colazione in riva al lago

Good

Very disappointed, there are better options in Baveno

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"I went to Baveno twice in less than one month. For my second stay, following the nice reviews on tripadvisor, I selected the Hotel Rigoli. The hotel is well located, not far away from the Baveno jetty, just on the lake. There is a private parking. The possibility to have breakfast outside, close to the lake, is great. We booked a "triple room with lake view - suite" as we were 3 adults. I have been very disappointed when we arrived. The room was basic, with a side view on the lake and no terrasse. The beds were old, bed sheets and pillows very basic. The bed in the second room was the worth and I don't remember having seen such bad bed in a hotel for a long time, and of course never seen that in a 3-star hotel. In the bathroom, the towels were not what I would expect in a 3-star and there was no shower curtain, which means that after I took my shower, there was water everywhere in the bathroom. Finally the service was at the minimum level. I paid 10 euros for internet (for 3 hours if I remember well). There was no desk and chair so I had to work sitting on my bed. We did not use the restaurant, except for breakfast which was fine. All of that would have probably been acceptable if I would have paid one third of the price I paid. I had a much better experience in the previous place I stayed in Baveno, which was also cheaper."

• Travel date: 9th July 2009

Excellent location, great breakfast

Good
Reviewed 1st March 2013

"This hotel has a lovely location right on the lake front - upgrade to a room with a balcony is worth it. Easy to get to even if travelling by train - train to Stresa and then taxi to the hotel - 13 Euros. Rooms are large but simple - air con and good sized bathroom but a fridge would have been useful. Breakfast excellent and we ate at the hotel restaurant one night, good service and nice food. Most people staying there were probably retired and German but we had the private beach to ourselves one day and it was a lovely chilled place. Had internet access at 5 Euros an hour. Nice little place to have a drink is the cafe attached to where the boats depart and opposite a cafe that id a good set menu for 8.5 Euros- simple pasta, salad, water and coffee, nothing fancy but nice food and service. The trips to Isola Bella and Isola Madre are good day trips."

• Travel date: 1st July 2009

Wonderful Relaxing Holiday

Reviewed 4th March 2013

"We stayed at the Hotel Rigoli largely based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. As said by others, the room was well furnished and spotlessly clean. We had a lake view balcony room which we would thoroughly recommend. We spent many a happy evening just sitting on the balcony reading our books and occasionally looking up to take in the beautiful view across the lake. Having booked on a bed & breakfast basis we did use their excellent restaurant on a number of occasions. Apart from the last of the ten days we were there, we had our breakfast on the attractive terrace directly overlooking the lake. Staff were always very friendly and helpful and there was a very homely atmosphere in this family run hotel. Although only a short walk from the centre of Baveno, the hotel is situated in a very quiet area and unlike a lot of the hotels on the lakes, it deoesn't have a noisy road separating it from the lakefront. We really look forward to returning some time in the not-to-distant future."

• Travel date: 24th June 2009

Wonderful Hotel In Every Respect

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Rigoli for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay. The hotel is situated right on the lake and requested a room over looking the lake, which is a necessity to take in the beauty of Lake Maggiore. The room was spacious, very comfortable, unbelievably clean and afforded magnificent views across the lake via a small balcony. The hotel has its own private beach, provides parking for guests, is very tastefully furnished and offers a delightful breakfast variety with the option to either eat indoors or outside on a lovely terrace which borders on the lake. Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, with nothing being too much trouble. The hotel also offers laptop access in your room, free of charge. The hotel is also within a 5 minute walking distance of the ferry services, which provide easy ferry access to both Stressa and the Borromeo islands. Overall, we had a simply wonderful stay and would have absolutely no hesitation in strongly recommending this hotel."

• Travel date: 14th June 2009

Truly outstanding hotel for its price

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"A second visit for us and this time was with all the family for a wedding. Everyone in the family agreed that this is a lovely hotel in all repects. A must is a lake view room and wake up to the sun rising over Lake Maggiore. Truly spectacular. The standard of food is excellent and a very varied menu. The rooms are spotlessly clean and all the staff were very polite and willing to please. It has convenient parking and is located just yards from the edge of the lake which you have difficulty finding elsewhere. The town of Baveno is conveniently situated so that you can use ferries from the nearby terminal to all over the Lake and you do not need a car to spend a varied week sightseeing. Will definitely return."

