA"

• Travel date: 4th October 2005

A Great Place to Stay

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Al Ponte Mocenego is a two star hotel that gives you five star service. Located close to to Grand Canal, with no bridges to cross (important when you are carrying luggage), this hotel is a wonderful place to stay at a reasonable price. Hosts Walter and Sandro are highly accomodating, personable and knowledgable, the rooms are very comfortable, and the breakfast is the best we had in Italy. If you can get a room here, take it!"

• Travel date: 2nd October 2005

Excellent hotel in great location

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"Having returned to this hotel for a second stay since our visit in May, we were greeted warmly by Walter and Sandro, who could not be more helpful. The hotel is ideally placed for exploring the whole of the Venice area, particularly being close to a vaporetto stop, whilst away from the hustle of the San Marco area. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, with beautifully furnished bedrooms & en-suite. The courtyard, where you can have breakfast or just unwind after a day of sightseeing is also a great bonus."

• Travel date: 20th September 2005

The Hidden Gem of Venice

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"The Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo was absolutely wonderful. The concierges were extremely helpful and knowledgeable when recommending restaurants and giving directions. The room was very spacious and felt warm and comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful....the staff catered to every request and the croissants were hot out of the oven. With all that the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo has to offer, the biggest surprise is the price. Venice is typically a little more expensive than other Italian cities, but the room rates were a bargain when comparing to the other options in Venice. Check out this hotel....you'll be extremely pleased and you'll have money left over to have a nice dinner."

• Travel date: 17th September 2005

The perfect place to stay!

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I enjoyed a four night stay at Al Ponte Mocenigo with three of my friends in the quad room. Like many before a trip to venice I was worried about various things– Is the hotel close to the major sights? Is it easy to find? Will the rooms be clean and comfortable? Is it safe to book online? and so on. The day we arrived in Venice all my worries went out the window. The hotel was incredibly easy to find (only three vaparetto stops from the train station and a very short walk). Also, Al Ponte Mocenigo was a quick walk to the Rialto Bridge, but it was far away enough to escape the crowds of tourists and actually enjoy some less expensive and more unique shopping. Had we had stayed close to San Marco we would have never seen half of what we saw. The room was amazing. Dressed in rich red and gold tapestry and dark wood furniture. We never felt crowded, although we were four. The included breakfast was also great. Served in an outdoor courtyard surrounded by fresh flowers and sculptures. It included fresh fruit, yogurt, warm croissants and bread, jams, a variety of teas and amazing cappucinos (courtesy of Walter and Sandro). I would definately recommend staying at Al Ponte Mocenigo, especially for romantics. Thank you Sandro and Walter for making Venice...Venice!"

• Travel date: 16th September 2005

Hotels near Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo is also called

• Al Ponte Mocenigo
  • al ponte mocenigo venice
  • al ponte mocenigo hotel