Arcadia Boutique Hotel

Cannaregio, 1333 Rio Tera San Leonardo, 30121 Venice Italy

great basic hotel

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Just got back and I would definitely stay there again. Hadn't expected to have a bathtub and such a large bathroom. The room had enough space and I enjoyed not having a TV - a true vacation from the "real" world. The bed was large and comfortable. Of course, I was usually exhausted from walking so much during the day.

I thought the location was ideal - far enough from the main tourist areas and there were plenty of things close by. It could get noisy in the early morning when the fruit/vegetable stands were set up but that was part of the experience."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

A good review for the Arcadia

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Arcadia Hotel for two nights in Dec 2006. I hadn't read any reviews before booking and have been surprised now to read some bad ones. Certainly we enjoyed staying there and found the staff helpful and pleasant, the room and bathroom clean and comfortable and the breakfast perfectly acceptable. And it was so lovely to walk out of the front door and see all those fruit and vegetable stalls. We go to Venice quite often and really wanted to stay in Cannareggio this time. I certainly thought the Arcadia was good value for money.

Trip advisor member, London UK"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of December 2006

Better than expected

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"After reading the negative reviews here, I feared the worst, but I was definitely positively suprised - Arcadia is a good budget choice.

Pros: Good central location with easy access to all points of interest. Athmospheric, fantastic dining room with old Venetian feel. Cheap for Venice. Breakfast and cleaning generally OK. Nice clean towels every day.

Cons: The staff was polite, but reserved - did their job, but nothing more. The walls of our room were splattered with long dead mosquitoes - which was strange since the cleaning was generally OK elsewhere. Beds were bad with thin mattresses and old pillows."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of October 2006

comments on Hotel Arcadia

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"It was extremely hot with no air conditioning and only a fan. The room was a little cramped for 4 people. Noisy right over the street especially if you keep the window open for any breeze there might be. Breakfast was fine. Fairly clean. Good location"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

bleh

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We stayed in Hotel Arcadia in October 2005. We reserved a quad, but one traveler couldn't make it last minute. They did not allow us to change the reservation and we were billed for a quad. However, when we got to the room, it would've been impossible for a fourth person to sleep there anyway since there wasn't enough bedding or pillows. There was a double, an single, and a futon. The single only had a bedcover, which was inadequate given the cooler temperatures of fall. There was one dirty knitted blanket in the closet. We asked for more and only got one more blanket. (The front desk guy had to search other empty rooms for blankets.) We asked how to turn on the heater and were told it was broken.

The room did seem clean, though. But the shower head wasn't suspended from the wall so you have to hold it while bathing. The hotel did have old world charm and an easy walk from the trainstaion, and was located on a busy street with restaurants and gelaterias. Breakfast was cereal, yogurt, and croissants and the girl serving it was very nice."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of March 2006

Ok Arcadia

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"I went to Venice this July 2005, and at my arrival I stayed in other hotel previously reserved by net. This first hotel was ok but I believe these people in Venice tend to cheat you a bit. So I moved to Arcadia without taking even a look first. But it was more than Ok for me. A very small room but comfortable, clean, with own bathroom, hot water. I can't talk about a price now I can't recall it accurately, I won't lie about it.

I'm surprised with the reviews of other people that talk about beds infested with bugs!!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of October 2005

Hotel Infested with Bed Bugs

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of August 2004 and were not happy at all. Third bed was very uncomfortable plus we could not move around because room was way too small, it was very difficult even to come to the window.

The stuff was edgy and very bossy. One morning the shared bathroom was engaged for half and hour but stuff would not let me use the toilet by the breakfast room and was quite rude...

The worst thing about this hotel is that we were infected with "bed bugs" and got severe bites, all the three of us. The worst thing unfortunately is that we brought them home and infested our house and our horror continued because we had to replace furniture (you can't get rid of them easily) and fumigate the house...

I could go on and on but in short this hotel should be shut down.

Despite Venice being lovely we really had bad experience with this hotel.

Beware Arcadia"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2005

Value and location

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I read the poor reviews after I had booked. Cost 220 euro for 3 nights extremely good value. Room small but fine, no aircon but fan you couldn't have the window open for mosquitos. Plenty of hot water for showers, tv worked fine.

The location is great lively, local and close to grand canal. Use Guglie for the local boats.

Breakfast fine and good views from the balcony. Our room was at the back and quiet. Staff attitude great and when we emailed them prior to arriving always replied promptly. Let face it you dont go to Venice for the room, get out there and spend the money you save on an excellent meal."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2005

Small and Friendly Hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"This hotel was ok. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was great, round the corner from the Guigle boat stop. And the breakfast provided was a standard continental breakfast. However the rooms were very compact and basic and didn't even contain tea or coffee making facilities. There was quite a lot of noise from very early in the mornings as outside they were setting up market stalls. I think the price was a lot for what you got but that seems to be the same across Venice."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

Expensive and unconfortable

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"110 € a night for a room with a shared, old and not too clean bathroom, with no TV or anything else, two extra narrow beds, and a lighting that made reading nearly impossible, I think is a little too much."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of October 2004

Hotels near Arcadia Boutique Hotel

Stayed at Arcadia Boutique Hotel? Share your insight.

Arcadia Boutique Hotel is also called