Hotel Le Soleil

Via Treviso 3, 30016, Jesolo Italy

Good

Nice, but not that close to Venice

Good

"I was with a "free" package tour, off season, and was pleasantly surprised at the hotel standard and the service. (I'll leave the food out of this, as the tour operators undoubtedly had cut things to the bone) The room was newly renovated and comfortable for two, the mattress perfect, the bathroom very nice, and everything was sparkly clean. The fridge was a pleasant surprise, but there are no tea/coffee making facilities - still, the helpful receptionist said I could get hot water in the bar.

My biggest grump was not the hotel's fault: I phoned the tour operator to ask how far it was from Venice, and the answer was "half an hour". Not true. With the tour bus it was 30 minutes to Punta Sabbioni and the same by boat to Venice - with private transport it was at least 75 minutes. So if you're looking for a place to stay while you explore Venice, I'd suggest somewhere else.

The staff were friendly and helpful, even to cheapo guests like us, and this is definitely a place I'd come back to - but not if Venice was my main objective."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Soleil was a great place to stay

Good

"I have just returned from a week's stay in the Le Soleil in Jesolo with my mum. After reading trip advisor reviews of many of the hotels on offer through Cosmos holidays I decided on the Soleil due to its proximity to the beach. We were not disappointed when we arrived. We flew from Glasgow via Newcastle, and for anyome being put off by this British Midland flight, I can say it was no problem at all landing at Newcastle and then taking off again. Our room in the hotel was a recently renovated room by the looks of things and it was very comfortable and fairly spacious for 2 people. The only problem I did have with the room was tha fact that it was an adjoining room and you could hear quite clearly what the people next door were saying, and this was offputting especially since they stayed up chatting till late at night, and kept me awake.
On our first day we were alloacted our deckchair, sunbed and umbrella on the beach for the week at no additional cost. this was ideal for my mum and I, and we just took turns about on either the bed or the chair. The hotel is so close to the beach that if you prefer the pool to the sea then you could just pop back up for a dip in the pool, although the sea was lovely.
The hotel does charge 8euros per day for the air con, but we felt we didn't need it if you left the shutters down during the day.
There is a free safe in the room, although it is quite small and we also had a fridge which was useful.
There was a maid service every day with fresh towels each day.
We thought the hotel was quite welcoming and the staff were helpul as was the holiday rep.
The food was ok - I'm not a big meat eater - but there was always 5 choices of starter and main course. Only thing was, you had to order your dinner during the breakfast, which alot of people were not really happy with, but I'm sure you would have been able to change your mind in the restaurant at night. I guess it was just to make things easier on the waiting staff.
The resort itself is one long road of shops and restuarants, so there is plenty to keep you occupied in the evening. The resort is suitable for all age groups and it is a welcome change from rowdy spanish resorts swamped with British bars etc.
I would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone wishing to go to Lido de Jesolo."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

Lovely hotel, highly recommended

Good

"The reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is directly behind the beach, with a sunbed or deckchair allocated for each guest. Deck chairs and sun beds are sttached to the umbrella to stop them being taken/moved too far away but can easily be moved about to where you want them and are certainly not restricted as one previous review mentions.

We stayed in a room with a side sea view. The room was immaculately clean, thoroughly cleaned in the morning and checked again in the evening (bins emptied/beds remade). The bathroom was a good size with a toilet, sink, BD and seperate shower unit. The balcony had a lovely view overlooking the pool area and the beach.

Breakfast was a large selection of cereal, cooked breakfast, rolls, crosissants, fruit etc. The food was fresh and constantly restocked.

During the day the town is calm and relaxed as most people are on the beach. After 8pm, the road is closed to traffic and the town comes alive with bars, resturants, ice cream parlours, childrens entertainment etc.

There is plenty to do including a waterpark (Aqualandia), reptile and shark museums, mini golf, bikes to hire, boat trips, pedalos.

The staff in the resturants etc are very helpful and friendly and most speak english.

We would definately return to this hotel and Jesolo."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Nightmare!!!!

