scaletta a lago

Good
Good

Lovely base for my sister's Italian wedding

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"My sister chose to marry in a little chapel she'd seen perched on the mountains surrounding Lake Como. She'd first spotted the church several years ago when she and my mother traveled to Menaggio for a cooking school run by Ty (now the chef at Cucina della Mariana- his wife Paulo runs the Alberghetto.) So, the Alberghetto seemed a good base for the family during the wedding week. We enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere that Ty and Paulo provide. They personalized our stay and helped us in every way. My husband and my room was one of the smaller ones, but the other three had views of the lake and Bellagio and room to sit. Rates are reasonable. The Alberghetto has wireless internet and Paulo serves breakfast in the morning. The ferry to Bellagio runs on the 1/2 hour with the port within walking distance. Ty's restaurant is unique and enjoyable. He is a repository of information on regional Italian cooking. We had a wonderful stay here."

• Travel date: 25th April 2005

Wonderful experience

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"A truly wonderful experience staying here. Very pleasent owners who make you feel like friends. Eight rooms all en suit with a lake view if you want it, but be prepared for road noise as the main lake rod passes the front of this small family run hotel. Paola the owner is a mine of info on the area. Her husband Ty runs a gourmet restaurant downstairs together with chef Antonio and eating out here beside the lake is a truly lifetime memorable experience, with all food gathered locally. Once you have stayed here you are sure to return again"

• Travel date: 15th June 2004