About Conca Park Hotel

• tv channel one russia
  • evening entertainment

Good
( 1941 reviews)

Disappointing

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2016

"Considering the cost of the stay in this hotel we were very disappointed. There is an 'annex ' which is outside the main complex consisting of double rooms. There is direct access from the street and other guests often left the main door open at night time. This meant that anyone from the public had access to the rooms We asked to be moved and were told that there were no other rooms available. The sheets were only changed every few days and with a two week stay and frequent beach visits I found it very unacceptable. We used the beach a few days to make use of sun lounger and parasol and it costs 16 euro pp per day, had the hotel had sufficient parasols this wouldn't have been necessary. The floor in the dining room had food from the night before on it most mornings. The staff are very off hand and unhelpful. There were limited parasols with the sun beds and there is a charge for beach towels, although we had our own with us which helped. The oranges fall off the trees in the streets lining the way to the hotel and the breakfast had the most horrible packet/machine made juice. I would say this is just a three star, if even, definitely not a four. The reception area and spa are misleading and the rooms really let it down. Hated it, never use it again."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2016

Conca Park Hotel

Reviewed Wed 20th of April 2016

"My husband and I have just returned from a week in Sorrento staying at Conca Park, we chose this hotel because of its easy access to the center of town. We really enjoyed it. We paid a bit extra for a balcony and sea view and we weren't disappointed, the view over the bay and Vesuvius was amazing and particularly nice as it was getting dark and you could see the town lit up. The room was spacious and had a nice shower and was cleaned daily with fresh towels.The walk up through the tunnel wasn't too bad but there were porters available in electric cars to take you up if you wanted, we were glad of it having been shopping. The garden at the back of the hotel and part of the bar and lounge was beautiful, we enjoyed relaxing there. We thought the staff were very professional, smartly presented and attentive, friendly and helpful when asked. There was plenty of choice and variety in the breakfast buffet and evening buffet, a whole range of meat, fish, pasta, vegetables, salads, soups etc. were served through the week and lots of nice Italian desserts. You could eat outside or sit outside on the pool side also. We enjoyed exploring the town from there, just about 10 minutes walk. Lifts were available to different floors though you could use the stairs also. There was soft music in the lounge bar in the evening which was quite relaxing and live music on one evening. We were sorry to leave and would certainly use this hotel again. "

• Travel date: Sat 9th of April 2016

Peter, Ireland

Reviewed Wed 26th of November 2014

"This is a clean comfortable hotel with friendly staff.On arrival I had a problem with the room allocated to my family and I however when brought to the attention of staff at reception We were given a more suitable room with a lovely balcony with a beautiful view of the garden. The pool and its surrounding area is great. We had breakfast every day and found it good on a few occasions we had lunch and to be honest could not find fault (very tasty) The location of the hotel I thought was great central to everything and a 10 minute walk to beach and less to town center. The tunnel that leads the way to reception is not that long I can understand how some might find it a difficult walk however when we stayed there was a golf car at the entrance for any person to use.Anyone thinking of booking this hotel go for it you won't be disappointed. "

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of November 2014

we visited the conca park hotel on the 1...

Reviewed Mon 1st of September 2008

"we visited the conca park hotel on the 17 th august for 10 nights i would not say it was a 4 star hotel . we arrived and had requested a cot it was not there when we asked for 1 they said they did not have any so my mother in law asked them to get us one so they had to get us one from another hotel the stay at the conca park was very expensive as we got charge 20 euros a night for the cot then we also had a car to park this it also cost 20 euros .it was my mother in laws 6o th birthday and we wanted to make her stay special so we arranged for wine and flowers to be put in her room .this did not happen no wine or flowers on the day of her birthday but at the end of our stay we got charged 70 euros what a cheek no one seems to comunicate we never got our money back as we noticed when we left and was to late dispite this we enjoyed our stay and made the best of it would prob not return to this particular hotel . but a mention for the cleaner tressa she was a hard worker cleaned and changed sheets every day and was very friendly. this hotel had been e mailed and constantly reminded a infant was coming if i had known about the cot i would of bought my own"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

This 4 star hotel was very disappointing...

