Spectacular view!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I'm delighted to give the Villa Monica a thumbs up! Hands down, our room was one of the more magnificent "rooms with a view" we've ever enjoyed while traveling. The second best thing about this bed and breakfast is Pasquale--he's friendly and helpful and was easy to deal with by email in the booking process. The accommodations themselves are rather basic, but spacious and clean. The breakfast was ample if uninspired. Pasquale charges a fair rate for his lovely bed and breakfast. I can't say I endorse the idea of driving a car to Sorrento or the Villa Monica! We did it this time, but that aspect of our stay wasn't as pleasant as a prior car-less visit. Like the previous reviewer, we drove to the Villa Monica, but he makes it sound so easy--we had to get help with directions from friendly locals, and the final stretch up the narrow, steep road to the villa is not for the faint of heart (or anyone less than an aggressive, confident driver)! All in all, I'm sticking with my opinion that having a car in that part of Italy is a major pain--traffic, road conditions and parking are stressful; it's far easier to get around by train, bus, taxi and walking."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2007

Great place tostay

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We arrived in Sorrento by car and decided to drive up into the hills and find Villa Monica. Followed the excellent directions I printed off from the website, knocked on the door (unannounced) and was warmly greeted by Pasquale. We intended to stay for one night and ended up there for three. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. I would highly recommended Villa Monica. Thank you Pasquale for making our stay so enjoyable."

• Travel date: 10th April 2007

Lovely Hosts

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Amazing views, comfortable rooms and Pasquale and his family will make you feel very welcome indeed. The hotel is quite far from the centre but this is not a problem since Pasquale provides a pick-up/drop off service. He actually stops by a lovely patisserie which also belongs to his family and has amazing cakes... Ask for a room with a view!"

• Travel date: 9th April 2007

Beautiful place, great service

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon and we were pleasantly surprised by the experience. Pasquale is so fantastic, he picks up and drops you off from the town centre. He was extremely helpful with little pieces of advice for eating, catching the bus etc. Villa Monica has phenomenal views and gives as a more “homely” experience compared to the hotels of Rome. Pasquale's wife also provides with an good breakfast (this is the only aspect that could use a bit of improvement) and if anyone has the time, try the Monica patisserie owned by the family. We highly recommend Villa Monica and thank Pasquale for a wonderful experience."

• Travel date: 31st March 2007

an italian experience at its best

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"As if taking a trip to Italy isn't enough of a gift. This private, secluded, B&B is a real treasure. You can spend your entire day exploring the sights of sorrento, and at night feel like you are coming home. Pascquele is the owner of this gem, and he is a large part of why Villa Monica is so great. More than willing to provide transportation to and from the center of sorrento, he is more than willing to answer all of you questions and to make amazing suggestions for your stay. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for something special. I stayed in Italy for two weeks and Sorrento was my first city. I was heart broken to say the least at leaving such a great find and great city. Go to Italy, enjoy your trip, stay in villa monica, and leave with memories and new friends. Good luck to all."

• Travel date: 25th March 2007

Loved the view

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"The most outstanding thing about Villa Monica was the view from our room. Overlooking Sorrento during the day or even the evening was nothing short of spectacular. Pasquale was always available to transport us into town and back. Very clean accommodations and reasonable price. We would recommend it to friends and family."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2007

Escape the crowds and relax with a gorgeous view

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Although Villa Monica is not in the heart of Sorrento, you never realize it because Pasquale is always there to pick you up or deliver you wherever you want to go. Often, he would just appear and you wondered how he kept up with everyone. (You only need to be careful about putting on weight because the pickup point is the famliy bakery and it's ALL wonderful!) The views from the balconies are stunning. You take in the beauty of the villages, towns, and the coastline for as far as the eye can see. Pasquale advised us well regarding our dining as well as our sightseeing. We took his advice in takng the bus along the coast and deciding to walk the streets of Ravella instead of Poisitano and we found a piece of heaven. The views from there are unparalled. Pasqualle loves his work and his enthusiasm is evident in all he does. We left feeling like friends, not strangers! Kentucky, USA"

• Travel date: 17th March 2007

Georgeous view, impeccable service

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"You will never experience a view from your room like this one! Sorrento, the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius. The host is most accomodating about transfering you to the city center, so a car is not necessary. Excellent in every way."

• Travel date: 17th February 2007

Our stay at Villa Monica was just wonderful !

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"Our stay at the Villa Monica was just wonderful ! My husband and I and our three teenage sons enjoyed everything about it. We felt welcome the moment we arrived and the service was excellent throughout our stay. The owner, Pasquale was very helpful with dinner reservations and touring tips. Our room had an outstanding view of Sorrento below. The villa had so much character, charm and was immaculate. Karen & Paul, Orchard Park, New York USA"

• Travel date: 29th January 2007

Loved Every Minute Of It

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"we found this property by surfing the net and when I looked at their website I thought that it was a nice place, and good price . When we actually arrived it surpassed all our expectation, I was gobsmacked with the views from our roomand I loved the decor. The weather was mild for december,well better than ireland anyway. It's a bit out of the way but the shuttle bus was very accomodating,it really suited us to the ground.. this holiday was great craic.......Will certainly go back."

• Travel date: 14th January 2007

Hotels near Villa Monica B&B

Villa Monica B&B is also called

• villa monica hotel sorrente
  • villa monica bed and breakfast
  • villa monica hotel