our second home/

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2014

"Just returned from holiday in grand hotel Aminta. wonderful place to totally relax and be pampered.reception staff Giovanna Leah, Victoria, dining room staff . Tom Michael JP, Pietro peter, Liberato,plus the young guys/ to pool bar staff tony ,Joseph Fransisco .lady of the house michele. absolutely wonderful holiday.we have stayed here many times over the years it is still top of my hotels to stay at. thank you aminta Richard Janette walker 07/09/2014."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2014

The hotel staff are all very friendly an...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2008

"The hotel staff are all very friendly and always helpful. The views from our balcony were the best I have ever seen. We were on the fourth floor, poolside. It really is a lovely hotel. Not much for children though.
Sorrento and the surrounding areas are all very pretty, but of particular note are Positano and Iskia.
If you go to Capri, make sure you take the bus a short ride to Ana Capri and take the chair lift to the top. The views are breathtaking. I don't like heights at all, but the chair lift keeps quite low to the ground so I felt quite comfortable once I got going.
Try the freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice drinks in Capri - delicious and very refreshing.

The taxis in Sorrento are ridiculously expensive, so it is best to get a bus if possible.

If you go to Iskia and want to see the Mortello gardens (not sure of the name) check that they are open. We went on one of the few days they are closed, which was disappointing. Instead we took a taxi for a 2 hours sightseeing trip of the island. It cost 60 euro's which between 3 of us seemed very reasonable. We did have to haggle a bit to get this price though and of course they always stop at shops and bars in the hope that you will buy something - I assume they get commission.
In fact the constant obsession of everyone wanting tips is the only downside of this holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2008

my wife and two friends have just return...

Reviewed Thu 22nd of May 2008

"my wife and two friends have just returned from the hotel aminta. the hotel and staff were, friendly ready to serve you all day and night. The meals were excellent well presented, the dining room and bar staff were all smartly dressed. The views from the patio were spectacular. This is a hotel i would recommend to all my friends. We will definitely be returning next year."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of May 2008

As my mum and her family are from Sorren...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"As my mum and her family are from Sorrento, we do try to visit as often as possible. This year we stayed in the Grand Hotel Aminta, located about 1.5km out of Sorrento on the top of a hill overlooking the bay.

Our stay was fantastic. All staff were extremely friendly, the food was great, and the views were breathtaking. We will definitely be returning next year if possible and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Sorrento.

Sorrento itself is such a great place, words and photos cannot do it justice, you have to go to appreciate its true beauty and atmosphere. Not to mention the food and weather. I would definitely recommend a visit to Sorrento."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

We stayed in the Annex - Villaminta - ex...

Reviewed Thu 25th of January 2007

"We stayed in the Annex - Villaminta - excellent room and brilliant outlook across the Lemon groves to the sea.

The hotel staff were friendly and service excellent as was the food.

Sorrento town accessible on foot or by local bus/Hotel mini-bus. Try the "rural road" down! Lots to see and do in the area, and would recommend not hiring a car as public transport good - even to get to and from the airport.

Trip along the Amalfi coast in a mini bus was well worth the additional cost, as we saw places inaccessible by ordinary bus, and difficult by car because of parking restrictions.

Wonderful restaurant just further up the road from the Aminta, in the hills - they will collect you and return you to the hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of January 2007

Been home a week from Sorrento and I mus...

Reviewed Thu 20th of July 2006

"Been home a week from Sorrento and I must say that I’m missing it already! We will definitely consider returning next year as we had such a fantastic holiday. We gathered to watch the world cup final in the piazza and what an evening it was! Everybody was friendly and joyous.

The Grand Hotel Aminta was a good hotel for the money and I have spoken to others who were in different accommodation and to be honest I feel we got the best! Service was excellent! Food quality excellent! But one thing I do advise is not to book excursions! Do them your self you’ll see more and at your own pace. A trip to Capri is a must it’s so amazing! The boat trips are so awe inspiring!

In a whole if you are thinking of going to Sorrento don’t think any longer just go! "

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

As soon as I have come back from Sorrent...

Reviewed Sat 1st of April 2006

"As soon as I have come back from Sorrento I had to write a review of the Grand Hotel Aminta.

Our room was on the 5th floor with a lift service to the 4th. The views from our room of Sorrento, Vesuvius and Naples were outstanding.
The room was clean and presentable.

The hotel service was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was good with breakfast being the best. A lot of effort was put into presentation of the meals. The dining room waiters paid a lot of attention to detail. Some food was not to our tastes but on the whole it was good.

We had a price breaker holiday and for the price we paid the hotel was brilliant!!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006

Stayed at the Aminta for 7 night in the...

Reviewed Sun 6th of November 2005

"Stayed at the Aminta for 7 night in the middle of October 2005. We were disappointed to say the least. Firstly the room we were allocated (7B) was very small and joined to another room via a door hidden behind the wardrobe, making the already paper thin walls even thinner. After speaking to the tour rep we were moved to the Annex. I have the say the room we were moved to was a lot more spacey, however the smell of sulphur got a little strong at times.

The food was also disappointing....maybe we went with expectations higher than most! The breakfast was a nice selection of cereals, bread and cakes with an extra supplement to pay for a cooked breakfast. (11 Euros for one fried egg, one small rasher of bacon and one hotdog sausage. Excessive!).

Drinks from the bar were more expensive than we thought paying 7.5 euros for a pint of Nastro Azzuro. The dinners weren't much better. I went at least two evenings without eating part the meal, one of which was the gala evening when prawns and squid were served as part of the set meal. Not everybodies taste! Desserts were good though!

So to sum up would I come back to the Aminta? Definitely NOT. This is a very average Hotel and in my opinion is not worth the 4* rating."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Wonderful Holiday at the Aminta Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"On the 16 September my friend and I went to the Aminta for the start of a 2 centre holiday. We loved every minute at the Aminta. Our luggage was taken up to our room by very friendly porters when we arrived. The bar and resturant staff were very nice and had obvisously been well trained in their job.It was a pleasure going into the dining room. The food was always nice and piping hot. Our room- well that was something! when we opened the shutters and saw the view it really made our holiday. I took so many photos to show our friends back home. We want to go back to the Aminta as soon as possible but to stay for 2 weeks this time."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of October 2004

fantastic staff, accommodation and food

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Hello to All

My husband and I have just returned from a week at your hotel on the 24th September 2004. I can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we had. The hotel accommodation was lovely, the view from our balcony was more than we could have imagined, our room was spacious and was kept very well all week. The food and service in the restaurant was fantastic. We had a lovely bottle of champagne left in our room because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, which I can tell you we enjoyed very much, and many thanks for that. Overall a superb hotel and staff, and thank you all for making our visit to Sorrento so lovely. Just to add there is loads of trips to do in and around Sorrento. Thanks again.

Jacque Kierans
Ireland"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

paradise

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"we had a wonderful relaxed week with fantastic food great weather and the best view of sorrento, bay of naples, mount vesuvius ,capri etc.
i dont think there is any where else on the face of the earth that can offer such a friendly well polish
professional service from the reception, waiters
& all hotel amintas staff the rooms are beautiful
well furnished extremely clean and remain that way
for you stay will go back next year"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

Memorable Holiday

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Welcome to everyone at the Aminta. We recently returned home on the 10th September after a weeks holiday. Everything about the holiday was perfect and we certainly plan to return next year. The friendly staff, good food and the magnificent views from our room made it very special. All the guests we met were very friendly and all sang the praises for the hotel and staff.

Thank you very much for helping to make our first visit to Sorrento so enjoyable.

Kind Regards,
Lorraine and Dave from Bournville, Birmingham"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of September 2004