Reviewed Mon 1st of September 2008

"This 4 star hotel was very disappointing.
We had ordered a transfer from the airport that was not there when we got to the airport and that never came, we had to take a taxi, with traffic 1h30 to get to sorrento !!
Then the triple room that we had ordered and that was confirmed was not available, we got 2 different rooms, in 2 different halls, for the first night, which is not nice when travelling with a little kid. The triple room we got afterwards was OK without being great, seems like the bathrooms have not been renovated since the '60s.
Restaurant was a big hall, with nothing special, food was OK but not reaching the expected level of a 4 star hotel, even though the staff was very nice and was trying to do their best. The swimming pool was great with a special area for little kids, but in the shade from 13h on... not nice when you know it is up the hill, and therefore windy...
We'll not go back to this hotel"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

My husband and I sayed at the Conca Park...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of August 2008

"My husband and I sayed at the Conca Park for a week in June and we were not disappointed. The location was excellent and the hotel room was spotless. We had a cliff facing room which was private, quiet and attracted the sun until early evening.

In relation to existing reviews, you do have to pay for loungers which I think is a bit of a cheek after paying to stay at the hotel but it was our choice to use them, there were plenty of free deckchairs which you could move around. Also, we were not to keen on the shared dining during evening meal but again you can choose to attend dinner after 8pm when shared dining is no longer applicable.

There have been complaints about the tunnel leading to the hotel but we never found this a problem. You could stay at any hotel located on an incline but the benefit of this tunnel is that the walk to the hotel is air conditioned.

All in all this was a lovely hotel in a prime location and we would definately return"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of August 2008

Just come back from our first trip to So...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"Just come back from our first trip to Sorrento. Having read some previous reviews I was very pleasantly surprised by Conca Park.
First of all our room was very good - spacious, clean and with plenty of storage space for clothes and all the other stuff you always take on holiday. The balcony was quite large - easily enough room for two people to sit comfortably. Only downside was that our room was on the 'cliff side' (we were on the 4th floor) so there was no view per se. On the other side of the coin, the room kept pleasantly cool throughout the week we were there (the temp was well in the thirties each day) and we didn't need the air conditioning.
Food I thought was generally good; breakfast was a buffet with a reasonable if not overly exciting choice - but better than other Italian hotels I have stayed at. Evening meal was three courses with a good choice. It wasn't typically Italian maybe but portions were very adequate - basically we couldn't afford to eat out each night so you pay your money and take your choice ..............On a couple of days we were out on trips so instead of dinner thay made us up a very good packed lunch - rolls, cake, drink and a piece of fruit.
The staff in the hotel were very good, friendly helpful and polite - especially the lady who cleaned our room and the restaurant staff - many of whom were very good with the younger children who were staying there.
Downsides ? A couple : Charging 5 euros for a sunbed by the pool (deck chairs were free though); the bar was also a bit soul less - we ended up having pre dinner drinks on the very pleasant terrace outside instead.
Overall though we enjoyed our stay very much. In theory I would go back again although in practice we rarely return to a resort as we always want to try somewhere new "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

The hotel is situated in an excellent lo...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of July 2008

"The hotel is situated in an excellent location 10>15 minutes stroll to Piazza Tasso (suggest route via the narrow streets to the North) The tunnel to the hotel is unique, 200 metres up an incline, tiled floor with boutique display windows on either side. Buggy available. Reception and maids excellent.

We had a cliff facing room on the 2nd floor with a decent sized terrace,sunshine all afternoon, rooms above had a little balcony whilst the sea view rooms (north facing) had little or no sunshine all day. Spacious public areas inside (with 3 metre TV Sceens) and chairs/couches outside. Pool area had ample loungers (free, contrary to previous comments)

Some guests have suggested it is not 4 star. Stars are awarded on the number of rooms, dining facilities, public areas, pools, conference centre,internet access,uniformed staff etc, not on luxury. Conca Park is not luxurious,but offers a good standard of accommodation and facilities.