"Where do I start!!!!! After reading various brochure reviews and having never travelled to this part of Italy before, I decided to book a weeks holiday at the Hotel Le Soleil in Lido de Jesolo.
Having stayed in various 4 and 5 star hotels around the world, I hoped that having paid a considerable price for a one week visit this accommodation and location would provide everything we needed for an enjoyable holiday. How wrong was I!!!!

Upon arrival at the Le Soleil, we were met by very grumpy Reception staff who were not in the least bit welcoming or helpful. The state of the actual reception leaves alot to be desired - cheap and tasteless is the only way to describe it. We were given our room keys and upon entering the room we actually thought it was a joke. It can only be described as something worse than Butlins holiday camp 60 years ago. Totally disgraceful for a 4star hotel and resembled more like a 1 star. Everything was made of blue plastic or tin, the room was minute and the bathroom was horrible and also there was no shower tray, so the water went everywhere. We complained that we could not stay in such surroundings and asked to be moved. It was only then that another guest informed us that only half of the hotel had been renovated and we had obviously drawn the short straw. We did manage to get moved to a newer room which was ok and we decided to make the best of the holiday, but that was not the end of it.

We were booked in half board and the brochure had described the hotel as serving excellent cuisine. After sampling two disgusting meals we decided that we would have to eat out for the rest of the holiday. This cost an additional 60 euros a day which is totally unacceptable!

Another issue is the beach. While the idea of a private beach is good in theory, in practice it is more like a concentration camp (maybe its because the whole place is swarming with Germans). You are allocated a bed or a chair (not 2 sunbeds) which are attached to the locked umbrella and you cannot move more than two feet in any direction. There is also hundreds of traders and people offering massages walking up and down the beach. This is the worst place I have ever experienced this. In a two hour period around 40 traders came up to us. We then decided that we would have to sit at the pool to get some peace, which cost an additional 10 euros per day!!!!

The entertainment in the hotel is nil, the whole resort is full of cheap shops selling rubbish, and it seems to resemble something out of the Stepford Wives, as there is totally no atmosphere in the place. Another issue that no-one ever tells you that most of the toilets are holes in the floor - how disgusting!!! Never, never, never go to this place if you want a good holiday!

I can say good thing - the resort is only half an hour away from Venice (which is wonderful) so you can easily escape!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

Great hotel on the beach-

"After reading some of the reviews of this Hotel, we were a little nervous of what we would find. However I can assure travellers that if they want service, friendliness, and good food this is the Hotel in Jesolo to go to. On the beach lovely views side rooms and beach-view rooms. Remember this is Italy NOT Spain!! Rooms are smaller but really clean and maid service great. Also they are still intent on giving service in the Dining Room, you choose your meal,( at least 5 choices for each course) and it is served!! Self service Salads are available, but the 3 courses, including dessert are served to your table. You get your own Beach place, recliner, deckchair and umbrella for the duration, if however you don't like sand you have to pay to sit around the small area of the swimming pool. You can step from the beach into the pool and back so why bother!! Free bicycles are available for any duration, we had ours all day! also free Internet access until 10pm. All in all a lovely holiday.
The shopping street is closed at 8pm to all traffic except bikes, and there is a lovely promenade , 14 miles long to wander in the evening lit by lovely lamps!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

loved jesolo

Good

"been to jesolo before but not at this hotel. first room given wasn't acceptable and when asked for a change receptionist was helpful and gave us 3 other rooms to look at which we could move to instead. all 3 had better views than the one given so we opted for a side sea view room which gave us a good view of the beach from our balcony. Room itself could have done with a bit of updating but nevertheless was clean and beds made every day. other areas also in hotel need updating but breakfast room, terrace, pool area couldn't complain about at all. Buffet breakfast excellent but evening meal/s could have been better some nights, none of this though would result in us not staying at this hotel again. has its own private section of beach which was wonderful giving you your own personal sunbed, table/parasol and deckchair which you could use at any time of the day. beach is fantastic and jesolo itself has plenty to offer with regards to shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. this is our 2nd time in jesolo and will definately go back."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of September 2006

Loved the hotel

"We stayed at the Hotel Le Soleil to relax after a week touring around Tuscany.

