Sky Bar

Fantastic!

Reviewed 13th February 2013

"This hotel was beyond expectations. It was in a stunning location with beautiful views + the restaurant service was absolute luxury....the food was also pretty fantastic! A cute village+great rail links to Milan."

• Travel date: 27th August 2005

Wonderful hotel and holiday

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"Wonderful hotel overlooking the lake. The restaurant staff were particularly attentive, especially as I am a Coeliac and am unable to eat any food containing gluten, wheatflour etc. I showed them a business card with my dietary needs in Italian and from then on nothing was too much trouble. They "refreshed" my special gluten-free bread for me every evening, made sure that any items on the menu I was not allowed were pointed out, and then chef ensured that I had suitable vegetables, sauces etc. They were most understanding and helpful. This made the stay all the more enjoyable. The free concerts in Stresa were a delight, the plants flowers at the hotel and all along the lakeside were stunning. The staff were polite and helpful and the surroundings peaceful and luxurious. Brilliant."

• Travel date: 29th July 2005

Well run hotel and good value...

Reviewed 14th February 2013

"After arriving in Milan and breezing through customs, the hotel-arranged transportation quickly got us on our way to Stresa - (85 EU's for 2). We stayed at La Palma from June 29th for four nights in room 607, which was comprised of a large bedroom/bathroom, (which was spotless), separate sitting room and a very large corner patio possessing exquisite panoramic views and large pots of fragrant jasmine plants. Furnished with table and chairs for 4, and 2 comfortable lounges for relaxing, you can guess where we spent most of our time! Noise from the lake road below was really not an issue, and after 7:00pm, died down to almost nothing. I had booked this room very early on with the help of the manager, Mr. Stefano Zanetta, and the rate was 300 EU's per night, which included a very fine breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. Mr Zanetta's front desk staff were always helpful and polite. The walk to Stresa was an easy 5-10 minute stroll. We enjoyed the town itself - some shopping, lots of places to eat, (try PapaGallo's!), and a charming piazza for people-watching. This is not the place for you if you seek a "happening" night life scene. I know 5 stars might seem generous, but 4 stars does not seem enough for the wonderful stay we had at LaPalma."

• Travel date: 12th July 2005

Beautiful location and wonderful service

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"We had read about this hotel on Tripadvisor, and it lived up to its positive reviews. Our room was lovely and immaculate. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and accomodating to our needs."

• Travel date: 13th June 2005

Very pleased!

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"We enjoyed our stay at La Palma Hotel in Stresa. The accomodations were very nice, the view magnificent and the staff were cordial, helpful and very professional. Would definately stay there again and feel very comfortable recommending it to others!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2005

Very pleased with La Palma

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"We were very pleased with La Palma. The lake view room was beautiful and it even had a jacuzzi tub. Great location. Walking distance to the village. The staff is very helpful and most speak English. Breakfast is substantial. There are two sundecks -- one on the 6th floor outside of the little fitness room and one on the roof. I loved going to the 6th floor sundeck in the early morning to do my excercises and stretches overlooking the lake. The view from there is incredible. Pictures on the hotel's website are very accurate"

• Travel date: 15th May 2005

A family gem

Reviewed 20th February 2013

"Three years in a row say it all really. We love it. The Palma has everything you want from a family run hotel. Excellent position on the lake, fine food and wine with outstanding service from the staff. The lounge and bar area is the best in Stresa very relaxing and spacious. After a day either on the lake or shopping in Milan or even Switzerland you are ready to feast in the delites of their very proficient kitchen and wine cellar. in the past three years I have never had cause to complain about anything and the familiar faces as you enter the foyer is very reassuring."

• Travel date: 1st December 2004

Gentee grandeur

Reviewed 13th February 2013

"Spent 4 nights here in late October 2004. Moved successfully from a 'junior suite' (which was essentially an oversized double - but still one room at 170€ ) an 2 adjoining double and single (for 200€). Management very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast buffet in vast restaurant. Polite, helpful and smartly presented waiting staff. Delightful jacuzzi/gym/solarium on the top floor. Super location - just 5 minutes easy walk into Stresa. A sense of faded grandeur, like much of Stresa, but a pleasant and relaxing place to stay."

• Travel date: 30th October 2004

Enjoyable stay at La Palma

Reviewed 15th February 2013

"Stayed at La Palma in September 2004 and was very impressed with the views, service and food. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and my wife and I have booked a return visit next spring."

• Travel date: 30th September 2004