• Travel date: 7th June 2009

Stunning hotel

Reviewed 5th February 2013

"Myself and my Fiance stayed over a long weekend and were VERY impressed. Paying the extra for the lake view room is an absolutely must. The staff were fantastic and the best part was being able to have your breakfast out on the patio area. We have recommended this hotel to my parents, and would def go back again. The rooms were lovely - clean and well furnished. The hotel decoration its self was very tastful and "old world" with wonderful paintings and books lying around you could take up and read (in a variety of languages). There was plenty of parking if you are planning on hiring a car - and the hotel is very easy to find, and very well located - there is also a supermarket within a 5-10 min walk. We had a superb holiday and a HUGE part of that was down to the hotel (dont forget the private beach!)."

• Travel date: 10th September 2008

Superb Hotel in a Stunning location

Reviewed 20th January 2013

"We stayed 8 days in Hotel Rigoli.It is a wonderful hotel in an amazing lakeside location .A lakeview room is a must...with stunning views over the lake and islands as has tthe terrace .Rooms excellent,wonderful staff,a wide selection for breakfast which we took on the terrace. Hotel close to ferry terminal...we took lots of trips to various very interesting islands and other locations on the lake..lots to see and do. NO NOISE from very small campsite nearby. The Lido beachclub on far side of campsite a good place to relax We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and would and would return....first class.!"

• Travel date: 8th July 2008

Peaceful

Reviewed 31st January 2013

"The Hotel Rigoli is set right on the lakeside in the quiet little town of Baveno. It is a small family run hotel, immaculately clean, with friendly, helpful staff. We were on half board basis and the meal were a very pleasant surprise, and of a high standard - I have never had such an amazing Duck with Orange Sauce! The breakfast buffet has everything you could want and you can eat on the lakeside terrace. As other people have said, the extra for a lake view room with a balcony is well worth it. The position of the hotel is such that when you are sat on the balcony you can see nothing else but the lake, with stunning views across to Pallanza. I can't think that I have ever been to a more peaceful place. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing hotel with good food, in an idyllic setting."

• Travel date: 7th July 2008

Loved the Rigoli

Reviewed 1st February 2013

"The Hotel Rigoli was excellent. The breakfast was superb, and the hotel management learned who you were very quickly and would remember what you wanted for breakfast. You can eat breakfast outside on the lake or inside. The swans and ducks are cute and wait for a snack. One day we were running for a train. They helped put together a quick breakfast we could take on the run. We did not have a balcony on the lake, but on the side of the building which not only gave you a view of the lake, but of the mountains as well. I've read earlier comments that it is located next to a campground which was very noisy. The people there were delightful and I never heard a peep out of them. If you open your balcony door at night, all you hear are the boats. One night at midnight there were even fireworks. The staff was very accomodating, the hotel is immaculate and it is a class act, well worth whatever you pay."

• Travel date: 29th June 2008

Wonderful stay

Reviewed 3rd February 2013

"We absolutely loved the Hotel Rigoli. We stayed there for 4 nights as part of a conference held at a nearby hotel. Our room, and the entire hotel, is spotlessly clean. It is truly the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. We splurged on a lakeview room and were very glad we did. The property is right on the lake and has amazing views. Loved the balcony off our room. Breakfast was lovely and the sisters who run the hotel are hard working and helpful. The ferry stop is a short walk away - we enjoyed taking the ferry to explore the various islands and gardens in the area."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2008

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"I was 1 of 12 guys who booked up for a 4 night golfing break and stayed at this hotel. Its location is fantastic and would certainly recommend paying the extra for a lake view. Rooms were large and very close to the lake which was so picturesque it blew your mind away. The two sisters who run the hotel bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible even making us food at ungodly hours. You could not fault this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it for any type of stay. Would be ideal to go with your wife for a romantic weekend."

• Travel date: 17th June 2008

Delightful Hotel

Reviewed 24th January 2013

"My husband and I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Hotel Rigoli. We knew from the reviews we read that we would enjoy our stay there but it was even better than expected. It is an immaculate hotel, beautifully run by delightful staff with lovely views across the lake and mountains as a backdrop. It was well worth having a lake facing room with a balcony even though the weather was disappointing for most of our stay. We booked bed and breakfast but enjoyed several dinners in their lovely dining room. Unlike other hotels in Baveno the Rigoli is well off the main road and as a result very quiet. We had a very pleasant and comfortable room which was nicely furnished. It is a very short walk from Baveno's restaurants and more conveniently, the Island boat trips. The selection and choice of breakfast was among the best we have ever experienced and would highly recommend this hotel particularly for those like ourselves who wanted a quiet and relaxing holiday and very good value for money. Diana and David White - Broadstairs Kent."

• Travel date: 1st June 2008

Hotels near Hotel Rigoli

Hotel Rigoli is also called

• hotel rigoli baveno
  • rigoli baveno
  • hotel rigoli baveno italie