The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. Although the room had a lage bathroom the shower cubicle was very small but adquate. One shock we had was that they charged € 8 per day for the air-conditioning which we thought, along with € 7 per day for the sunloungers around the pool area was rather exorbitant. Poolside we could do without but to get a good nights sleep we had to have the air-conditioning

The food was excellent, a cooked buffet breakfast and a choice of evening meals all served by friendly staff.

It was nice after having an after dinner stroll to sit on the terrace, listening to the sea and having a nightcap.

I would warn people with young children that during our stay, live events took place in the Piazza Aurora, the first of these went on until 11:30 pm and the last one, before an early morning departure to the airport, until 1:00 am and they are LOUD, no way could you sleep through it. In between these three events were rained off.

All in all a good hotel and apart from being close to the noise from the Piazza Aurora, it's perfectly situated and highly recommended"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

loved the le soleil

Good

"My husband and i stayed at this hotel and found it to be in a perfect location. Ideal for days on the beach, straight out of the hotel, sunbeds and parasols free, or lovely pool area, although you do have to pay if you use sunbeds by the pool. The poolside bar served a good variety of food for lunch time, at reasonable prices. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was well presented and very good, the evening meal was not always to my taste but always well cooked and served well, However with the many bars and restaraunts and the shops so close to the hotel, it is never a problem, and very reasonable to eat out if you wish. We found the whole experience, travel with Airtours, the hotel, location, trips to Venice and Lake Garda plus excellent weather, extremely good. Overall would recommend highly."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of June 2006

A decent place to stay

Good

"My wife and I were upgraded to the Le Soleil from the Miami & Miami Mini, which was a pleasant suprise given the Le Soleil's location. It would be hard to get any closer to the beach. Good points: very clean hotel, very clean rooms (great views if you happen to get a room that overlooks the beach and sea), friendly and helpful staff, nice bar area and probably one of the nicer pool areas in it's area based on what we saw walking up and down the beach, free bicycle hire made getting around easy as well. Not so good points: based on walking into a few other four star hotels the Le Soleil is a bit dated - decor is straight out of the 1970's (not all that big of a deal though) but one may expect better, also if you stay on half board the breakfast is pretty good (decent selection, kept topped up until 10am) however the evening meal is poor at absolute best which is too bad because the service is alright and the staff really try - but the food is awful (be sure not to pour salt on anthing before you try it!). On a whole though, it is a decent place to stay and if the price were right again, we would have no problems in going back."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of May 2006

Nice Hotel, Location. Small rooms

Good

"Myself and my wife stayed in the Le Soleil for a week as part of our holiday in Italy. The hotel was situated to the western end of the beach and therefore there was slightly more room around the sunbed on the beach. If the beach is not your thing then they have a really fabulous pool area. But beware there is a daily charge for the beds here whereas their beds on the beach are free. Initially I was slightly disappointed in the room we had as I felt it was on the small side. It did however grow on me as the week progressed and it was helped by the small balcony we had which allowed us to sit out in the evening and have a bottle of wine as the sun went down.
The bathroom was quite large and we could not fault the cleanliness which was first class.
Breakfast was a buffet which was substantial when compared to other hotels we had stayed in. We were staying half board and while we could not fault the food served up at dinner or the quantity for that matter the service was pretty slow and this resulted in increasing frustration as the week progressed as occasionally the food would be cold by the time it arrived. This was probably our only real gripe with the hotel. We would definitely stay here again and we have no hesitation in recommending it."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2005

disapointed visit wont go back

"the staff are the best except the maitre dee who was rude beyond belief ! when we booked having been to this hotel three times before we asked for an upgrade {which we made clear we would pay for} our request was treated with contempt and we had to stay in a dog kennel with no balcony and dark windows horrid . the last stay !"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2012

great hotel

"just retured from le soleil hotel. it was really great hotel. very very clean. food was lovely, it was buffet breakfast and menu for evening meal,most the staff were very friendly and helpful,lido jesolo is a nice place with plenty going on and lots of nice shops and eating places.it is near to venice and other intersting places."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Hotels near Hotel Le Soleil

Stayed at Hotel Le Soleil? Share your insight.

Hotel Le Soleil is also called