Hotel Residence La Luna Nel Porto

Good

Perfect setting

Reviewed Thu 14th of February 2013

"Just returned from a wonderful stay at La Luna. The view from our apartment was fantastic. The standard of accommodation was far superior to its 3 Star rating. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the small kitchen was very well equipped. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. All in all, would thoroughly recommend."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2007

Perfect place to stay.

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"This is a wonderful place to stay. It is in an excellent situation, being moments from the promenade and embarkation point for boats around the lake.
The owners and staff are only too happy to help with anything you require. If you wish to practise your Italian everyone is more than willing to let you, but perfect English is spoken.
The place and grounds are spotless and the facilities are really good. Don't be tempted to go anywhere else for breakfast, or even prepare your own, as they are top quality here!
Beds were comfortable, sheets changed frequently and apartment cleaned to a very high standard. Wonderful views from balcony or terrace and, all in all, highly recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Love La Luna Nel Porto

"Hotel Residence La Luna Nel Porto, Stresa, Italy
Date: Sept. 7, 2007
Sam & Carol Grow

We have just returned from our second stay and second summer in a row at La Luna Nel Porto and we are already planning our third return. La Luna is like a second home to us now and we almost want to keep it a secret. This family run hotel is perfection in every respect and detail. Nothing is overlooked. Their guest 's comfort and enjoyment is their first priority. The staff is the best we have ever experienced and includes 5 star hotels.
Our room over looks Lake Maggiore and in two minutes you can walk to the ferry boats for excursuons on the lake or enjoy the numerous resturants in Stresa. Or, enjoy meals on your balcony. In our opinion there is no better location in Stresa or quality of hotel. The hotel was completely rebuilt in 2006 and is perfectly stunning inside and out. That means a lot coming from me, a retired interior designer.
La Luna Nel Porto simply has it all. We can't wait to return for a longer stay. One month was not long enough. We so miss our beautiful view."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

The best Ever!

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"I took my family (my wife and I + 2 kids,ages 4 & 6 y.o.) to Stresa for a week and we stayed at Hotel Residence La Luna Nel Porto. Actually La Luna was the star of our vacation. Not only the residence was spacious (one big bedroom + a huge living room) but it also had a huge garden attached to it.The view from the apartment and the garden was unbelievable! There is the lake just in front of you. The location is ideal: it is "in" the center however at a very quiet street right on the lake. The rates of the apartment was highly competitive to the tiny hotel rooms offered in the area. My kids had a blast in the garden. There was also a kitchenette in the apartment with everything that you need for an extended stay. The place is ideal if you have a family.

The staff was one of the best I've ever encountered (Simona, if you are reading this, I wish to thank you and your colleagues for giving us the BEST customer service in Italy!). We really felt at home.

I highly recoomend this hotel/Residence and I guarantee satisfaction! Me being a consultant who travels extensively and who stays at an avarage of 40-50 different four-star and five-star hotels per year all around the world, I think my experince at La Luna is by far the best I've ever had. If we will plan another trip to Stresa it would be just to repeat our experience at La Luna!

The Rayes Family"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

My second stay at La Luna nel Porto

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"My first stay at La Luna nel Porto was last September, when I was booked here by the organizers of a conference I was attending. I was so impressed that I decided to return this year with my family.

My husband, my two children (ages 13 and 16), and I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a large terrace overlooking the lake (# 209, I think), the same unit I'd been given last time. Our stay was a long one, two weeks, and we loved every minute: extraordinarily helpful and friendly staff, well-equipped and clean accomodations, beautiful location. We used the small kitchen every day for breakfast, and dined in for lunch or dinner several days, taking our meals at the table on the terrace. I used the laundry room (two washers, a large dryer, and an iron) to keep everybody in fresh clean clothes (in spite of some rainy hiking days). Internet is free (and not wireless as another reviewer mentioned---the hotel can provide you with the appropriate cable if you've not brought yours, and you get a password that's good for 24 hours, asking for a new one when it's expired). Our unit came with two TVs, a large bathroom with a shower. A corner unit, so lots of natural light. AC worked well (we used it at night, closing the windows to keep out the mosquitoes and a bit of noise from passing cars).

A great hotel, and a great vacation."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

What a Gem!

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"We have just returned from a week at La Luna Nel Porto Residence and have had the most wonderful time. The apartment was immaculate and the terrace was huge with the most amazing views over the lake. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating and made us feel very welcome. All in all, one of the best holidays we have ever taken and we would highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

A 2nd excellent and enjoyable stay

Reviewed Fri 15th of February 2013

"We just come back in Athens from Stresa where we stayed for 2nd time in Residence Hotel La luna nel Porto for almost a week. I recommend this Hotel once more as it is the 2nd time we enjoyed the beautiful spacious (65 sqm) appartment (no 101) with a fantastic lake view and the big 35 sqm granite and lawn terrace. Our friends enjoyed their no 106 two rooms appartment on the 1st floor with a big 15 sqm lake view veranda. We are looking for visit Stresa and this Hotel at least one more time next year. I am posting some Hotel's photos and lake view from our appartment's terrace and some photos from Simplon Pass and Simplon Dorf that we liked very much."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

we will return!

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"This was the perfect end to our trip to Italy. We had a very spacious room with a wonderful lake view. The garden and grassy terrace overlooking the lake is bella! It is in a very good location and you can walk to everything in Stresa. The staff was most helpful and pleasant, even arriving extra early on the morning of our departure (5:45 am!) because we had to catch a 6:30 am bus to Malpensa airport. We definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of June 2007

A wonderful experience

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"This residence hotel is a real success: a family-run apartment-hotel in a spectacular and convenient setting, which offers good value for a memorable stay.

The hotel lies on the main seaside road: as you pass the boat terminal on your left headed south, the hotel is above a small Shell station at the end of the row of buildings to your right. The entry is only a doorway and elevator at the street leading up one level to the hotel: parking is along the main street.

Once there, you are in the center of Stresa, convenient to the boat terminal (Go to Isola Bella on a sunny morning !) and to the restaurants and shopping in town (Eat at the Taverna Pappagallo for the real experience !).

The apartments are spacious and modern, we had a studio with a grass terrace that overlooked Lake Maggiore. Sunrise and sunsets from the balcony are amazing: the swirl of boats and activity is constant, but because you are up a level and set back, it's quiet and detached. The studio apartment had glass doors across the entire front wall with electric privacy shutters for the evening (but leave them open).

The large room had a generous bed (unfortunately, two twins pushed together to make a double), kitchenette (unavailable unless staying a week, but you can negotiate for access), sitting area and workspace. The bathroom has a tub (hand shower only) and toilet / bidet set. Wireless internet access is included (although I couldn't' access it, but it feels like a sin to stay inside and work anyway.)

The breakfasts are extra, limited to coffee, breads, cereal, juice, and fruit. There are lovely gardens and sitting areas, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

This residence hotel is an absolute gem and a great value for it's location, views, and amenities. It's a textbook example of what can be achieved by a family that takes justified pride in their hotel and genuine interest in their guests: it's not unusual to see the owners watering the gardens themselves before checking the grounds each evening. Their property deserves, and receives, our highest recommendation."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Family-run lakefront GEM!

Reviewed Wed 20th of February 2013

"This is a lovely property, newly renovated and offers direct views of the beautiful lake. Chic furnishing, well equipped kitchenette and nice touches like heated towel rack in the bathroom. Family & staff are eager to please and assist with travel advice. Easy stroll to ferry terminal for islands as well as shops and restaurants. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of January 2007