We travelled with Riviera Holidays and everything with Riviera was excellent. Tours, timings,guides,transport and itenerary was 1st class. If you are fortunate to have Paula from Riviera and Pepe in Capri you will not be dissapointed.

Unfortunately there is (in my opinion) a downside................The Restaurant.Breakfast wasn`t a problem, ample juices,fruit,cereal, a cooked on request and various pastries, but the evening meal was not 4 star, down to 2. When we are in Italy we like to eat Italian food and the last thing I want to eat in a June evening overlooking Vesuvius is frozen rolled breast of turkey. The waiters were all mature males and couldn`t fault their service and attentiveness (no waiting for courses) Almost robotic, put the plate down, pick up the used plates, no smiles, no communication.

Would go back, but on a B&B basis"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

We stayed at the Conca Park in June 07 a...

Reviewed Fri 21st of September 2007

"We stayed at the Conca Park in June 07 and could not fault the holiday or hotel.
True, there is steep tunnel to the hotel but my husband who has walking difficulties never had to wait more than 3 minutes for the buggy manned by very obliging staff to transport him. There is also the path by the pool which takes 5 minutes to walk to the town centre.

True you have to pay for sunbeds, but these are large loungers with a sunshade which could be moved to accommodate the sun. There are also dozens of other smaller free very comfortable loungers which can be in the sun all day if you wish, or again these could be moved to the shade.

The food was excellent with numerous choices each evening. At breakfast omelettes, scrambled eggs, bacon were cooked to your liking, with the usual cereals, fruit, yoghurt and salads if you wished.

It was your own choice where you sat and at no time did you have to share a table.

Diana our guide was also excellent proving to be very knowledgeable and helpful. A thoroughly enjoyable holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

I must disagree with some of the comment...

Reviewed Tue 17th of October 2006

"I must disagree with some of the comments posted regarding the Conca Park, I found the Hotel to be very nice, the staff friendly and the pool clean.

With regards to someone saying that pool was in the shade most of the day, this is not true, there is a very small part of it in the shade and to be honest I was glad to sit in that part when I needed to cool off. With regards to the only entrance being via the long tunnel, again this is not true, there was a path by the side of the pool which took you right down to the main road and less that 5 mins walk from the shops and bars.

The food was very good and varied from night to night we stayed for 14 nights and didn't have the same evening meal twice. I would gladly recommend this Hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again, if I should return to Sorrento."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

We found Conca Park the ideal base for o...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of October 2006

"We found Conca Park the ideal base for our touring holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful.

The food in general was good, although the breakfast could be a little strange!

The idea of sharing a table with strangers in the restaurant was a little daunting, but as we were all on the same Riviera tour, it turned out to be the ideal way of making new friends and discussing the events of the day.

Our room was a good size, spotlessly clean with spectacular views out over Vesuvius and the bay of Sorrento.

The most annoying thing was the lack of separate bedside lamps which made reading in bed difficult.

One observation is that the pool only gets the sun in the morning, so it's not ideal for sun worshipers.

On the whole we had an excellent holiday and enjoyed our stay at Conca Park.

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

I loved Conca park hotel, it was a styli...

Reviewed Sun 10th of September 2006

"I loved Conca park hotel, it was a stylish hotel and the staff was always friendly. The only disappointing things about the holiday were, the tunnel leading to the hotel which was savage having to walk up that every time.

I loved Adolpho, Angelo and Jessepe at the bar, then there was Enrico, Francesco, Antonio, Julian, Marco and Rafael at the pool bar, Lambros and Luigi at reception there all legends and if you ever go there you'll love them!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Hotels near Conca Park Hotel

Top traveller tips for Conca Park Hotel

• LizMcAsey by LizMcAsey

"The sea view and balcony were definitely a plus. "

• KatesAunt by KatesAunt

"Don't. I have rated the food below average as there are much nicer places to eat in the old part of Sorrento which is less than five minutes walk away. "

Conca Park Hotel is also called